/RBMK/ Chernobyl - New episode in 3,6 minutes

There's more tripfags than they're saying. We have waifus here. We have cunnies. I say, we evacuate the board.

Previous:

Attached: Kl9URR6.png (439x451, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7aMcKinrWY
youtube.com/watch?v=U0lHseKMLkA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SL-1
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-story-the-deadly-anthrax-outbreak-russia-didnt-want-the-21471
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sverdlovsk_anthrax_leak
youtube.com/watch?v=yrW4jkQdmjI
youtube.com/watch?v=pM8OyBBoUhg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elephant's_Foot
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Pripyat_1986.ogg
link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-94-011-3816-1_2
sciencephoto.com/media/596474/view/chernobyl-helicopter-crash-1986
youtube.com/watch?v=6OeqiPxIveM
bustle.com/p/ulana-khomyuk-from-chernobyl-is-not-based-on-a-real-person-but-emily-watsons-character-is-important-all-the-same-17304139
physiciansofchernobyl.org.ua/eng/books/Karpan/Chernobyl_trial.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1393633450853_zpse273390b.jpg (450x450, 202K)

Reminder that a nuclear fission reactor is a tremendous alchemical laboratory dedicated toward harnessing the power of creation itself and anybody that forgets this deserves what's coming to them.

Attached: Reactor Hall 2.jpg (1976x720, 554K)

will 4channel ever be as good as Yea Forums was pre-2010

Attached: ch15.jpg (1200x630, 552K)

why are germanoids so weak?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 17.25.53.png (1280x800, 998K)

Is that stalker monolith

God I hope Ulana picks up a pickaxe and shows those dumb military boys how to dig a hole.

Attached: E227CF64-5805-42FC-B130-77962A2307E9.jpg (600x600, 49K)

Did the reactor explode?

Attached: 1428737750786.jpg (600x337, 31K)

Put your faith in the board OP, and you will be rewarded

>please clap

will I have a big titty ruski gf someday?

This
>not bathing with your kids in radioactive fallout

user.. you would like to penetrate my lower biological shield wouldn't you?

Attached: 1557698029420.jpg (1910x954, 149K)

Are my dubs real?

This is a fair point. The composite character idea I'm fully behind, it just seems a little ridiculous that this composite fictional character is given credit for this. They could have written it in a more delicate way, a way which doesn't insult the real heroes involved. By making her a very independent and strong figure, they're essentially giving HER that moment.
>I'd say have sex but just kill yourself
Bit harsh. I am a total fucking loser, but I don't go to /pol/, I'm not a nazi or a woman hater. I just felt off-put by the fact that they made a fictional character so vital to the story. The fact that it is a woman makes it worse, not gonna lie, just because of how underrepresented they are in that field. But I still love the show, I'm not an ideologue that is now going to hate it because of something like this.

Attached: 796542.jpg (960x960, 207K)

based and mysticpilled

How was last night’s episode fellers? I couldn’t watch, it was past my bedtime

>They could have written it in a more delicate way, a way which doesn't insult the real heroes involved. By making her a very independent and strong figure, they're essentially giving HER that moment.
Well that's why they're doing a companion podcast and explainer show.

they're drinking vodka don't even have food on the table, based alcoholism

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-14-18h27m40s091.png (1280x640, 719K)

The fire that they saw should’ve been blue and red not yellow:

>Aleksandr Kudryavtsev and Viktor Proskuryakov, the SIUR trainees from other shifts, were present to watch Toptunov and learn. After the explosion they were sent by Dyatlov or Akimov to the central hall to turn the handles of the system for manually lowering of the presumably seized control rods. They ran through the deaerator gallery to the right to the VRSO unit elevator, found it destroyed, so climbed up the staircase instead, towards Level 36; they missed Kurguz and Genrikh, who used another stairwell. Level 36 was destroyed, covered with rubble. They went through a narrow corridor towards the central hall, entered the reactor hall, and found it blocked with rubble and fragments; dangling fire hoses were pouring water into the remains of the reactor core, the firemen not there anymore. The Upper Biological Shield was slanted, jammed into the reactor shaft; a blue and red fire raged in the hole. The minute the two stood above the reactor was enough to darken their bodies with “nuclear tan” and give them a fatal radiation dose. They returned to Level 10 and to the control room, reporting the situation; Dyatlov insisted they were wrong, the explosion had been caused by hydrogen-oxygen mixture in the 110m3 emergency tank and the reactor itself was intact.

It's Ukraine, vodka is much safer to drink than water.

Friendly reminder that people fighting over who won the space race aren't interested in actual science, just mindless chest-thumping patriotism.

That said, the Soviets are the only ones to have successfully taken pictures from the surface of Venus and I hope that changes soon because either those photos are really crappy or nobody's uploaded higher resolution scans (by which I mean the several megapixel kind NASA gives you) of them because I sure as hell can't find any.

Attached: wm7fc7vebbb01.jpg (998x500, 62K)

americans are eating even on bar table?

Attached: comrade.jpg (1916x1079, 306K)

And a bit more for closure:

>Kudryavtsev and Proskuryakov were ordered by Dyatlov or Akimov to manually lower the presumably seized control rods. Tregub went to report the extent of damage to the control room. Despite Yuvchenko’s explanation that there were no control rods left, the four climbed a stairwell to Level 35 to survey the damage; Yuvchenko held open the massive door into the reactor room and the other three proceeded in to locate the control rod mechanism; after no more than a minute of surveying the reactor debris, enough for all three to sustain fatal doses of radiation, they returned, their skin darkened with “nuclear tan” in reaction to the high dose of radiation. The three were the first to die in the Moscow hospital. Yuvchenko meanwhile suffered serious beta burns and gamma burns to his left shoulder, hip and calf as he kept the radioactive-dust-covered door open. It was later estimated he received a dose of 4.1 Sv. At 03:00, he began vomiting intensely; by 06:00, he could no longer walk. He later spent a year in the Moscow hospital receiving blood and plasma transfusions and received numerous skin grafts.

>they're essentially giving HER that moment
What moment, she was there for like 3 minutes and didn't do shit.
>BUT MUUH FEMALE CAN'T HAVE A ROLE !!!!!!!
have sex

>*irradiates your path*

happiness

Attached: 21111.jpg (1200x816, 260K)

roll

>caring about space at all
it's humanity's only way to cope with the fact we're fucked and there's nothing we can do about it

I wish for the Zone to expand.

usually you need to eat something after shots to remove aftertaste and don't get wasted too fast

Imagine being a still alive liquidator, having to live your life since as a cripple for the last 30 years only to learn that your survival was only thanks to this strong womyn. Good thing she actually existed, otherwise Europe would be gone.

Attached: veryimportantcharacter.jpg (1280x868, 132K)

Is a polished version of Call of Chernobyl ever coming?

reminder that radiation is a meme and that not all of us are mutants here in chernobyl

> The fact that it is a woman makes it worse
In your opinion

> just because of how underrepresented they are in that field
Actually there were a lot of women scientists in the USSR. While it was a repressive society they seemed to value certain mental skills over any misogyny as it improves the perceived power of the state. It's similar how the USSR had the best male and female chess players back then.

>can't even cope with existential crisis
off yourself

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

not a thing here in bars, only in pubs

BTFO

>do you get jail time for torrents in your country?
I could get huge fines
>torrents?
I'm a pirate at heart but it's hard to be on ein the middle of Western Europe
>I just took a HBO trial.
it's a 5 part miniseries, so there's almost 4 weeks to go
>hbo go
not available in my region
Sad state of affairs, gentlemen.

Attached: 1537786069719.png (696x618, 338K)

What is the effect of ionizing radiation on a female breast?

Attached: boobobobobo.webm (640x360, 1.2M)

For those who don't believe that some schmuck could rise up to the top of he communist system, take a look at the fucker in the picture and who he's sitting next to. He started out as a cobbler's apprentice and couldn't even do that properly. When he was born, his peasant father got so drunk he forgot he already had a son named Nicolae so he named the second one Nicolae as well.

Attached: Queen-Ceausescu-2500x1667[1].jpg (2500x1667, 452K)

why dont they dump iodine on the uranium

It’s a fake character in a historical drama, fuck off revisionist. This show is not a 10/10 so no need to be so defensive of its blatant SJW propaganda.

Imagine being a 30y old virgin
no wait, you don't have to imagine that

atleast she looks smart, they could get young thot instead to attract more virgins

That thing measured at about 1000000 roentgens

>overpopulation, environmental collapse, and lack of resources is existential
you're an idiot

No, but we'll get a nice scene with miners slapping Legasov on his nice suit,

Attached: miners.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

I did not know that, helps knowing this, desu.
I'll try and improve, user. I don't wanna be one of them.

I'm sure their lives are ruined by this show and not due to the incident itself.

2 episodes are done, 3 to go. Just in time to grab the free month.

>also, the whole world would have been destroyed, if not for one incredibly brave and stronk and independent womyn who figured out everything even though she barely had any information and basically all the men were stupid and mean and probably didnt even have sex, aka the dreaded incel which is probably in fact what leads to nuclear accidents in the first place

Here you have. This is just from radiotherapy for breast cancer.

Attached: PMC4255836_umj0083-0158-f5.png (370x283, 248K)

It seems the threat of a 3 megaton explosion was real holy shit

Yuvchenko recently passed away... had a hard life after the accident but he was one of the lucky ones

If only we had believed women bros. We were so wrong. Stupid patriarchy!

Attached: 4000633E-3D80-4B71-BA95-C6FFEF276AD9.jpg (680x932, 95K)

>A yearly stipend of 400 rubles
Anybody wanna quickpill me on this? It's fucking 6 bucks.

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E02.Please.Remain.Calm.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_00.55.51.041.jpg (1920x1080, 954K)

Are there any good spooky Chernobyl movies?
Chernobyl Diaries was fucking trash.

Attached: 1546358862440.png (441x559, 160K)

A tripfag being the most annoying and retarded poster in a thread.

Mild shock.

I need more Reactor-Chan. I want to worship her glow.

RIP. He’s in the NPP in Heaven now.

never realized how fucking huge the new chernobyl containment structure is. must have cost a fortune building this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=n7aMcKinrWY

youtube.com/watch?v=U0lHseKMLkA

play STALKER and reach the power plant

No, it's 400 rubles comrade.

>The fact that it is a woman makes it worse, not gonna lie, just because of how underrepresented they are in that field.
I can understand that but only because in the west something like 10% of women are engineers, while in the SU it was 60%. Poorer countries in general tend to have more women engineers and scientists because they need the money to have any kind of independence while in the west they don't.

If anyone wants to read about a us nuclear accident, the sl1 accident was pretty interesting and the reason why the army doesn't do nuclear power
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SL-1

The conversion rate was totally different.

It was also difficult to actually calculate because there was no official conversion rate since you couldn't legally convert rubles into dollars, but it would've been quite a bit of money.

And yet female nuclear physicists were nowhere near 50%

It’s a historical drama and you will get called out for your historical inaccuracies. Deal with it.

At that time, liquidators were given 100 rubles which was the equivalent of around 75 dollars. Nowadays the ruble is shit.

>Tfw sacrifice yourself to save almost half of europe from continuous dangerous dozes of background radiation for the next millenias, altering world history for the greater good
>Tfw no one cares afterwards

Attached: woj.jpg (406x550, 32K)

in 86 it was like 3-4 average monthly salaries

They made France and Germany pay for it kek.

Attached: impossible.png (1912x968, 3.05M)

Attached: chao.gif (285x235, 954K)

The Stalker games were great but very dated now. I've heard the latest Metro game comes the closest since then but I refuse to buy from Epic.

Play STALKER

Well now, before they die, they can at least take small solace in the fact that future generation will remember their sacrifice, so, in a way, it wasn't in vain. Oh wait, right YAAAAS QUEEEN!

why was the sacrifice needed? oh yeah...

How are they dated? They still play better than most RPGs and have better gunplay than most shooters. Graphics are still good too with a decent rig and some mods.

>dated
not really, patches fix everything and you have modpacks too

>During the accident the core power level reached nearly 20 GW in just four milliseconds

Attached: JIGGAWATTS.png (625x390, 135K)

Jugglers and singers require applause.

play stalker

Use gold it's universal conversation medium. and report back

Attached: 1557846229808.png (850x637, 510K)

What happened to the three workers who went in at the end? Did they die?

So what? What's the cutoff you would be happy with - 40%? 30%? 20%?

episode 2 > episode 1

Good one

It was believed for many years (in the West) they died but they actually survived. Two are still alive today.

should I do it

>tfw getting pizza and beer for tonight when I get home to watch kinobyl
comfy

They all lived. Here's one of them (Alexei Ananenko) in April 2018 receiving a medal.

Attached: 1fVxCAL[3].jpg (630x360, 39K)

Maybe 35%. Still a retarded character no matter the gender.

what a cunt

Attached: 35865449-an-image-of-the-metaphor-of-being-thrown-under-the-bus-.jpg (1264x1288, 194K)

They honestly shouldn't have even included it I mean I guess it was only declassified recently and does it even really matter? I saw the reactor for what it was in the first episode, a true monster. I didn't need this bit about blowing up and rendering half of europe uninhabitable. That shot where the guy looks back into the camera with the smoke billowing behind and his face has changed, and hes so doomed and full of despair. The show was in the moment absolute weapons grade kino and thats all they needed, that monster, and its bureaucratic enablers and the hapless plant workers its victims.

And unfortunately last nights episode got way off the tracks, and the spectrum way too broad to really stay interesting. I mean did we really need a scene where a scientist explains nuclear power to Gorbachev? Did we need Gorbachev at all? I dont think so. The local commies were way more interesting. They're in an actual plight, and the stakes for them are much higher. Gorbachev mainly only seemed butthurt that Ronnie Reagan might be making fun of him behind his back. Yeah, last nights episode was not good.

And get rid of the woman. In fact, get rid of all the women. They're not needed.

Attached: fdpplcl.jpg (717x714, 140K)

"no"

the USSR didn't keep track of the percentage of women physicists because incels were liquidated as a class. The number of women engineers was 60% however, and there is no reason to suspect nuclear physicists were an exception

Give me your dead cumrades..

Attached: 1557787717365.png (707x1080, 787K)

nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-story-the-deadly-anthrax-outbreak-russia-didnt-want-the-21471

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sverdlovsk_anthrax_leak

I'd watch.

10 000.

> Still a retarded character no matter the gender.
Now that's an argument we could have a sensible discussion about.

you're not getting anywhere near the dangerzone anyways so im not telling you

Attached: jaredharrisfeat-770x433.jpg (770x433, 43K)

good

I gave the last one 9/10, but episode 2 is a 7/10.

Sound and design is great, but holy fuck the dialogue took a nose dive. Like the extremely awkward first year movie students esque scene with the iodine pills. Or the embarrassing helicopter scene and then landing scene, when the beaurocrat gives the CNPP manager that twist.

Will I finally get a gf this year?

Attached: 97509DA5-C049-4B7B-8167-B3B847D6C490.jpg (960x960, 411K)

So why the safety measures was pull down the Boro sticks if those had graffite at the tip and this was worse than let the reactor melt?

>No it's not the reason

Then why do other Soviet designs feature a containment vessel? This was designed before Chernobyl

>Full physical containment structures for each reactor would have more than doubled the cost and construction time of each plant, and since the design had been certified by the Soviet nuclear science ministry as inherently safe when operated within established parameters the Soviet authorities assumed proper adherence to doctrine by workers would make any accident impossible. Additionally, RBMK reactors were designed to allow fuel rods to be changed without shutting down (as in the pressurized heavy water CANDU reactor), both for refueling and for plutonium production (for nuclear weapons). This required large cranes above the core. As the RBMK reactor is very tall (about 7 m (23 ft 0 in)), the cost and difficulty of building a heavy containment structure prevented the building of additional emergency containment structures for pipes on top of the reactor.

holy damn that ending.

did that happen for real? did all their flashlights die?

>were great
They still are.
Don't judge games based on their age user, other wise you'll miss out on some fantastic vidya kino like the Homeworld series.
youtube.com/watch?v=yrW4jkQdmjI
youtube.com/watch?v=pM8OyBBoUhg

One of the core
One of the concrete

Attached: 1557837054098.jpg (348x421, 98K)

yes, but I'm not sure if it was due to radioactivity

Forgot pic related - this is VVER-1000, a pre-Chernobyl Soviet nuclear power plant design with a containment structure

Attached: vver1000.gif (750x623, 129K)

yes

It was a disaster with potential global implications of course they're not just going to focus on the lives of minor officials.

>4. never

Attached: I'm already dead.jpg (960x960, 260K)

внимaниe внимaниe
BHИMAHИE BHИMAHИE
внимaниe внимaниe

is radiation causing these image artifacts?

>get rid of all the women.
No, we need more nurses

Attached: vlcsnap.png (1280x640, 863K)

You should really stop viewing everything from the point of view of American identity politics, do yourself a favor.

Yes

>the professor figured out that the tanks must be full because she saw a few firetrucks

Attached: kim.png (757x679, 743K)

that's a doctor

>saves the world
Why don't we have more female scientists bro? why does the patriarchy do this?

Attached: dabs on your communism.jpg (1150x495, 26K)

but my dosimeter only says 3.6

So i guess that was just too expensive for the soviets.

will i ever not be cripplingly lonely?

I wish to be rich!

>bolts fall from roof
>I see coins
>I am happy
>roof falls and crushes me

For fuck's sakes: CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW DOES AN RBMK REACTOR EXPLODES??????

Attached: 15085802743440.png (893x765, 830K)

was it of supernatural causes?

it didn't

Attached: 15578381782340.png (1000x521, 377K)

Attached: Ironborn saving Chernobyl.png (1920x1080, 3.06M)

I'm a gfx whore. I can't deal with the bad visuals anymore even though I loved the games when they first came out.

capitalism kept women down in america!!!!

Episode 2 was fantastic.

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E02.Please.Remain.Calm.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_00.09.01.541.jpg (1920x1080, 936K)

Part of the crew. Part of the plant.

>Hickey didnt even get 30 lashes this time
>Hickey got about 3 million billion trillion lashes
>as a boy

Attached: 1551562579850.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elephant's_Foot

I'm not prepared to explain it at this time.

Chernobyl was designed to be cheaper and a containment structure would add an extra third to the cost. It was considered redundant because the soviets assumed training and automatic systems made accidents impossible. Just don't have accidents lmao

>very dated now
games don't get dated. we've been playing Go for 5000 years

haha

>can't even put out 30,000 MW

RMBK forever

VVER-1000 were designed past 1975, and the first ones put in service past 1980
Plans for the Chernobyl NPP were already out in 1971.

Also the soviets pretty much copied and pasted their nuclear power plants

If you search on the web, you'll see that the Chernobyl NPP is an exact copy of both the Smolensk NPP and Kursk NPP, both using RBMKs

The soviets wanted to spend as little money as possible.

VVER were very expensive to make because of the specific high pressure parts required, so they went all in on the safety part + VVERs weren't designed by the same engineering teams.

I have noticed 5 characters that appeared in GoT already

Fuck no, the environments are still great, as well as weather\sound effects.
The only thing dating the game right now - are models and some animations.
And even then - you can't tell that most of the time from distance of engagements.

How does a boiler explode?

It doesn't

Attached: burnt concrete.jpg (320x240, 18K)

How will Bryukhanov and Fomin deliver comedy gold if they're at the local party headquarters?

Attached: it was at this moment they knew they fucked up.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

>The Stalker games were great but very dated now.
You're a fucking moron, a large reason being that the latest Metro doesn't play or feel any better (in some cases worse) than the STALKER games.

>did that happen for real?
No
>did all their flashlights die?
In the serie yes, not IRL.

GGGRAAAPPPHHIIITEEEE

who /extra rations of milk/ here

Attached: tumblr_nvn5olDwaN1udwanoo1_1280.jpg (654x639, 123K)

who /Duty/ here?

Modders have already improved the game engine.

Chemistry n shit. Low power=low water level+no control rods=hydrogen creation + thermal buildup=hydrogen ignited and big boom happens. That combined with uncontrolled fission reaction.

this guy has a goldlike voice

Attached: 1557838496628.png (2024x1456, 2.82M)

/chernobyl/ threads are the comfiest threads on Yea Forums right now.

>free month.
Free 7 days, you mean. After that it's 15 dollars a month.
it's either that or buy a sky subscriptionfor a year with the 1st month free.
Where are the fucking /mega.co.nz/ anons?

Attached: 1539484007579.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

the potential global implications aren't as interesting to me, the person watching a tv show, as the stakes and dynamics of the characters they've spent an entire episode, a great episode mind you, building up only to basically throw all those characters away the very next episode, only to be replaced by a really boring mikhael gorbechev whose main stake in all of this seems to be that he doesn't want to have to explain to all of his little friends in the G8 why a russian nuclear reactor exploded. meanwhile the local party members, the factory workes the townspeople, the people with family in the zone, the people facing life times locked up in hard labor camps, or themselves facing death or loved one facing death, they're all just kinda left by the wayside. oh and also there is le stronk independent womyn who figures everything out easily by herself with very little information to go on. stupid dyatlov, if only you were smart like this mary sue of a non existent factotem of a human being.

episode 2 was a trainwreck and its unfortunate

I wonder what the s.t.a.l.k.e.r devs think of the show

/Monolith/ reportin'

why would you need /mega.co.nz/ if you can /rarbg.to/?

Repostan

I keep getting "free HBO GO trial for a month" ads whenever I visit their website and I live in Eastern Europe.

Is she gonna be ok?

Attached: i'm so fucked up.jpg (1920x2160, 247K)

can ANYONE itt explain to me how a RBMK reactor explodes?

>left by the wayside
they're all dying or under arrest, dont worry, they'll have plenty of shots of guys melting alive and being interrogated

Why am I already loving this character? I know nothing of the man in real life other than I think he died 1995. I hope he keeps being based and doesn't turn into an asshole.

Attached: 1214123.jpg (1920x960, 328K)

everyone's so distracted by the woman, they're missing the REAL propaganda, which is obviously climate change denialism. The fat bureaucrat was republicans and the scientist was trying to tell him about the world at risk but he prefers his opinion and call her elitist

Attached: 1557850014797.png (1012x728, 917K)

>on the way in I saw some firetrucks
how the fuck did she see the trucks on the way in, the trucks were right next to the reactor

Attached: 1557516915824.webm (632x612, 95K)

Who says they won't be popping up again? There are scenes with Toptunov melting in the hospital and Dyatlov also comes back.

Attached: Punished Dyatlov.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

>Homeworld
Holy based and kiithpilled.

Just realized it’s commander Tupolev from Red October

Now I want a Dyatlov Pass mini series

This show is literally "if only you knew how bad things really are" incarnate. Every scene has a character with this pained expression of "everything is over, everything is fucked. We're all dead"

Attached: tfw graphite .jpg (960x960, 185K)

I think "his smile and optimism: gone" would fit better with that pic.

They're at a bar dumb dumb.

just put some milk on it

Clearly a faulty dosimeter.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Pripyat_1986.ogg

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E02.Please.Remain.Calm.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_00.43.42_[2019.0 (1920x1080, 1.07M)

kek. i will never understand why governments are always so fucking cheap. jesus just say your family will never have to worry about money for they rest of their live and be done with it.

They are preparing their routine for the trial.

>Eastern Europe.
home...
at least it was before I fucked everything up
.>/rarbg.to/?
I can't torrent currently. The pirate spirit lives on but I have to subside with mega links and shitty private trackers.

Are you stupid?

Attached: D1414EDF-5535-4758-90DE-25370903AA24.jpg (480x851, 82K)

Opps

Attached: 3A9EB4A8-C7D1-4912-AE17-7C27E3743592.png (806x1604, 1.24M)

Has anybody noticed how the whole "every atom is a bullet" monologue that was completely fucking wrong in the trailers was suddenly correct in the actual show? Honestly, who was responsible for cutting the trailer and why did he decide to just randomly cut out words so that the trailer sounds like nonsensical bubble talk?

Evac scene was very good.

Some of the creative freedom they're taking feels lame and gay though, e.g. helicopter crash and the three guys forced survival horror moment as their lights die in the cliffhanger. With the latter it's already horrifying enough for them to be there with their gigers freaking the fuck out, knowing they're dead after they pull off turning some shitty valves, and while the crash did happen I think it would've been more impactful to have it happen the way that it did instead of using it as exposition on le ill effects of smoke.
Still fine I guess, but cheap shit like this constantly reminds me that this comes from the guy who wrote Hangover parts 2 and 3 and Scary Movie 2 and 3. Like what even the fuck.

Attached: 1532564559954.jpg (1258x830, 175K)

Cope harder, incel.

what game are you playing?

>Capitan! Iceberg straight ahead
>Back emergency! Right full rudder!
>I bet you thought that was clever shitlords, i could see you were gong to fuck it up all the way from Minsk

Attached: HMSTitanic.jpg (306x497, 38K)

kek

link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-94-011-3816-1_2

Found a scientic article that confirms the claim there were more educated women than men in the Soviet Union. Now all incels can shut the fuck up.

Attached: fa9ccb2cf0c0d652d8fea23853de73cb.png (460x123, 23K)

See for more shoemaker turned boss adventures.

>No
>Spreading disonformation

The Helicopter crash actually happened.

Well /RMBK/? Your move.

Attached: 49e1.jpg (1500x1400, 219K)

sex

Attached: Have_some_caek.jpg (531x800, 437K)

Does anybody have that gif of the projected fallout spread for if all 4 reactors blew?

>Some of the creative freedom they're taking feels lame and gay though, e.g. helicopter crash
sciencephoto.com/media/596474/view/chernobyl-helicopter-crash-1986

Reading is hard.

ohhh, so thats why their reactor exploded

it was never good, user

Do RBMK reactors explode?

FAT TED CRUZ LMAO

Hardly surprising, GoT was the acting equivalent of Jobcentre Plus.

Their lights did go out ya pinhead

where is the love for this guy

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

What the fuck, was the possibility of explosion real?

I agree on the helicopter crash, that rubbed me the wrong way. It wasn't necessary for that scene, so why include it when it happened much later?
They didn't need that scene, it was already a great scene.

I don't get why people get so worked up about a helicopter crash that is almost a total copy of the real footage just because it is moved in time.

Stop watching dramatized TV show and read up on the official reports if absolute accuracy is a must.

Missing the explanation to how an event happened isnt proof that the event cant happen

it was still bad, but in a better way. no politics

What was the point about the scene with the vodka glasses? Was he worried that there might be radioactive dust in the glass he was given or was it a superstition thing?

it was pre GG and pre fappening

In October 1986, not April 1986.

yes. read the wiki

>Hey Alan, i've been doing crossword puzzles and accidentally cracked the enigma, i can explain it to you, if you are still struggling after all these years

Attached: ForTuringEyesOnly.jpg (620x413, 46K)

nah, titanic should have crashed straight into the iceberg

who's the actor
looks familiar

Attached: hqdefault (15).jpg (480x360, 9K)

Ah, I'm a tard. Disregard.

he was based

No, but I do have a webm of the radioactive cloud that flew over Europe.

Attached: HgE3jk5.webm (720x404, 1.67M)

Fomin deserved it.

This is what freaks me out about generation IV nuclear or whatever. Or just ramping up our use of nuclear power in general. It was one thing in the 70s and 80s when everything was done by men. But now? Times have changed. Now you have women in the work force. You have minorities in the work force. For fuck's sake lads, you have women minorities! Yeah, thats a yiiiiikes from me, on nuclear power.

It's great watching him slowly realize how severely shit's fucked.

Because it's more disturbing (and emotionally engaging) the way it happened irl than it did in the episode.

back to your containment board, incel

>There weren't politics on pre-2010 Yea Forums
Top zozzle.

>tfw in the red zone

Attached: 1535520117190.jpg (1242x808, 120K)

t. incel

Great leader, wouldn't put his men into a situation he wouldn't go into himself. I would follow comrade colonel general to the gates of hell

It was probably just taken at a really high ISO because it's a dark room

A man you just know earned his rank and wasn't just handed it.

based soviet union hosing western europe with radioactive piss

Yes. He was worried about radioactive dust since the town is 3km away and it's already been almost a day since the explosion. That's why he asked for one that had been recently washed. I didn't get why the others said he is superstitious.

>No
good answer

>640x360

Attached: 1534479312621.jpg (470x470, 57K)

Is reactor-chan real?

Will she say yes

>This helicopter crash did happen—there's even footage on YouTube of it hitting the crane line, and falling right out of the sky, just like in the show. But creator Craig Mazin is transparent about it as well—it's one of the few events that got moved around, chronologically, to fit the narrative that the show was crafting. "I wanted people to know that this was one of the hazards that these pilots were dealing with—an open reactor—radiation was flying over it," he said.

>This also marks the first time in the series that either Harris or Skarsgård's characters send someone to their death, and dealing with that in real-time would obviously be an unsettling moment for anyone. "There is a shock of watching somebody die. There is a shock of watching a car crash," Mazin said. "But that's different than knowing you told them to do it."

>It's already happening

uh oh

With enough backstabbing, anyone can get to the top of any system in place.

Mark Lewis Jones as General Pikalov

Attached: Legasov.jpg (960x1920, 303K)

These two stole the show for me. I hope we get to see a whole lot more from them

thanks, triphomo filtered

why do people think this show is good?

Yeah but it wasn't "3-4 megatons". It would just explode more radioactive material.

nice

he was Shagga

Attached: 1060full-shagga[1].jpg (1060x655, 59K)

Very. It would of altered european history if it had happened

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
>Covers Europe in nuclear jizz
H-hope you like it Europa-kun

>Balkans
fuck

I'm not prepared to explain that at this time.

>tfw the soundtrack with the BWOMS hits

Attached: hqdefault[2].jpg (480x360, 9K)

i think hes mostly hung up on the thought of dying withing ~5 years

Attached: Screenshot_20190514-090917_FaceApp.jpg (1077x772, 372K)

He's the angry captain from Last Jedi.

youtube.com/watch?v=6OeqiPxIveM

Will I get a gf soon?

That guy licked the boots of Gheorghe Gheorghiu Dej who was in charge and was actually a capable leader. Dej was even considered a liberal among commies. On his deathbed, Dej told the others not to pick Ceaușescu but he managed to squirm his way into the position anyway.

Attached: 220px-Gheorghe_Gheorghiu-Dej1[1].jpg (220x302, 18K)

because its kino

>this is actual russian describing actual events that occurred.

okay, color me impressed.

Attached: 2874_original.jpg (600x300, 72K)

>Scary Movie 2 and 3

those were good movies. give the guy a change. so far this show is dope af.

hydrogen split from water?

Does he remain based in this story? I love him already.

Attached: Boris.jpg (725x725, 118K)

Its because their INCELS. And they dont even HAVE SEX. Or maybe they think its bad because of the sjw woman, but thats also because they're INCELS. Basically, everyone is an incel and if they just had sex they would see that the show is really good, or is actually bad, whichever, it doesn't matter.

YOU DIDN'T SEE GRAPHITE BECAUSE IT'S NOT THERE

Attached: 1552026403556.png (1054x526, 209K)

Will STALKER 2 actually end up being good?

I hope they will show parts of the trial. Those two accompanied by Dyatlov trying to explain how RBMK reactors don't explode to a judge would be the greatest bit of comedy in the last 20 years.

Attached: DRjOxG5[3].jpg (1223x1800, 490K)

Nice to meet you Lshtshfum Ashym.

Please O Monolith

timespan?

I need pictures and webms of the senile man tapping his cane.

Can I ask why the tabletapper was guilty off besides buying the information the delusional staff gave him

I hope later episodes have their trial and they each increasingly try and blame the other

2 weeks

top mommy

Top tier acting during this scene, loved how he reacted. Legitimately looked like his entire stomach was turned inside out at that moment of realization.

Attached: Legasov 1.jpg (960x960, 178K)

Its basically a giant shit sandwich of situation. Not only does he have 5 years left to live but he's also in a town where each person is facing a similar life expectancy.

>the only main character not based on an actual person
really makes you think

Attached: jtn.jpg (1610x789, 140K)

Am I forgotten Francis

Attached: 1553428110110.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

You read my mind

Attached: 1557828695332.jpg (960x720, 367K)

Will I ever control the noosphere?

millennial eurofags confirmed for mutants

I see no stethoscope.

She's a diversity hire. Deal with it.

Attached: optimism.jpg (967x600, 228K)

bustle.com/p/ulana-khomyuk-from-chernobyl-is-not-based-on-a-real-person-but-emily-watsons-character-is-important-all-the-same-17304139

>turns out she's a feminist stand in

lmao

I am actually pretty impressed so far. Lots of good scenes and the story flows really well.
Also because after this he was back to writing smut like Charlies Angel reboot.

he was the whaler in master and commander

Attached: 7YCuCNf.webm (352x262, 1.45M)

It’s a composite of hundreds of scientists who were urgently pressing the bureaucracy to act fucking faster.

wonder if he has family that was there?

the show is a BIT too doom and gloom. But its holding my attention.

Saved.

Attached: Man Who Thought He'd Lost All Hope Loses Last Additional Bit Of Hope He Didn't Even Know H (1920x1080, 2.28M)

Not good, but not terrible.

i love you

Bryukhanovs casting is spot on.

no shit. its a show. they got to get paid. They need money. producers push for shit. I'm sure the director was like. ... yah whatever.

its okay to read between the lines.

Fomin in particular will be kino, since he tried to kill himself before trial.

I have the same problem, yet I can confirm that with a few mods STALKER is still highly enjoyable visually.

I laughed really loudly when he pulled out a list of names

>literally me trying to run call of pripyat on a pentium 2

the writers weren't pressured into anything, they admitted she's written in to represent soviet female scientists

it can be done tastefully without her literally being deus ex femina

>Alexei Ananenko continues to work in the nuclear energy industry, and rebuffs the growth of the Chernobyl media sensationalism surrounding him.[92] While Valeri Bezpalov was found to still be alive by Leatherbarrow, the 65-year-old Baranov had lived until 2005 and had died of heart failure.[93]

I understand they want to create drama but this is awful because it gives fuel to irrational anti-nuclear movement.

There are great risks but nuclear energy is literally the safest energy.

was there any shots of based FED or Zorki rangefinders? My film camera fag friend keeps asking.

based

Im pretty sure that actually happened. Generally they capture the whole apparatchik vibe very good.

What an absolute chad

Attached: ChadPikalov.png (901x966, 932K)

>Imagine being a still alive liquidator, having to live your life since as a cripple for the last 30 years only to learn that your survival was only thanks to this strong womyn. Good thing she actually existed, otherwise Europe would be gone.
That character is an amalgamation of several scientists.

Not yet. E1 was about the night of the explosion and E2 is the following day where they scramble to find out what happened.

:'(

I'll look into that.

Dyatlov will come to look like the real one in the coming episodes

Attached: pls no.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

>For fuck's sakes: CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW DOES AN RBMK REACTOR EXPLODES??????
Magnets

>Did we need Gorbachev at all?
Yes. Soviet system was very top down managed and due to that local level reported bullshit to their superiors to avoid getting fucked by the system.
>this is VVER-1000, a pre-Chernobyl Soviet nuclear power plant design with a containment structure
Design of VVER-1000 started in mid 70's, it is newer design than Chernobyl. VVER-1000 was first Soviet design with containment structure. First Soviet supplied nuclear power plant with containment structure is Loviisa nuclear power plant in Finland. It used to be called Eastinghouse due to containment structure and lots of automation systems being ordered from western suppliers. Mostly Westinghouse and Siemens. When Germany reunified all DDR nuclear power plants were decommissioned within months, as soon as alternate power could be find. Germans really love burning coal, oil and gas. First commie block nuclear power plant with proper containment structures was Mochovce NPP in Slovakia. They started constructing it in 1983. Plant was commissioned in 1998 after lots of delays and replacing essentially all control systems with ones from western suppliers.

It's probably why you fuckers went mental five years later

3 stars is Colonel-General?

Anomaly and Dead Air are said to be the prettiest mods. Or so it was a couple of months ago.

What the fuck man, I didn't know about the possibility of a gazillion megaton explosion because of the water tanks. We really dodged a bullet there.

Attached: 1528286558315.png (246x232, 97K)

Colonel in this case i think

Why do I get the feeling he just wrote "Fomin" in really big letters

>HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, YOUR HONOR
>IT
>CAN'T
>EXPLODE

Imagine if during the Afghan war a group of Hajis got ahold of an RBMK reactor, imagine how many lives would have been lost if they made it explode?

Is this the one where the guy gets impaled to the ceiling of the reactor room by a control rod?

>Who says they won't be popping up again?
Previews seem to suggest that Legasov and Ulana are going to investigate the cause of the explosion. If that isn't cause for some flashback scenes detailing the turn of events, I don't know what is.

They went mental because Daddy USSR wasn't there to keep them in check. So Daddy NATO had to step in.

*Ahem*

Attached: AHEM.jpg (852x852, 207K)

Steam pressure's a bitch.

Oh I skip all scenes with Ulana in them

>Episode 2 was fantastic.
The last 10 minutes of Episode 2 were legit terrifying.

you can't make an RBMK reactor explode even if you tried

Yupp
>Legg (the shift supervisor) was standing on top of the reactor vessel and was impaled and pinned to the ceiling,

Why did you think everyone calls the Liquidators/Divers heroes?

Attached: JBVzGmg.webm (1124x544, 427K)

"Bruchanov: I believe I managed to organize radiation reconnaissance. Krasnodgen was
ordered to stay on site and prevent people from entering "unreachable places" (word for word).
The level of radiation, as I was informed, was up to 1000 micro-roentgens per second.
Vorobyev told me about 30-35 and 40-50 roentgens per hour. It's true. I visited the west and the
north sites of Ch NPP and measured a level of radiation personally. I registered levels up to 200
roentgens per hours. Those were registered in line-of-sight coverage. In the Ch NPP there were
served, half-served and not-served premises... It was clear that a level of radiation close to the
destroyed reactor was much higher."

"I dindu nuffin, I even measured 200 roentgens myself !"

Jesus fuck the trial really was comedy
physiciansofchernobyl.org.ua/eng/books/Karpan/Chernobyl_trial.pdf

do you know what you're saying user

Attached: 15034353622244.jpg (657x527, 38K)

Baшe здopoвьe.

Honestly, reading about nuclear accidents on wikipedia is some of the most intense shit I've ever read.
>mfw demon core, ouchi and SL-1

Attached: 1396979263901.gif (499x654, 1.35M)

Fomin at the back of the courtroom: >Are you stupid, your Honor?

god I wish DayZ were good again

Those men were up to their eyeballs in protective gear. None if would have done them any good if the tanks burst. It was their heroism that saved Europe from total catastrophe.

Read Wolves Eat Dogs. It's a murder mystery (in the Arkady Renko series) that takes place in Pripyat.

What if Chernobyl was caused by US to get rid of Europe and Soviet with one move?

>the army doesn't do nuclear power
what about the submarines

That's the Navy, dummy.

can central africans ever into nuclear power without having access to water cooling?

>What if Chernobyl was caused by US to get rid of Europe and Soviet with one move?
That's like someone trying to blow up Yellowstone to get rid of the USA.

It's a global threat.

nah, they would've tried harder to 'protect' that buildup of water under the reactor

>dated
I can still play the game unmodded and it's still a godlike game. I'm sorry there isnt a fucking arrow pointing 24/7 to tell you where to go

Can anyone find me a source on this? Because how the fuck can that create a 4 megaton explosion or whatever?

The only region in Spain that got a little radiation is caled Costa da Morte (Coast of Death in Galician). Fitting.

>The Stalker games were great but very dated now
Maybe if you're a teenager.

Attached: FogChernobyl.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

Based

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

>tfw you're forced to perpetuate the lie that everything is fine

Attached: Legasov 2.jpg (900x899, 139K)

The level design of this game feels incredible. It's like you're traversing a real place instead of the boring ass over-designed maps where you're pretty much coasting in a haunted house train ride

>It's like you're traversing a real place
Maybe that's because you are?

It's easier to buy a couple of plutonium rods and use them as drumsticks in a crowded area.