Holy fucking shit...

Holy fucking shit, I just found out they're doing a Blade Runner TV series and they apparently announced it back in November. The movie flopped but apparently they just said "Fuck it" and kept making more Blade Runner.

I've made dozens of Blade Runner threads here in that time span. Why have I not seen a single person mention this? Why am I only just now finding out about it? Do all of you only pretend to like this amazing movie and I'm the only one who actually cares?

Attached: blade-runner-see-you-cowboy.jpg (680x503, 46K)

It's shit thanks for coming

Because the "tv show" is an anime.

No, it's a TV show. They're airing it on TV, in English first. That's TV show.

>The movie flopped

This is bad news, it will be shit because it will ape instead of reinvent. 2049 reinvented the setting and Villeneuve made his own kind of urban hellscape. TV-scriptwriters these days will not have the balls to make it interesting.

>the movie flopped
wtf are you saying?
it was kino

Because nobody cares about autistic holowaifu tales for „just like me“ incels.

Personally I really enjoyed the character of "K" in this movie. His character motivation was "I want to fuck Joi" and his character arc was fucking Joi, this is referenced subtly in his final conversation with Luv when he mentions that he fucked Joi. This is also why his final confrontation had to be with Luv, the other girl who fucked Joi.

the anime one off wasn't particularly good, all visual flair
and zero substance. hopefully a full series turns out better.

>AHURRRRRRRRRRR I LIKED IT SO THIS MEANS IT WASN'T A FINANCIAL FAILURE
When people say "flop" they aren't referring to whether you like it you fucking morons.

Flop refers only to how much money it made. I don't know if it flopped in that regard or not, though

>all visual flair
> and zero substance.
So just like 2049 .

Isn't it going to air on Cartoon Network

Get the fuck out of here. 2049 was all substance AND style. It's what made it superior over the original.

Calm down, mate. Lay off the meds.

sadly all people wanna watch is capeshit. I watched it on a rainy night in Osaka and it was fucking kino

>Production Budget: $150 million
>Total Lifetime Grosses
>Domestic: $92,054,159 35.5%
>Foreign: $167,185,499 64.5%
>Worldwide: $259,239,658

Coming from the guy who just screamed "AHURRRRRRRRRRR".

>sadly all people wanna watch is capeshit
Strange they wouldn't be into 2049 then.

>niche franchise
>Budget $150MM
>Still manages worldwide gross $248MM
>Opening weekend 32.7MM (ranked #1 in 4,000 theaters)
>5 Oscar nominees, 2 wins
71% of ticket buyers were male. Proving that most women are retarded and didn't go see it because they wouldn't understand it.

Attached: 1551356810125.jpg (768x960, 91K)

I'm a literal boomer and i've never watched a proper animu in my life.
Should I watch the short?

The shorts are okay, nothing special or necessary.

Just okay, some moments even nice.

I went for a second viewing mid week morning in Japan and it was full of a lot of old women wanting some goose. They probably seen the original in their 30s

Marine?

Attached: 1551375984157.png (640x480, 23K)

wow great material m8, can i go read your full review somewhere

Unemployed house husband

Can't say i'm not jelly

Are you implying original didn't have style????

>It's what made it superior over the original.

Excuse me?

All TV shows are absolute garbage, I sincerely hope they encounter some big production issues and for it to never get made.

We got two extremely good films and I don't need anything else.