GODZILLA KOTM

2 weeks away and not a single thread for the big boi

Is there any hype for this? Will it even crack $60 mil on release?

Attached: boxofficenigger.jpg (753x1061, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SablNkX4zK8
youtube.com/watch?v=-8-mXOuf1_0
youtube.com/watch?v=LONnT16SakA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>YAAAAAY BIG MONSTER BOOM ZAP KABOOOM!!!!!

capeshit, but it's even more autistic

Attached: 1514828909183.png (647x740, 14K)

OK ANYONE ELSE THAT ISN'T A FUCKING NIGGER

The only Godzilla films I remember watching were Shin Godzilla and the animated one on Netflix or whatever. I liked them both. This is gonna be shit tho

Relax OP, we had this giant thread like 2 days ago.

Reminder that kong gonna whoop some lizard ass next year

Attached: 1398915071629.webm (1280x544, 1.27M)

Shin Kinozilla is the best besides the very original. King of the Mongoloids is going to be even worse than 2014's Breaking Badzilla

Attached: king_kong_vs_godzilla_ii_by_ldn_rdnt-d7b8xen.jpg (910x1287, 270K)

Joe Rodan

Attached: joe rodan.jpg (790x572, 58K)

Itll be kino.

Avoiding any hype.

Help me pls, I can't stop listening to this track
youtube.com/watch?v=SablNkX4zK8

This is why you have no friends, user.

each new trailer has made it look worse

Just rewatched Kong, pure fun. I'm ready for more monstershit

Attached: 1398914595329.webm (1280x544, 2.93M)

LADS!
13 MORE DAYS!
(At this point I’m done with the hype I’m ready to watch this glorious movie)

Attached: 4BF6C901-A8F7-454B-8B54-7096DFE93116.gif (476x200, 1.66M)

This.

I feel like if I dont see this in IMAX then I'll regret it.

Attached: KinoOfMonsters.jpg (1168x1022, 311K)

Why girl not boy main character?

Yes because I'm going to see it 60 million times

This.

Attached: imax.png (949x1095, 212K)

>IMAX 2D
Fug
>Tfw here in Tacoland the 3D will get forced down my throat

Since there's no true IMAX near me, I settled for Dolby Cinema's Marcus Theater UltraScreenXD theater. Jesus that feels like a meme to spell out but goddammit i want my eyeballs to be stuffed with as much kaijukino as I possibly can.

Attached: 1557519569279.jpg (1386x2047, 308K)

HUGE MISTAKE NOT RELEASING IN IMAX 3D

3D IS A MASSIVE VALUE ADD TO THE THEATER EXPERIENCE
AND IMAX IS THE TOP THEATER EXPERIENCE

HERE THE ONLY 3D SHOWINGS ARE REALD 3D, WHICH ARE BABBYSCREENS COMPARED TO IMAX

IN THE EARLY DAYS POST CONVERSION 3D WAS BAD BUT ITS QUITE GOOD NOW, THEY COULD HAVE EASILY RELEASED IN IMAX 3D EVEN IF IT WAS ONLY SHOT IN 2D

ITS LITERALLY A WHOLE EXTRA DIMENSION
SAW ALITA IN 2D AFTER IMAX 3D AND IT WAS STRIKINGLY SHIT, THE BIG SETPIECES WERE JUST FLAT AND DEAD

GODZILLA COULD BE THAT MUCH BETTER IN 3D, THE MOVIE IS PURE SPECTACLE AND SHOULD OBVIOUSLY BE 3D
STUPID AND/OR CHEAP FUCKS YES I MAD

Attached: 5844479480_ed1b84efc7.jpg (500x341, 34K)

Yall are idiots. None of the full trailers looked bad in anyway.
The TV spots had 1 or 2 cringy lines but that is about it.

There isn't a single thing about any of the footage we have seen that could cause any genuine concerns. The film looks fantastic.

ALL THE TRAILERS ARE HORRIBLE

BUT YOU CAN TELL FROM THEM THAT THERES A SHIT TON OF BATTLES WITH ALMOST ALL THE GODZILLA MONSTERS

THE NO PEOPLE CUT IS GONNA BE BASED

All of the dialogue in the trailers has been cringy failed attempts at Marvel-style quipping, or Millie screaming multiple times. I mean, I think the movie is going to be alright based on everything I've seen and read, but people who just casually watch trailers and aren't easily impressed by CGI spectacle are a harder sell.

>people who just casually watch trailers and aren't easily impressed by CGI spectacle are a harder sell
All 5 of them.

Rewatching this now. It's way better than I remembered and is actually full of kino shots.

Attached: kong poster.jpg (900x1200, 640K)

ONE OF THE BEST IMAX 3D MOVIES OF ITS YEAR

SKULL ISLAND WAS RELEASED IMAX 3D, AND IT JUST HAD KONG VS A COUPLE RANDOM SKRUBS

THIS NEW MOVIE IS LITERALLY GODZILLAVERSE BATTLE ROYALE, YET 2D-ONLY

WHAT THEFUCK ARE YOU DOING WB
GET IT TOGETHER YOU DIPSHITS

Attached: 1557555349028.jpg (750x750, 46K)

>Monarch Designation: Godzilla
>Classification: Titanus Gojira
>Nature: Bio-Atomic
>Height: 393ft
>Range: Worldwide

>Now grown to almost 400-feet tall, Godzilla stands as king of all he surveys. Initially thought to be a threat, we now understand his potential to become our world’s ultimate guardian, a towering apex predator emerging from the mysterious depths of the ocean to battle aggressors that threaten the balance of nature.

>The creature designated Titanus Gojira draws its immense power from a bio-nuclear circulatory system that activates when threatened, triggering a neutron flux that travels up its shard-like backspines to nucleosynthetic throat chambers where it explodes into a directed wave of atomic breath. Through this remarkable process, Godzilla’s roar itself becomes nature’s most devastating weapon.

Attached: Mural_Godzilla.jpg (946x610, 181K)

It's sad this is gonna bomb but at least we get 1 kino movie regardless

>The Monarch facility designated ‘Castle Bravo’ was built specifically as a flagship underwater observation base by Monarch to study Godzilla in his natural habitat. Our findings so far have been hard earned but revelatory. Sub-aquatic audio captures suggest the creature utilizes a range of communication frequencies more complex than anything we had imagined. When not enraged into action, the creature is slow, graceful, inquisitive even.

Attached: Sketch_1_Godzilla.jpg (1010x571, 181K)

>His size and radioactive signature make him easy to monitor, with scans showing him traveling through various oceanic channels on routine patrol routes propelled by his massive tail. There are sporadic gaps where his signature disappears from tracking logs, and analytics is working closely with our mythography team to determine the cause. Dr. Brooks’ ‘Hollow Earth’ theory is gaining more traction because of this finding and is currently leading the on-going investigation. It is possible that the epicenter of these sightings is proximal to a previously undiscovered vile vortex.

Attached: Sketch_2_Godzilla.jpg (1010x629, 148K)

>Monarch Designation: Monster Zero
>Classification: UNKNOWN
>Nature: Bio-Electrical
>Body Height: 521ft
>Wingspan: UNKNOWN
>Range: UNKNOWN

>From the Hydra to the Rainbow Serpent, myth was the compass that led us to the resting place of the three-headed Titan. A name, unspoken through millennia of whispered nightmares. A living extinction event, named “the one who is many”. We call it Monster Zero.

>At a Monarch containment facility deep in the frozen tundra of Antarctica, a three-headed winged serpent of ancient yet unknown origin lies frozen within a glacial tomb of ice. This is without question the largest superspecies ever discovered, easily dwarfing Godzilla at a height of over five-hundred feet tall.

Attached: GZ2_CreatureCaseFile_071718_JT_01_Sketch_Ghidorah.jpg (1010x607, 1008K)

>Cranial scans reveal a divergent frontal lobe density in the brains of the three heads, denoting each head has disparate levels of cognitive functions, and possibly even independent thought.

>Monster Zero’s dermal layer is gilded with trace amounts of aurum (See Ark Record # 73.126). Metallurgical studies theorize the scales act as a conductor capable of carrying bioelectrical currents through the creature’s body. Injuries have been discovered on several locations on the beast’s body, reminiscent of claw and scorch marks. Exo-Forensics are currently investigating.

Attached: GZ2_CreatureCaseFile_071718_JT_01_DigitalScan_MonsterZero.jpg (1010x544, 745K)

>Muscle tendons on the wings are so hyper-tensile that their massive aerodynamics could generate hurricane-force winds when in flight. Coupled with its body’s electro-receptor molecular biology capable of conducting electrical currents, water vapor in the air would be heated at extreme levels creating its own localized storm system as it travels. Simply put, if Monster Zero were to fly again, the stratosphere would be torn open by an otherworldly tempest of thunder and lightning our sky has never seen. Cryptolinguistics has analyzed translations of every worldwide case study of Monster Zero in the Monarch database across tens of thousands of years. The ancients called it Ghidorah.

Attached: GZ2_CreatureCaseFile_071718_JT_01_Satellite_GhidorahStormTracking.jpg (1010x1010, 1.32M)

WHY IS GODZILLA SO FAT? HOLY SHIT

Attached: Godzilla.jpg (2400x1800, 760K)

>Monarch Designation: Mothra
>Classification: Titanus Mosura
>Nature: Unknown
>Body Height: 52ft
>Wingspan: 803ft
>Range: UNKNOWN

>From erased Nazca lines to the hidden Temple of the Moth, the name “Mothra” is woven throughout the most secret mythologies of our planet. The folklore and fairy tales tell of a winged creature of blinding light, an angel of the clouds whose god-like luminescence has the power to shatter the sky.

Attached: GZ2_CreatureCaseFile_071718_JT_01_Sketch_Mothra.jpg (1010x606, 958K)

BURGERZILLA

STRONGFAT THOUGH

>BIGASS MONSTER FIGHTS ON AN IMAX SCREEN THE SIZE OF A BUILDING
MAY 30TH WHEN

>Ancient spirit tablets discovered in the mountain jungles of the Yunnan Province portray a giant winged alpha of the Lepidoptera order. In all of our findings, human civilization is pictographically shown in poses that imply deification of the so-called “Queen of the Monsters”, suggesting the creature was once a benign part of the natural order.

>When Monarch containment crews discovered the live Titan chrysalis within the Chinese myth site, Dr. Emma Russell was quickly dispatched to closely monitor the creature that lay dormant within it. A quickening sonar pulse suggests the creature is awakening. If she ever emerges from her ancient slumber, a superspecies that once illuminated the sky will be reborn as Mothra.

Attached: GZ2_CreatureCaseFile_071718_JT_01_DigitalScan_Mosura.jpg (1010x685, 820K)

>Pupal DNA samples suggest a remarkable, multi-stage evolution. On reaching adulthood, Mothra’s gigantic thorax is capable of emitting beta-wave bioluminescence which can be projected through the intricate patterns on its wings and weaponized into blinding ‘god rays’.

>As one of the deadliest and most beautiful natural phenomena in Earth’s history, no wonder this devastating guardian angel was worshipped as a goddess by the ancient human civilizations blessed to witness her.

Attached: GZ2_CreatureCaseFile_071718_JT_01_Satellite_Photo1.jpg (1010x716, 739K)

>Monarch Designation: Rodan
>Classification: Titanus Rodan
>Nature: Bio-Volcanic
>Body Height: 154ft
>Wingspan: 871ft
>Behavior: Destroyer
>Range: Worldwide

Attached: GZ2_CreatureCaseFile_071718_JT_01_Sketch_Rodan.jpg (1010x606, 946K)

>Within a Monarch containment facility atop the active Isla de Mona volcano, a mysterious Titan lies in pyrostasis within the restless magma. The legends speak of it as the “Fire Demon” or “The One Born of Fire”, but a simpler name echoes through the ancient temples of volcanically active regions: “Rodan”.

>A volcanic internal combustion system of magma flows throughout a body covered in rock-like scales that act as geothermal armor. While much larger in size, Rodan has a skeletal structure similar to that of a Pteranodon - one of the earliest vertebrates known to have developed the power of flight. Just as Kong is king of the primates, Rodan may have once been king of the skies.

Attached: GZ2_CreatureCaseFile_071718_JT_01_DigitalScan_Rodan.jpg (1010x541, 728K)

>Titanus Mosura
TOPKEK

Attached: ret zem fite.gif (495x464, 1.49M)

KINO KINO KINO

>Rodan’s wings are wrapped around its body in stasis, but our cryptos estimate a wingspan big enough to create a sonic thunderclap capable of leveling entire cities as it flies overhead. RF-Capture scans reveal that Rodan’s skin is not made of rock, but does have an outer dermis of sharp volcanic sediment collected from centuries of dormancy. Sci-ops theorizes the vulcanized appearance of its skin may be an evolutionary trait developed as a form of camouflage against mountain or large rock formations. Truly, a Titan forged in fire.

Attached: GZ2_CreatureCaseFile_071718_JT_01_Satellite_RodanVolcanoTracking.jpg (1010x1010, 1.94M)

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: outpost_ghidorah.jpg (925x368, 120K)

*SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ONK

Attached: outpost_mosura.jpg (925x368, 127K)

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: outpost_rodan.jpg (925x368, 99K)

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa raaaa

youtube.com/watch?v=-8-mXOuf1_0

*LOOP DE LOOPS UR PATH*

BASED GAMERA DOESNT SEEM TO BE IN THIS ONE

HE'S THE FINAL BOSS IN THE LAST MOVIE

Attached: 1393395954992.gif (317x238, 989K)

>barely any mains posts
I’m skeptical about this thread. Also if your watching this movie for anything other than giant monsters beating the shot out of each other your actually retarded

Attached: A9A975BB-0196-4BB5-B49B-140DC959882F.jpg (1400x1400, 171K)

*kaiju

>ruining the shot with a shitty crop.
Fucking why?

I saved the wrong picture and I’m retarded. Forgive me

Honest mistake, I forgive you.

Based

Attached: 431F1B59-E090-495F-91F5-988D4895FA09.jpg (2700x4200, 822K)

Looks good.

I honestly thought that Endgame wiped out wallets and people won't go see anything else after it, but both John Wick 3 and Detective Pikachu showings I went to were packed. I guess there is space left alongside capeshit after all. Hope Godzilla does well also.

I hope it does well, I'd like another cinematic universe that isn't capeshit or Harry "flick a stick and say stupid shit" Potter.

I'm also going to an Ultra Screen XL (with DREAM LOUNGERS!) showing.
IMAX theaters are nonexistant around me.

And one that doesn't have a movie every fucking year and will still feel like a special event.
If Toho makes lower budget flicks in between big budget Legendary productions, it will be the best timeline.

and why it's gonna bomb ?

>muh box office tracking from few weeks ago
That's literally the only reason for this shitposting.

Toho might take back the license after GvK, but hopefully they love the movie and it rakes in BIG BUCKS so Legendary can make more Godzilla.

I really hope they wrestle the Gamera license from whatever studio has it so we can get Godzilla vs. Gamera next

ギャァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァン!!!!!!

Attached: 37333030393939302e676966.gif (800x338, 1.98M)

I can't help but think there will be like 2 or 3 great monster sequences and the rest is pure bore.

Probably... and eleven screaming

I watched Godzilla VS Mecha-Godzilla and Terror of Mecha-Godzilla tonight. Both were pretty solid, though I was particularly entertained by the former and the fact that they somehow rolled a Bond-esque human plot in the middle of great monster action featuring one of Goji's most consistently deadly threats. I'm gonna miss the Showa era.

Attached: mekagoji.jpg (1536x2316, 358K)

KINO

>dominance display
youtube.com/watch?v=LONnT16SakA

>ancient guardian of the natural world
based and redpilled

I hate the designation of "titan" because it doesn't mean anything in this context and them all sharing the genus "titanus" doesn't make any fucking sense either. Goddamn, what was wrong with just calling them "kaiju"?

Guaranteed flop

Putting so close to Avengers Endgame was a big mistake.

No one wants to go to the movies because they are tired after watching Endgame fifty times. And the ones actually going to the theaters are just gonna see Endgame for the hundredth time.

Not to mention that Endgame has stolen all the hype.

They should have moved.

Me and my older brother are hyped.

More like this month in general is too jampacked with anticipated releases.
Endgame right before the month starts, Detective Pikachu 2 weeks later, then John Wick 3, then Godzilla? Not to mention other releases that are getting buzz like Brightburn and Aladdin. Tough