zaotvet.info/library/dejstvija_personala_chast_2
youtube.com/watch?v=6GhoLAto8Vo
souzchernobyl.org/?section=101&id=2440
samlib.ru/p/panchenko_g/kassetylegasowa.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=LzyiuP_dEak
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP works in a shoe factory

Pour one out for Shcherbina.

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E02.Please.Remain.Calm.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb-0013.jpg (1920x1072, 309K)

still better than the /cher/ faggot.

How did reactors 1,2 and 3 keep running during all of this? How bad was the radiation?

Why didn't people running the other reactors run into reactor 4s control room when there was the explosion?

It seems like a really empty building considering a whole town was built to support it with staff.

Attached: 150087427013.jpg (462x500, 39K)

I tried looking it up, but I can't find information about the rest of the pilots.

Did any of them die to ARS?

Attached: 1557983627928.jpg (1920x1417, 996K)

Considering how many lies this show tells us i wouldn't be surprised to know he was still alive and in his mid 20s by now

hello bambinos

Attached: 1556320043295.jpg (996x1494, 207K)

Rabunga brabunga!
Rabunga brabunga!
Rabunga brabunga!

Attached: 1557963891463.png (1440x900, 962K)

>If you spend more than 90 seconds on the roof, you will more likely to die.
>if you spend less then 90 seconds you get cancer or maybe inability to reproduce

Attached: d112cb26634a53d2a271711eb56b08e5.png (604x550, 658K)

>that phone call scene
>The West know, I guess we should start evacuation
IRL:
>evacuation ordered by Shcherbina at 11 pm 26th. Scheduled on 2 pm 27th
>The Swedes are the first outside of USSR to find out. They do it on 28th.

*storms in*

EXCUSE ME WHAT IN THE NAME OF LENIN ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS REACTOR

YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME THAT YOU'RE A RENOWNED ACADEMICIAN LEGASOV?

MONE OF YOU STUPID M*LES ENTERTAINED AN IDEA OF VAPOR EXPLOSION? PFFFT KNEW YOU DIDN'T

OKOK LEGASOV MY TIME TO MANSPLAIN TO COMRADE GORBACHEV NOW

Attached: Ulyana-Khomyuk.jpg (1024x661, 62K)

CNPP is an absolutely enormous site, and they were probably just told the bog standard
>3.6
>roof fire
>no graphite tovarish
Would you want to be the one to undermine the fruits of the workers' labour by shutting down nuclear power supply?

Dyatlov, i think the core might be open

Attached: 2340896.jpg (514x623, 117K)

Why isn't what's her name on there? The snappy scientist that talks down to her superiors?

good, comrade

youtube.com/watch?v=pnuPpFv0f50

Attached: 1557958757029.png (1542x1274, 2.14M)

Because it's a B-movie which has nothing to do with the real event.
youtube.com/watch?v=IVthWR4cR1g
Dyatlov himself tells that the main reason why that shit happened, because nobody has done the experiment when the station was in construction, and Legasov was actually defending the station staff on the trials, blaming design flaws of the reactors.
So just watch and enjoy, don't ask question.

Because she isnt real

Comrade user...
look at me

Attached: 1558108756086.jpg (1910x954, 149K)

>How did reactors 1,2 and 3 keep running during all of this? How bad was the radiation?
They were running. The radiation wasn't that bad because blocks did not share vents.
>Why didn't people running the other reactors run into reactor 4s control room when there was the explosion?
Because they were running their own reactors making sure everything is ok.

i love this show but you fucks are nothing but poison to these threads.

you people are just as bad as feminists

Who was Kibenok?

Also was Yuvchenko not the man holding the door who was sat there almost dying with Stolyarchuk? He seemed doomed.

Your fucking video is in Russian you piece of dog shit shill

Yuvchenko lived for quite some time after the disaster.

Who "people"? I'm just being ironic over a poorly executed hamfisted quota character.

>
>This next episode should be full of showing the radiation effects. I'm not sure how they can rag out the drama for another three episodes now that the thermal explosion will be averted.
The show desperately needs to deviate from history and show an actual fucking explosion, worse case scenario-tier, and the impact on Europe. Maybe that's where the showrunners are taking this in a surprise twist?

The town was evacuated shortly after, so I don't think anyone bought the 3.6 for long - especially not anyone working at the plant.

I don't speak Russian

If their reactors were stable, wouldn't they send one of the staffers in just to ask what was going on? I know some of that type of thing has to be edited for time, but...

because

nytimes.com/2019/05/03/arts/television/review-chernobyl-hbo.html

>The biggest and most artificial contrivance is the creation of a fictional character, a Belarusian scientist played by Emily Watson who takes a suspicious radiation reading in Minsk and magically, preposterously takes over the story. She’s everywhere at the same time, forcing herself onto the investigatory commission, sitting in on meetings with Gorbachev, raiding government archives, interviewing engineers in their hospital beds, single-handedly uncovering the secret history of the faulty reactor. (If Mazin wanted a prominent female character to leaven a story dominated by men, why did he leave out Maria Protsenko, the architect who designed Pripyat and supervised its evacuation?)

YASS GIRL SLAY etc. etc.

Attached: 1557442072510.png (1634x1798, 2.93M)

when is more episode/chapter?

That scene filled me with a sense of dread. Like looking into Pandora's box.

Attached: 1528686834743.jpg (788x576, 353K)

>Shcherbina died in Moscow in 1990
not even 5 years

it's just 3.7

>Shcherbina
the girl?

>The show desperately needs to deviate from history
It needs no such thing. There's liquidators, ARS, some overal amped-up drame and reshuffling of timeline events in order to frame an engaging story, and the cause of the explosion will be part of investigative scenes and even flashbacks. So you still might get your ''actual fucking explosion''.

Shcherbina, not shcherbina

>not only was he crushed
>but he was also killed by ARS
literally two of the most painful deaths possible put together

monday 9est

So next episode should be about how fucked that firecrew was from radiation and whew komrade we didn't blow it all up. What's there left for another two episodes?

>>russians starve ukraine to death
>let a nuclear facility go bust and respond with lol just move the people!
>upon its independence, coup multiple times
>steals all nuclear weapons but promises in exchange to never seize any ukrainian land
>illegally seizes crimea
>wages illegal secret war in eastern ukraine for another territory
>Ukraine and the surrounding area never actually Russian clay

Anything else to add? This should be posted in every thread to remind everyone of history and prevent the politiburo from silencing more facts

At least it was the same day

>builds factories, schools and roads for 70 years
Wow so cruel.

You can read all the personnel testimonies in here: zaotvet.info/library/dejstvija_personala_chast_2
You don't quite understand, the whole station is divided into different workshops in terms of personnel (it's a functional division). Some blocks share some workshops some don't. The guys at other blocks did not quite know what was happening at the 4th block. They can not leave their places without managment approval. Some of them went there to help with stuff if their responsibilities overlaped with the 4th block.

the yaas queen slay character probably uncover a conspiracy and she has to save not only one continent but the entire world

I love anti-nuclear propaganda disguised as b-movie schlock

Charlottesville 2017

i can't wait this long hnnnngh

Attached: tictoc.jpg (706x990, 96K)

>russia bad
*sogh*

Fixed for better dramatization

Attached: 1558196687920.jpg (1920x1080, 210K)

>It was the weekend, so it was hard to find doctors, and, at first, no one understood what they were dealing with: The uniformed young men being brought from the station had been fighting a fire and complained of headaches, dry throats, and dizziness. The faces of some were a terrible purple; others, a deathly white. Soon all of them were retching and vomiting, filling wash basins and buckets until they had emptied their stomachs, and even then unable to stop. >The triage nurse began to cry.
Instead we got that strong and independent woman and her tablets.

>could have had more iodinefus

Attached: 1558044749856.jpg (1125x1102, 668K)

>everyone unironically acknowledges russia as bad
>2016
>trump elected
>liberals, previously more prone to supporting russia, now attack russia
>solely because liberals attacking russia, conservatives start supporting russia
>anons now shitpost in every thread about the kindness of russia

Attached: 1540800395826.jpg (601x382, 169K)

Russia has tigers

>A female character that's not a brainless cumdumpster, you say?
>Hold on, just gotta check something on my computer.

Looks like better kino than most released in the last few years, but why did they have to throw in an unironic, near comedically super competent Yaas Kween character in the middle of a well made and serious series?

Ulyana and Legasov fuck!

kill yourself faggot

Helicopter pilots did not die from ARS. Most of them died from long-term problems. The crashed helicopter victims died in fire.

Attached: 1557588129987.jpg (480x851, 113K)

fapped more than once to the though of reactorchan
i am corrupted

Attached: 60510945_361892191341186_9073169093414092800_n.jpg (960x960, 63K)

pls only fren posting itt

Attached: 1548644711145.jpg (900x873, 112K)

>just include a hyper competent woman that didn't exist in a historical based series
>also make her able to call meetings with the highest leader in the USSR at a moment's notice
>also allow her to mouth off to her superiors in the USSR without getting disappeared immediately like this is UC Berkeley or something
It's comically ridiculous.

I kek'd

not everyone is an amerishart

wtf I hate Chernobyl now

imagine ruining your own historical drama by inventing a random woman that somehow knows everything, has all the answers and just happens to tag along to a top secret committee with the most powerful people in the soviet union. and instead of focusing on what actually happened, we're getting 3 episodes with her bickering
what a gigantic waste of a story

>checks out that she didn't exist
lamao

>I'm going to kill myself in 5 years
>does it in 2
What did Legasov mean by this?

Attached: DXOEh2IVMAEEvC4[1].jpg (1023x423, 41K)

fug, got me on that one

>lamao
Report to the infirmary.

>just watched second episode
Who the fuck is this and how does she have the answer to everything?

Attached: E55A0CE0-91C4-4DA3-9E7D-85D047BAEC4F.jpg (624x351, 41K)

Who plays him?

Attached: 73z976te1sy21.jpg (480x300, 40K)

Wonder Woman

He died 4 years after but cause of death was never released. Do the math.

She is Legasov.

Required inclusion in any media product created today.

elba

No one because that case was boring and nobody here gives a fuck about neither in hollywood nor here

She's a conglomerate scientist character.

Mr Gorbachev, i know your are the leader of one of the biggest, more powerful, nations in the world. I know we hand picked a selected experts in this matter to help resolve this crisis but this woman showed up here yesterday and she made some really good points. She's clearly smarter than all of us combined so i think we should listen to her

>ouchie

You can listen or read texts of his tapes. He felt like Don Kichotas fighting aginst Beurocratic machine of USSR. He also most likely felt guilt for the disaster since he was in several committees where they pushed RBMK shit.
The other version been he talked to much at IAEA meeting and got killed by KGB

incel enrager

Not ouchi. Not radiation related. Stop posting.

I have to wait until Tuesday because travelling :/

>Bryukhanov, the beast is glowing
>No, no it's just bioluminiscence. It's normal, even in basic organisms.

Attached: cherenkov radiation.png (1824x906, 807K)

Do you read the thread before posting or just ask this every hour on purpose?

>btw she wants to kill 3 man

you can't stream it on your travels?

Why the fuck didn't they put the these poor saps out of their misery.

He might just be a new poster.

great acting just with his eyes

/ C H E R /

Nonsense Tovarish you’re delusional! Off to the infirmary for you!

Realistic diversity quota.

Realistic because there were no niggers ner Pripyat, faggotry was a criminal offence and trannies were put into asylums. This leaves only women.

Why make a fictional women instead of taking a real one, that's the better question.

ok, it's not funny anymore.

Attached: ARS.png (1624x904, 850K)

>Why make a fictional women instead of taking a real one, that's the better question.
Because that doesn't always work, dude.

Who thought adding music was a good idea?

Its why most women suck at acting. If you can't show emotion through your eyes you can't portray emotion properly.

That's the lamest excuse of her I've ever heard here, fag.

Some nerd on youtube?

>implying the soviet report wasnt full fabrication

>namecalling
>every character has to be historically accurate
let's start again, buddy.

They could have had a team of scientists as it was in actual events and included a woman in it which may have actually happened instead of just basing it all on one character.

I'll be on an airplane, then land and have to work, so that night I'll watch it before I go to sleep.

yeah, what a cunt
fuck him

seriously though, she looks at the same map they've been looking at for hours and just instantly finds this obvious flaw they've been missing (hm, these water tanks are empty, but could water come from somewhere else?) even though she hasn't even seen the site in person

>americans need corny sad music in the background for a depressing moment to feel actually sad

Attached: 1510589842669.png (1119x712, 31K)

I'm kind of just fine with the female scientist. Would you rather just be shown a group of old dudes doing math for half the episode? It's only 5 episodes long, condense the characters and tell the story imo

Inb4 cuck

Can't have too many character, man. Just look what happened to GoT.

Very well. That will be all.

Main characters in a historical drama should be realistic, yes. You idiot.

And it's not name calling to call a spade a spade.

>she looks at the same map they've been looking at for hours
How do you know how long they've been studying the map?
*licks lips*

Cuck

Because most science women in USSR was not higher than a postdoc. The exceptions were extremely rare or were in social sciences. There were no high ranking science grils in nuclear physics. So all the commissions and other guys who were making decissions were man.

Whatever dude, I didn't call you names.

Indeed, bet those dumb m*les studied it for a total of zero seconds.

because they've known about the thing for far longer than her and the basic response would be to study the map

it's not like she poured over it endlessly

Why was he so stubborn lads?

What soviet report? It's documented in Legasov tapes as well as in testimonies of people involved.

So unrealistic diversity quota?

Two of the Engineers that went scuba swimming in the radioactive water are still alive as of 2018. They got an award from the President of Ukraine.

The alternative was to fucking hard to deal with.

It was explained on the "behind the episode"
A group representation of all the scientist who figured out the problem

Attached: 1515441252321.jpg (682x450, 82K)

They didn’t swim; the firefighters had pumped it out by then. They had wetsuits on but no scuba equipment.

Btw "Dyatel" means woodpecker and in Russian is a synonim for a dumbass.

I think the worst soviet stuff just happened to be what type of person was your superior. Like I'm sure there really were many instances of underlings mouthing off at superiors (occasionally, not like super crazy), but they let it slide

I think life will be much more fun if you just enjoy a well told story instead of raging over a woman being intelligent and proactive.

t. cuck
at least you're not an incel so theres that

Because he wasn't lucky enough to have the slay queen near him.

If she was there nothing bad would've happened

внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe внимaниe

I hope there's a black character next episode. I want to see /rmkb/ explode

And? You can't tell a story of a real nurse in more detail and realism because of that?

Women has to be a top honcho for her to count as a character?

Hail Hydra, comrades!

Attached: gfg.jpg (1200x1600, 452K)

Attached: shine.webm (1280x720, 1.6M)

Here's your black characters, bro.

Attached: miners.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

*Black character storm the room Gorbachev is at*
>Mister Gorbachev, i think i might be able to help.
Episode ends

They're miners with faces covered in sot.

You mean go into meltdown not explode, right?

>John Henrynovich removes all the debris from the core with just a big ass shovel

Attached: Simpsons_08_03_P5_640x360_318674499897.jpg (640x360, 146K)

*gorbachev enters his office*
*opens a drawer locked by two keys, picks up a large red telephone and sits down to call*
>ayo G-dog, what's hanging yo
Episode ends

Explain to me, how does /rbmk/ explode?

Technically, the core was exposed, not exploded.

Unfortunately, no.

Bravo Comrade Bravo.

Ah say, that's a joke, son! You missed it! Flew right by ya!

Well if you are totally ok with shitting on people who were actually involved.

Not sure I appreciate your tone.

Technically, the reactor exploded. Not the core itself in that case way more fuel wold be outside the reactor building (they estimated that they lost around 4-5%).

It's cool if they skip showing the explosion. Only seeing the aftermath made the first episode 3.6x more intense because you could feel the confusion and bewilderment. This show doesn't need big explosions to be engaging and horrific. We still have to see the cleanup, the coverup, the deaths, lyudmilas baby, all kinds of things. There is definitely three episodes of material left.

Yeah, it really broke my suspension of disbelief too. I mean this is supposed to be a retelling of events. If you read Boris Igor Strelok's memoirs the music wasn't even there when it actually happened, in fact the shaving incident didn't even occur until May 23rd. I can't believe they would sink so low to shill this hard, is this steaming pile of horse shit show even worth watching anymore?

>smart girl bad
Can we mature past this, please?

Kek & checked

Facts, no need to beat a dead horse

What is it then?

It's not
>smart girl bad
It's
>lets fuck up almost all historical accuracy to shoehorn a yas kween slay fictional character

The actor already does a perfect job conveying his emotions.
No need to distract from that with shitty music

>this bread and circus pleb meltdown
YEEE HAAAWW PARDNA

Boy’s gotta mouth like a cannon, always shootin’ it off! Ah say, this boy’s making more noise than a couple of skeletons throwin’ a fit on a tin roof!

I'd rather it be as realistic to the actual events as is possible for a TV drama, which it has been apart from the one character you mention. I don't care that it's a woman.

>Would you rather just be shown a group of old dudes doing math for half the episode?
If that was more accurate to the actual events, yes.

Do you need a CLAP NOW lightbox too?

It's a frankenstien monster of a character wearing wonder women skin as a hoody.

You're not ingratiating yourself with me.

the podcast confirms flashbacks to the 'plosion

>show is riddled with historical inaccuracies
>guess which one Yea Forums takes issue with?
e v e r y__t i m e

Now who’s, I say who’s responsible for this unwarranted attack on my person? Pay attention to me boy! I’m not just talkin’ to hear my head roar!

God damn. The whole "4 Mt steam explosion that will trigger nuclear holocaust" is the most retarded myth about the Chernobyl.

>I'M NOT A GRAAAAMPAAAAAA

>non existent person created just for equality reasons in a "historically accurate" drama

Attached: 1557674210482.jpg (934x960, 67K)

There are many fictional characters nigger this is a dramatization, nobody should be watching this if they want real hard facts. Now that we've established this for the fifteenth time can you stop making the same post. You are mad the character has a vagina and others would be mad if she didn't, either way it doesn't fucking matter. Sure the character leaves out details of certain scientific events in the background but like read a book if you want to nerd out

The official maxing out was at 20 Roentgens.

Obviously on couldn't do any real long term work with that so many men (and they were all man, no exceptions) cheated ate up to 400 and more in some cases.

>make up a character who's every step makes you divert from the historically accurate description of events
I guess it's fine.

*composite character, comrade

>show is riddled with historical inaccuracies
This is true, but most of them are within dramatic license, to make a more watchable show. Like the red forest turning red straight away or what ever, I get that kind of stuff. But to insert this character who seems to just know everything is pretty egregious, not to mention insulting to the people who actually gave their lives saving countless more from a potential worse catastrophe.

this.

And you are a corrects others on minutia-character.

What in the, I say what in the name of Jesse James do you suppose you're doing? What’s it all about boy, elucidate!

>Like the red forest turning red straight away
Russian wikipedia article says it happened in 30 minutes.

Because it's literally an epitome of other inaccuracies. It's like they made their mission to dial the fictional shit to 11 and now it's reaching an absurd, almost monthy pythonian critical mass.

Hopefully OP will fix his meme.

This. It's only five episodes. They focus on a few main characters in key places to tell the whole story.

She's overpowered because she has the knowledge of several scientists in her. If the same character was male no one would like him but there would be significantly less shitposting. They could have been more careful about it, definitely it's not perfect, but they could have fucked it up a lot worse. I think they did okay for what they have.

>not to mention insulting to the people who actually gave their lives saving countless more from a potential worse catastrophe.
Wasn't most of the guys sacrificed in vain? The important stuff was the boron dump and only 1 heli was lost in that.

Maybe I am wrong on this one, but how can an incident from 35ish years ago be used as anti-technology propoganda? 35 years is a lifetime in some fields of tech, and I am assuming nuclear energy is one of them. Heck Nuclear tech was only 40 years old at the time of Chernobyl.

I am equally mad about:
>le old communist that makes everyone shut up
>le get the iodine pills nurse
>fucking civilians with ARS in the hospital

Thank you for correcting the disinformation here comrade

Inability to reproduce
That's a negative side effect?

>dial the fictional shit to 11
it only goes up to 3.6

Saw the ending of episode 2 now. Holy shit. Holy fucking shit that ending.

you know theres no music in the show right?

I think this character is trash and you're just trying to run damage control for Mazin with that amalgamation of scientists excuse you keep parroting.

Use any of those scientists or better yet use Legasov for the same purpose and stop creating SJW golems out of thin air.

I love how American leftist SJWs culturally appropriated and Americanized an East European tragedy for brainwashing and profit.

I see why they moved the heli crash earlier, they just established the sand and boron dumps have begun and returning to this later was redundant.

>She's overpowered because she has the knowledge of several scientists in her.
She was forged in the fires of Mount Femnaz.

Sorry, kid. But it did not happen IRL the same way they were showing it in the show.

Because they wanted to study his death for as long as possible.

pretty comf

Was a cakewalk irl

Another option would be to have some dialog before the crash that establishes that the dumps have been going on for a while.

Not that guy, but it's not just that she's a woman. It's that she's a woman, who is shown to be
a) supremely competent
b) unnecessarily dismissive to all men, including her colleague for some reason
c) somehow cuts through infamous Soviet bureaucracy with her sass to save the day
An amalgam character was fine, it being a woman was fine, but by depicting her (and the nurse) like they have they're clearly pushing for social brownie points, and it takes me right out of the story.

post more of the friendly robots that helped the humans!

>Who the fuck is this
Mary Sue.

Stop replying to my post, I was making a caricature of the seething asshats in this thread and right now you're one of them

This guy rolls up in his radiation-proof truck and honks at your girl, what is your response?

Attached: beep.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

They could have used Sidorenko (who was actually in the governmental commission) to be constantly on the phone and throwing up ideas to Legasov.

Obviously this is a fucking TV show. But I can imagine it wasn't very fun for those who did it irl either way. What's your point user.

>social brownie points
only ones I care about because they lead to sex

They didn't really call each other "comrade"

In Russian noble ranks happen to mean shit like "your shineness" "your light-ness" so they called each other that depending on the dose one REALLY received. It was kind of a fuck you to the communist system too.

What do you mean?

I understand the lead around the truck, but does the suit help a lot? Or just make it easier to spray him down when he gets back?

Because she only got exposed to 3.6 roentgens which is like having a chest x-ray.

Здpaвия жeлaю, тoвapищ гeнepaл-пoлкoвник!

he's angry at you

what were their names?

Attached: Chernobyl After The Nuclear Explosion.jpg (403x342, 26K)

send him to the infirmary

Stand behind an iron gate and lock it with sturdy padlock.

You really don't want to inhale radioactive dust.

It's getting old.

The thing that I like best about it is how everyone is fucking up to some degree, and how hopeless the situation seems as a result. Even Jared Harris character, for all his noble intentions missed the fact that the water tanks were actually full due to the firefighting efforts, nearly leading to another much more deadly event.

This new character though is so absolutely virtuous, and it goes against the grain of the unrementing misery and hopelessness of the whole show. She ends up grating against everything as a result.

That's just my two cents on the character though, and I still love the show. Best thing on TV by a large margin right now.

I know that, but what about the rubber(?) suit he is wearing?

Band of Brothers did this right, with the French nurse.

Suit + Mask = no skin exposed = no radiation burns = no radioactive particles inhaled = safer than the firefighters.

Baranov, Ananenko and Bezpalov.

This should be a canned response for anyone who talks about the show

>Yeah, *snorts*, acktchyually, in real life it didn't quite play out like that.
>*adjusts glasses* In reality, you see, it was different from the events depicted in this HBO series on your television screen. And that's why this series is a massive insult to everyone who died and, basically, you're a dumb retard cuck for enjoying it. *sucks inhaler*

based trips of truth

Attached: 12321536.jpg (260x194, 10K)

suit and respirator are for not exposing yourself to radioactive dust.

>Hopefully OP will fix his meme.
Meme is in accoradance with episode 1 protocol comrades

Attached: asdasd.jpg (633x144, 23K)

The American ultra far-left SJW lunatic writer literally made her up to tell men "Be better" (his own words)

And shaving with a Gillette razor? That was a little much, who the heck is getting Gillettes behing the iron curtain

When it's time for a new thread, I'll start it and name it /chern/.

Is this from Coчи?

Spoilers yall

In episode 3 they reveal that Chernobyl actually happened. The twist is it isn't scifi it's a period piece based on real events.

Makes sense. How were personal able to get to the other reactors to keep those running?

>you smart and like facts!
Wow what an insult from a literal shit eating pleb.

Attached: desire to shoot someone intensifies.png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

fuck you and everyone in your family

Gee I don’t know. 24/7 pressure from liberals to be inclusive and to make white men look incompetent. Hollywood is the most fascist industry there is.

DON'T FUCKING MAKE FUN OF ME DOUCHEBAG

Played by Paul Ready

Attached: Single_Paul_Ready_doctor-harry-goodsir-700x1000.jpg (700x1000, 357K)

holy fuck it's like someone just punched me in the stomach

NVM then.

And I have no idea if that's accurate. But 3.6 was.

All the reactors were shielded, so radiation on people working in other sectors of the plant would have been minimal.

Damn

Yeah, Sochi's Chinatown

look at the parking sign in the bottom left. it's China

Seems unlikely considering they didn't even have containment structures around their reactors

Anything we should be worried about komrade user?

Attached: anything.jpg (1920x959, 140K)

Your place, or mine?
-eeeerrrr, yours.

Attached: gettyimages-ngs39_0021-1024x1024.jpg (1024x685, 722K)

>everyone should enjoy the media dumbed down to the level of typical american
I guess you are onto something

>Hopefully OP will fix his meme.
And I don't even have the files anymore, I posted it once and then deleted it kek

So the helicopter crash happened 6 months after but it's portrayed like it happened on the same day the evac started, or close. The show plays around with the facts a lot, doesn't it?

> Swabs window and determines exact location of explosion 400 miles away within minutes
> She has blueprints to Chernobyl right at her desk.
> Can read and comprehend them
> knows how to speak code to some random secretary
> silly men are pouring boron and sand on it
> easily has meeting with highest heads of states to womansplain how dumb they are

Uh, yeah, I’m thinking she’s back

Yeah, I was wondering if you'd like to go on the roof of this plant to enjoy the view

>Sidorenko died 7 february 2019
woah

I just watched the death of stalin, he's in that too

That's ridiculous
The soviets surely would've mentioned something if one of their reactors exploded
You seem delusional

Showrunners do this to generate traffic on social media.

where is this image from?

Attached: photoshop (1).jpg (1172x1416, 153K)

who does he play there?

I thought Chernobyl was a dead zone for like decades. How the fuck did people work there everyday?

>You cannot die from fire if you die from tetanus first, comrade!

Attached: asbestos.png (1892x809, 1.24M)

Based.

The radiation in other blocks wasn't that bad. The main concern was getting exposed to aerosols in the air. They were doing dosimetery quite often to ensure that no one gets more then normal dose.

It's Okay, it works I thought it was referring to the official max 20R liquidators could receive. Missed the movie reference.

You guys realize tv-shows are about making money, right? That they're somebody's living?

Attached: 49E219F6-66E3-4859-92FB-0F80B804358F.gif (316x306, 1.05M)

Is Alexander Yuvchenko still alive ?

You wear protection and can't work too many days in a row without taking a break. The last reactor shut down after 2000.

kek

Managing their exposure, staying awy from hot spots

Did the 400 rubles scene actually happen?

Attached: 400.jpg (826x1024, 191K)

>who does he play there?
An NKVD officer if i remember right, not a big part but he's in for a few scenes

Died in 2008.

i should /chern/ you through the fucking meatgrinder desu

After it was over they gave the group leader 1000 rubles

[spoler]No, the guys were simply on shift at the mechanical workshop #2[/spoiler]

>The last reactor shut down after 2000.
Wait, they killed all the reactor-chans?

Attached: 1532599947132.png (707x1080, 787K)

No. Someone linked an interview with one of the divers in the last thread. They just happened to be the ones on shift when that work needed to happen. None of them even died.

Bullshit. Any nuclear engineer worth a shit should understand the conditions set up for that particular test could seriously cause a major power spike due to design of hte control rods and lack of water in the core. Dyatlov was fucking retarded.

They are chilling and being cool(ed) in the massive fuel storage in the reactor area.

1. He did not know about the control rods.
2. There is still debate if the control rods design played major role

youtube.com/watch?v=6GhoLAto8Vo

Ironically, he was the one who was delusional. He saw the fucking graphite on the roof but wouldn't believe it because a) he didn't understand how the core exploding could be possible and b) if it was possible and had exploded they were all dead men

Attached: VaFHoNo.png (900x676, 395K)

So the writers just pulled that number out of their ass.

No, there are 10 RBMKs still working but not in Chernobyl.

>as realistic to the actual events as is possible for a TV drama, which it has been
Except that it hasn't. Those "kamikadze divers" were not sent to die (and did not die); high radiation around the block was confirmed ~3h after explosion; Brukhanov, as shitty as he was, stopped denying reactor explosion around 4pm and proposed to evacuate the city before Scherbina arrived; even before that, local authorities took their own measures including watering streets, giving schoolkids iodium and sending them home; scenes like soldier escorting Sitnikov to the roof and Schebina threating/"joking" to drop Legasov from the plane are just bullshit; etc. etc.

screens to confirm this? i don't remember him ?

Welcome to HBO's Chernobyl, formerly Scary Movie 3.6!

They did.

Legasov, more like Lavasov

Attached: meme12314.jpg (1274x1278, 202K)

Dude, he's in the most iconic webm from the movie

Attached: zhukov death of stalin.webm (1280x688, 1.8M)

He's not cited in the castlist

Link the interview again pls

Attached: D4zyyyeWwAAwnDd.jpg (1024x1016, 117K)

The other reactors were run and manned for 14 more years. Fun fact: unit 2 was shut down after a fire in 1991, unit 1 after people were freaking out about cancer in 96 and shit and unit 3 ran until 2000.

Didn't Legaslov do the same in the helicopter too, though? After a DIRECT order from Boris, no less.

Ulana came from the same hole

this is my favorite myhm of these threads

Attached: 1538173387761.png (650x650, 13K)

You've made a good effort.

It's ok, I guess.

You're posting disinformation, Comrade.
And it wasn't just Pripjat. About 150K people needed evacuation.

I thought i'd create a wholesome family friendly meme, as opposed to this Core Chan stuff.

It is made by uk leftists for the consumption of americans.

souzchernobyl.org/?section=101&id=2440

Moooooom!
They shoehorned agaaaaaain!
-Oh, my poor poopsykins, would you like some hot coco before snookums-night-night?

You forgot:
>heli crash
>old commie in the bunker
>Pikalov solitary trip to the plant
>the fact that the plant was closed on a lock
etc

Nothing more than a chest x-ray!

>souzchernobyl.org/?section=101&id=2440
That's Ananenko;s interview. He doesn't mention 1k rubles.
The 1k figure comes from Legasov tapes.
samlib.ru/p/panchenko_g/kassetylegasowa.shtml

I think out of all of it this was the most distasteful. Those guys are still heroes for what they did but they viewed it as just doing their job, they didn't volunteer and weren't bribed, just did their job. I understand this is a drama but when its based on documented well known events skewing things like this just seems wrong,

I'm not reading a fucking transcript.

The writer and creator is an American. The worst of the worst of the modern American twitter far-left.

>You're posting disinformation, Comrade.
I can swear by Lenin I'm not.
>And it wasn't just Pripjat. About 150K people needed evacuation.
Yes, but there is a huge difference between totally denying danger for people even in front of central government authorities, and proposing to evacuate the closest town, isn't it?

No he is not. Shcherbina ordered Pripyat evacuation at 11 pm on 26th. At 2pm on 27 46k were evacuated from Pripyat and surroundings (3km zone).
The 150k figure comes from evacuation of 30 km zone that was ordered May 2nd by Ryzhkov.

me on the left

Interesting fact. When soldiers had to make 'roof runs' during the cleanup, their exposure was limited to just 20 Roentgens, with some receiving that in under a minute. For comparison, an annual dose limit of a British nuclear worker in the 1980s was 5 Roentgen. Some of the 'roof run' liquidators received 4 years of radiation in under a minute.

Fucken shit.

Attached: 1545470633605.jpg (634x815, 120K)

It's not that long. But here is the quote:
>Bключилиcь oткaчныe ycтpoйcтвa, этy вoдy cкaчивaли, и вce тaки, знaчит, зaдвижкy, c пoмoщью кoтopoй мoжнo былo oткpыть и, c пoмoщью кoтopoй, мoжнo былo пoнять: ecть ли в бopбaтepaх вoдa, знaчит,- yдaлocь cдeлaть oднoмy из paбoтникoв cтaнции в oчeнь нeпpocтых ycлoвиях и вeчepoм eгo Ивaн Cтeпaнoвич тopжecтвeннo пoблaгoдapил и вpyчил пaкeт c тыcячeй pyблeй. Oн пoлyчил нa этo cooтвeтcтвyющee paзpeшeниe.

>И я видeл лицo чeлoвeкa кoтopый был c oднoй cтopoны oчeнь гopд, чтo eмy yдaлocь этy нeпpocтyю paбoтy в нeпpocтых ycлoвиях выпoлнить. И c дpyгoй cтopoны виднo былo кaк oн этoт пaкeт c дeньгaми мял, нe кaк нaгpaдy, в oбщeмтo гoвopя, eмy и oткaзaтьcя oт этих дeнeг былo нeyдoбнo и в тo жe вpeмя caмa дeнeжнaя фopмa нaгpaды кaктo eгo, знaчит, нe oчeнь paдoвaлa, чтoли, пoтoмy чтo, дeйcтвитeльнo, в тoт пepиoд вpeмeни,- ocoбeннo, люди тaм бopoлиcь c aвapиeй, cтapaлиcь вылoжитьcя, cдeлaть вce чтo мoжнo, нe дyмaя ни o кaких пooщpeниях ни мaтepиaльных ни мopaльных.

They let people sunbathe for two days in insane radioactive fields while mafuckin plutonium and the whole radioactive periodic table was falling down on them

youtube.com/watch?v=LzyiuP_dEak

Actually it was a plant worker who told him the water tanks were empty. He didn't forgot about it (despite never looking at the schematics of the plant like she did).

Jesus, you are actually retarded
>quoting that bbc vid that was debunked years ago.

You'll regret this, user.

link the new thread

don't worry. wherever there is radiation, she exists. she is eternal

You obviously haven't even watched it, Stalinist larper troll.

Attached: Logic bro.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

Except that whole thing doesn't make sense. The "water tanks" upper and lower pool-bubbler (the upper was empty, the lower was not as plant staff found out sometime 1-2 May) would not cause another nuclear holocaust. They shifted events and used the most dubious and unbacked claims by people who did not have information that the governmental commission had just to make Mary Sue save the day.

I wonder if there is Rule 34 on the Heat Death of the Universe

>Report to Gulag!
>tfw there's no difference

Attached: GXTFA7.jpg (2000x1312, 496K)

How would he not know the tips of the rods were in graphite and it would take 3 seconds for boron to kick in the core? I'm sure all of this design information can simply be observed and tested in the other billion manual runs they did over time.

>a fucking Mosque

Why?