REFN gets CANNES Standing Ovation

screened episodes of Too Old Too Die Young

youtube.com/watch?v=CZb7w0sIr9A

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 22.36.16.png (827x429, 443K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/lolacorfixen/
seoghoer.dk/vipedia/liv-corfixen
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If cannes likes it it must be terrible

This.

How does Cannes even have time to show content if they have to pause literally every showing so everyone can give a standing ovation or walk out in disgust?

plebs. Refn along with Zack Snyder are the new pioneers of visual cinema

>Nicolas Winding Refn’s lastest project, “Too Old To Die Young,” is being billed as a new TV series from Amazon Studios. But at a press conference at the Cannes Film Festival on Saturday afternoon, the controversial director said that he wouldn’t call it that.

>“This is a movie,” Refn said. “It’s a 13-hour movie. It’s not TV! TV is like reality shows and news channels. This is the future, which is streaming.”

>“This is a movie,” Refn said. “It’s a 13-hour movie. It’s not TV! TV is like reality shows and news channels. This is the future, which is streaming.”

What a load of shit from a director lost up his own ass

Attached: link.jpg (936x781, 95K)

Literally everything gets a standing ovation at cannes. I made a short for a college course that got screened there as part of a student programme and it got a standing ovation, and I can say as the person that made it that it was like a 5/10 at best

Is Refn the king of Cannes?

Attached: based.webm (1280x720, 1.09M)

David Lynch said the same thing about Twin Peaks: The Return and he was right.

Refn isn't David Lynch

Didn't they hate Only God Forgives?
And that movie was just bad.

Lets settle this once and for all: Cannes; How the fuck do you pronounce it?

Attached: CE987765-2A8C-46BD-A4D2-51FE0143EF4B.gif (388x218, 2.19M)

It's determined by ballot well in advance whether or not a viewing will be met with an ovation for X minutes, or walkouts at specific intervals.
The whole affair is very neatly scheduled.

yes

Attached: TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG - Rang I - Cannes 2019 - VO-CZb7w0sIr9A.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

can

Can

just wait for them to cheer to some pro immigration movie and suddenly cannes opinion will not matter again

people who play videogames and like Refn change their mind every second

God, someone just drop a bomb on this elite circlejerk

No. But Lynch was right.
Theatrical movies are dead and real filmmakers are tired of being limited to 90-140 minute features. Now that television can give them the budgets they require, they've moved onto that format in order to tell longer stories.

cans

con

Kahn

Malick kino when

kanes

/ɡā/

Attached: 1527957967443.jpg (374x346, 67K)

They have 8 days of screening with multiple screenings going on all day all over town.

Did they watch the whole series?

Rocketman elton john movie got a 4 min standing ovation and i doubt it's any good

Car-Nen-nes

Is this the show where Kojima appears?

CAN - NEZ

jah
>Rocketman elton john movie got a 4 min standing ovation
that's cause cannes doesnt boo homosexual subjects

It's screening out of competition at Cannes. Movies generally get booed if they're terrible and also in competition. Out of competition screenings don't get booed for being bad. That said, standing ovation for out of competition screening is pretty rare also.

Palme d'Or contender here

Attached: Parasite (2019).jpg (1000x1425, 376K)

His neck is just more head
Neck-less Winding-Refn

Attached: nolastedbletters.png (240x160, 35K)

>when i met miles teller.........to be the lead of the show......i met him...........
legitimate autism

gook shit sucks. Burning was meh to the max

you just didn't get it

They only screened 2 episodes of it I think.

Oh golly I can't wait for the overrated video "game" director wank episode!

Carne asada

>threw a table at a wall in film school and got expelled, then re-did the scene in Bronson
>directed Drive even though he failed his driver's license exam like 7 times
>directed OGF only so he could visit toy shops in Thailand then got upset because his wife put his toys in the attic
>can't shoot his movies in non-chronological order
>color blind
>dyslexic
>lost virginity at 24
>proposed to his first girlfriend (now wife), she initially said no but kept the ring
>daughter doesn't call him Dad or Papa, calls him "Jang" the same nickname used by his adult friends and family
>believes in Thai ghosts because his daughter sees them and Jodo told him some spooky shit reading tarot cards
>tried to kill his stepmom but the gun didn't go off
>literally wears a towel when he's shooting a movie to keep his energy inside him or something
>can't pick his own clothes, wife does it for him
>Mads says he can't talk to him outside of movie sets because he can literally only talk about cinema
>kissed Goose on the red carpet at Cannes
>kissed Elle on the red carpet at Cannes
>cried on live Danish TV
>talked about fucking on live British TV
>has deluded himself into thinking he's close friend with David Lynch, randomly brings up "David" in conversations, while other people have no idea who he's talking about
>calls himself the new Friedkin, claims OGF is a masterpiece, to Friedkin's face
>despite his wife trying her best to dress him correctly, he still attends event dressed like a teenager while everyone else is dressed properly
>almost got to his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>described The Neon Demon as being about him picturing himself as a 16-year-old girl
>constantly kept mentioning that Elle Fanning had "just turned eighteen" at Cannes until there was little more than awkward silence in response to that notion
>has no chin

Attached: 39DAA033-69A3-4D83-B50B-18B7BF453620.jpg (1024x682, 263K)

Try accomplishing something in your life, trailer inhabitant.

>trying to lump goddamn Snyder in with Refn

Attached: the hero we deserve.webm (1000x424, 1.93M)

Where's my kissu, Nichoras?

Attached: 1515135596799.jpg (620x729, 75K)

I agree gook shit is overrated but did you see Shoplifters? Excellent movie that actually lived up to the hype

>literally wears a towel when he's shooting a movie to keep his energy inside him or something
it serves the same function as a hug box for autistic people

Attached: nicolas-winding-refn-autism towel.jpg (2362x1568, 1.08M)

Holy fucking based

Apparently it's feminist garbage so of course they loved it.

>has no chin

Attached: gettyimages-1150014637-2048x2048.jpg (1540x2005, 1.12M)

The jealous tears in this thread are marvelous.

I go on record saying that he has a weirdly thick neck for his frame.

>contraversial
Really ??

>Hideo Kojimia is a recurring character
what the FUCK is this guy fucking doing
fucking around in hollywood while he's supposed to be making games

>has no chin
>marries chinfu
based and geneticspilled

Attached: refn toy shopping with mommyfu.webm (888x500, 1M)

Lola is qt

Attached: gettyimages-1149973392-2048x2048.jpg (1363x2048, 921K)

Further proof he fucking sucks.

but now his youngest daughter has a weak jawline and big chin

>daughter has a top tier jawline
lmao they planned this

I like that Oscar Isaac story about how Refn could never write something like "the man walks through the door." Instead he first has to narrow down every possibility of entering until it makes sense for the character. He'll question why he doesn't come in through the window, why he doesn't bulldoze through the wall, etc. etc. and if he can't come up with a valid answer why of all the ways to enter a room it makes the most sense for who the character is to walk through the door then he knows something is wrong.

>along with Zack Snyder

Attached: 1539479664538.gif (500x375, 546K)

Cannes loved Drive dipshit

Cinema isn't about stories. A film is a poem or a simphony not a novel.

Attached: 1553354915223.jpg (400x571, 59K)

I wonder if he can actually act

yep

Attached: gettyimages-1149906091-2048x2048.jpg (2048x1365, 1.13M)

The Cannes audience only liked it because they're all pervs and the episodes featured Nell Tiger Free showing her tits

Is Refn's daughter going to become a Yea Forums waifu?

what the FUCK I thought they were wee babies

Attached: Goose Dadcucks Refn.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

his team is making games, he just has to give some input and get all the credit later

>>has deluded himself into thinking he's close friend with David Lynch, randomly brings up "David" in conversations, while other people have no idea who he's talking about

BASED

left is taylor hill

Is that Song Kang Ho? I'm eager to watch this then.

she's 13 in this pic

Yep

Attached: 3E3FEB0A-ED95-423A-983F-F268CA6E26F0.jpg (750x1066, 472K)

who cares as long as it has his typical visual flavor
plot is irrelevant

He's gaming the system. Now they have no choice but to praise his film, securing funding for the next passion project.

Attached: 1526935100648.jpg (683x1024, 210K)

based and unironic autism pilled

His typical visual flavor hasn’t been interesting since Pusher 2
>dude colored chiaroscuro lighting let’s gooo!!!!
Fuck off. I can count on one hand the number of living filmmakers whose visual style trumps a need for good storytelling

I agree actually. I’ve heard people pissed at this series for portraying spic immigrants as villains

Kinuah

But why doesn't the character just bulldoze the wall

Your point being?

KHAAAAAAN!!!

Yea Forums tourists seething

Attached: 1558200643451.png (640x677, 646K)

wrong pic

Attached: Capture.jpg (630x633, 58K)

This show is going to be lit

and rolf harris was the best artist of his generation. so what he was still a dirty peado

>It's happening
Post yfw Refn delivers a 13 hour sequel to Drive in the vein of Pusher that looks visually like The Neon Demon

Attached: happy sydney.jpg (500x750, 67K)

>threw a table at a wall in film school and got expelled, then re-did the scene in Bronson
>directed Drive even though he failed his driver's license exam like 7 times
>directed OGF only so he could visit toy shops in Thailand then got upset because his wife put his toys in the attic
>can't shoot his movies in non-chronological order
>color blind
>dyslexic
>lost virginity at 24
>proposed to his first girlfriend (now wife), she initially said no but kept the ring
>daughter doesn't call him Dad or Papa, calls him "Jang" the same nickname used by his adult friends and family
>believes in Thai ghosts because his daughter sees them and Jodo told him some spooky shit reading tarot cards
>tried to kill his stepmom but the gun didn't go off
>can't pick his own clothes, wife does it for him
>Mads says he can't talk to him outside of movie sets because he can literally only talk about cinema
>kissed Goose on the red carpet at Cannes
>kissed Elle on the red carpet at Cannes
>cried on live Danish TV
>talked about fucking on live British TV
>has deluded himself into thinking he's close friend with David Lynch, randomly brings up "David" in conversations, while other people have no idea who he's talking about
>calls himself the new Friedkin, claims OGF is a masterpiece, to Friedkin's face
>despite his wife trying her best to dress him correctly, he still attends event dressed like a teenager while everyone else is dressed properly
>almost got to his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>described The Neon Demon as being about him picturing himself as a 16-year-old girl
>constantly kept mentioning that Elle Fanning had "just turned eighteen" at Cannes until there was little more than awkward silence in response to that notion
>has no chin

Attached: 1513809814955.png (1257x668, 916K)

Refn is playing a fictional character in his interviews. He's literally confirmed this before. You can't take anything he says seriously

>Pusher 1 is like post-punk. Bleeder is glam rock. Fear X is Eno, who ended up making the music for the movie. Pusher II was Iron Maiden. Pusher 3 was Neil Diamond. Bronson was Pet Shop Boys. Valhalla Rising - Einstürzende Neubauten. So I can only write a movie when I know what it's going to sound like.

Attached: ifpd-nwrrefn-720p.mkv_snapshot_00.48.53_[2016.09.14_22.55.16].jpg (1280x720, 38K)

This. The tv is 2019 is great

I realized that when he once claimed his family is Jewish

iS THAT HIS DAUGHTER ON THE LEFT? SHE'S HOT AS FUCK

BASED

>Cannes; How the fuck do you pronounce it?
Cann
you don't pronounce the -nes, but you do sorta imply it being in there by holding on the nn

Fuck I forgot Cannes was even happening. Time for me to pick out the Asian movies and ignore the rest (for real though looking at the contenders made me find out there's a new Bong Joon-ho movie coming out starring Song Kang-ho which I'm pretty sure is automatic hype for any koreaboo movie fan).

>doesn't repeat the elle kiss with his daughter
sad!

Lola

Attached: gettyimages-1144343256-2048x2048.jpg (2048x1365, 1.17M)

Either last year or the year before they screened The Villainess and gave it rave reviews.
Suffice to say that film was hot garbage and everyone involved should feel embarrassed

oh god. weebs are getting into cinema now. Asian shit is trash, faggot. go watch evangelion or dbz

you just KNOW

Attached: My.Life.Directed.by.Nicolas.Winding.Refn.2014.x264.720p.mkv_snapshot_09.03_[2016.01.31_01.28.15].jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Holy crap she's pretty

>tfw no liv wife
she's such a sweetheart for taking care of an autistic man

Attached: Liv takes her son shopping.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Will Kojima end the Mads-Refn dispute?

Attached: 1512850272483.jpg (2048x1538, 375K)

Can-n

>Nicolas Winding Refn
>controversial
since when?

It's clearly poisoning the well.

based.

>The Villainess
fun movie. not the pinnacle of anything but fun.

weeb=japan, and they've made far fewer (but still some) good movies than Korea in the last 2 decades.

How can one man be so based?

Attached: 1533702544054.jpg (2048x1434, 1.01M)

>Mads-Refn dispute
Additional information pl0x

>this is your brain on videogames

>daddy's doing the fighting pose again
>when's uncle Ryan going to rescue me from this?

>fun movie. not the pinnacle of anything but fun.
Jesus christ. You'd literally enjoy 2 hours of a turd baking in the sun if it was filmed by an asian person

Mads refuses to work with Refn anymore because of his autism

Would you watch a movie where Refn plays a boxer who's so terrible one of his opponents punches his chin off?

sorry you feel that way m8, i guess we have different tastes in movies

No... But I'd watch that film if Refn directed it and Gosling played the boxer (they can greenscreen his chin away in vfx)

how long do we have before this airs? (streams?)

Yeah I like good films and you're apparently content to watch a bunch of amateurs faff around camera in the most forced, ridiculous ways with terrible choreography, acting and writing

This. I thought I was the only one who sees it that way.

Did he finally resolve his coconut troubles?

Attached: 1455637935403.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

based mads

Ty much. +Rep

Based. Owned that retard

Kek that documentary was funny

life is just a series of coconut troubles

Attached: refn deals with abuse.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Rolf Harris fucking sucks, tastelet

everyone thinks what they like are the real good movies friend, it's okay if we have our differences, it's nothing to fret so much about

>abuse
more like autistic self-harm

Attached: 1433603582714.webm (540x304, 2.87M)

No, he just can’t deal with him in private. They’re going to do a film called THE AVENGING SILENCE next.

>A former European spy, accepts a confidential mission from a Japanese businessman exiled to France to take down the head of the most treacherous Yakuza boss in Japan.
>The spy was one of the leading spies in Europe. An injury inflicted to his vocal cords during a failed mission six years ago left him mute, forcing him to leave his profession. Now, six years later, he is sought out and put on confidential assignment by a former Yakuza, now a retired Japanese businessman in exile in France, to track down and kill the head of the most dangerous Yakuza family in Japan.
>Afraid of flying, our spy anonymously boards a cargo ship headed for Tokyo. An onboard explosion sinks the ship and our spy finds himself washed ashore on a life raft in southern Japan. As a mute, our spy must silently journey through Japan seeking 4 clues – symbolizing conquest, war, famine, and death – which will guide him to the unknown location of the Yakuza boss. Meanwhile, the Yakuza boss, known for his 2004 mass slaughter of Yakuza members who had turned against him, is believed to be plotting to reenter the Japanese underworld after living in his own surreptitious world in the mountains, void of all technology. This way of life becomes an obsession for the Yakuza boss. Rumors spread that he had committed suicide years ago but escaped prisoners from his hidden camp told stories of his plan for a comeback. Now rival Yakuza families suspect he is forming a master plan to return, a plan that unburies the most infamous story of Yakuza betrayal.
>Our spy finds himself on an existential journey through Japan in search of pieces to the puzzle that will lead him to a confrontation with the ultimate Yakuza boss in a terrifying conclusion.

Attached: E1D34F32-A422-41A8-8A18-8A18522981C3.jpg (395x594, 67K)

Asia is the only continent consistently producing good cinema. Who do the States have besides Malick?

That film hasn't been cast. We don't even know if he's still making it since it was announced before TOTDY

What is this from?

Wrong. There are objectively good and objectively poor movies. Cope harder

And?

cannies

Attached: a cat.jpg (572x621, 104K)

>Who do the States have besides Malick?

Attached: nbreen.jpg (1920x1080, 96K)

Okay, you win this time

did I say the states are producing great content? No. I said Asian shit sucks. When I say asian, I mean oriental

My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn

Attached: My.Life.Directed.by.Nicolas.Winding.Refn.2014.x264.720p.mkv_snapshot_08.06_[2016.01.31_01.25.47].jpg (1280x720, 62K)

June 15th

thank you

Cannes' pet pseud/Jew

I heard a rumor that Malick's going to show up tomorrow on the red carpet wearing nothing but his cowboy hat and a bonsai tree covering his genitals

this. what a pleb

>the eternal hack getting even more acclaim
i-it's not fair guise
fuck this gay earth
why does only le weird artsy shit get any recognition
what ever happened to good stories?

Attached: angry_pepe2.jpg (316x202, 7K)

i don't know what's got you so fuming, i'm just trying to be level-headed here. i don't trust someone to be talking about objectivity when they're simultaneously getting so upset over what people enjoy. sorry friend, i think it's just a matter of different opinions. i hope that's okay with you!

Cool, too bad South Korea and Japan are the only two countries in the world who produce great films every year. Hong Sang-soo and Kore-eda are terrific directors. What would you put above Asian shit, retard?

who photoshoped the tits out

You should watch all of his BTS documentaries ASAP. My Life Directed by NWR (directed by his wife) is the one everyone has webms for, but he also has The Gambler, where he struggles to deal with all the money he lost on Fear X (and it ends with him gearing up to do Bronson I think), and then there's NWR which came out in 2012 as he's basking in glory after Drive came out.

Attached: refn gives goose an autism towel.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>hack
You clearly do not know what that word means.

>dude they are asians so they are good! trust my opinion!

I’m not the poster who sperged out at you about The Villainess. When a majority of competent judges agree that certain films are bad while certain films are good, that is as close as we can get to an objective indicator of quality. I am a competent judge and you are not. You like bad films, and you’re gay :)

>refn
>not a hack
you clearly have absolutely no taste whatsoever

The full clip is cute

Attached: cheeky refn.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

b-but Drive?! IT'S KINO! I TELL YOU

Name some better directors??? I think Asia is a land for bugs but they’re keeping cinema alive no cappin

thanks again, user

>"No!"

Pusher 2 is his best film let’s all agree on that

>South Korea and Japan are the only two countries in the world who produce great films every year

Attached: fieri.gif (325x235, 1.57M)

Awaiting your counterclaim

Every Pusher film was an improvement. Bleeder was similar to the Pusher films but Valhalla Rising was entirely different and Bronson was easily the best film he made. How does that make him a hack?

is it 2005?

Attached: what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg (480x360, 31K)

Not him but "Objective"fags are the worst. Literally nobody has the exact same taste so how did you do the necessary research to find out that you were the only one who has the true answers and can objectively say what the good movies and bad movies are?
>I am a competent judge and you are not
How do you objectively come to that conclusion?

You take the aggregate and see how many smarties like a film compared to how many dummies like it, retard. I know I’m a competent judge through an appeal to God. God confirmed for me through signs that I am a competent judge of films with good taste. Allah is one.

I love this man.

Attached: Nicholas_Windig_Refn.jpg (277x296, 24K)

But Pusher 2 is the best film he’s ever made. Bronson is good but Pusher is 3 is nowhere near as good as 2.

>hurr only good movies come out of asia
And the fact that you know "weeb" refers to japanese shit, and not korean, makes you a weeb ass nigger. Dont try to deny, senpai

Attached: 1555098776052.png (644x800, 43K)

>that scene in MLDbNWR in which Refn and Goose are paid $10K USD cash in Thailand to say hi to some people
w-what was that

I disagree but it's not important seeing as how he still doesn't qualify as a hack.

Japan is lagging behind SK a little, but what I said is true :) name a non-Asian country producing better films?

Eh, he’s kind of a hack. People grossly overrate his work, and he seems to have internalized the praise

Ryan Gosling's agent probably gets offers over $100,000 almost every week for him to make an appearance at some rich asshole's birthday party.

Still waiting for someone to name a country that makes better movies every year than SK or Japan...

Reminder that the only reason why people here love him is because they are Kojimadrones who discovered Refn's movies thanks to him.

>People grossly overrate his work
Has nothing to do with whether or not he's a hack. He also didn't become well known until Drive, which he made after all the films that were mentioned.

Kojima has shit ass taste in movies. It’s hilarious. For every good movie he likes, he loves ten shit ones

most of them. SK and Japan had a hot run in the aughts but nobody gives a shit about their trash now.

How shit do your friends have to be that you'd pay for someone to come to your birthday

Attached: 1445266744354.png (480x480, 217K)

Yeah it does have to do with whether he’s a hack. The people that call him a hack have to reckon with the critical reception he’s had as a director. He’s only a hack if the people rating him so highly are wrong, in which case he’s actually shit. He was well-known in cinephilic circles before Drive, nigger

Trailer looked fine but we all know that's not a real indicator of the quality. I suspect it will be pretty decent though, in comparison to the other garbage that has been coming out lately.

Yet the highest rated films of last year were all from Asia?
>Burning
>Shoplifters
>An Elephant Sitting Still
>Grass
>Long Day’s Journey Into Night
Look, we even got two Chinese contenders in 2018

Okay, select a country and post the great films it’s produced recently

>the highest rated films of last year
oh, you go by ratings? pfff give it a rest weeb

>bias proves I am right

If I was a b-b-b-billionaire I'd probably be a lunatic faggot about hiring famous people to go to my shitty parties. Not like anyone else hanging out with you cares about you "for who you are" at that point anyway.

The ratings are deserved in these cases. I saw the films—they range from good to great.
What you see as a bias exists because Asia makes great movies while the West shits out Shape of Water and Green Book

>Drive
>Only God Forgives
>The Neon Demon

Rank from best to worst

Attached: 27244599-3945-4600-BA20-59210A0E490A.jpg (960x1440, 290K)

So he's hack now but wasn't one before Drive, the film that made him much more popular and well-known? Is that what you are saying?

Attached: 1410465441030.png (250x418, 121K)

He's a magazine director. No substance, no real intent but pretty pictures. You know a bad director who doesn't read, and you can tell by watching anything he's done he's a turbo pleb

You posted them from best to worst in order. Neon Demon is fucking trash

NWR!

Attached: 1516318638735.gif (452x371, 59K)

This but unironically

No and I’m not the one who called him a hack. I do think it’s likely that he’s become a hack, though, if Neon Demon is any indication. We’ll see how this series is.

>they validate my own bias so they are correct
>just ignore how foreign movies always get better ratings especially from people online
have sex

You’re not wrong, but he’s better than most the shitters working nowadays. Von trier’s movies have intent but they’re generally shit, so

>No substance
Retarded thing to say considering the films he has done. Then again, this is Yea Forums and the only films you retards have seen are Drive and what came after.

They get better ratings because they’re better, not because they’re foreign. If you’re talking about retarded Internet cinephiles, you may be right in that they overrate foreign films, but that doesn’t mean the films aren’t good/better than Western shit. I’m still waiting for you to put forward some counter picks :)

I don't even get what the fuck the point of Neon Demon really was. At least OGF has a clearer subtext that kind of excuses all the narrative fuckery.

Both OGF and Neon Demon are just Refn going full autism from the success he had because of Drive. Bronson is almost as good as Drive and Valhalla would have been had it not gotten retarded and boring in the second half.

Von Trier's lost his way with the Jack one, had none of the full-on-ness of dancer in dark but maybe times have changed or expectations were different.

>he thinks the Pusher trilogy, Bleeder, Bronson, Fear X, and Valhalla Rising have substance
LMAOOOOO

you're talking to multiple people here, retard. You're obsessed with gook shit, and you look stupid

>she thinks they don't
SAD!

I think Dancer in the Dark is his only truly great film. Everything else ranges from decent to bad, including Breaking the Waves. I still believe he can make another good film tho

I know, but my post applies to anyone and everyone who rejects my claim without offering counter picks :) Gook have been making good films lately, and Western directors have not. That’s all I’m saying. Stay mad, tastelets

just saw the trailer and it has john hawkes in it, so it might be ok

I actually do I’m just memeing. Pusher 2 is great and really moving

Only a woman could think they don't.

DROPPED

women are objectively better than men and if you disagree you're literally a homosex

Fear X is a weird movie

Who has the bigger autism? Goose or Refn?

a good movie

I wouldn’t go that far. The sound design and atmosphere are nice but it’s pretty mediocre otherwise. Gets really dumb in the last 20 minutes

Refn is almost certainly diagnosable autism spectrum disorder. Goose is just a good actor.

Attached: refn is weird at sex.webm (720x405, 3M)

>I wouldn’t go that far
Is that going too far? I like it. I think it's good

Be more discerning in your taste. I don’t care if you like it. I like it too and still find it mediocre. Also FUCK NIGGERS

Am I the only one that thinks Teller looks like 60s Tony Stark?

Attached: old sport.png (540x898, 415K)

Drive
Neon Demon
Only God Forgives

all 3 are great though

>Valhalla would have been had it not spent ten hours on a fucking boat
ftfy

Wrong. Fuck off idiot

>getting upset for being pleb filtered
Don't worry user, maybe you'll develop taste in a decade's time if you really work at it

It's true. With Drive winning of course but all very comfy. Hence why too old to young is going to be kinoma

Liking Neon Demon is a surefire way to never have good taste, gay boy :)

Well how the fuck do I get in touch with God like that and not piss Him off by showing him my objectively bad favorites?

>le pleb filtered!
>kino!
>only women don't understand these movies!
Do you have any more Yea Forumseddit meme to spout?

I think you need to fuck off capeshitter.

he was THIS CLOSE to making an amazing "vikings versus injuns" movie

K I N O

>clout chasing circle jerk celebrates hack
how interesting

>maybe you'll develop taste in a decade's time if you really work at it
Can't think of a bigger waste of time than actively trying to refine your taste in film.

...Nah, I like it here.

Attached: 1541280087054.png (240x240, 88K)

>Uncle Goose will never work with Refn again

Attached: 1555793043000.jpg (1024x1024, 217K)

>Refen said Miles Teller looks like Elvis Presley.

What the fuck was he smoking.

I can see it

Attached: lumpy sassman.jpg (817x1222, 218K)

Only one way to find out

He kinda does, just more average and less good looking. Their faces are masculine yet relaxed and not conventionally attractive.

Attached: wewrefn.png (232x346, 102K)

I wonder if Refn thinks that film and cinema are dying. The entire 90-minute format is becoming irrelevant. Wonder if he's just gonna give up on movies.

Attached: 230. refnvision.jpg (2819x3370, 2.45M)

He looks good w a mustache

Irrelevant to who, negroid? Zoomers? Who gives a fuck

How did he get away with this?

>what is taxi driver

>modern Cannes is the same as old Cannes

the goose is loose

Kiss miles you coward. You kissed the goose and the fanning. Kiss miles.

Ayyy hold up...this is Refn's daughter??

instagram.com/lolacorfixen/

Attached: 46523381_260901957939231_9082958043695277417_n.jpg (1080x1205, 79K)

holy christ

>Irrelevant to who, negroid? Zoomers?
literally everyone the concept of the cinema is dying. Producing shit to be distributed online is now much better business. Nobody goes and spends a bunch of money to be forced to be near people to watch anything but big serialized Tentpole event films. Refnesque small-midbudget movies aren't making money at theaters anymore like they did before you could watch things on a phone.

And theater scheduling is the only reason we have the 90 minute rule, and that's the only reason we're so conditioned around the 3 act hollywood structure. If he makes money on this show he'll likely just continue doing it. He's always just leaned into doing whatever was the best investment.

Attached: refn nails the high five.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

other than being a chinlet, that is 100% based

>his wife cheering him on
based

they literally all turn into thots

Sorry, was this not supposed to make me start liking him, because a lot of these are pretty good.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 10.13.15 PM.png (127x167, 48K)

FPBP

It came out wrong but his point, on a narrative/visual/filmmaking standpoint, is incredibly solid.

How much did Endgame just make?

She's not his daughter, she's Liv's sister.

This says daughter seoghoer.dk/vipedia/liv-corfixen

What? I love Refn but please dont tell that Jewish nepotistic leech is in his newest film.

Goose looks a lot like a friend of mine, it really weirds me out sometimes

She probably fucks black guys. Poor Refn.