Aladdin

This was one of the most energetic scenes in the original. Why does it look soulless here?
>youtube.com/watch?v=lgrQlO7Us2Q

Attached: 1557849048955.jpg (1200x675, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H1Fv67HKdkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aEryAoLfnAA
youtube.com/watch?v=UfHENoO6LgA
youtu.be/2IrDZtpJcaA
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAj4nbdLEU
youtube.com/watch?v=i7ThHHOxlck
youtube.com/watch?v=5gnm6DA1vc0
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Even the city feels smaller.

Poor Walt

What have they done to his legacy

I can't believe how much better the original is. Sometimes you need garbage like this to really appreciate what you already had.
Anyone that pays to see this is a fucking moron.

Yes. It looks more like a set for a Broadway stage to me than an actual stage for a movie.

Where is the tummy though?

Attached: naomi scott aladdin jasmine.jpg (1024x567, 156K)

Serious post here: I could not make it past the 10 second mark. I'm going through some things right now, and this is only making it worse.

Also who is that girl next to Jasmine? She was not in the animation, so new character?

Bump the speed to 1.25, it is crazy how much that faster speed helps it suck less.

Its the set. It looks like a DisneyWorld stage show. The buildings look fake, the GROUND looks fake. If that was a real, lived in city...it would not look like that. And your subconcious mind knows that.

Broadway shows are infinitely more engaging and magical than the pile of shit that I just watched in OP's link

>your subconcious mind knows that
and so does my conscious mind, which is the problem

Attached: 1557271886547.png (374x376, 221K)

Did they leave that part about slaves in the song?

It's not just the set, the cinematography is garbage. It's just a rotating set of wide, middle, and reaction shots. The camera should feel dynamic and part of the action instead of C-SPAN footage.

He can't actually sing for one. Good beanercore flick though

kek it does help

Many braindead faggots will pay for this crap just cause of Smith is on it
I personally know people who would suck his cock if they had the chance,male people

Prince ali mighty is he ali ababnow this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air"

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket
I put my Walkman on and said, "I might as well kick it"

First class, yo, this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass
Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
Hmm, this might be alright

But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that
Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
I don't think so
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested yet
I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought, "Nah, forget it"
– "Yo, home to Bel-Air"

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo home smell ya later"
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air

seek better friends

Why did they change
>Brush up your Sunday salaam
to
>Brush up your Friday salaam
I know it's because the muzzers do their prayer shit on friday, but Sunday Salaam sounds better.

watch it at 1.25x speed and it feels a lot more energetic

Not only that but it ruins the entire joke. To make sure Muslims don't get offended.

Islam ruins everything.

And this looks like a cheap ass Vegas show

On top of all this cringe shitfest is the Aladdin actor smiling awkwardly over the elephant
He has the charisma of a statue

This is the guy Nas said was a true Mc?

FABULOUS Harry, I love the feathers

Attached: aladdin-genie.gif (866x460, 1.47M)

>half-time beat
>hip hop stylings
>Will Smith singing

How could they ruin such a kino song?

Is there seriously no talent at Disney anymore? This is missing nearly every key artistic element that made the original work.

I did an experiment.
I tried for a minute to imagine I was an Arab watching this. I tried to enter the Muslim mindset, just for a second, and press play. And I felt, for a moment, a black wave of contempt towards the decadent West shitting on my culture. All of those whores in full display. The plastic. The African American posing as an Arab Djinni. The obscene Western music, with the obscene Western dancing.

Thank fucking God Disney is shitting on someone else's heritage and I don't actually care lol.

it was supposed to all be muslims why was there a black djinn. why does jasmine and every other main look like a indian

those are some smug fucking peacocks

Naomi a cute.

Attached: naomi scott-5.webm (1920x800, 2.59M)

This looks like a straight to DVD movie in the first place, and to top it off, Smith can't sing for shit.

This was one of the most energetic scenes in the original. Why does it look soulless here?

Attached: 15579400661546711.gif (444x250, 1.73M)

Should have got him to rap it. Even then he's not the best at that either.

I don't think even a genie could restore that hairline.

Now that awful CG genie is going to be stuck in my head.

At least Aladdin will include all the songs from the original. The Lion King on the other side will only include four songs according to Elton John amd a new song by Beyonce. Be prepared won't be in the movie so screw this.

It makes no sense to make a live action Aladdin. The original was a work a Orientialism in the purest sense, all harem girls and silky pillows. The princess dresses like a belly dancer for Pete's sake. It works as an animated fantasy, but when you put it in live action, it's just a painful reminder that there is a huge gap between the fictional and actual Arab world.

Al's Egyptian and Jasmine is half white and half Indian.

Probably because you’re a whiny bitch who complains about muh Sonic design as well. Looks like some fine comfykino to me.

MiB
Dressed in black, we
Won't let you remember
Just in case you saw something you shouldn't see
Now try your best to stay calm
Black suits and black ray bans on
Try not to encounter our alien coterie!

MiB
Secretive we
Galactic defenders
I make this shit look good, definitely
Aint on no government list
No names and no fingerprints
Who sent those aliens home?
Why, MiB

We've got 75 types of ray gun
Black stealth 'copters we've got 53
When it comes to most carbon-based lifeforms
They don't exist
And we insist, it's just weather balloons you see!

Is it out already?

The autotune on Emma Watson in Beauty and the Beast was fucking bad but are they seriously autotuning Will Smith's voice in this? I thought he knew how to sing.

thoroughly mediocre for these ethnicky types. I know she'll never compete with the hand-crafted curves of 2d jasmin, but come on, naomi watts is pedestrian.

I always hated musical scenes in Disney movies.

Attached: 1556723287686.png (1015x764, 952K)

>To make sure Muslims don't get offended.
Yep, muslims would've gotten offfended by a disney character saying sunday salam instead of friday salam

yo'ure totally not a retarded incel

According to the leak, she's Jasmine's girlfriend. They marry at the end of the movie, while Aladdin decides he was happy as a thief so he becomes poor again

I thought Muslims don't dance

this

link to the leaks

Attached: 1505607200430.png (500x327, 43K)

no, no, sometimes, and you've never been to a cheap Vegas show. Please don't have sex, incel, it's not for you.

They don't make them like Julie Andrews any more.

Attached: Mary Poppins-Julie Andrews.webm (1200x720, 2.98M)

They have lap dances from little boys, so I know they're fine with dancing. Music is haram, though.

you mean when Disney hired good singers for the job rather than famous actors and actresses?

they threaten to bomb people that draw their prophet

Dancing is haram and leads to degenerate behaviour such as alcohol use and homosexuality.

Those women are not covered and their female form is showing, they need to cover up and be beaten if they don't.

Genies are demonic Djinn manifestations and should be killed on site.

This has been a public service announcement by the Sharia Council of Saudi Arabia.

>ali ababwaa
what?

Attached: 4354363433.jpg (500x550, 24K)

Kek had to look it up. No way that line is making it into nu-aladdin

Why’s it so slow

because here we have will "i can't act for shit" smith playing himself yet again. instead of based robin williams

surprisingly good

The guy they have for Aladdin is dogshit

if you think thats bad, wait until mulan comes out
the director has already confirmed that no song will be in the movie at all.
the character of captain/general li has been removed (so we will definitly not get a MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOU scene)
instead we get a new character, who's a random soldier that knows mulan's secret from the start (and originaly Disney actualy wanted it to be a white guy explorer/merchant, but after backlash they changed it to a random chinese soldier)

Attached: crazy people.jpg (600x385, 50K)

>down on one kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"100 bad guys with swords" doesn't really work here, in the cartoon he was saying it to some children while disguised as a child.
"strong as 10 regular men" also falls flat as he's just waving his arms around, as opposed to the cartoon where he actually had Aladdin demonstrate his strenght.

The golden camels look like lindt chocolate bunnies and they're just carrying them around on plywood trays like they were going to replace them with CG giant camels but the effect didn't work out.

Smith is stiff and uncharismatic and looks like he wants to be somewhere else.
The music is too slow and sounds like midi.
It's edited like a cheap music video, the cuts are random and the camera movements are slow and flat.

>Why does it look soulless here?
It's trying to imitate a classic, RIP Williams.

Is their prophet featured in this movie, perchance?
If not, then I don't see why Muslims would give a shit. I doubt most Muslims even watched the original. It's the SJWs who'll complain on their behalf that you need to worry about.

Because they hired Indians , there was controversy about that a while back

smith is probaly doing it because he needs money so he can keep funding all the shitty hobbies his untalented kids have

Jafar looks like a nonthreatening beta with the most boring face imaginable too.

And Jasmine as a character just doesn't work in live action. She would be considered way too old for a prince in that society to marry compared to her animated self looking like a 14 year old which actually makes sense

Attached: jafar-in-the-new-aladdin-movie.jpg (1200x1198, 200K)

> Will Smith started out as a professional singing and dancing rapper

Hard to believe. Kids, ask your parents.

Attached: djjazzyjeff_parentsju_101b.jpg (553x547, 147K)

animated jasime wasn't 14
she was 16
hell animated snowwhite was supposed to be 11 or 12, but looked like she was 18

From the trailers I noticed that he has a non- threatening voice as well. He's also younger.

Can't they just digitally remove Will and replace him with a CGI Robin Williams using all his dialogue from the cartoon?

Bare midriffs are sexist now.

That's because everyone was filmed separately before greenscreen and then everything was spliced together.

Looks fucking awful.

>fucked up the casting for Aladdin, Genie and Jafar
>embarrassingly incompetent musical numbers
>CG genie looks like PS2 graphics

Attached: 1557584432249.jpg (898x508, 59K)

If they could afford him and he wanted to do it, they should have got Ben Kingsley to be Jafar.

Don't forget it has to compete with Endgame, Pikachu, John Wick, and Godzilla. They may have known it sucked and dumped it at a competitive time

Yeah Kingsley would have added much needed star power to the cast. The Muslim army leader from Kingdom of Heaven would be a complete dead ringer for Jafar too. It's pretty fucking easy to find a threatening looking Arab actor so I assume Disney just didn't want to portray a Muslim as evil even for a villain role

Attached: snapshot20090113140956.jpg (1024x576, 38K)

Plus he'd have elevated it past just a shitty remake of Aladdin.

man even the broadway version had more soul and a better choregraphy, this shit is a travesty

The whole things comes across as made by committee to be safe and unoffensive, and it's going to fail as a result. Not financially, it'll make it's money, but it'll be a failure of a movie.

So it will be exactly like all the other Disney live action remakes.

It's sad how Hollywood and the general public look down on animation as lesser, yet ignore that it allows you to do things that are impossible or not practical in live action.

Exactly.

>Why does it look soulless here?

It doesn't bounce around the city, so it feels far smaller. In the original we jumped around through a crowd and got to see a variety of people and their reactions grow, in this one everyone's just standing there cheering from second 1. We don't get to see Genie rile up the crowd and instead it just sticks right to the middle of the street. We needed to pan over to less lavishly dressed crowd and show shots inside of the crowd of them getting wowed by those feats Genie's rattling off.

That's why there's no soul here, the crowd, like you, is just supposed to clap and be happy because they SAY its great. They don't need to show him strong as ten normal men, or getting down on one knee, just say it. Its just as good, now clap.

>all those drones
it's just so tiresome

Attached: 2019-05-15 20_49_11-Aladdin Movie Clip - Prince Ali (2019) _ Movieclips Coming Soon - YouTube.png (1053x804, 52K)

It's a film for 6yo kids, the mouse have to make everything lighthearted.

Attached: Kingdom-Of-Heaven-Saladin.jpg (1024x1001, 80K)

>safe and unoffensive
Yup. They are too scared to show an old man actor making the young female lead into his slave so they de-aged Jafar by thirty years.

Reminder to watch the original version multiples time for each viewing of the live action version
youtube.com/watch?v=H1Fv67HKdkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aEryAoLfnAA

imagine willingly being in this movie

it will be a musical?

lmao

imagine willingly paying to go see this movie

People go to these remakes for their favorite songs more than anything else

Based retard

As long as I get paid.

youtube.com/watch?v=UfHENoO6LgA

Isn't it obvious? It looks like a Disney world parade because that's exactly what they're going to sell to you later.

UH

YO

UH

MM

stage size, its like hes entering a very tiny village with a few bastards, also camera work, very fucking slow camera and shitty angles.

>Cary Bobbins

It's all just disappointingly mundane, grounded and hamstrung by reality. It's lost all sense of wonder, bombast, and scale.

Disney is bad
All they care about is their shareholders and promises of yearly profits to them
Thats why they make all this "safe bet" remake trash.

Attached: 15338043978890.jpg (470x535, 41K)

I completely agree with you, Naomi is cute.

Goddam. Well said.

'92 Aladdin is precisely why you animate movies

'19 Aladdin is precisely why you don't

Attached: aladdin38.jpg (1920x1080, 1.12M)

I couldnt finish it.

How far they have fallen.

He looks like a nice guy, I'm not scared or creeped out by him at all

Sultan up there thinking
>Why is there an uncastrated nubian slave singing in the courtyard

She's wearing a corset, obviously. Midriff would require she not eat like a pig and spend extra on belly lipo.

>Directed by Guy Ritchie

That's why.

>now clap
Ah, the Jeb Bush method

Because he's just walking forward. He puts zero effort into adding energy and the director clearly didn't even try to make him appear everywhere the way the cartoon did. The reason the cartoon had so much energy was because genie was like 10 people in the crowd. All we get here is a near static shot of Smith walking around. Even the camera itself is boring

>It's all just disappointingly mundane, grounded and hamstrung by reality

This is flat and boring for no reason. The Mask, a fucking film from 1994 proves you can go cartoony and still have people enjoy it. There's no poofs to the kids,guards or women so you would think they were going for realism but then it cuts to him being on the ostriches.

How could he see if he was castrated or not from that far

Also, will Smith is light enough to be mistaken for a non nubian

director should be shot, everything feels so stagey and there is zero energy or dynamism

embarrassing

My genie! Nigger is he! He's a shit act-tah!

Still wonder how switch became a hit

Anybody else here remember when Disney really did come off as a family-oriented company who'd re-release their classics just so parents could take their kids to experience big-screen magic they remembered fondly from their own childhoods instead of being a rapacious, corporate monster fueled fueled by greed in lieu of imagination?

I do. I miss that company.

if he was properly castrated at a young age then he wouldn't be singing with such a deep voice

if they live in LA they can see him almost every day if they want, same goes for jaden, that little fucknugget gets lunch at erewhon almost every day

Key differences

>Lower tempo
>Will makes eye contact with no one (stage performance)
>Will is in one place the whole time except when he barely appears in the back riding ostriches
>Quick moves and cuts replaced by slow moves and long cuts
>These long cuts designed to show you a stage
>By contrast, the originals quick cuts are designed to give you close ups of Williams interacting with members of the crowd
>Williams also generates praise for prince ali by pretending to be part of the crowd
>Genie uses magic in almost every shot in the original, and basically none in this one
>Kids in the original mimic our reactions to what's happening (has he got a zoo, I'm telling you)
>Also wide shots of the crowds and characters, so barely any human interaction on our part
>Will makes a tremendous effort to move as little as possible

What the fuck happened to him? Or is it just that directors take Disney gigs now because they know they can phone it in and the suits won't notice?

This guy looks like he would Jihad Aladdin's ass, looks too imposing for the kind of Jafar they want. His name is Ghassan Massoud BTW.

so jaffar is a cute jihadist fuckboy and only 10 years older than jasmine?
lol,just marry the dude.

>he raped the galloping whores!
>a hundred black boys with swords
>who sent those coons to their lords?
>WHY PRINCE ALIIIIII
What did they mean by this?

>They have lap dances from little boys
based

>Ben Kingsley exists and is willing to act in literally anything for peanuts.
>Get some random guy who is simultaneously
>Too young
>Not ugly enough
>Not threatening or evil looking in any way
>Not a particularly good actor
Honestly, every main role in the film is catastrophically miscast, but Jafar is by far the worst given how easily it would have been able to get someone who actually looks like an old arab wizard and how badly they missed the point of the character with the guy they got.

Attached: ben-kingsley-prince-of-persia.jpg (986x1166, 202K)

youtu.be/2IrDZtpJcaA

what went wrong

Flanked by two burly toughs, a sobbing, blindfolded man is led down a rainy alley behind Disney studios.

"I-M SORRY!" He screams when they come to a stop at the dead end of the alleyway. "YOU PUT TOO MANY RESTRICTIONS ON ME! I COULDNT WORK! ....i... i couldnt work...."
One of the toughs pushes down hard on his shoulder.

"Kneel."

Resigned to his fate, the director of Disneys Aladdin live action adaptation kneels as his body is racked with violent sobs. He had no cards left to play. But his thoughts turned to his family. He knew even these sorts of men had families. He tried one last ditch attempt to stop this, to not die is a filthy trash-strewn alley in Burbank for making a multi million dollar mistake.

"I...I know you dont care, but for what it's worth, I have a family. Kids."

The quiet chucking the blindfolded man hears drains all hope from his heart.

"You should have thought of them before you made a piece of shit movie. You knew how this worked."

The sounds of guns cocking made the kneeling man empty his bladder in his pants. This was it. No tommorrow. He was sobbing uncontrollably now, taking in huge breaths and exhaling quickly, the steam of his breath evaporating into the falling rain. The only thing he could hear was the pounding of his heart. The seconds seemed like hundreds of years as he waited for the inevitable oblivion to overtake him.

After the 5 shots were fired, the alleyway was covered in blood, brains and skull fragments. As the two toughs left, a mouse came from behind some garbage and snatched up a chunk of brain, nibbling on it as it disappeared in the refuse as quickly as it came.

Wait.. why isn't he blue??

I'm glad he didn't hang around for this.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

It feels so claustrophobic.

looks like something out of Bollywood
but the Pajeets would use better music and non-CGI elephant

>own the original on Blu Ray
>Can watch it whenever
>The entire movie sounds great in proper surround sound (Cave of Wonders sounds properly menacing, lots of nice directional audio moments etc)

Why even waste money and gas seeing this?

Attached: 3a933472-2fa8-4190-ab42-f7b7dc56afe2.png (723x897, 939K)

This is it for Richie's career right? I mean, he hasn't had a hit since 2011 and his last two films have probably lost 100 million together. There's no way that anyone could imagine hiring him when this inevitably bombs critically and financially?

Attached: 800px-GuyRitchiebyKathyHutchins.jpg (800x1073, 228K)

Blumhouse will probably pick him up, give him a smaller budget, and he'll make a huge hit out of it. Making stylistic directors work under the committee model is retarded.

i dont really care about the movie but i have a thing for arab chicks
so im most likely gonna watch it for that reason alone
the chick in red looks hot

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-125024.png (2560x1440, 1.73M)

Found the brit.

people with children would gave them literal shit to eat, if that way the little monsters can be entertained for a couple of hours.

im actually from mexico puto

literally who is hyped for this shit

setting the speed to 1.25 almost makes it bearable

As much as I hate bollywood dance numbers, this scene pales in comparison to bollywood shit in pretty much every way a film can.

youtube.com/watch?v=TBAj4nbdLEU

Sets, choreography, cinematography, cast charisma - everything is better. Imagine not being able to even match up to some poos operating on a $5 budget.

This guy

it dose

Yeah, but they can literally buy the original on Blu-ray for twenty bucks and save $30 from taking a whole family to see it in theaters

I'm so sorry

dont be
im not one of the poor ones

>all those forced in-the-audiences-face shots to justify the 3D version

pathetic

Still.

Kids don't like traditional animation. My 2 year old loves the 3D and live action Disney films but has no interest in any of the old cartoon ones when I put them on.

holy fuck hahaha

Genie doesn't run around everywhere, changing forms, being genuinely overexcited to show this new Prince to the whole town : this just feels smaller, in every aspect.

>Alia Bwaba!
Holy shit why can't amerisharts get Ali Baba right?

Have you tried molesting her?

Jesus Christ this is a fucking nightmare. I think this will be the most disappointing of the live action films so far. And that's saying a lot.

I don't even hate Will Smith or anything but you're right about this just being soulless.

Gotta watch the original to cleanse my brain now youtube.com/watch?v=aEryAoLfnAA

to be honest that doesnt seem like an error.
in a "realistic" setting,people would know what a djinn is and would be terrified of seeing that kind of things.

Holy shit, I mean, it's still worse than the original but it's fucking ASTONISHING how much of an improvement just picking up the tempo closer to the original makes a difference and makes it feel like it has so much more energy to it

This.

When you search for "arab wizard movie" then Ben Kingsley is one of the first things that show up b/c he is statistical relevant.

Attached: king.jpg (1884x884, 480K)

It's fucking terrible.

In the cartoon he transforms behind everyones backs. It's laziness plain and simple. Same reason Belle never slid down the bookshelves on a rolling ladder. Just absolute bare minimum effort to make this shit.

Just because it's live action doesn't mean it's not supposed to be whimsical. The shot in the original where the genie appears as a talking animal to those kids and their faces light up is one of the best parts of the whole song. This is a genuinely magical day for them, they may never see anything of its like again in all their lives. It's part of what makes the whole thing work.

This - the original had all sorts of great angles - lots of lows and highs and never being afraid to rapidly cut from middle shots to extreme close-ups or extreme wide shots, and most importantly many of the shots feature quick, sudden frame tracking and zooms to follow the genie's rapid movements as he mingles with the crowds.

Here you can tell they just set up a dozen stationary cameras, said "action", and then spliced whatever they captured together in edit.

it sounds slow and lifeless. Also the way they tried to copy every single shot and visual idea from the cartoon is so devoid of imagination.

It pisses me off that this is probably gonna make 800+ million.

If there's justice in the world it will barely make back its budget.

Literally:
>we want the Bollywood audience
Disney wants to expand its market share in India and is using Aladdin as a gateway movie.

I feel like there's potential for a Sneed version of Prince Ali. Maybe call it Formerly.

Same thing happened with Beauty and the Beast. The impossibly massive castle somehow felt like a cramped and claustrophobic set.

That's... actually pretty damned good.

Will Smith looks like he's on SSRIs

that would make me lol. burn it all.

So a less funny version of this?
youtube.com/watch?v=i7ThHHOxlck

Look how blank his face is. He's supposed to be intimidating in this frame. No expression from the mouth, no scrunched eyebrows to display intimidation or anger, nothing.

The guard behind him has his chin raised, making him appear bigger and more dominating (threatening).

The fucking extra is a better actor than the main villain.

B-A-S guess what comes next, it's E n' D!

This is the big disadvantage of switching from animated to live action. Animation is all about caricature, exaggerated features and silhouettes to exemplify a character's decency, heroism, villainy, etc. Unless you go out of your way to find real people with those kinds of exaggerated or memorable appearances then you just end up with a fucking community theater cast of boring normal people in your movie.

can't blame him look at the family he has to come home to every night

its no wonder Smith's rap career never took off, he is so bland

I prefered 2D over 3D even when I was a little kid
then again, that was still fairly early 3D animation

The average bollywood film utterly shits on this sequence though. If they were going for a bollywood dance bit then they failed even harder than if they were trying to mimic the animation.

>They may have known it sucked and dumped it at a competitive time

That's exactly what they did.

Look at the release dates for Lion King, Frozen 2, and Star Wars. They know this is a huge turd

Why the FUCK didn’t they cast him?!

>muslims complain about a lack of representation of muslim roles onscreen
>disney wants to pander to the cultural sensitivities of muslims so suck all the life out of the costumes , lyrics, dance routines , visual gags ,etc.
>muslims contribute to muslims complain even more when it comes out about it being immodest, un-islamic, cultural appropriation etc.

When will these idiots learn?

This thing is going to be a huge hit in international markets.

Oh I didn't say it was successful, just that that's what they're doing here.

Disney thinks it can make bank in India with a bland, token attempt at Bollywood stylings.

that little bit where will smith is riding the ostriches looks so fucking bad. that part stands out the most for me.

The singing sounded so off. Didn't Smith get his start in signing?

That's a good argument for Aladdin and Jasmine's casting but for Jafar they straight up changed the character from an old wizard dude to a young guy who looks barely older than Aladdin.

this looks like it will be made for woman in the same way The Greatest Showman was

and it will be hugely successful because of this

>aladdin
more like aladdindu

OK hear me out. I have AMC A-List I have 3 free movies every week. Which most of the time I never even use more than one. Can I still go see it?

Attached: its up.jpg (194x259, 8K)

Like most movies made these days

sad innit

Because no white guy would ever be able to recognize a chinese woman wearing mans clothes as a woman ever.

All the niggers was what did it for me.

>then again, that was still fairly early 3D animation
I think that's a big part of it honestly. 3D just looks really good now so kids don't connect to cartoons the way we used to. Or my 2 year old just has shit taste which is possible but Paw Patrol is pretty fucking Based.

>This thing is going to be a huge hit in international markets.
Not in China and Japan when it's sandwiched between Detective Pikachu and Godzilla.

>muslims complain about a lack of representation of muslim roles onscreen
How many muslims actually give a fuck about this? Do you think some random muslim in Egypt or Saudi Arabia gives 2 fucks about hollywood movies beyond capeshit?

>muslims complain even more when it comes out about it being immodest, un-islamic, cultural appropriation etc.
This never happened. Has it happened with any movie that repressents the muslim world? Again, most muslims don't care as long as Muhammed isn't repressented.

The Jafar actor seems to have the lowest energy of all. Every line he delivers is just so bland and monotone.

>Look at the release dates for Lion King, Frozen 2, and Star Wars. They know this is a huge turd

You make a good point honestly and this has me more excited for Lion King now that I think about it.

Why is Will Smith barely moving here? He's acting like he got a spine injury and just cannot move around much at all. He just sort of leans to the left and right a little.

Literal Mid Boss.

Parenting in 2019 is such a desperate and destitute affair that parents would willingly sit through this to distract their kids for 90 minutes AND pay $12 a pop (not for tickets, for a soda at the theater) for it.

Thank fucking god my brother had a kid so I don't have to.

How did they go from Broadway Jafar who was the loudest with the most stage presence ever, to this guy who barely talks above a whisper and just sort of stands around bored all the time?

Ugly cast, shitty actors, trashy Bollywood aesthetics. Genie is just a black guy doing his jaded schtick. It’s just not Aladdin.

because he's a 50 year old negro, and despite what they say, negros can't actually dance, they just shrug and shuffle around like zombies.

Those who are saying that this will be the worst Disney live action movie probably forgot that Dumbo also came out this year and don't forget about the upcoming soulless Mulan movie.

Attached: qt.jpg (1225x1633, 207K)

everything on youtube kids is 2D. Your kid just sucks.

yeah who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to cast some bland, 29 year old prettyboy who looks like he runs some muslim snapchat or instagram page as Jafar?

>Thank fucking god my brother had a kid so I don't have to.

Attached: Rm8GY5nWdjPBXEv48yTcngMecKJjqijyrDF8XASdLx4.jpg (768x768, 127K)

dude is looking like some fucking arab version of a mall santa

Attached: 1549061495505.png (267x362, 167K)

I didn't know Joaquin Phoenix was in this movie.

And again, not one emotion on his face. Who the fuck are these shitty actors?

Walt ruined the originals. Fuck him.

good post

Lmao seriously. His singing and dancing were completely flat and dead
making it live action is no excuse for the musical performances being so terrible.

Attached: agent G.jpg (582x338, 65K)

>Letting your kid watch youtube
Holy YIKES!

>Dumbo also came out this year
I had to look this up... you're right!

But to be fair the original Dumbo was dogshit too so maybe it was a faithful version of it.

that's an insult to bollywood.
Bollywood musical numbers are a hundred times more adept and interesting.

>Jafar looks like a nonthreatening beta with the most boring face imaginable too.

Jafar has to be some old fuck for this to work. I look at that guy and think "yeah a woman would want to date some young handsome guy like that".

>Or my 2 year old just has shit taste

Some kids are more sophisticated than others.

Looks like a Lidls Christmas advert. I keep expecting Genie to conjure up party food

Good version of the song at least. Too much CGI is your answer

You have a point and don't forget about the Lion King too. Literally no soul compared to the original, the trailer was disappointing at many levels and recently I found out that my favourite song won't even be in the movie.

>t. butthurt dadanon who hasn't had a vacation in years

don't worry, soon enough they won't need daycare and you can finally stop donating plasma twice a week to pay for it

this is an alladin thread, you missed the jhonny english thread

t. 9-year old fucker
remake alladdin was made to pander to muslim part of woke POC twitter.

Oh wow, Will Smith has no fucking energy at all.

Fucking Jeremy Irons talk-singing Be Prepared in the Lion King has more energy.

>a cartoon feels more alive than a live action performance

Can't have an old fuck enslaving a young woman into being his wife in 2019 Disney

It's not supposed to be Ali Baba here, shitskin.

The scale is all fucked up, the camera needs to pull the fuck back and the setpieces need to be LARGER.

Also everyone complains about Will Smith but I'm more annoyed at the guy they cast as Aladdin because he's not even trying at this point. In the original, Aladdin was really confident and playful with the ladies, this guy is like a statue with no charisma at all.

(good) cartoons always have more life to them than any live-action performance.

You'd be smug too if you were that fabulous.

While reading that, I said "Why..." to myself way to much..
Jesus holy christ manic fucks

>take a fun bumbling but lovable guy and turn him into some dime store Indian Guru Bhagwan Rajneesh looking motherfucker
Why?

At least fucking slap a 99-cent store beard on Danny DeVito or something, damn.

>Good version of the song at least.
No it's fucking not.

He literally winces like a beta when the girls wave to him. Can't have Chad protagonists these days

To be fair, compared to everything else in the movie it's downright miraculous.

modern filming/cameras whatever you call it makes eveything look like shit. too crisp and colours are dull theres probably some CG shit which makes things look flat and bland 90% of the time.
hand drawn stuff always looks better and older camera filters made things look like paintings. the colours are richer and more emotive and the outlines seemed somehow more defined

Attached: psp6ct3jt0nw5bzgrwtq.jpg (800x451, 49K)

That was one of the things I really appreciated in the original - without just fucking blatantly stating it it starts dropping hints even this early that all the positive attention is going to his head a little, which makes his later struggle between being himself and putting on the act more interesting.

How bad was the Beauty and the Beast live action movie?
I have a sudden interest to torrent all of those sad remakes

It was pretty catchy. Get an ear.

Because nobody wants to look at shit skins for two hours in non-animated form.

A patissier can do the most beautiful piping in the world, but it doesn't matter if the icing and the cake are all made of processed fecal matter.

Not sure, but The Jungle Book was surprisingly adequate and I didn't hate it. Obviously still a pointless movie that pales in comparison to the original and should never have been made, but adequate.

Someone make a note, so we can all laugh at them when they do this for the movie.

They're all extremely bland, but at least Beauty and the Beast remembered to hire people who can sing, for the most part. Emma Watson's not great, but everyone else is trained.

Well no shit. But one can still say the icing looks nice.

I fucking love the little interaction from 2:04-2:10. There's so many funny but understated moments like this that really elevate the movie when you take all of them as a whole.

The man has never once made a family movie or ever directed anything like a lavish Broadway style procession. He does gritty British guns and crime flicks. This is an alien world to him.

>114845391
Nice try racist. I'd watch 2 shitskins all day long if they were in my face.

>Good version of the song at least.

Attached: 1506718314147.png (576x699, 226K)

>real animated city
vs
>sound stage

i wonder why

That entire set looks fake af. The walls look like flimsy plywood with pink paint.

Plus Will Smith's vocals are so quiet. Its hard to even tell what he's saying at some points

they are both great. the new one is just a little bit worse, so its still good.

Do you just really love slow paced autotune or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=5gnm6DA1vc0
>there's a character designed solely for girls to say "haha, she is totally me"

It looks like a small courtyard in some minor lord's mansion. Not a fucking entryway to the royal palace.

So this is the power of Guy Ritchie's Aladdin

Attached: 1484436080513.jpg (809x771, 240K)

>Disney is forcing it's usual feminist agenda into a movie about Muslim culture
Kek. I wonder how that will go down with the radicals.

Why did they change it to Friday sallam?
Also why is Will Smith not trying to act? He's just being Will Smith, like he is in every other film he's in.

I hate him since he made Bedivere black in that Arthur flick.

literally who is this movie even being made for?

sometimes. I like both songs. Sue me.

Western women.

Attached: Goddammit.jpg (590x350, 19K)

It's bad... like not even in a so-bad-its-good way, just plain bad.

Jungle Book pissed me off because it completely betrays the whole fucking point of the story: Mowgli is a man and must ultimately accept that as much as he loves the jungle and his friends there, he doesn't belong in that world. The original Disney adaptation understood this, as did Chuck Jones' adaptation. But the remake ends with a fucking retarded "everyone ignores that Mowgli burned half the fucking jungle down and he just spends the rest of his life living feral with Baloo and Bagheera and the wolves.

Attached: jungle book.jpg (471x357, 40K)

they're making these live action remakes to prolong their copyright ownership

pretty much this

Because Friday is the holy day of the week in Islam... it's still fucking stupid because the point of the lyrics was that it was a catchy alliteration and was never meant to be strictly accurate.

lawyer up then faggot

Okay, will do. Please forward your contact information to my attorney, Shmeil Goldsteinberg.

Lol fucking faggot. Live action looks like an over the hill hag especially in ancient Arabia, animated is prime marriage material

Attached: Untitled.png (619x85, 10K)

whats wrong with the new song besides Will Smith? He did a pretty good job I think of singing it. If you close the video and listen to it you will see it. (hear it lol)

Jungle Book was okay and pretty fun and enjoyable

this
>it completely betrays the whole fucking point of the story
is correct though

how do actual arabs feel about a nigger genie?

How does this happen? He was super dynamic in his work. Even on Arthur you had some creative ways of showing stuff, even if the movie was bad.
Now it looks bland as fuck.

How does it happen? His name used to sell movies beyond the cast. On the promotional material for Aladdin I have yet to see his name being used as a selling point.

Its like everything that could have gone wrong with this film, went wrong. From the beginning, their choice of director was an immediate misfire. Why would Disney hire someone who is known for grimdark, gritty films to head up a live-action adaptation of one of their best films known for its colour and magic? It’s silly to try and say that a story about a genie casting wishes, a monkey who turns into an elephant and flying carpet can be grounded in any way. This is not to say Guy Richie is a bad director, he just shouldn’t have been chosen – especially after that King Arthur disaster.
Then you have the casting mistakes. I know Robin Williams’ Genie is hard to top but Will Smith can’t seem to reach a level for even his own standards and looks like he is phoning it in. I don’t know much about the kid cast as Aladdin so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt but holy shit, was Jafar a miscast. Its like the guy auditioned for Aladdin and the casting directors thought “We think Jafar is more you”. His effeminate voice and apparent young age is a hilariously bad decision. Jafar is supposed to basically be a 50 year old predator that creeps on the teenage Jasmine and them looking closer in age, takes that additional evilness away from Jafar being a compelling villain.
But the biggest problem this film looks like having is the lack of creativity and a sense of wonder. The big spectacular scenes like the parade look flat, uninspiring and most damning of all, boring. How can a film ostentatiously be about magic be lacking in that fabled Disney magic?

Interestingly you can see the reverse if you slow the original down to 0.75.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEryAoLfnAA

It's still better than this new live-action version, but you can definitely feel the lower tempo suck a LOT of energy out of the song.

That guard looks like he could have made a good Jafar.

I unironically like it more than the original

Attached: 9A18BEA5-9BCA-4D5F-A9A0-FEE16D22E8D1.jpg (933x666, 80K)

>how do actual arabs feel about a nigger genie?
A lot of arabs have very dark skin. Also If I'm offended is by the overall look of the movie. It's doesn't look arabic at all, it looks like India. I think Disney did this on purpose and that is offensive. It's like making a movie set in Japan but make it look like China.

Think about it logically. I cannot comprehend nor conceive of anything more purely cucked than going to see this movie. It's not new. You already know the story. The dialogue. You know how it ends. You e literally seen the entire thing before if you saw the cartoon. Yet you are willing to get up, leave the house, drive/bus to the movie theater, stand in line, spend HARD EARNED MONEY on a movie you already say like 20 years ago. It's the same movie, only worse. Tou know it's worse. You've seen how much worse it is and yet you still give them money for something you already bought years ago. Jesus.

this is the most egregious miscast imo. you're never going to top Williams as the genie, but they could've at least tried with Jafar. fuck.

It deserves all the hatred its received and more... but allow me to give it a compliment.

Costumes and art direction looks pretty good. Very colorful and well crafted. Definitely underappreciated artform and I like the brightness and color of the scene in a genre when Beauty and the Beast remake was really dark and Lion King remake is trying for gritty photo realism. That's about it, though.

Absolutely based

Pretty sure that's not how copyright works.

Based and arabgirlpilled

okay after watching this again since I was a kid I hate this. I was and

He looks like he brings bag lunches to homeless people. He looks like he coaches little league. He does not look like a power mad slimy shifty master sorcerer

please tell me these are bots

Based

me too. beep boop

>implying he wouldn't suck will smith's cock

niggers and normies

It's so bad that even some of the consumer lapdogs are kind of getting the feeling that something is wrong with it, instead of sucking it down like it's God's semen.

Look at the village in the live action Beauty and the Beast and it's the same way. I actually don't mind locations that look like big stage sets because it reminds me of old movies like the Ten Commandments. If Will Smith had enough energy to sell this, you probably wouldn't care as much either.

The thing that annoy me this year is with both Sonic, this, and Lion King the biggest defense people have is, "YOU CANT MAKE IT GOOFY AND VISUALLY INTERESTING SINCE IT WILL LOOK WEIRD IN REAL LIFE"
Whats wrong with it looking kinda weird, it already all looks fake and weird so why not lean into it?

This is my biggest problem with the upcoming Lion King remake. It has no artistic justification for its existence. At least with Aladdin you could make a case for wanting to see a live-action version of the story or to see the technological improvements with the Jungle Book. But with the Lion King, its just another animated film. You can't use the technology argument because Jungle Book got there first. The story isn't new, nothing is new about this - they even have same person voicing Mufasa for fucks sake.

The Lion King remake is an empty, cynical product that exists to only make Disney money. What separates this from other Hollywood cashgrabs is that at least the story or the way the story is told is new. All the beats and 90% of the dialogue in the Lion King will be same. Nobody is going to rate this shit better than the original.

They really needed a Ben Kingsley type to play this role. Someone with a good scowl, who’s older, but still intimidating. What bad casting.

Silly user. Movies can't have a distinct visual style anymore. These days everything has to look like it was shot as a 90s sitcom.

The hip hop shit affectation is fucking terrible.

it's slow and the scope is smaller and the genie isn't shapeshifting

it's stupid, the entire point of aladdin was that it was a fantastic whimsical movie with crazy characters and robin williams

live action sucks for that purpose

No they aren't. Most of the consumers are children between 6 and 12. They dont know any different and they will defend it until the dogs come home.

BUT DUDE REALISM

Its more annoying with adaptations now since most of them are going this route of saying the original designs are bad and need to be redone from scratch.

Yeah because Tyrone and Chad are always talking about Aladdin. Moron. You just throw around words and dont even know what they mean

this.
they used to do exaggerated and cartoonish movies up until the early 2000s, it would've been perfect for this movie and this scene in particular

hes a discord tranny false flag

It's hardcore Giman-jutsu

huh?

Anybody who calls the Lion King remake "live-action" needs their brain examining.

The frenetic pace fits animation more than live action.

Call me a shill, I think this looks good. I hate musicals and have no inordinate amount of affection for the original. I am not someone they were making this movie for and I think it looks good.

Robbins Williams and Walt shuffled off this mortal coil long ago. They dont care.

Did you guys know you sound no different than the "Well in the comic books...!" people? Its not a comic book and it sure as hell aint an animated Disney film from the 90's. Grow up with your favorite things, but know they age as well.

the song was great. the animation sucked.

He talked about sending 100 men to see their lords.

Oh, mass murder to PC for you?

Glad to see that you untarded yourself.

>nuJasmine is I WANNA BE SULTAN
In 2019 you can't just have a simple story about a girl wanting to find true love instead of arranged marriage. She needs to become a completely different character who wants all the responsibilities of ruling a kingdom instead, with a betacuck husband on the side.

What I find weird in this version is that Aladdin is acting like a complete beta during the song. In the animated version he played up to the song as he believed that was how a prince should act which at first gave Jasmine a negative impression of him. Not sure how that's going to work in this version.