Previous

Attached: file.png (824x1240, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IZB3ZclZtZg
youtube.com/watch?v=1OfxlSG6q5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=aIC73xZPLgU
youtube.com/watch?v=zuNtgYtF4FI
youtube.com/watch?v=gyZDZCGQJf8
world-nuclear.org/information-library/safety-and-security/safety-of-plants/safety-of-nuclear-power-reactors.aspx
twitter.com/clmazin/status/1125634188806316033
twitter.com/clmazin/status/1128555521898893312
strawpoll.me/17965540/r
youtube.com/watch?v=Fzz4SuFGWok
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_reactor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what was he thinking in that moment?

Attached: the elephant's foot.jpg (1000x656, 95K)

Attached: csylftybbgh11.jpg (500x688, 100K)

top guy: blyat!
bottom guy: 15,000 fookin Roentgen

Attached: 1557814967082.jpg (2024x1456, 265K)

I just realised that Jared Harris' Dad was Richard Harris. He even sounds like him. Too bad he didnt inherit his fathers good looks, was most likely conceived during his fathers abhorrent alcoholism days.

>tfw a comrade claims the reactor exploded

Attached: kornQuestion.jpg (177x278, 37K)

the core exploded and there are artefacts to be had

THERE WE GO

>Go to 105% on the reactor

youtube.com/watch?v=IZB3ZclZtZg

Attached: captain-viktor-tupolev-film-characters-photo-u1.jpg (280x280, 8K)

>not only knows about the structure of the plant down to the concrete pads before even looking at its plans but also that the bubbler pools were somehow exposed AND filling up with water from the fire brigade in your path
hmmm...

Attached: emily-Emily-Watson.jpg (1200x706, 95K)

*suddenly vomits*

GuysI'm going to look into reactor fou-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (720x720, 268K)

have sex

She's like a 100 scientists composited into a single character. Having a team running around in some institute in Moscow would fuck up the pace.
It isn't the best solution, but keeps the dramatic tension high.

Based anti nuclear propaganda

just gunna fly me helicopter over the smoke plume whats the worse that can happen aye?

>anti-nuclear propaganda
lol, keep on believing that

CYKA

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-14-20h39m55s578.png (1280x640, 672K)

twenty
septillion
bullets

youtube.com/watch?v=1OfxlSG6q5Y

goat speech to pump up the boys to go down in the basement and empty the tanks

Vasily, what's this?

"We have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clin-"

Attached: ss+(2019-05-13+at+07.12.54).jpg (1054x800, 102K)

When you put your hand
into a pile of GOO
that a few minutes before was your best friend's FACE
you'll know what to do

Attached: patton.png (524x240, 194K)

Attached: 956AC990-BD67-471D-9D90-31521F12784D.jpg (1125x1102, 668K)

the 400 dollarydoos wasn't going to do it

She's dead, right?

Write coherently.

i like this wojak

>No millennial understands this link

Attached: play boy nerd girl big tits not your baby (1).jpg (1080x1080, 230K)

How did she know the fire trucks were there? There was a bunch of shit she just walks in and knows. It was annoying. And she's coming off as a know it all. I can understand the purpose of her character is to be an amalgamation of many scientist, but she comes off as infallible, and some what of a plot device to come in and just say convenient shit. If they had spread her character out to be two or three characters of scientist that all come in to voice their opinions and concerns it'd be fine with her as the head of them.

makes one wonder what other catastrophes befell russia in their closed cities but where covered up?

She grabbed the dudes boot hell and carried all his sweaty, dirt covered gear down to the basement in her hands. Yeah man safe to say shes gona be a literal roastie soon.

She knew what reactor blew didn't she?

Discount Pavel Chekov
*ding*
*+1 sin*

sauce on this luscious milksow NOW

Attached: 1515222434143.jpg (500x375, 36K)

But she knew exactly that the fire engines were still there and the water source they were using and blah, blah blah. To convenient.

What are some kinos like Chernobyl?

>invents character to be more inclusive to women

Attached: 1546918833541.png (323x241, 134K)

3.6 Roentgen?

Attached: nananananananaaaaanaaaaanaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (640x480, 64K)

It was the pumps both those guys left on in addition to the water hoses wasn't it?

despite the USSR having more women in STEM positions than the USA at the same time

>she comes off as infallible
we already know she's wrong about the water explosion.

i wonder how amazing and terrifying was venturing into Chernobyl's NPP looking for this cunt and finally finding it

Chernobyl was caused by (((globalists)))

No one knows bro. I tried plebbit and even they didnt know.

youtube.com/watch?v=aIC73xZPLgU
>walks into the radiation zone without a geiger counter
>picks up a soviet era tin can and drinks vodka out of it
What did he mean by this?

Maybe they should have used one of those instead of an OC Mary Sue.

Yea Forums is still watching this cuck propaganda? Reddit really has taken over this place

Vodka cures radiation, obviously.

*AHEM*
FUCK RADIATION
AND
FUCK RBMK REACTORS

Attached: 285.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Cinematography is amazing. I already knew about the incident years ago, so I can just ignore all the crap.

Youre delusional.

It was, in the sense that here was a centrally planned community and the experiment was an example of dangerously out of touch bureaucrats overruling phronesis and the situation on the ground. The Chernobyl crisis developed directly out of structural problems in the Soviet governmental culture.

>make an existing person the composite character
HE/SHE NEVER SAID THAT! REVISIONISM!!!!!
>make the composite character someone completely new
HOW DID SHE KNOW THAT!!! OVERPOWERED MARY SUE!!!!!!

there really is no pleasing you tards

In Soviet Russia, RMBK fucks you!

(Way to easy)

Looks more like a giant cow's shit

So if the reactor didn't explode, why was there a blue light?

>invents a person to play major role in reality based tv-series

Attached: 1552679579460.jpg (550x422, 35K)

feedwater is blue dumbass
it's the only explanation

Cherenkov effect, completely normal at 3.6 rots

Attached: 1546647470785.jpg (912x598, 89K)

Look I didn’t set it up, but I’m sure as shit going to take the opportunity when it lands in front of me.

But they got a reading of 3.6 Roetgan

quick question what's feedwater? is it soviet magic water or something?

Aurora Borealis

Epic!

So? It's no great but it's not horrifying.

>it's a Jared Harris/Adam Nagaitis show

Nobody mentioned this to me you twats

Attached: rb.png (413x549, 237K)

Water you feed the Vacous Nuclear Being

Imagine beating the degeneracy out of her

doesnt matter, just pump it into my reactor

hey guys I've been reading Ukrainians thoughts on this show and they seem to be pretty pissed off about the stars on the helmets of the firefighters and they call those stars propaganda from jews in Odessa?

can anyone shed some light on the stars on the helmets?

also they say Legasov (Jared Harris) had a wife and kids, he wasn't a single cat boy and he was really killed by the KGB which I thought was interesting

overall they seem to enjoy the series and can't wait for the next episode like all of us

oh and also lots of bashing of the SJW Emily Watson character ;)

Attached: 1557321072765.jpg (1920x1080, 977K)

Yes, given one bad option and no alternatives. What unreasonable people. Who have by the way consistently mostly liked the show.

at this time of year?

>Ukrainians say someone was killed by KGB
user, you might as well be getting information about Jews from Arabs. Which is not to say that they're wrong, but they're not credible.

In the northern Ukraine?

How could they see tiny graphite shards on the roof? Isn't the roof black with tar anyway?

Attached: dyatlov chern 4.jpg (1200x1120, 118K)

Not sure if someone already posted it,
but the Helicopter crashing because of radioactive smoke is total bullshit.
IRL it crashed because the rotors caught on the cables of a nearby crane:
youtube.com/watch?v=zuNtgYtF4FI

Attached: GQIgBy9.png (959x547, 269K)

How come their control panel wasn't throwing up hundreds of errors after a massive explosion, Soviet engineering?

Some Ukrainians are now getting triggered by anything Soviet, we need a really big infirmary for them.

the pilot probably crashed due to radiation sickness though

What did they think of the portrayal of incompetent Soviet bureaucrats?

Quick question to those of you who have a problem with the woman:
are you based?

RBMK graphite rods are like 5-6 meters long, some big chunks would be visible probably

Attached: unknown (1).png (680x301, 197K)

Shh, let the normie enjoy their shit taste in characters

youtube.com/watch?v=gyZDZCGQJf8

they already dismissed a bunch of errors and disabled a bunch of safety features while they were setting up for the test.

the control panel was just painted on, the dials dont move

she was talking to the other woman on the phone in code too

comrads, shouldn't the RBMK reactor have a negative void coefficient?

How does a nuclear reactor work?

Attached: hmmm.png (470x454, 11K)

They didn’t design them with the ability to detect the reactor exploded because they didn’t actually think it could happen

are any RBMK reactors still working in ex soviet countries?

With that woman on the show or with women in general?

There are 11 still active in Russia

can you tell me how the core would explode in an RBMK reactor user?

russia has 10 of them, safe as houses

Attached: It's an artifact Misha, put it down.png (1281x635, 1.01M)

can they explode?

No, RBMK reactors do not explode

You show soviet heraldy to a bunch of Ukrainians, they get irritated and start emitting heat

The tension is unbelievable. Recommend shows/movies that have similar feeling

Attached: 1429418282603.jpg (160x204, 6K)

thought so, spreading disinformation like that gets you put in the gulag

more truthful than not and they brought up RBMK reactors had known flaws since the Khrushchev era and should've been converted to the reactor style used in nuclear submarines

> 2-4 megatons because molten fuel contacts water
Are they fucking retarded? Or did someone really say this bullshit to Gorbachev and they put it just to acknowledge the fact that it was said?

Attached: 1_g4zsvHxslR-946bI_twV-w.jpg (400x388, 27K)

unstable atoms get bombarded with neutrons then they decay into different more stable atoms but in the process some mass is lost. The lost mass is released as energy.

Good. Now I know how a nuclear reactor works. I don't need you anymore.

the RBMK reactor has a positive void coefficient. the positive void coefficient means that steam can build up inside the reactor. the reactor will heat up like a pressure cooker and eventually bursts.

>they say Legasov (Jared Harris) had a wife and kids

Mazin talked about this on the podcast, he said he omitted the wife and kids because he thought they would be an annoying distraction

We have a list of people though we think are reponsible for the disinformation

have the safeties improved after the disaster?

Attached: 71723040.jpg (1622x1080, 395K)

They've had some engineering changes to reduce the risk of the inherently bad design. I do mean reduce and not remove. Also procedure and training have been improved. Once you know a Chernobyl can happen it cuts out a lot of the bullshit that caused it.

Someone explain how rbmk reactor explodes

Question, is this show anti Soviet propaganda? What about anti nunclear energy propaganda?

Ahem
The reactor exploded
The radiation level is higher than 3.6
And anyone who says otherwise is the delusional one

That is all

Attached: A7C5CE4A-8AE8-44F3-91B6-1B2928139CAD.jpg (360x290, 47K)

It doesn't, now leave matters of the state to the state and return to your labor

20000 metric tons of radioactive water under pressure in an enclosed space. that's a big fucking explosion, and that not even including the damage it would do to the other reactors.

as I understand the positive void coefficient means steam bubbles in the core actually cause it to increase power output, thus making more heat and more steam, the steam bubbles set it on a feedback loop

neither

Anti-Soviet SJW propaganda

10 years forced labour i think will change your mind

yes comrade mishikov

Alarmist speculation.

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-075352_Chrome.jpg (719x1183, 347K)

>wtf why are you operating on the worst case hypothesis, just let the fuel go into the water cause maybe nothing happens lol, dunno

It's anti-Soviet in so far as it accurately shows the Soviet Union's propensity towards corruption, unaccountability, uselessness and buck-passing and it's anti-nuclear in so far as you shouldn't put that technology in the hands of such people.

the real question is do you trust russians?

I'm really surprised but pleased at the same time about the attention this how is receiving here. Does Yea Forums always had a hidden fascination about nuclear reactors?

based

Attached: delusion poisioning smile.jpg (1280x1411, 314K)

Due to Glorious Soviet Engineering, we can have a positive void coefficient AND save money by not built worthless capitalistic pig disgusting containment structure.

What would Gorbachev do if a random woman showed up uninvited to his top secret meeting and started ranting about how the core would explode like a nuclear bomb?

Attached: chernobyl feminist.jpg (1123x553, 222K)

>You failed to protect that smile

>when the 3.6 roentgens hit

world-nuclear.org/information-library/safety-and-security/safety-of-plants/safety-of-nuclear-power-reactors.aspx

not until kino makes us interested

Really neat scene when the meters started going ape shit.

that's correct. the RBMK reactor got hotter the more steam there was. modern reactors have a negative void coefficient, so more steam cools the reactor.

every kid that did physics in highschool knows about chernobyl

Listen to her intently the same way the checkpoint guard did when they're trying to get 50,000 people out of the same area she wants to get into. #BelieveWomen

The show knows how to really express tenseness.

The writer said he is just using the Soviets as a stand-in for Drumpf. It's a warning about calling journalists fake news.

so far it's more anti soviet than anything. they spend a lot of time show how incompetent they were.

I studied physics in my undergrad. I was a big proponent of nuclear power but I've since changed my mind.

very fast neutron running at incredibly hihg speed

Attached: uranium-u235-chanin-reaction.gif (967x529, 592K)

Gorbachev had a yass wife so was used to it

Attached: RIAN_archive_22379_Raisa_Gorbachev.jpg (901x1024, 437K)

>people who bought HBO subscriptions looking for something else to watch
>commie-shaming in the zeitgeist
>Slav memes and STALKER still somewhat in vogue
>Legitimately one of the best shows of the past decade

It's the perfect storm really

>I am going to kill the reactor
>Ok you can pass

Attached: 1547942088602.jpg (534x516, 23K)

anti-male
twitter.com/clmazin/status/1125634188806316033

is this a shill show? are all these bot posts

when the fuck did this general gain so much traction all of a sudden i only just heard of the show a few days ago and it wasn't anything that great

Attached: vasily.what.dis.jpg (1473x910, 87K)

I got this reference

aaaaand dropped

sad delusional poster

get this man to the infirmary

they're pretty fascinating. I first become interested when I was reading up on the manhatten project and learned about the 2 scientists who died from only seconds of exposure to core they were using for tests.

read a lot then about other incidents where people accidentally got a few too many roentgens, for some reason it's both fascinating and spooky to read about the effects of nuclear energy.

where did all the people on the buses get evacuated to?

twitter.com/clmazin/status/1128555521898893312

Y I K E S

Guys, you do realize the woman character ends up blaming based Jared Harris for the disaster, right?

Post Chernobyl memes.

>temporary vecuation to the cities of Kievskaya oblast

Kek

i run out of memes fren

Attached: 1534126682411.png (2376x1552, 2.06M)

>he kills himself after realizing she was right
powerful

did they actually do everything right or did they fuck up?

These fuckers really can't help themselves, can they?

Seems rather neutral all things considered. Some of the Soviets are shit others are based.

The helicopter crashed due to running into the crane cables in the show as well

Would the Soviets have won if Stalin/Khruschev/Brezhnev/Gorby had been a cute girl?

they fucked up. Akimov tried to stop it and told Dayatlov he was making them fuck it up but he said hey comrade fuck it up or I'll get you fired

what did he do wrong?
even if he knew about the water tanks you still have to put the fire out

It's from a reviewer, I'm trying to find the page now but I posted an image of it last thread.

he was male

Attached: 1557871575333.jpg (720x506, 72K)

>tension
oh boy i sure do wonder if half of europe is going to get wiped out, its so exciting

completely normal phenomenon

hey dumbass

Attached: helicopter hit wires.webm (1280x640, 620K)

>go check the roof
>uhhh I dont feel so good

The only mistake is that the crane wasn't supposed to be there in April.

why cant they just stay the fuck out of it
I just want to like a show without needing to think about fucking politics
god I hate them

why do they ALWAYS need to insert women/minorities into heroic roles that didn't even exist

Sneed

That's actually significant, moving the crash 4 months ahead just because the episode needed more cool moments wasn't a good thing

>tfw historical kino was made and no inclusion of Hinds to overact and belittle Harris
Reminder he would have been a better Shcherbina

Attached: 1552667668424.jpg (810x456, 39K)

From what I understand is they were testing to see if a detached turbine could still pump water into the emergency cooling system at low power levels. Fine enough. Well they planned to reduce power from 3200MW down to 700MW, which is considered the lowest power the station can operate before failing and it's forbidden to go beyond it. One of the operators, Akimov I guess, was either told to go beyond this limit, or made the mistake himself, but the power was reduced to fucking 30MW anyhow. They tried to get the power back up, but only to 200MW, but that was achieved by disabling safety systems and taking out a fuck load of control rods, withdrawing them way too far.

Then the reactor started doing it's job per say, heat up water and convert it to steam. It created more steam, hot even hotter, made more steam, got even hotter, then exploded.

>At the time of its discovery, radioactivity near the Elephant’s Foot was approximately 1,000,000 roentgens

Attached: 1534495748242.jpg (234x215, 5K)

>The stronk woman is entirely fictional

Sounds right

>Why is there light coming out of your reactor?
>Uhhh, Cherenkov radiation?

Not really, its a dramatization not a documentary

How many chest x-rays is that?

We only get 5 episodes. This is what happens.

>The mass is quite dense, unyielding to a drill, but able to be damaged by a Kalashnikov rifle.
Thank Stalin

just a lifetimes worth every hour

Cringe personified.
Just marching in and schooling fucking legasov. From absolute kino to kino with shlock in it in 5 second time.
>you were wrong! You dont have a month!
>2-4 megatons!!
Lmao, what were they thinking?!

3.6 million billion

>delivers accurate remote diagnostics without being in the loop at all
>all it needs is a radiation reading, a phone call that is not answered and a phone call that is answered with code words
She is almost like Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day.

The Terror

what's the closest you've ever come to anything radioactive anons?
>HS chemistry class
>teacher would do all kinds of cool experiments, kept shit like mercury in the class even though he wasn't supposed to
>get to section on radioactivity/isotopes
>he brings out a geiger counter
>he brings out a lead box
>pulls out a few small black rocks with some shiny green spots on them
>counter starts freaking out
it was uranium ore. he explained after that it wasn't really that dangerous and the meter just freaked out cause it maxed out at a low level but it was still pretty cool to see.

Don't think, just enjpoy. And don't be suprised if future history books will have her in it because reasons. Just roll with it.

>The mass is quite dense, unyielding to a drill, but able to be damaged by a Kalashnikov rifle.
kek

>what's the closest you've ever come to anything radioactive anons?
had an x ray

Maybe "atmosphere" is better word.

>Lmao, what were they thinking?!
They didn't. That's their secret.

>It'd be better to have 50 different scientist characters instead of condensing them into one single scientist for narrative purposes

This is what /pol/ actually believes

It'd be nice if the character wasn't a blatant Mary Sue.

This man is delusional.

Attached: image.jpg (524x800, 266K)

There's a nuclear reactor near me right next to a lake that I go kayaking on sometimes. The water near the plant is suspiciously warm

Maybe condense it into one other actual scientist who was already there instead. I mean that would be the smart, non-political thing to do.

The emergency siren voice was kino as fuck, what were they saying in Russian?

Wow /pol/ sounds pretty based when you put it like that. It'd be a great character drama.

>literally take me to your leader because I happen to know and guess some stuff
>weak soviet guardsmen comply
>legasov and sherbina are like "shieet, this random intruiding woman knows like everything, we should listen to her"

the issue with that is then you are ignoring people who are still alive. Making one person look vastly more important. When you have literally hundreds of people working on a problem, you need to use a compound character.

>nemanja, nemanja

the issue was it was being run at low power for a long time, I think day shit started to wind it down before they left, so when they finally were ready to run the test they had poisoned the reactor. basically there's a byproduct that will build up on the rods and it suppresses the reactions but under normal conditions it's burned off as fast as it's produced so it doesn't really matter, at low power though it builds up.

that's why the power went too low and then dyatlov started telling them to do stupid shit to get it back up again fast like pulling out almost all of the rods and slowing down the coolant pumps. Once the shit coating the rods burned off the power spiked and they got steam bubbles which put them into a feedback loop thanks to brilliant soviet engineering.

Mr Robot.

>There is nothing to worry about
>Please return to your everyday activities
>Your local Communist Party functionaries have everything in hand

Then everyone was like "lol that means shit's fucked let's get out of here"

strawpoll.me/17965540/r

just think of a world without women and darkies and the kino we could have

not really nuclear but I used to live right next to one of the most hazardous toxic waste dumps in North America.

The writer chose poorly if that was his intention.

Attached: image.jpg (565x540, 183K)

we would all be gay then wtf?!

Physics course at uni (really beginners stuff), had to confirm the inverse square law and other shit as training, used Co60 in a container.

Later in an adavanced biochemistry class used fairly dangerous P32 in phosphate as a marker to study enzyme activity.

>The writer said he is just using the Soviets as a stand-in for Drumpf.
wtf I hate Chernobyl now

If this was made 15 years ago, it would be exactly the same but the writer would claim they were stand-ins for Bush.

I had to use a radioactive sample to calibrate our detectors in the physics lab. It was considered so dangerous it had to be stored in a lead lined safe when it wasn't being used. I carried that around the department several times in my bare hands.

SHE'S GOT THE RADIO ACTIVE
AND IT MAKES ME FEEL OKAY
(I DON'T FEEL OKAY)

Attached: slanted.jpg (1000x983, 382K)

It would be much better if same legasov figuered it all out or with help of guys who were involved. Like you know, he basicaly did in real life.

The fucked up, big time m8.

Attached: 1556575904981.png (1280x720, 795K)

Attention, Dear Comrades! The City Council of People’s Deputies reports that an unfavorable radiation situation is developing in connection with the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in the city of Pripyat. Party and Soviet bodies, military units are taking the necessary measures. However, in order to ensure complete safety of people, and, above all, children, there is a need to conduct a temporary evacuation of city residents to nearby settlements of the Kiev region. To do this, every apartment building today, on April twenty-seven, starting from fourteen zero-zero hours, will be served by a bus accompanied by police officers and representatives of the city executive committee. It is recommended to take with you documents, essential things, as well as, for the first time, food. The leaders of enterprises and institutions have determined a circle of workers who remain in place to ensure the normal functioning of the city’s enterprises. All residential buildings for the period of evacuation will be guarded by police officers. Comrades, temporarily leaving your home, please do not forget to close the windows, turn off electrical and gas appliances, turn off the water taps. We ask to keep calm, orderliness and order during the temporary evacuation.

Can I take my Doggo with me?

Attached: 1557822941797.png (912x972, 1.12M)

post Nuclear Power Stations from your cunt

Attached: CANDU.png (580x386, 327K)

Please dont....

>RIP Pupper

Attached: 1544424430117.jpg (1080x720, 47K)

Attached: clinton-hero-2.jpg (2400x855, 254K)

>post Nuclear Power Stations from your country

Attached: 40_main_new.1524724440.jpg (610x343, 68K)

replace the music with this
youtube.com/watch?v=Fzz4SuFGWok

I just marathoned the first episode lads, absolute kino of the highest order
Does anyone have a screenshot of Dyatlov vomiting?

I live in patagonia and we visited the Balseiro nuclear institute here in argieland, we got to stand on top of the reactor and see the blue light way below. Pic related, was pretty neat.

Its a small 1MW experimental reactor though, so not a huge thing, but still made me want to study physics for a while.

Attached: 2012-10-05 10.33.29.jpg (1600x1200, 242K)

It's the water that is being heated up by nuclear fuel and then converted to steam. Steam powers a turbine and this is how nuclear power plants make electricity

Looking good

Damn that's eerie. Cool field trip

Explain to this brainlet about this negative/positive void coefficient please lads

Attached: pepothedumb.jpg (250x150, 7K)

I visitied this thing as a kid

Attached: 1280px-Kernkraftwerk_Brokdorf_2006_(cropped).jpg (1280x783, 162K)

Good, now I know what feedwater is. I don't need you anymore.

And there were thousands of liquidators, but you don't make Chad McBeeflarge digging all the shit by himself.

just a prank bro from a nuclear power plant close to me

In 1990, assistant plant operator Daniel George Maston was charged after he took a sample of heavy water, contaminated with tritium, a radioactive isotope of hydrogen, from the moderator system and loaded it into a cafeteria drink dispenser.[13] Eight employees drank some of the contaminated water.[14] One individual who was engaged in heat stress work, requiring alternating work, rest, and re-hydration periods consumed significantly more than the others. The incident was discovered when employees began leaving bio-assay urine samples with elevated tritium levels, one with particularly unusually high levels. The quantities involved were well below levels which could induce heavy water toxicity, but several employees received elevated radiation doses from the tritium and activated chemicals in the water. It is believed that Maston intended the exposure to be a practical joke, whereby the affected employees would be required to give urine samples daily for an extended length of time.[15]

Not my country but I grew up 25 miles from this thing. The phonebook used to have a full page dedicated to instructions in the event of a undescribed "emergency."

Attached: ENJHANWGY5EBTNILTQ4GH4NVMA.jpg (1000x667, 282K)

How does an RBMK reactor explode though?

Typical day at the Black Mesa

Based

i dont know........... but it did

yes, they have updated all RBMK reactors after Legasov an heroed

Attached: rbmkupdate.png (1723x256, 44K)

If I tell you you won't need me anymore.

I know concrete.

Having a negative coefficient means steam in the tank around the core makes it cool down. Positive means it makes it heat up. Obviously positive is stupid since it sets off a feedback loop of more heat and more steam. You don't want the water in that tank turning to steam so you want the reactor to cool down if there is any

Have sex

With me

Mutants aren't rea-

Attached: 1920px-Kiev-UkrainianNationalChernobylMuseum_15.jpg (1920x1440, 578K)

is it kino?

>hot thing
>put water on to make cool
>water turn steam bubble (void)
>void no good at cooling thing
>thing gets hotter
>water gets voider

ENOUGH

IT DIDN’T

Now that I think of it the Locke movie had a similar vibe of tension.

Attached: locke2.jpg (1808x790, 789K)

Attached: IMG_4979.png (576x246, 181K)

I didn't think for a second this guy was just going to start barreling down the wrong side of the highway, just a guy talking about concrete all night.

Yes

>Doggo
Sharik or Bobik

Attached: 1250840186146.jpg (300x395, 11K)

is that a dog?

Based trips

Oh I should add this thing is subsidized by my retarded state government now because natural gas prices are so low it can't compete.

>barreling down the wrong side of the highway
He was in Britain, it's normal

I live about 25 km from this shitshow of "french engineering", hopefully they'll close it down soon because it constantly has problems and is their oldest and shitiest NPP.

Attached: fessenheim.jpg (1024x673, 67K)

Legasov refused to believe the meltdown was bad for the first two days, spouted the party line for a whole year afterwards, then became the martyr against the Soviet system

fuck him, the other scientists were the ones who figured everything out

Infa how many %?

It's a pig

>be Australia
>hold ~30% of the world's Uranium
>no natural disasters outside of bush-fires
>retarded politicians cock block nuclear energy at every stage

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: file.png (830x557, 583K)

hi doggo

Xenon gas build up

I know, right? I can't imagine living like a /pol/tard. No wonder they are non-functional 'people' - with so much hate and looking to be offended from every little thing they perceive. They are the same as SJW's.

Characters like Dale from KoTH are there to be laughed at, but some people clearly didn't get the message.

>be Australia
>sell uranium to dubious 2nd world nations

Dude you have 25 mil people over a ridiculously large territory and can't even export that shit

like 90% of the population lives on the (tsunami free) coasts with the vast majority of that being in the capital cities

>libs keep trying to reopen coal stations when it's more than twice the cost of renewable per kilowatt/hr
can't boomers just learn to fit into another industry

Why didn't they just use unobtainium?

Attached: 1555717472240.jpg (640x775, 67K)

It's funny how these green protests caused so much environmental damage because we have to use coal instead.

Attached: 1527990056429.jpg (700x467, 101K)

Attached: helpiammutate.jpg (2048x1152, 227K)

>he power was reduced to fucking 30MW anyhow

30MW is basically a reactor shutdown. At this power level the chain reaction is no longer ongoing, but you can't just stop U-235 from decaying.
This is one of the reasons nuclear power plants are so complicated and it's also what caused Fukushima - even when you shutdown the reactor, the fuel needs to be cooled constantly.

They couldn't obtain it

Auzzies are retards, it is to be expected.

Uub wasn't made until 1996

Attached: IMG035.jpg (2048x1536, 538K)

>and they seem to be pretty pissed off about the stars on the helmets of the firefighters and they call those stars propaganda from jews in Odessa?
>can anyone shed some light on the stars on the helmets?
The writer said the fire fighter outfits on display at some muscuem had them and such was accurate.

>all these kino stations
>nearest to me looks like shit

Attached: Heysham.jpg (2537x1427, 682K)

>Be America
>Second largest energy consumer in the world
>Build nuclear plants at a time when arabs are cucking us with oil prices
>develop new oil drilling techniques where natural gas is basically a waste product
>nuclear plants now too expensive to keep
>abandoned facilities being sold off by realtors

Must suck to not be American

What if your cunt runs on coal?

we mine and export the stuff bro

coalburners get out
only allowed to post ITT if your country has at least ONE nuclear power station

No power stations here, just a research reactor.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_reactor

Attached: nucleardesert.png (497x384, 443K)

Attached: tumblr_prfbnwxAvl1qdz4t1_640.jpg (600x732, 88K)

get out

Has there ever been another TV series that has gone from masterpiece to utter shite in the 2nd episode?

And still pay 4-5x times more for electricity at the worst.

there's also an unfinished VVER reactor. Construction stopped as people freaked out over Chernobyl. They didn't want a Ruski design, even though it was not RBMK

Attached: 2-8.jpg (1920x1440, 416K)

>imagine not being a blue country
>imagine being a BLACK faggot country

lmao!!!

Attached: sLyKsUI.jpg (1701x910, 209K)

2nd episode was great

Attached: chernobyl.s01e02.720p.webrip.x264-tbs.mkv_snapshot_00.59.01_[2019.05.15_05.09.12].jpg (1280x640, 482K)

Attached: tumblr_pri3zmdfgP1qzwoilo8_540.gif (540x375, 2.96M)

I'm a burger, I just had to make a coal burner joke.

Italians can't even manage their municipal waste. Swearing off nuclear power was probably the right call.

kek
even a third world shithole like my country almost got nuclear

Attached: bataan nuclear.png (1679x318, 78K)

>DUDE I SAW ONE PIC FROM /pol/ ABOUT NAPLES AND NOW IM AN EXPERT LMAO

>Africans planning reactors

Attached: 1556181845668.jpg (1920x1080, 183K)

>we need to dump 5 tonnes of sand on the reactor NOW
>sweating chinaman.jpg

Are you serious? Or just ignoring the 50+ minutes of shite because of a good scene at the end?

>I'm a sick fuck I love a quick fuck

stars confirmed real

Attached: 145000477614761173.jpg (768x855, 396K)

woah is that 1080p Empire of Dust?

AKW Zwentendorf

Attached: 1920px-Zwentendorf_-_Kraftwerk_(1).jpg (1920x1281, 475K)

Imagine being this stupid that you can't appreciate kino.

>Hey let's build a nuclear plant
>OK. Where shall we put it?
>On the faultline next to the volcano sounds good

>real chernobyl contest
>leader of vote

Attached: 15579076105241.png (891x584, 611K)

If I can't appreciate kino, then why did I enjoy the first episode? The 2nd ep had real problems, you're just in denial. Acceptance will come soon.

What exactly was wrong with the 2nd ep then?

>Soviet Stavka has any shade of doubts if's willing to sacrifice three people

Attached: 1488168785531.jpg (981x899, 102K)

Not enough feedwater

the country is run by retards
we just voted more retards into congress last monday
please understand

What the fuck is Germany's problem?

Probably switching to some meme like solar power roads and such that are coming up hot.

Can't risk anything when approaching 10% muslim

>Two proposals were submitted by reputable energy companies — General Electric and Westinghouse Electric. General Electric submitted a proposal containing detailed specifications of the nuclear plant and estimated it to cost US$700 million. On the other hand, Westinghouse submitted a lower cost estimate of US$500 million, but the proposal did not contain any detail or specification.[9]

>The presidential committee tasked to oversee the project preferred General Electric's proposal, but this was overruled by Marcos in June 1974 who signed a letter of intent awarding the project to Westinghouse, despite the absence of any specifications on their proposal.[9] By March 1975, Westinghouse's cost estimate ballooned to US$1.2 billion without much explanation. The National Power Corporation would later construct only one nuclear reactor plant for US$2.3 billion.[9]

LMAOOOOOOOO, what, did Westinghouse do a song and dance act to secure the gig like Lyle Lanley did for his monorail?

>did Westinghouse do a song and dance act to secure the gig like Lyle Lanley did for his monorail?

They probably made 20 virgins do the dance for them each carrying a briefcase with money and cocaine for Marcos.

kek

probably came to Marcos' office to suck his dick

Attached: andy king fyre.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Attached: paks.jpg (700x467, 102K)

Did this woman exist? I know nothing of chernobyl but the moment I saw "le wise woman who knows more than men" I immediately assumed it was some cringe OC shoehorned into the show to show men how it's done. Am I just being misogynist or is hbo shoving feminist propaganda down my throat?

THe latter. There were smart women involved but instead of using one of them they just condensated them and a bunch of other male scientists into one single paragon of womanhood for the sake of both simplifying the narrative and having the female character they needed for their quotas in order to get the show approved most likely.

yeah they had to make those 99 dudes and one female a female character.
inb4havesex.