The Spider-Man trilogy and the X-Men trilogy follow the same general pattern (good first movie, great sequel...

The Spider-Man trilogy and the X-Men trilogy follow the same general pattern (good first movie, great sequel, disappointing conclusion). Why is the Spider-Man trilogy so fondly remembered while the X-Men trilogy appears to be so revilled?

Attached: OGs.png (1264x872, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EWJ5OLa7y70
youtube.com/watch?v=KVH09n9CBR8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>disappointing conclusion
Days Of Future Past was pretty good.

Because the X-men trilogy eventually got got far superior movies. Spider-Man only got worse.

spider-man is moe iconic

But thats the good sequel to first class

Except that Spider-Man 3 is great and the best film in the trilogy. Last Stand is just crap

DOFP is the only good film of the preboot series

DOFP is, alongside with Guardians, Winter Soldier and Logan, the only good capeshit movies of this decade.
Main problem is that bitch

MUH COSTUMES MUH IRRELEVANT CHARACTERS AREN'T PORTRAYED FAITHFULLY

uncle ben the recist

The Spiderman movies didn't act like they were ashamed of their source material. Also characters like Rogue, Cyclops and Storm were horribly portrayed. This is coming from someone who loves the X-Men films btw

redditor millenials memed spiderman2 as great

>turns out sandman killed uncle ben!
>the butler knew norman died to his glider this whole time
>symbiote on a meteor happens to land near peter

fuck no it isn't.

Fuck off with your nitpicks

Anyone who says Spiderman 3 is bad is a fucking retard. The ending is literal perfection.

youtube.com/watch?v=EWJ5OLa7y70

Attached: 1557325035109.png (1200x978, 1.94M)

>retconning spider-man 1 is a nitpick
>wrapping up the harry storyline with a deus ex machina is a nitpick
>contrived plot elements is a nitpick

one of these could be considered a nitpick, the fact all 3 are in the movie show its a weak film.

Wasn't it Sony who wanted all of that?

IW deserves to be on that list

I think it's because the Spider-man films are better than the X-Men films as well as being part comedy.

WHat's wrong with The Last Stand? Only thing I hate is how they needlessly kill Cyclops.

Only Venom's presence.

>Guardians, Winter Soldier

That’s the sequel to first class retard
And it was followed by apocalypse which sucked

SM3 is pure camp and completely ridiculous, so yeah "plot issues" in a film like that is nitpicking. The movie is a blast from start to finish and none of your stupid nerd complaints will change that

Apocalypse wasn't entirely bad, Quicksilver scene was damn fun

Venom was sony's fault
The butler thing was also sony's fault. The butler was supposed to be a figment of harry's imagination at this point. Everything the butler says is information Harry knows, and his mind is keeping it from him and finally lets go of his obsession. Making the butler real ruined that
The sandman real killer retcon was rami and it's dumb.

It felt like 3 different movies mashed together unevenly. You had the mutant cure storyline, Dark Phoenix and Magneto starting a revolution all happening at once and it was a fucking mess. The filmmakers clearly couldn't decide on what movie they were making. Also they sidelined Mystique after maybe 3 minutes of screentime and she was the breakout character from the first two movies. And the way Magneto just abandons her made zero sense

also doesn't do the movie any favors that Cyclops decided he'd prefer getting cucked by Superman

Raimi Spidey actually delivers somewhat whereas X-men never does and still hasn't.

They made the movie based on Hugh Jackmans and Ian McKellens schedule. Those were the two actors they wanted for the longest amount of time and at the same time. They got those 2 and whoever else was free got more scenes. Cyclopes, Mystique, Rogue, Nightcrawler all were busy and got sidelined to cut. Everyone gives Zak Penn shit fot x-men 3 but they don't get they he included all the characters and had to constantly re-work his script to focus on new ones over the old ones. Beast and Kitty get such scenes cause we lost others.

Logan is the conclussion. I don't know what OP is talking about.

>daily reminder that Wolverine almost appeared in the first Spidey.

Days of Future Past is clearly the conclusion to it all. anything after is non canon in my eyes

Bit youre just a loser who dont even have text message friends.

>The butler was supposed to be a figment of harry's imagination at this point.

Pretty sure that was just for the novelization, bro.

Logan is the conclusion to Wolverine and the Prof, not X-men as a whole

what?

X-Men is the only super hero franchise I actually have some fondness for. Which is weird because only like 3 out of 10 movies are actually good. Guess it's my guilty pleasure.

That said, I've never really understood the massive hate for 3. Sure it wasn't especially great or anything, but I still thought it was okay and more than watchable. Nothing really offensive about it. Was it mainly the expectations people had from 2 being pretty good?

they couldn't get him to say lines right at all, they had to cut it down

youtube.com/watch?v=KVH09n9CBR8

The X-men were always pretty lame, trying way too hard to portray the source material seriously and failing miserably. They didn't even have the balls to have the heroes wear their iconic outfits. They've only gotten worse with age.

The Raimi Spider-man movies on the other hand are modern day classics. They understand the source material, nail the tone and are just cool movies in their own right. They blow every comic book movie to come out since out of the water.

Such a serous scene and Franco is just laughing at him.

Attached: 1557941730622.png (258x314, 152K)

>They didn't even have the balls to have the heroes wear their iconic outfits
The original movie costumes were great, a perfect blend of modern and 60s retrofuturism.

Spiderman appeals to infantilized adults who are crippled by insecurity and low ambition, knowing they will never achieve power, because they perceive power as a burden. They indulge in the lie that power is by and large unearned and that the powerful owe them protection and entertainment.

X-Men appeals to precocious children who know they have talents and look forward to developing themselves, anticipating struggles from both the powerful and the weak. They know that power is something you're born with, but you must fight to protect it in order to keep it.

tl;dr X-Men delivers a less entitled narrative that is less appealing to increasingly infantilized adults and the children who like X-Men more than Spiderman are more likely to outgrow capeshit.

Attached: 1517898480363.png (343x477, 218K)

>implying I don't prefer X-Men and I'm a NEET man-child who spends all his days fapping to cartoon pictures

The central conflict of being feared and held back for being born powerful and talented is lost on most people. It doesn't stick to their brains, so all they see is what's left and what remains of the film really is rather bad.

Yeah but think about how much worse you'd be if you were a Siderman fan. You'd probably be stealing money to pay twitch streamers and start thinking they're really into you because they like to dress up as Spider Gwen or something.