Is Netflix going to die? They're losing fucking everything. I can't imagine them surviving on their originals anymore...

Is Netflix going to die? They're losing fucking everything. I can't imagine them surviving on their originals anymore. Everyone and their mother doing their own stupid streaming service is going to kill streaming because nobody wants so many fucking subscriptions. I'm lucky I have Amazon which happens to have a lot of the good shows that Netflix lost, like House and Monk, but how long will that last I wonder?

Attached: cw.jpg (825x614, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/triple-frontier-planet-netflix-viewing-numbers-released-1202388
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_WarnerMedia
frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.01594/full
youtube.com/watch?v=pHfxXHDWrMU
southpark.cc.com/full-episodes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope so. Shit would be mint.

What the fuck would be "mint" about that? I was enjoying having all of my favorite shows in one easily accessible place. This is ruining everything. Netflix was the perfect replacement for watching TV which was going to shit and now this happens.

Streaming is dead, people are going to have to pony up $100 a month and sign up to over a half dozen services. And all the streaming originals are complete trash.

wtf this sucks! it was cool to have the season out 1 week after the finale

Buy a DVD box set of your show used for $10 you creepy own-nothing zoomer incel.

>Netflix
>Hulu
>Amazon
>Disney+
>Crunchyroll/Virv
>CW
>CBS All Access

Ah yes, the future. Where you need to pay for 15 streaming services to watch 5 things

The same thing happened with television back in the day. The solution was the cable bundle, which is now so ubiquitous that it’s literally just called “TV.” There will be a few years of streaming competition madness before providers start bundling their content together. We’ll end up with a service that’s extraordinarily familiar to that of cable television, with the newfound ability to simply stream whatever you want on-demand. Streaming was never that revolutionary- the only lasting impact will be the ability to watch what you want when you want to watch it.

Don't forget your 8$ starz package

Fuck that, DVDs don't come in HD. Streaming does.

Why would you need to pay for Crunchyroll? Anime is so easy to download and apparently ISPs don't give a fuck.

tbf though hulu, disney+ and cbs all acess are only $6 per month i only pay for hulu atm

the problem is none of those streaming sites has anything of value to offer

If you're good at math you'd realize that you can't even tell if something's in HD unless you're sitting less than two screen diagonals from your TV. This is assuming perfect 20/20 vision.

You might think you can tell the difference but you can't, the math proves you wrong. If you'd like to read a book about this I recommend the NHK's book on Hi-Vision Television. I own a copy and have read the whole thing.

WB just needs to get off their arses and make their own streaming service. Harry potter and Friends will be enough to get a bunch of women on board

This is also a blow to the CW

Of course not. They can just throw money at established writers and producers.

They are making one.

>WB just needs to get off their arses and make their own streaming service
They'll probably just add everything to HBO GO eventually.

There actually is already a DC streaming service and WB owns DC so they already made one technically. It's where you watch Titans and Doom Patrol.

Eh original series you own is what is really important. Netflix is churning out a lot of average and forgettable shit that is something to watch between the few really good original series. Every so often they can pay to renew some classics like house for people to marathon.

I'm also not sure the other new players will be able to last long. I have been watching some Amazon original series and the app is just total garbage compared to Netflix - I mean they even do a poor job at making you aware a new original series is out. Only thing I like about the Amazon app is the X-ray thing is kinda cool.

Netflix is not going to die anytime soon, the question is who is going to take the #2 spot.

Some say that if you get woke you go broke. I myself couldn't possibly comment.

Attached: D48GiMnWAAAHqeh.jpg (780x1024, 181K)

Those people would, of course, be wrong.

Attached: 1548314308368.jpg (960x1440, 818K)

Holy shit, what if they did a Harry Potter TV series? I would watch the heck out of that.

Attached: 1557296278534.png (562x387, 380K)

I was streaming videos in the early 1990s at Disney World with an Apple Set Top Box.

and torrenting will explode again

i own a book about retards. youre in it.

I really don't know how anyone expects netflix to make it through the next couple years

they've done fine for a long time because there was no real competition in their niche for the longest time. Then once real competition did start to appear they started and still are borrowing like fucking crazy to try and stay relevant, and they aren't and never will be able to be profitable. Their most watched shows are all old as fuck and belong to other networks that are going to use them for their own services, and 1 out of maybe every 10 netflix originals are worth watching.

Not to mention that most Netflix originals aren't actually made by Netflix, they're just something that Netflix secured the exclusive rights to. It's the same thing as the Epic store but for some reason it doesn't bother people when Netflix does it.

Marvel are exempt from normal rules. They are unstoppable.

We really are.

Man it's so sad that this steaming pile of degenerate propaganda is having hard times. I really loved their show about how teenage men should kill themselves. Evidentally spiked the suicide rate, proving that they touched many lives.

T. Brainlet here. I have a question. What's the best service for old movies. Remember when Netflix was about renting movies of your choice and if the movie wasn't overly obscure or too popular, it would come in the mail? Remember that vast selection that is credited for killing traditional family rental services?

Well, what if I want that selection again? What is my best option?

Attached: Screenshot_20190501-084228.png (1280x720, 794K)

>perfect 20/20 vision
20/20 vision just means average vision. It means you can see at 20 feet what an average person can see at 20 feet.

>cable TV is overpriced with each network demanding extra subscriptions
>piracy rises
>cable TV gets cheaper with bundles
>piracy lowers
>ads become even more obnoxious
>piracy rises
>one monopoly offers low-cost ad-less streaming
>piracy lowers
>now streaming will become overpriced with each network demanding extra subscriptions
GEE FUCKING WHIZZ I WONDER WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Attached: yohoho.jpg (271x186, 9K)

You can still do that. They haven't stopped that service.

Based House Of Cards poster.

NHK are famously retarded in their vision science, if they weren't they wouldn't be pushing 8K. And at the standard distance you can definitely see HD apart, 30 cycles per degree vision is easily to notice even if your vision is not 20/20.

Well with that in mind I'm going to assume that the rest of what he said was complete bullshit.

>Man it's so sad that this steaming pile of degenerate propaganda is having hard times. I really loved their show about how teenage men should kill themselves. Evidentally spiked the suicide rate, proving that they touched many lives.

Attached: 1553780361560.png (398x531, 207K)

I hope the CW crashes and burns by 2021. Stupid execs and their shady greenlighting choices

I'd celebrate. But since it's going to Disney I see no reason. Ultimately while the mouse is shit, Netflix has been nosediving and degrading society at a far faster rate than Disney ever could. So them getting absorbed or killed by Disney is better than letting this rabid beast continue to roam free.

>Is Netflix going to die?
Yes and here's why

>Hollywood Reporter/Morning Consult poll that’s making the rounds right now. According to that poll, which involved 2,201 adults and was conducted from May 2 to 5, 22% said they’d cancel Netflix if Marvel Studios movies were removed from the service. If Star Wars movies were taken off the platform, 20% said they’d cancel their subscriptions. And according to the report, “In a scenario where Friends, The Office and all Marvel Studios and Star Wars films left the service, 32 percent of Americans said they’d cancel Netflix, while 57 percent said they’d keep it and 11 percent had no opinion.”

Yeah, just have Netflix team up with Disney and so now you have them doing it twice as fast. Brilliant idea. Iidot.

plenty of people watch their originals

Attached: you.png (951x466, 844K)

Or Netflix just pays to keep all of those.

You clearly haven't read the book, user. 4k and 8k are mainly for theater presentation and mastering purposes.

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/triple-frontier-planet-netflix-viewing-numbers-released-1202388

Attached: ua.png (859x514, 553K)

All of it or just started it? Before I canceled my subscription, I started several of their originals and dropped all after episode or two.

you dont have to subscribe to shit you dont want incel, no one is forcing you.

Nah I'm sure the Democrat propaganda pieces and race-baiting "documentaries" will supplement their subscription base just fine.

>kikes ruining an entire medium because of their greed.
Is a never ending Cycle with those guys.

They can't be content with just getting their fair share while the public can enjoy a good catalog of tv shows and movies in a single platform.Nop.
FUCK them all.

No they don't, lol, Netflix's bean counters are in a war with their SJW jews right now because the originals are all lefty garbage which nobody is watching.

Shut up faggot

At least the have a good catalog of anime and is not like it wouldn't be good to support the less powerful anime studios.

It's definitely not average. Only 35% of adults have 20/20 or better vision.

Everyone I know who watched that hated that and dropped it before the final episode.

Seriously and genuinely consider suicide you busted up floor tile of a human being.

Of course I haven't, sounds like a ton of horseshit. I've read Wandell's Foundations of Vision and based on the retina, we should be able to see 120 cycles per degree. However, due to a lens with a nonlinear PSF, the max we can see is about 60 cpd. HD viewing at regular distance is 28 cpd max, 4K is 56 cpd max. So absolutely not impossible for humans to see.

what are you talking about disney is already starting pull their content from netflix and nbc is starting its own streaming service next year and NBC boss said they were pretty upset by how much the office has been a hit on netflix they want it back

I don't pay for any of this stuff except for Prime and I don't even watch any of that shit. Fuck I'm based.

I think all of that shit should die only black people watch TV anymore anyway they enjoy the hell out of it.

>Team up
Lol. Sure fag. That's exactly what Disney will do. Why we'll see the first of it when Netflix shares all of ITS Marvel shit with Disney when they launch that streaming service. Hell if things go well, maybe Netflix will be so kind as to let them use the Fox movies they just got the rights for as well.

Just torrent everything until these streamkikes all go bust

>I was enjoying having all of my favorite shows in one easily accessible place.
I do too, it's called a "shelf full of optical media" and it's one of those things zoomers don't have room for in the closets they call home.

They change the name and shorten Netflix to CNNN.

What's the smallest angle the eye can subtend? You're making this much more complicated than it is even accounting for psychovisual effects.

I always wondered if something like this would happen. It might be my imagination, but I feel like the Netflix algorithm has learned to show me less multiculturalism and force fed interracial relationships shit in their originals, since god knows I don't click them when they are advertised like that.

I'm sure they're still appreciating your subscriptions all the same.

Who knows how it's playing out internally, could be you're seeing the chaos theory result of some board decision somewhere.

Streaming services, especially Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon are a black box where we don't really know what's going on inside but we can make observations and inferences.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you're saying what's the smallest area that gets pooled, it's 0.04 visual degree squared but that's only at high luminance. At lower luminance it drops to 0.6.

Not really. Not anymore, at least. They are hemorrhaging money. They bleed out more money than they pull in per year and have been for quite a while. It's madly expensive to keep all those 100s of shows and movies they don't own on their platform.

I forget the exact math and article where I saw this, but someone crunched the numbers and Netflix would either need to drastically increase their sub fee or gain somewhere around 5 billion new subs at their current fee which just isn't doable. I expect Netflex to drastically cut back on the "Netflix Original" content they make or the amount of 3rd party shows/movies they host. Probably both.

Fug, Netflix was the only way to watch them here

they won't

They're already hemorrhaging money and that's even before all this really hits them.

Problem is this doesn't take into account the digital nature of modern media. Take the dead army episode of GoT two episodes back or whatever, most people were complaining that they couldn't even see it. I have a nice plasma TV with the best blacks and contrast ratio of any screen put out so far, except the unobtanium and discontinued laser TVs, and I could tell that they were basically only using the lowest four bits for most of the episode. People with lesser TVs not viewing in complete and total darkness as I was (blackout shades closed, at night) couldn't even see anything.

There are a host of issues at play but the lack of full bandwidth in digital programming hurts the viewing experience tremendously. It's why I prefer Laserdisc, you can actually have a large variation between totally black and not quite black.

Still, even if I assume your numbers are accurate (which book or reference materials are you getting it from?) this just means you can't tell the difference between HD and SD unless you're less than two diagonals away from the screen.

Warner Bros is making a new Streaming service
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_WarnerMedia
if you look just how much they own they could easily compete with Disney even if it costs more

The SJW Obamoney has been cut off and is deeply cutting the mainstream media. He's on the board of Netflix so one can assume they have a lot of crooked lefty drug and pedo and Iran dollars at their disposal.

Is THAT what Zach and Cody look like now?

>this is how a zoomer copes with its lack of scientific knowledge and mathematical skills
Sad!

A good quality OLED has a luminance of 5E-11 nits at black and 800 at white. I've worked with professional grading monitors and they're still looking better but they're not outclassing an OLED. You don't need any better than that.

I get that compression sucks currently but we'll get better data rates with 5G so that will fix that. And if you get HDR movies, the dynamic range is compressed a lot better by using PQ standard.

I'm getting the numbers from a paper I read a while ago, don't remember the exact title and can't be bothered to look it up but I remember it was written by Dingcai Cao in the last few years.

Two diagonals (or 3.2 picture heights, as it's defined in standards like BT.2100) is the recommended viewing distance, you should be sitting at that distance.

Fuck, found the paper:
frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.01594/full

The data is in figure 1 on the bottom. Of course I mixed up the numbers from memory, it should be 0.025 and 0.4.

Oh well, time to start drinking.

>Two diagonals (or 3.2 picture heights, as it's defined in standards like BT.2100) is the recommended viewing distance, you should be sitting at that distance.
Or else you can't see the difference between SD and HD, as I said.

Most home setups are four to ten diagonals.

Idk exactly how you mean old movies, but TCM has a streaming app you log into with cable provider information. Every time they air a film on TV it gets posted to their app for streaming immediately afterwards for like 10-15 days.

I’ve only ever noticed one movie they aired that didn’t get uploaded

Brexit muffin is so beautiful

Stop watching mental flushing

She needs to do right wing ASMR. She'd make a million dollars.

You sound like one of today's mixed up teens. Show some class and buy some DVDs

Attached: Allhopelost - Copy.png (254x288, 217K)

Buy the Blu-Ray then, geez

Not unless they put tiny TVs in huge rooms, it's typically around 4 picture heights. And in the end, that's what recommendation really is, that's how movies are graded and approved. If you fuck up your setup to the point you lose all benefit, you've only got yourself to blame.

I can just imagine the netflix execs in their meetings going "a-at least we have Friends!"

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Streaming Subscriptions Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Download a Torrent Client Like Nigga Sign Up for Usenet Haha

meh, just gona go back to dl shit again.

It's just like when every label had their own shittier iTunes. They all folded within a years time to Apple who then dictated the prices to be reasonable and no drm and this will go the exact same way.

>2020....I am forgotten..

You are retarded cattle. Why pay to watching anything when you can get for free dumbfuck

>wants so many fucking subscriptions.

Just consolidate them into one usenet subscription instead.

What's her name again?

Attached: 1554380481162.webm (600x900, 2.86M)

Buy the Blu Ray or pirate it you dumb fuck you got all this tech and your entitled faggot ass is too busy worrying about the kike who's stealing out your pocket

Just torrent them you stupid zoomer

I don't know why The CW even needs Netflix. They have a free service.

Another retarded cattle here. Move on. You paying or watching stuff when you can get for free. what a dumbfuck retarded cattle

netflix has been shit for a while now. they used to have lots of kino available but they got rid of em in favor of making their own movies and shows which mostly suck ass.

im just gonna keep making trial-months for hbo and watching the wire and the sopranos over and over again.

Netflix was never good you retarded cattle. Always get for free insted of paying you dumbfuck retarded

My setup is hardly fucked, it's much better than most. Plasma is still stunning compared even to OLED, the only problem I have with it is that it eats 1700 watts when it's on, and when it's on it completely blanks out the HF spectrum thus destroying my ability to use my ham radios in that case even though the antennas are at least 60' away from the TV.

I'm open to new display technology but I won't own a "smart" TV or one with a glossy panel, and I'm going to need one with a good comb filter to beat the Faroujda 3D unit built into my TV. And nothing gets close to the million to one contrast ratio of high end plasmas like I have.

The difference is that companies are much bigger now and it's harder for them to die out. This has already been going on for a couple years. These companies won't be the same.

are you retarded or just illiterate?

Just get Amazon Prime.
>$100 a year for fast shipping, Amazon Prime video, prime music, etc

Samefag detected.

it never really was worth the money, but it used to be better

This is weird. Anyone who was wasn’t 13 before say, 2011 doesn't know how popular torrenting used to be

Conglomeration has increased but so has "partnership" so I think the consolidation phase will come very very swiftly. It will be like music though, while the tracks you download might not have DRM they do certainly have watermarks and people who share their media will be punished severely as each file is keyed to the account which downloaded it.

This has been the state of "DRM-less" downloads for well over a decade, Universal has been using this technique since 2005 across all services, they use it now on iTunes, Amazon, Tidal, etc.

nah netflix will be safe. it's the single network services that are gonna end up getting fucked. netflix does have some very big problems tho. they are massively overpaying for content, especially old content. didn't they pay something like $100 million for Friends? i get that it's still popular but why would they shell out that much for such an old show?

The mother of my future children

>i get that it's still popular but why would they shell out that much for such an old show?
It's quite literally the third most popular show on their service.

Dude, I literally just told you OLEDs can have a 1E14:1 contrast, that's 100 trillion to one contrast.

Put an OLED in a 5 nit surround and it will look like there's a dark hole in your wall when it's black.

It was definitely worth the money when I first signed up. It was under $10 iirc and the content was better.
There’s a reason everyone loved Netflix. People used to see it as this forward thinking startup that was saving us from greedy networks, who have always been vilified.
People loved Netflix so much that redditors were calling House of Cards the greatest show of all time after only 13 episodes. And then there was the whole period between them announcing Arrested Development Season 4 and everyone realizing it sucked.

Friends and The Office are the most popularly streamed shows on Netflix in terms of hours streamed at least.
It’s zoomers doing exactly what we did with Seinfeld and anything that happened to be on TBS for 4 hour blocks ten years ago. Just leaving something familiar on in the background while you did homework, texted, played games or whatever.

from yurop so i dont think we got as much content for our money

The way this works is Netflix autoplays their new shows after everything so that if you're fucking or fell asleep and your Netflix is still playing it plays the new show and inflates their numbers.

Sounds good but I don't like 'em. I've viewed high quality OLEDS and something's nasty about them.

If you ever tear me away from my plasma TV it'll be a miracle and you'll need great source material to do it with.

It still is though, just dumb first worlders are scared of their ISPs and (((copyright laws)))or just can't find easily accessible websites to do so.
t. third world immigrant living in first world country and torrenting up to 60gigs of vidyia and movies per month for over 10 years

Attached: 1550425442577.jpg (640x417, 30K)

You can buy DVD sets for those series for less than $20 each along with most other shit out there. I just got a DVD set of GoT season 3 for $9 shipping included.

That actually sucks because I have a suitably degenerate Occult show my agent wants to offer to Netflix. I’m worried about it, will everything be going ultra PC with Disney gobbling up everything?

>modern brown and yellow zoomers are ripping movies which nobody cares about from the worst slump era in cinematic history
jesus user they might have fast connections but finding anything worth watching that isn't extremely popular is nearly impossible

Tell us more about it.

The math also says I can't see more than 30fps, but going from 120 to 30 looks like a stuttery fucking mess.

Netflix's plan was always to move to 100% original programming. They weren't going to pay licenses forever.

Pirate everything and if you like it or want to support the show, buy the dvd/blu ray
Simple really. Fuck you streaming zoomers, my blu ray collection will NEVER be removed from my own service, ie: my home player

Attached: 8D80F2F2-AEFC-4388-8212-7520721FD5CD.png (561x561, 328K)

>mfw russian
>we're civilized enough to have international movies, vidyia and music from all eras on our torrent sites
>a lot of it is translated in english even
>this has been the case for 20 years already
You're missing out.

Attached: 1557489286898.jpg (410x452, 22K)

Their lefty trash indoctrination shows are more important than their potential profit making to the board. Obama's on the board for cryin' out loud, I think Michelle is too.

They will keep getting more cash infusions and angel dollars to keep the lights on and to keep the lefty commie trannie shows rolling as they sink the company deeper into debt. It has mindshare which is more important in the great game than profits.

would be kino

I think it's time for me to learn how to torrent. Teach me /tv

I like Hedgehog In The Fog a lot user. I want to see the dude's next movie which I hear there is a rough cut of but I want to see it finished.

Enjoy having to get up from your couch to put the next DVD in while I sit in my chair and continue watching Netflix.

Harry Potter has always been shit.

It's impossible to support a modern studio. Buy your shit used and cut them out of the profits until they learn and stop it with the trash and garbage.

I honestly hope you're just being glib, user. Most people don't find it a chore to get up every couple of hours to do five seconds of "work" which wouldn't even tax RBG's corpse.

It's more likely that GRRM will finish his books before that happens.

It’s about the Devil trying to send the Anti-Christ to Earth. Lots of sex, some violence, adult themes, things to make people think about religion although I’m not crass and mocking about it. That’s all I can say atm.

WRONG

Blu-Rays have a revoke list which is automatically updated every time you insert a Blu-Ray or if you have a "smart" Internet-capable player hooked to the Internet.. While they haven't done it yet, in theory when properties change hands or a whim or fancy strikes a studio, they can simply revoke any Blu-Ray and unless you're careful to never play a pressing newer than the one previous to the revoke list update that includes your title, it won't play.

In theory you could buy a new player every few months and only play Blu-Rays pressed before the manufacture date to ensure your revoke list is never updated but it seems like it'd be a hassle. But cap this, I will meet you on longbets and bet you that in the next decade legitimately licensed and purchased Blu-Rays will be revoked some time after they are made. DVDs do not have this problem and are the last home video format without individual account-identifying watermarks or revoke lists and other DRM (they are encrypted but it's not DRM-keyed).

Watch for this.

Netflix won't die but I'm pretty sure streaming will die in stone fashion cause now it's become cable again even those it was trying to do away with it. Until someone makes an all in one platform this will get worse

>Just torrent everything
you don't need the rest

kek it's just him and his wife and daughter and her husband working on it isn't it?

even if the older folks die before it's done I will keep up hope

Amazon has The Wire & Sopranos, thats all you really need

Oh, that's Lucifer. They already have that.

Based physical media boomer
Fuck streaming, and fuck zoomers who moan about “muh space” only to fill shelves up with funkopops and anime figurines

>paying for streaming
Do Americans really do this?

Attached: 1537690386609.png (2518x1024, 394K)

>connecting a blu ray player to the internet
For what actual purpose?

>mfw spending all afternoon downloading a 340kb .exe on original napster thinking it was an invader zim episode

>mfw I have no face

Attached: pirating in the 90's.gif (253x251, 1.17M)

Lucifer is 90’s style cheese, this is way darker and has a 70’s grit to it, it’s more like a horror. My agent thought it would sell anyway, but if it doesn’t he’s got other options.

People do it with all kinds of crap these days, light bulbs, speakers, doorbells...

But you're missing the point, the revoke list is checked and updated if necessary every single time a disc is inserted into every Blu-Ray player. It doesn't matter if you have it hooked to the Internet, if you put in that new Avengers movie it has the potential (note they haven't done it YET but I will bet they WILL) of invalidating other Blu-Rays in your library, on that player.

It's insidious like a virus, if eBay sellers test their players with a new disc even the oldest Blu-Ray players will be updated with a new copy of the latest (for the discs inserted) revoke list. It's already been done to thousands of illegal pirated movies, you can find the revoke list online or at least I did a few years ago when I learned about this.

Next you'll say
>you can't see more than 30fps

Attached: Yes - Roundabout.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

private trackers still have hard to find shit.

>thinks I don't know my Shannon

I'd rather spend $4 and a week lurking eBay for a DVD or Laserdisc than deal with the idiots running those things. Piracy needs to be fun, it shouldn't be a chore.

Yeah, we are back to pirating pretty much, simply because of convenience. Music streaming has worked because you can literally find everything in a single place, regardless of which app you use.

So it's more like American Gods then? I guess Netflix would be into that since they don't have the rights to it.

see
pirating is harder than ever and no fun at all with the nannies and ratios

bluray already died before it ever even got off the ground.

>his player and / or tv doesn't do proper 3:2 pulldown
can't help ya kid, you need dat reference grade player magic

You can buy the complete DVD sets of both series for less than $20 each (1/3rd of a THC vape cartridge for the Cali anons) and play them even if the Internet goes out.

Laserdisc won the format wars and people will start to realize it as time goes on. You think shit's gone mad with zoomers buying up VHS? Wait until a popular retro "90's kid" born Christmas '99 starts discovering the format.

Even if you get them for $10 a piece (which is cheap) $90 is still a lot to pay for The Office. At least with Netflix you know that if it gets boring after 3-4 run throughs you can move onto something else.

I have all of Seinfeld on DVD but if I wanted to watch it, i’d probably go to Hulu rather than drag them out. It also enables me to just watch it on my iPad.

I bought a lot of DVDs before Netflix and they were always over priced and a huge pain in the ass when you start to have stacks of them. I’d sooner torrent than buy them again. Or at least buy digital download.

>You can buy the complete DVD sets of both series for less than $20 each (1/3rd of a THC vape cartridge for the Cali anons) and play them even if the Internet goes out.
That pays for about 4 months of Hulu, which is a part of the problem.

Still waiting for a Sports streaming service which will annihilate everything if it happens.

You can buy the whole series for $20 on eBay. I bought all of Seinfeld for $12 recently shipping included (Media Mail) on DVD.

It's not a problem, Hulu giveth and Hulu taketh away. It's a choice.

They had too
No one renews their contact in lieu of starting their own service

>implying they won't wrench more money out of sportscucks than season tickets cost eventually
crack addicts will do anything for that next fix

Prime Video actually has sports streaming but I haven't really looked into it because I don't care about sports.

Also, doesn't ESPN have ESPN GO or something?

Nah streaming isn't gonna die. What will happen is that some of those will fail when they can't get enough which will lead to them dying or be forced to have their shows distributed in the streams that are flourishing.

So it would just be like it is now but with a different company/studio as the face.

Attached: 1532407070952.png (565x541, 157K)

Lol they lose Friends next year after spending 100 mil

>It's not a problem, Hulu giveth and Hulu taketh away. It's a choice.
I was referring to the ownership aspect of it, which sucks.

SEYANA

neither does Netflix

>be zoomer
>jump in your uber and get your amazon original fix on the way to the san fransisco communal living space for only $1800 a month plus tip
>tip uber driver and switch to hulu for big bang finale
>communally watch in communal living hot bunks and bean bags all of own phones or tablets (occasional macbooks too) while sharing group experience
>after it's over retire to laying on floor, bean bags, or in bunks as you rent level and progressive stack rankings dictate
>everybody switches to Disney+ if female, or Crunchyroll if male or trans
>as the lights dim 30% to simulate night but discourage unwanted sexual advances in the interest of women's safety the zoomers drift off, their Airpods playing relaxing music from Spotify while blocking outside noises with active noise cancellation technology

Attached: 1556759892579.jpg (767x404, 30K)

Why's it suck user, no space in the foot locker at the base of your bed in your Zoomer apartment-closet?

Not gonna lie, this sounds comfy. And since I'll get $2000 a month from President Yang it'll practically be free.

what happens when you spend 100m on one fucking show

Wayne Lambright's up to ten thousand bucks a month. Get with the program.

That guy sounds like a troll trying to discredit based Andy Yang. Not interested.

>and not 1 commercial to profit off it
What morons

Attached: 1549597103002.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

Obama has Soros bail you out. Or so it seems...

What happens? What happens is you still haven't spent as much as Amazon has spent on LotR.

He will harness free electricity too, from the earth's own magnetic field. You should look into his platform.

amazon doesn't have shit either

This proves you wrong:
youtube.com/watch?v=pHfxXHDWrMU

No it’s not like that either, I don’t like the idea of taking gods and demons and making them cool and Americanized. Lucifer is a side character and he’s actually scary but to some maybe sympathetic. It’s got a vibe of Poppy Z Brite’s Exquisite Corpse, The Exorcist, Suspiria, and some Nevada Gothic.

The Hobbit was so bad that no self respecting Tolkien fan will see the Amazon bullshit and zoomers are being trained in on Harry Potter and Hunger Games, Tolkien isn't even a thing with them.

Ironically this is what will save the Tolkien legacy, the Jackson movies and the animated renditions are relatively untainted and beautifully done, which is all a Tolkien fan can ask for. At the same time zoomers don't care either way because they literally don't read books and don't care about things like authenticity to a literary legacy. It's why cinema and even TV have been ruined and subjugated to committee and test-audience driven remakes. That and the desire to keep a licence before it expires so you can make another better remake later if you want.

My man, are you adapting Shin Megami Tensei into a live action TV series?

>b-but i have to pay more now
the zoomer's finger trap

Committees and test audiences are truly depressing developments for film.

We have something like that called the internet.

>imagine caring about CW Shows

It's not just film, when I was in high school in the 1990s I was at the mall one day and a nice lady asked me if I'd do a product survey. It was for mosquito repellent. I told her I was allergic to DEET and was kept in a different room with a two way mirror while she and some guy took notes as the boomers sprayed themselves down.

We're pretty far down the rabbit hole by now, these days.

Hah, no. But I wouldn’t fuck it up if I was. Deathnote is a lesson to all. Maybe later.

Netflix was founded by a family member of Edward Bernays wasn't it? It wont go anywhere.

Yeah I don’t think anyone under 20 cares about Tolkien. Whatever The Hobbit movies did at the box office, it didn’t resonate at all.

It doesn't matter if they make money, user, the benefit is the constant propaganda. Netflix will be free and ad-supported for those who can not pay. Remember you have a RIGHT to television.

This is Edison Carter signing off.

Box office numbers are extremely fake, look at the profit for the project. It's amazing that corporate shills tout box office figures when it's sustained home sales which make and or break a picture.

Well if it results in more kino like Knock Down The House I'm all for it.

>ota antenna
>streaming box that runs kodi
>$35/mo for internet

feelsgoodman

Attached: 4.jpg (409x367, 12K)

I stick with netflix because it's cheap and I don't watch garbage network tv shows that last for 9 seasons and repeat the same shtick over and over like house and monk

I refuse to give hulu money out of principle. Fuck them for taking down the south park episodes online.
Seeing ads even when you pay not to is just the dingleberry on top of the shitcake. It's the corruption of cable all over again.

Just came here to tell you to kill yourself

I wish cable was popular again - the lack of choice in what was on made it far easier to watch something. Now that everything is available whenever, I never put anything on.

Yeah I'm sure we're going to see sudden huge mainstream appeal for giant ass players necessary to play laserdisc and people will simply love buying discs that end up not working properly anymore due to things like laser rot.

Pirate shit you stupid nigger.

Disney controls hulu.

there is disney,warner/universal, and viacom
then sony for movies, and that about it.
everyone else is chump change, I am looking at you comcast/nbc

>Soros gains a huge stake in Netflix
>Obama and his wife are hired by Netflix
You couldn't even make this shit up. Truth is stranger than fiction.
Then again, maybe it was kickback for the 2015 net """neutrality""" bill.

Hulu has better content than Netflix, at least for me. But there ads are so much worse than 190 second breaks on TV.
I was watching the last 2 seasons of Community recently, and I guess whenever I watched it last I must have been skipping the close of each episode, they usually do scenes during the credits.
I would watch, have to sit through an ad break before the credits and again before the next episode. Then after the ad break I would be allowed to rewind to the beginning since it picked up at my old spot. Then watch an ad break again before it began at the start. There was no, “play from beginning” option. I was being forced the watch ad breaks I skipped upwards of 14 months ago.

what do you mean southpark.cc.com/full-episodes

Hulu is shady as fuck. they sign you up for live tv without your permission and when you cancel it's very convoluted process that pretty much tries to talk you out of doing so. Don't give your money to the hulu jew.

How an In ti watch Riveradle now?

i pay with gift cards so once it runs out it runs out my CC isnt connected to it

Oh yeah life is so much better now that net neutrality is gone and internet prices are going through the fucking roof.

Idiot.

why would I pay for all of those at the same time

You can watch it for free on CW's own streaming app as it airs if you're in the US.

Streaming won’t die it’s the future. It will becoming worse overtime just like cable. There will be either two or three remaining platforms when the dust has settled. My guess would be Disney and Amazon and the prices will be ridiculous very similar to cable today. We will all be dead long before it happens we will die before Netflix does regardless this is the inevitable future for home entertainment.

get an antenna

As I said the agitprop value of these platforms and their content is more important than money, especially to people who have more than they can possibly spend.

Attached: 9933F937-7C24-4DBE-B007-28D17490C374.png (1006x1294, 1.52M)

That’s not happening though incel.

Sabbatean Frankism.

Yeah it’s hard for a Zoomer to fit a Laserdisc player into the closet they call home in San Fran. And laser rot affected relatively few titles, and was fixed after a short while. I own over one thousand Laserdiscs and only three show rot, all are still playable with only light speckling and that only on my oldest player.

Attached: 211632FD-72C5-4917-8CEE-F5D4C012BC89.jpg (3264x2448, 1.77M)

>I don't like netflix because of their politics
ah yes, I love all these other networks when all they have is white people doing white people things. no minorities! no politics at all

hilarious shit....company wars are just laughable. capitalism won.

BET has almost no white people and nobody watches it even though for some obscure reason it’s included even with the most basic cable and satellite packages.

Wait, really? Why is CW so generous with their streaming app?

>I love capitalism, but don't you dare take away my subsidies!

Yep. In debt, content disappearing, competitors blossoming everywhere. Looks iffy.

> Paying for vidya

Nope. Pirating is a lifeskill, zoomies. Learn.

Which one of those is video games, retard?

>Netflix stream
>HD
Why are all zoomers technological mongoloids?

t. absolute retard

Not having the illegal infinity gauntlet of streaming services all wrapped in one a decent price.
Jokes on you.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x498, 3.24M)

crispy 1080p at 6-7mbps and 96kbps audio is the best user i mean come on do you really need more bitrate

Disney + can save us. They wont because disney is a shit corporation but they could potentially save us

>crispy
You mean crunchy.

Do we not have a gif of Thanos doing a real man's dance like Shimmer.

well at least the 4k goes upto 16mbps

Attached: 0e9.jpg (600x600, 30K)

All the DC shows moving to DC's streaming service?

Imagine you’ve been a Netflix customer for five years. That’s $720 which you could have used to buy actual physical media which would probably encompass everything you care to ever watch if you buy used and are a little patient, slowly building your collection.

Or you could keep renting, if you’re 20 now and do both Netflix and Amazon until you’re 70, when nuclear hellfire consumes you, that’s $12,200 you could have spent on physical media, basically Arab oil sheikh size collection.

Uuuhhhh dude but it's only five dollars are you poor?? I'm a brainlet troglodyte that can't realize obvious scams because individual payments are small

>50 years of all the Netflix I want
>1/10th of 1 year's pay check

And this sounds like a scam to you?

Definitely going back to pirating. Hell, I never left since not everything is on Netflix/Amazon.

Very zoomer user. Your salary is irrelevant, you won’t hold on to any of it renting your way through life and collecting magic beans and 1ups.

You're naieve if you think much of that money, if anything at all, is going to the anime studios.

The Studio Trigger PR guy when he posted on Yea Forums said that the best way to help a studio out directly was to buy merchandise.

Not an argument.

justin roiland really let himself go for season 4

>thinks the shit bitrate streaming uses counts as HD
kek

Alice or Beatrice Grant

>Lot of the good shows that Netflix lost, like House and Monk

What good shows?

House and Monk.

Which, to be fair, are on H&I every week in 10 hour binges so it's not really a big loss that Netflix doesn't have them because they're always on TV.

>House and Monk.
Literal shit shows about spergs, boring story lines, and the same thing pretty much every episode.

Just like your life.

Sure, if I am living it then why would I want to watch it in my down time? I would rather watch some kino shows like the new twilight zone, etc.

Streaming does not come in hd since any time an explosion happens the stream becomes a blurry mess

New Twilight Zone is considered kino? That's actually surprising considering how racist this board is.

>complaining 12.000 dollars over 50 years

Please lord protect me from ever knowing such poverty

Attached: 1545891461627.jpg (249x202, 7K)

>That’s $720 which you could have used to buy actual physical media which would probably encompass everything you care to ever watch if you buy used and are a little patient, slowly building your collection.

Yeah, no.

god i fucking hope so

No he's just an idiot like everyone who watches TV, especially 2019 TV

>House
>Monk
>good shows

Eventually physical media will be phased out and there will be nothing to watch it on. Anyone who wastes money on physical media is an idiot. How are all your old VHS tapes doing? Moron.

>paying cable to watch reruns of House and Monk
wypipo

Attached: 1551067715224.jpg (500x580, 42K)

only shitskins watch TV nowadays though

But all the fucking normies like this one including my big sister own it (and believe me, if my big sister has it, you better fucking believe everybody has it). Why would they get rid of their shit distributor? It's become an habit for them, just like their internet provider.

you see, I was using the term cable in a figurative way, because that's what the streaming market is beginning to look like

>Imagine wanting a replacement to TV when you have the internet.

What a fucking faggot.

i pirate all my shit from torrents and IRC. half you retarded zoomers probably wont even know what those are. I grew up on BBS, FXP and 0day ftps. pirating is in my blood no way will I pay for jewish entertainment.

>tfw have an account for a couple of film & TV trackers and don't even use them because film and TV is such a waste of fucking time

And yet here you are on the film and TV board, complaining about wastes of time while wasting your time.

stop analyzing me you freak

this I mostly rewatch old shit from the 80s and 90s. plus my annual replay of baldurs gate 2 and Planescape torment. TV, movies and vida all went to shit in the early 2000s

YIKES!

They seem to be ending a good amount of shows recently even though they still made money.
CW didn't make anything good this year but A majority of people who watch their shows use netflix. I think CW made their money back on shows like legends and the 100 off of netflix.

No more riverdale?

>Current shows like 'Riverdale' and 'The Flash' will continue to stream on Netflix until they end.
Good. Carry on.

CW literally gained viewers because of the Netflix partnership. Shows that otherwise would have flopped became successful.

see

>New Twilight Zone is considered kino?
yep very
>That's actually surprising considering how racist this board is.
the only racists on this board are the /pol/fugees

No, it's trash. Good for a laugh though.

Wrong. Ive been wachting football (soccer) every Saturday since 1998. Around 2004 my parents are paying for Sky and around 2014 in HD. We still have the normal channel and the HD channel for the exact same events.

You can easily tell whether its HD or not, even from far away.

Commercials would kill Netflix.

>You can easily tell whether its HD or not
Depends on your telly. Samsung makes the worst ones and for all of Sony's shit, they're consistently delivering on quality viewing experiences.

Is anyone else surprised that there are so many Riverdale fans on Yea Forums?

>Is anyone else surprised that there are so many Riverdale fans on Yea Forums?
Not really. There's an Alita general that regulary reaches post limits.

At least that's a sci-fi thing. But why Riverdale?

I wonder if you've even watched the original Twilight Zone or if you're one of those bandwagoners.

Shows already on Netflix will be staying there.

Because it has commercial breaks like a regular broadcast. And it only has the past couple months of episodes.

>Monk
Holy shit is that still going on? Blast from the past at least for a late millennial like me