Why is modern CGI so fucking BAD?

Why is modern CGI so fucking BAD?

Attached: C5D3786F-ADFC-49F8-B642-38AB89F80586.jpg (1280x720, 273K)

depends, some cant be good
of course not capeshit in any form for sure

>fuck it, why refine this product? The retards will pay to see it anyway

This. It's cheap to make something that's passable, and people will pay for it because of the brand name, so there's no incentive to spend more money on improving it.

Its not, cgi has been getting exponentially better every year you retard.

There are 3 things, quality price and speed, you can only choose 2 blah blah blah...

racist fuck

blade runner 2049 was fine

Different studios, different budgets, different time constraints, etc. It's not like a single shop is producing it all.

A combination of two things: it hasn't been perfected yet and it's being way overused.

It's the best it's ever been, but of course you need the right people and resources/time for it to be good.

CGI isn't getting worse, it's only that capeshit/Disney studios figured out that their viewers don't give a fuck about that, so why even bother wasting time and money?

It's simple, Disney and capeshit studios make fast food like flicks while yelling at their chinese rendering slaves to render faster, while for example in BR2049 Villeneuve and MPC the visual effects company literally worked for an entire year just on that single Rachael shot alone.

Attached: br2049_rachael_mpc4.webm (1920x1080, 2.7M)

How does the CGI of Revenge of the Sith somehow suck the hardest out of the whole trilogy?

It doesn't, the CGI in Attack of the Clones is far far far worse.

The CIA doesn’t want you to know about ultraCGI that can make you believe anything is real so they capped the graphics of MSM movies to keep the masses’ expectations low.

It's because of how much of it they're using.

The knockout examples almost always consistently only used CG effects when it was absolutely necessary. It's sparse. More time could be put in to perfecting it. But now summer blockbusters are made for way too much money now and everything must be in excess.

The Jews in charge keep switching out the productive white men for diversity hires.

Attached: 1471119746932.jpg (750x960, 146K)

People are used to video games and think it's totally fine if something looks that way.

holy shit thats cool

Director:
>I WANNA DO EXPLODEY THING WITH ALL THE STUFF BUT I HAVE NO TALENT AND GOT THIS JOB FROM MY RABBI
FX/Pyro Team:
>cool! First we're gonna have to do this, then set it up like that, so you can shoot it like this and it'll look really fucking cool-
Director:
>FUCK THAT SHIT, THAT SOUNDS LIKE ACTUAL WORK, ANIMATE IT
CGI Team:
>Yes comrade!

Director:
>I WANNA MAKE A CAPESHIT BUT ALSO GO HOME AT 1:30 EVERY TUESDAY TO FUCK MY STEPDAUGHTER
Makeup/Costume Team:
>Cool! We can put the actor in this sickassed working suit we built with prosthetics here and here and if plan out your dialogue sequences well and shoot it from here, it'll look really good-
Director:
>FUCK THAT SHIT, THAT SOUNDS LIKE ACTUAL WORK, ANIMATE IT
CGI Team
>Yes comrade!

This continues on until you have a guy in a green suit standing in front of a green screen talking to a pong ball.

Pretty much this. Practical effects are becoming too “impractical” for most directors now

Why won't Disney just bite the bullet and make capeshit into animated movies? They are 90% CGI anyways, is it really worth having actor's 50 year old faces painted over them?

Attached: 28da5c5b999e311958e4533295c04d6b.png (188x183, 71K)

Then who will go on Jimmy Kimmel and advertise the flick?

I actually use the first transformers from 2007 as the bar for what should be expected from big blockbuster cgi. If that lackluster piece of shit movie has more convincing cgi than a new, big hollywood movie, the movie fails in all regards. The producer most likely has no idea how to use the budget, and therefore the movie can go fuck itself.

because animated movies are permanently associated with children
any attempt to make animated stuff for adults is done either as a gimmick or done straight but embraced only by man-children
they'd completely lose the casual audience by doing anything other than live-action

Most adults I know don't really watch movies/have any interest in movies beyond what they've heard or read about in the news, or heard from a friend. Regular ass 9-5 adults should never be the main audience for a movie, because it simply wouldn't be economically smart. Children, teens and manbabies is a much better market.

I thought the original Transformers movie was pretty good.

>they'd completely lose the casual audience by doing anything other than live-action

I'm waiting for the moment some studio pulls an entirely CGI film out of their ass, and literally nobody can tell it's not the 'usual summer blockbuster' until the director pulls a 'Gotcha' once the numbers finally roll in.

I can see why the original audience of the old cartoons were let down, but as a children/teen movie it was pretty aight.

>Most modern CGI, not all.
Cameron makes sure his movies dont look like shit.... well same goes for most CGI WETA does desu.

Attached: rosasplit1.jpg (2068x980, 111K)

Why is modern capeshit so bad?