Will this show or anything like it ever come back?

Will this show or anything like it ever come back?

Attached: ath.jpg (630x630, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kroEiX5tkE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Why not?

Because it was a product of its time and environment. A situation that birthed ATHF, Space Ghost, Sealab, and Harvey Birdman will never be replicated (Caltech grads from the late 90s hired to work in the hannah barbara Turner studios, forming their production company and using old forgotten shows as a base for new adult entertainment)

we gotta face the truth: we were there for the golden age of adult animation and we're never gonna see anything like it again in our lifetimes.

Rick & Morty

Kys

Well at least we got to expereince it, it's just that have a bit of a withdrawal symptom after finishing the last episode of athf

Rick & Morty was always just a shitty soap opera with occasional lol so random moments, ATHF genuinely had a method to the madness.

yes, if we use violence to defend our culture

not really what happened

cuck

Most AS cartoons don't have the same low budget improv feel that the network used to have and I kind of miss it

yes, but not for years.

Yes that's really what happened, Turner hired all these animators straight outta college and they formed Williams Street productions, got their own building and started using old forgotten Hannah Barbara properties as a basis for the original adult swim line up. That's where Space Ghost, Moltar, sealab came from

Squidbillies is still on

I found both seasons of Sealab 2021 at a thrift the other day and I'm kinda impressed about how well it holds up.

At least we have venture bros. But no the slapdash social commentary style will never come back.

>yes, if we use violence to defend our culture
i hope i die a heroic death defending the mc pee pants episode from being erased out of existence by an SJW Problematic Material Disposal Squad.

There is a difference between "random" and "non sequitur". ATHF was "random" in that storylines were not really connected, but the thread of development was pretty constant. The rise of Family Guy caused writers to rely on non sequitur overmuch, which lead to "lol so randumb". I can't really recall any such moments in ATHF, the plot seemed consistent throughout an episode.

Just out of curiosity, was this in San Antonio, Texas? My house was broken into and among other things they stole my Sealab DVDs and I'm still fucking pissed about it

The Wisdom Cube episode is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I laugh my ass off every time I watch it.

>San Mexico
I wonder who did it.

Attached: 1412801974398.jpg (616x462, 28K)

Naw this was bumfuck Idaho.

Also found a copy of Blue Sub No. 6 so it's gotta be someone my age.

athf is king forever

Believe it or not it was a white guy, I have the video that I turned over to the police

Nice. Blue Sub number 6 is awesome

Rick and Morty is literally non-stop Freudian psychological infiltration devices.
it's all bright colors and pop culture references, it simply rakes your brain.

They establish a platform for their bias training by cueing a receptive state of mind for the viewers using pop culture references to synchronize their thoughts and emotions (everyone subconsciously tries to adopt an opinion about things that conforms, even things they hardly know about).

They bombard you many times like this, then they bring up a question and suggest and answer.
This depends on the plot of the episode and whatever agenda they're trying to push through it.

Their goal is to overstimulate you as much as possible so they can run you through these question and answer moral/bias programming sessions.

Basically any time there is a moral quandary or any plot situation dealing with a real-life controversy they will be using these techniques to try to subconsciously influence people's decision making processes.

TL;DR the financial crash of 2008 caused the absolute consolidation of the media and everything they make is algorithmically generated shit designed to brainwash you and it's all pure shit.

>white guy
Probably named Jose de la Rosa de Santa Anna. You can't trust skin color no more, dude.

probably a higher hope than anything else you have going on

yeah just let them destroy everything and ignore every sign telling us where this is leading

tonight... you

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

not true

youtube.com/watch?v=kroEiX5tkE0

Bump

season 1-5 has nothing but shake gold when it comes to one liners.