Lads whats some serious modern horror Kino? Stuff made in the last 20 years that isn't corny garbage?

Lads whats some serious modern horror Kino? Stuff made in the last 20 years that isn't corny garbage?

Attached: ennsfield haunting.jpg (1280x736, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HrPgDwBa21w
youtube.com/watch?v=W2ot6ogGZNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: severeautism.jpg (634x447, 57K)

Attached: 1347518138779.jpg (600x800, 53K)

Most horror movies ever made are pretty bad. We only remember the good ones from the 90s and before and not the deluge of straight to video shit.

Off the top of my head, some of the best modern horror movies, which elicited an actual sense of dread or unsettle me were
>28 Days Later
>The Mothman Prophecies
>The Blair Witch Project

I like The Witch, I like The Conjuring movies, but neither are scary. Witch is a finely detailed spooky period piece and the Conjuring movies are really fun, but neither made me feel dread. Hereditary was good but the ending was so fucking hamfisted.

Yeah I know. 99% of horror is straight trash. Ive seen all of those suggestions /\ except blair witch bc i was told it was trash. May watch it tonight so.

Hellraiser V. So incredibly better than the rest of the series.

Don't Breathe was pretty good. It didn't try to have some kind of a stupid ''''''meaning'''''' like the Babadook or It Follows, it wasn't pretentious.
It's just three people trying to rob a blind guy, and then the blind guy deciding to murder them. It was well directed.
The only problem I had with the movie was how they decided to humiliate the blind guy and make him look pathetic in the last few scenes. That was just gross and unnenessary.

Whoever told you Blair Witch was trash was a fucking moron. It's a grade A piece of realistic performance, dread and suggestion. Still get chills during one scene at night.

It is trash. The entire movie is them walking around improving pretending to be lost and being annoyed. Once in a while they will see a pile of rocks or some sticks that the other crew members left and they'll comment on how weird that is. Nothing happens until the very end. The entire hook of the movie was that people thought it might be real footage. Now with internet not even the dumbest people think the footage is real.

Context on pic?

wtf meaning was It Follows supposed to have? It was a pretty straight forward and simple horror movie.

Imagine IMAGINE not getting it this fucking hard. You sad surface level baby.
>Durr no monster pops out just rocks like that's dumb and not scary

A girl jumping in the air

A photo from the Enfield Haunting in 70s England, young girl being attacked by a poltergeist

>wow, nothing but bad improv happens, BEST MOVIE EVER, woah did you see that, the guy said that he heard a noise and it was like laughing or something, and then the other actor just stared blankly because they couldn't come up with a line and just wanted to go to sleep, soo good

maybe Transformers is more your thing

Not that same user but its all relative, in terms of what you like in a movie. Ive never seen Blair witch but im sure it does the job for a lot of people. Not everyone likes/appreciates the same shit.

Attached: absolutely decadent.jpg (593x610, 91K)

Idk if horror or creepy but I really enjoyed Hereditary.

Blair witch was much more impactful 10+ years ago. But that's no reason to put it off completely, go ahead and watch it.

Attached: +_35e71e608dad2ee00698ccf52d2bee85.jpg (865x604, 76K)

A lot of people pretend to like things because they think they're expected to like it.
I don't believe these people actually enjoy a movie that didn't have a script and is mostly footage of the actors trying to come up with something on the spot. To actually enjoy the movie you'd have to get really immersed and probably get drunk too.

I remember the writer or director had an interview where they likened the creature to an STD, and the movie was supposed to explore themes of feeling guilty and growing up through adolescence, etc.

Oculus wasn't 'scary' persay, but it had a lot of tension. It was surprisingly good for a movie made by the WWE. It Follows was also pretty good for the same reason in that it built up dread.

I tried binging them and made it halfway through the third one before losing my mind out of boredom. Should I just skip to V?

Pathetic, honestly. I guess you don't understand immersion or immediacy.

The first and the fifth are the only movies in the franchise worth seeing. It's obviously just Hellraiser name being attached to a different script, but they work it in there well enough.
The rest of them are pure trash, especially the one where the cenobites just make a drug hallucination cameo.

Why is this girl doing an impression of an ostrich?

what the fuck did you say to me you little bitch

Attached: creep chan spookies.jpg (598x396, 50K)

>jump
>take a picture
>OMG THIS HOUSE IS HAUNTED

I can tell from your post that women find you boring. You have no appreciation of mystery or the magic of cinema.

have sex

I liked the haunting of hill house

Attached: 1557407424779.jpg (924x976, 129K)

Try "They Look Like People"

Its an AIDS metaphor you dumb cocksucker

>Veronica
Veronica was really kino and good, i liked it. Plus the spanish chick was hot which is a plus.

>The Babadook
The babadook i also took a personal liking too when it initially came out and if you can look past all of the shitty LGTBQ stuff that was forced into it in the social context then its a good movie (in my opinion).

>The taking of deborah logan
I say this one a few years back and its in my books now

Attached: veronica.jpg (1200x600, 92K)

The Ring. The twist is that she cuts her kids dick off at the end to escape the curse

Attached: naomi-watts.jpg (634x951, 149K)

is that klaus Kinski?

fuck your a faggot.
imagine living in a world, where legends and spooks such as witches and ghosts are generally accepted by most as real, not common, but not a completely ridiculous made up thing as most people view these things in real life. then imagine being a naive young faggot and going off tromping through the woods with your stupid friends trying to find solid evidence of these phenomena, not realising the actual seriousness of such horrors and getting caught up in a literal real life nightmare, scared and emotionally tortured to fuck. then dying.
getting immersed in a story like this is kino as fuck ya fucken loser
having an imagination helps.
even disregarding all that gay shit i said above, real life is full of danger and the unkown let alone paranormal shit.
possibly your a sheltered faggot whos never been in any real danger or had his pulse rise above a resting pace. either way. blair witch is dope. now KYS

She looks so happy that she crippled the kid, absolutely based child abuser

Mothman is literally one of the worst horror movies ever. The real life events it's based on is kind of dumb, too.

This man speaks the truth. Shitty movie, retarded "rl events"

>if you can look past all of the shitty LGTBQ stuff that was forced into it in the social context
Nonono, that is not how it works. There's no 'if'. A bunch of people decided to tie their relation to LGBTQ with the babadook. It has absolutely nothing to do with the movie and it should not have any affect on the movie or anyones experience watching it.

Attached: cronenbergian.jpg (1013x1500, 448K)

thats what i meant, its just last time i spoke about it on Yea Forums people talked shit about just because of the LGTQ shit associated with it that had nothing to do with the movie. Sorry if what i wrote was misleading

have sex

surprised no one mentioned lake mungo yet
that was the only horror movie to ever scare me after I hit puberty and I spent a couple of weeks actually contemplating getting jumped by my bloated corpse and even the premonition of such a thing

Ah I see, didn't mean to flip put or anything. It just pisses me off.

they keep acting like the underdog even though they have the full backing of some of the most powerful companies and institutions in the world.

Attached: 9d0ed389-691b-42d4-8b55-b2d6ca0855bf-National-Geographic-covers-1-890x680.jpg (890x680, 113K)

The Ring. Gore Verbinksi knocked it out of the park with that one.

Big fan of Jap horror, personally. Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Pulse (Kairo) is really solid, though it's almost more depressing than it is scary.

It Follows is definitely one of the best in recent memory. Really liked Hereditary. Blair Witch is great if you're into found footage; I watched it recently and was surprised at how well it's held up. Lake Mungo is great, albeit slow. The slow pace kind of makes it more realistic, though, and gives the ending more punch, IMO.

Oh, and then there's pic related. Banshee Chapter. One of my all-time favorites.

Attached: 87b04749-9b94-4412-a284-6f57ad87c48d_1.5d8d16a6ae5fd1a611d66c9a05efdfd7.jpg (450x450, 38K)

I'm a complete pussy when it comes to horror (while I'm typing this I'm looking behind me). How do I man up?

>blair witch
>28 days later

Good taste.

I had Banshee Chapter hyped up for me by my friend and I found it really underwhelming and goofy. The only bit that got me was the radios at the start

>The Mothman Prophecies
my nigga, it's more of a drama, than anything, but upon first watch it's one of the creepiest, on re-visits, one of the comfiest movies ever. it was really ahead of its time in terms of cinematography and sound editing. great OST, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=HrPgDwBa21w

Daaamn chloe moretz looks like THAT?

understand that movies are light and sound waves and ultimately nothing will actually effect you

Martyrs, Goodnight Mommy and Kill List were the only movies to actually get under my skin in the last few years. Even then Kill List falls apart towards the end. The VVitch, Get Out, Starry Eyes, It Follows are all great movies but they don't really deliver on actual fear factor.

But they've got scary noises and gruesome pictures... Hnestly, I'm just afraid of ghosts, demons and stuff. Cosmic/Alien Horror I can stomach since they're "physical". But excorcisms, spirits and the like are ethereal, thus cannot be stopped, and so they scare the crap out of me.

TRUE HORROR

>cure yourself of empathy and imagination

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.32.12 PM.png (206x260, 79K)

Autopsy of jane doe
The void

Under The Skin
The Skin I Live In
Goodnight Mommy
The Neon Demon

based, GM is really underrated even if it's predictable. if you're going go throw up Martyrs i'd also suggest Inside, pretty haunting/disturbing movie even if you aren't a roastie.

Attached: 1291068954661.jpg (800x599, 41K)

Raw
Let the right one in

How is Kill List horror?

How is it not? Did you watch it?

Sure. It's a thriller, not horror.

The Void is pretty good. They mostly used practical effects. youtube.com/watch?v=W2ot6ogGZNc

Attached: 238634R1[1].jpg (2000x3000, 903K)

i just watched banshees chapter and what a CROCK OF SHIT thanks for that reccomendation you JEW

Attached: 1514490418730.png (1200x805, 475K)

I was looking through the archive for a list I made of my favorite horror movies from the 00s and I saw that someone literally copy pasted it into another thread like an hour after I posted it
for what pvrpose

Based Banshee Chapter user
The film isn't even that great but for some reason I've seen it like 5 or 6 times and love it. It's fantastic.

Fuck,really?just downloaded.