He doesn’t watch the greatest Sci-Fi show of all time

>He doesn’t watch the greatest Sci-Fi show of all time

Attached: B8694E0C-25C6-4DBE-AF8D-67B152DD18F8.jpg (380x285, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r-ZiI3iVgpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

watched it when i was 12 m8 whats it to you?

First 7 seasons = classic TV
After that = shit

bitch i was busy getting laid at the golf course when i was 12 i wasnt watching tv

With who? Trump? No wonder why he loves golf.

based and smegmapilled

...it's cold outside

Attached: 1547637358889.jpg (400x400, 36K)

Much better than Doctor Who and Star Trek.

That's not bsg

Attached: 1 x3osWny_7Ouh5nmbq5HpuQ.jpg (1280x1024, 156K)

I used to play golf. I hate people who abuse the facilities. I
hope you raked the sand back nicely before you left. That’d be a hell
of a lie to get into, wouldn’t it? Competition the next day, and your
ball lands in Lister’s buttock crevice. You’d need more than a niblick
to get that one out.

>he liked season seven but not season eight
explain yourself

This place is so cryptofascist

Attached: lister.jpg (150x172, 8K)

Are you trying to say I've got a big bum?

youtube.com/watch?v=r-ZiI3iVgpM

Red Dwarf had major cast issues though. By the later seasons, Barry and Craig hated each other, and couldn't do scenes alone.

Danny John Jules is a bit of a twat in general.

Unironically one of the greatest comedy shows ever since they could explore a lot of different concepts on the show, especially considering their budget.
Also wasn't too try-hardy like Star Trek.

It's both one of the greatest comedies and one of the greatest sci-fi's. It's honestly more creative with it's sci-fi concepts than most of Star Trek. That's really something if you consider the self imposed limitations of no aliens, and I think GELFs were more believable than a bunch of humanoid aliens anyway; not only that but they were used sparingly. I think I actually prefer dwarf to any of the Star Trek series

>Barry and Craig hated each other, and couldn't do scenes alone.
I've heard that Craig is a bit of a dickhead. He must hide it well when he's performing because I never got that impression watching him in anything. Barrie seems like a great bloke so I imagine the problem has to be on Craig's end

It was some dispute over one scratching the other's car, I don't even remember which way around it was. Think it might have been Craig that scratched Barry's car and denied it.

They didn't hate each other. They originally hated each other and you can tell in season 1. Barry left because he wanted to do other things and felt like he was being overworked.

almost dropped me skateboard

I loved it as a kid, but I tried rewatching recently and it wears thin terribly quickly.

Apparently they didn't make up until season 6. I remember in an interview, one of the cast said that Starbug scenes in particular were very difficult because of the poor relationship between the two, and that for one of the seasons they just outright couldn't have scenes with just Craig and Barrie because of the tensions between them.

By 8 seasons, a show has usually run its course anyway. Season 9 was pretty crap, but X was fun.

season 6 was the end of the classic run. one half left the comedy team. season 7 still had some funny stuff but the format, cast and writing was different. season 8 was a complete clusterfuck where they inflated the cast and budget as if trying to make it as mainstream as possible.

Retarded wojakposter

This. It was probably my biggest disappointment of this year. I have no idea what happened because I truly remembered it as being absolutely brilliant as a teenager and I couldn't help but cringe at myself afterward.

Fucking smeg heads.

British television is universally shit. No exceptions.

so sick of smeg heads on this board

Attached: 1474778787109.jpg (1259x695, 282K)

Danny John Jules is based though, I see him in Tescos every week and we wave at each other

Underrated reply

Season 4,5 and 6 are absolute GOAT 10/10.

>IM WATCHING YOU GANDHI

Attached: 1504619261-giphy-downsized-large-1.gif (384x288, 2.6M)

So what is it?

Attached: 34EE1597-F466-4A8A-9A44-B5388253CDB3.jpg (480x360, 8K)

I'm trying to picture DJJ shopping at Tescos and it just isn't working in my head.

He walks around as the cat character up and down the aisles. I’ve seen him on multiple occasions getting thrown out for eating the whiskas directly out the can

I honestly found season 8 far more entertaining than 7. Not having Rimmer destroyed the show, and Kochanski was annoying. Season 8 was better imo. The bunk scenes were reminiscent of the first two seasons and having the whole ship back allowed them to do some entertaining ideas that were impossible before. Captain Hollister was a pretty great character, and Kochanski was less annoying. Obviously no where near as good as the classic run but nothing was.

Barrie is a car lover so I would guess it was Craig

To be honest it must have been hard, Barrie was an impressionist and comedian and Craig was some punk poet from in Liverpool, they only sent him to script because they wanted his thoughts on whether the character of the Cat was racist and he asked to audition. Barrie actually auditioned for Lister too interestingly.

i think you might just be seeing a homeless dude

>anyone got a poppadom the size of lake michygin

Yeah, that would sound about right. They had a serious falling out over the car thing.

Didn't know about the racism angle (and that being how Craig got into the show), but I had heard Barrie had auditioned as Lister.

>Fiona Barrington! 15 years of age! You got off with her in your dads greenhouse, you thought you got lucky, but it turned out all the time you had your hand in warm compost!

Attached: laugh-scienceabccom.jpg (1000x667, 81K)

Is gif related the best gag of the entire series?

Attached: tumblr_n0ugk1Wzxg1tsa109o4_r1_500.gif (500x269, 983K)

that whole episode if not season is kino

Just going down the paki shop

can someone pass the ketchup?

>mfw Rimmerworld
>Your pod is travelling way above our top speed
>Well we could bring you down with a round from the laser cannon
>heh, form an orderly queue behind the gunsight
>mfw

Attached: Z7rcHzx.gif (385x256, 1.21M)

>We don't want him! Go away! You took him; you can keep the smegger!

Season 7 is underrated and the relationship that develops between Kryten and Kochanski is pretty funny. Season 8 has a few good episodes but it's by far the weakest out of 1-8.

Attached: Red Dwarf-6734.webm (576x432, 1.18M)

humor aged poorly imo.
unlike only fools and horses

Nah, it was Doug Naylor who scratched Craig's
Rolls Royce and didn't tell him for ages.

Chris and Craig fell out in the early seasons due to ego bullshit and "who was getting the funniest lines" and that type of thing AFAIK. They never really go into detail about it, just that they were young and headstrong.

I watch series 1-7 quite regularly and and it's still funny. Series 4-6 being the best.

I've never seen one before.

Attached: so what is it.webm (576x432, 449K)

i think losing red dwarf was the best thing they've done. back to reality and quarantine are i think the best episodes

OH SHIT THAT WAS IT, I'm pretty confident Barrie and Craig had a falling out over that because Craig thought it was Barrie. It was in the mid seasons of the show (like, 4 or 5 I think?), so a different feud to the ego ones.

Did anyone else think he had a gigantic wrinkly foreskin from the thumbnail

*Smegging

What is the American equivalent to Red Dwarf?

So the Blu-ray isn't really worth it I'm hearing if you already own the DVDs.

Attached: red dwarf series 1-8 blu-ray.jpg (1800x1341, 421K)

This show wasn't funny but it was just really... entertaining. It was comfy in a tragic way too

How did it end? I used to watch it a lot when i was younger but i kinda forgot about it

American Red Dwarf (look it up it's awful). But seriously I guess the American equivalent is probably The Orville

>Ah! I think we've just encountered the middle of this conversation.

It ends with Season 6 when their future selves destroy their ship just as Rimmer destroys the time machine

All the reboots are just semi-serious asspulls to write more episodes

>that basedboy art instead of just a pic of the crew

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

canada is in north america so. maybe lexx?

are the first 3 series still remastered?

farscape

someone's not going to silicone heaven.

oh come on, cat taking a dump on teh backwards planet is funny as fuck.

Yeah, I never remember laughing while watching it but still enjoying the character interactions and situations.

>farscape
But that's Australian

What would the benefit of an 80s show on Blu-Ray be? Did they keep the original footage and remaster it?

Comedy is obviously subjective and something like Red Dwarf you can watch and just smile at their interactions or for some it can be belly laughs.

as much as this might be fake, i would so love it to be true

>mfw it's a Red Dwarf thread

So what is the GOAT episode?
Polymorph 2? Back to Reality? Gunmen of the Apocalypse? What's your choice.

Attached: wpr46.jpg (2208x1242, 214K)

The old master tapes were lost or something and they just did a HD transfer rather then a full blown remaster. Apparently it's not that much clearer than the DVDs.

>So what is the GOAT episode?

Every single episode from season 4-6.

Attached: red dwarf - Goldeneye tank.webm (480x360, 2.42M)

They ain't lost, they are hidden deep in a BBC staffers loft space for another 30 years until the family discover them and sell the story to The Sun

>posts a season 7 clip

Red Dwarf may have the most variable quality of any show I've ever seen. At its worst you have shit like Kryten's penis and "Have a fantastic period" in season VIII, and at its best you have timeless, comfy classics such as Queeg, Timeslides, White Hole and The Inquisitor ("All in all, today's been a bit of a bummer, hasn't it, sir?"). It's not just a simple of case of "Starts great, then gradually turns shit" either; the first series, while underrated, wasn't the best, and when I caught up with the newer series a while back I was pleasantly surprised by how good some of the episodes were (Mechocracy was probably my favourite). Strange.

and that's a good thing.

Remember when Craig Ferguson played Confidence?

Attached: Craig Ferguson Red Dwarf.jpg (624x483, 48K)

SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

IT'S NO GOOD

I CAN'T SAY IT

I'M GOING TO SAY IT!

S

M

rare

E

E

ARGH

D

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1501211735163.png (331x352, 160K)

>I've never seen one before - no one has - but I'm guessing it's a white hole.

Attached: No_silicon_heaven_by_therealsneakers-d45qtvr.jpg (894x894, 84K)

Would anyone like any toast?

Attached: Talkie Toaster Red Dwarf.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

So what is it

Attached: 37CF98C5-766E-4F9F-B1B2-7EA44BA84F60.jpg (426x319, 23K)

>Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Full of goodness, full of vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other milk, dog's milk.

Attached: Dog's Milk.jpg (480x358, 13K)

These niggas get it.

I also think the season (8?) where they're in prison wasnt that bad. Was good to see the captain back, and the guy from Rome, Rambo and the Hobbit who plays the prison chief was a great addition. The entire scene with BAXTERS ILLEGAL HOOCH is fucking hilarious, along with the basketball game and the drama with the T-Rex.

Attached: 05eaa7f4929b08e8ef0e4c117523a196.gif (359x293, 1.67M)

>A *white* hole?

Attached: Soy_Rimmer.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

are there new episodes yet?

Also S5 is best season.

Attached: Red Dwarf-6.webm (528x400, 1.02M)

Attached: 1523441239493.jpg (498x754, 85K)

>mfw recycled urine champagne. don't even need to carbonate it

>swallows light bee
anyone fancy a vindaloo?

>S07E01 starts with Lister explaining how their future selves can't kill the present selves

>S07E01 ends with future JFK killing present JFK

Fuck I hate Tikka To Ride so much

Attached: file.png (512x356, 267K)

>crypto

The version of Tikka to Ride with the laughter dubbed in is much better. The dialogue is clearly meant to work with it

>pyf when Rimmer is the original snide, cowardly narcissist archetype that Peep Show, The Office, Alan Partridge, Nathan Barley, Inbetweeners and countless other shows all copied but he gets no credit what-so-ever

Attached: rim-me2.gif (320x235, 57K)

What was Mr. Flibble's problem?

Attached: Red Dwarf-Mr Flibble.webm (592x448, 2.29M)

The correct answer is unironically Queeg

So what is it?

>canned laughter is good
>I need other people to laugh to remind me when to laugh because I can't understand the jokes myself

>I think we've experienced this period of time before, sir.

I think they actually screened the episode to a real audience and dubbed it in since the actors didn't want to film in front of a live crowd anymore and the episodes were becoming more and more impossible to film live. Remember that the first six seasons were all filmed in front of an audience.

Also you are being a retard. Take into account what I said; the dialogue is constructed and timed with audience reaction in mind. It is awkward and shit if you take that away. This applies to any kind of audience based comedy, canned or not. It isn't a case of needing to know when to laugh. You probably know that and are just being a disingenuous fuck but I think it's worth saying anyway. If they actually adapted the delivery of the dialogue it might work without laughter, but then it would be a completely different show. As if you'd watch a version of Red Dwarf with the laughter cut out

I just watched a clip of this show. It was not funny. Do you have to watch it as a kid? This is just a nostalgia thing?

I still can't believe the quality of the visual effects on such a low budget. Nothing ever looked that good in Doctor Who. I remember thinking it also looked incredible when the show came back (the first time, in the 90s) and they switched to CG. I've not watched any of those since they aired though, I dread to think how it actually looks compared to modern standards.

>Danny John Jules is a bit of a twat in general.
Years back, my dad was unknowingly parked in his street and got to see him run out of his house with a katana and attack the binmen, shit was in the newspapers, haha.

Also the entire purpose of the show is to get back to earth
>run out of curry
>go back to earth to get some curry
>go back into space

It probably won't work for you out of context since the comedy is extremely character based and if you don't know the characters well it will diminish the comedy. There probably is an element of nostalgia though, and I'm not sure how funny much of it would be to non brits

As I said earlier, insanely variable quality. And depending on the clip, some background on the characters might be necessary to appreciate the joke. Also possible: you just have a shit sense of humour.

I still like it but the humor is predictable after you watch the first two seasons

That's because it was after they swore never to use the time drive again. They didn't go back to Earth because they knew that going back to Earth three millions years before their present time would fuck up causality, and they also didn't want to risk ending up like the entitled fat versions of themselves that the time drive made them into. Lister didn't think getting some curry would fuck things up, but he was wrong. That's why they could never stay on Earth or time travel again.

Good point actually lad I'll give you that

The novels are great and really do the story a service.

You have Red Dwarf, Better Than Life, and then because Rob & Doug fell out, you can read with Last Human or Backwards to finish the series.

Backwards is better by miles.

Attached: Classic-original-Red-Dwarf-novels-Infinity-Welcomes.jpg (400x323, 39K)

Attached: Red Dwarf S06E01 - kiss of the psiren.webm (560x420, 2.76M)

Best bit being how they killed the infiltrating Psiren and Dave 'guitar god' Lister's subsequent whining about being offended by how they saved him.

Attached: latest-1.jpg (956x541, 160K)

>two-pound black ribbed nob-leh

That scene was hot. I remember Jenny Agutter being in an episode, she was still hot even in the 90's.

>Jenny Agutter
Fuck me, I never realised that was her

A white hole?

I hate people who abuse the facilities.

>SMOKE ME A KIPPER! I'LL BE BACK FOR BREAKFAST!

Attached: 1554394525788.png (1080x1080, 1.32M)

Actually it was Psirens which is the episode the webm is from.

Dimension Jump is my all time favourite episode.

Attached: Lily Collins uwot.jpg (605x598, 51K)