ITT

ITT we post the exact moment you think Game of Thrones went to shit
Pic related, it's mine.
Also, Talisa being a foreign mutt

Attached: Daenerys_and_dragons_2x10.png (360x450, 246K)

the whole Qarth plot was pretty shit, which is a shame because it's an excellent setting with interesting, mysterious characters.

CHUNK
CHUNK
CHUNK
Haha a stupid meaningless scene where they make funny voices!

Attached: first episode winter is coming1.png (646x431, 404K)

Jon Snow resurrecting was when I dropped the show.
Absolute asspull and a half. Everyone predicted it and it destroyed any apprehension I had for main characters staying dead. Felt like pure fan service.

When they cut Tyrion's pirouette off the roof at Winterfell. Knew the whole series would suck after that

Yep, second season wasn't very well handled. they also mutilated stannis.
'member the whole "character assassination" meme?

When she pooped out baby shadow demons to assassinate the good king

Attached: 4992894900.png (333x372, 358K)

It's not about when it went to shit. From season 2 (maybe earlier), there have been redesigned or invented scenes/storylines that have been worse than the material they adapted. People who say "oh it got shit after season X" miss the point that we've always been on a one-way ride to trash as soon as people enjoyed edits like "jaime rapes cersei" and "robb marries under the new gods for love over honor" and "tyrion's wife is forgotten", encouraging the edits for TV drama. It's just a question of when the incremental trash outweighed the good elements enough that you stopped watching.

In essence, it was shit as soon as it hit TV without a plan to stick to the material.

It's literally taken from the book verbatim

>miss the point
Ironic

>Hurr durr, books are always good!
Fuck off scrub

>literally
>verbatim
redundant

faggot

When the sand snakes showed up. Every plot thread in the show had a much more shallow feel to it. Battles and zombies were great because they did not rely on writing, anything that did had an enormously steep and immediate decline. I am not a book reader, but I could very easily tell the writers were clueless once they ran out of source material.

XD

Funny because every time the show runners derived from the books it got worse, with exception of two scenes from S1, back when Martin were still consulted

The whole of season 6 was a joke, but the end when they blew up 10 plot lines in a single green explosion is when I said "fuck it" and never came back.

>can conjure clones and chains out of nowhere
>can conjure seemingly castle sized illusions
>die like an idiot to three salamanders

Attached: Pyat Pree.jpg (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.72M)

Why? It made total sense

it went to shit right as soon as the surprisingly well done intro ended

/r/ing that gif of Bronn fighting the sand snakes where we see how awful the choreography is

probably somewhere in season 4. I'm thinking of when they fucked up Tyrion's character development from the book, when Jaime helped him escape King's Landing and they parted on good terms, but it might be earlier.

>Renly
>good
>king

This

>Jon Snow resurrecting was when I dropped the show.
Pretty much this. It was roughly equivalent to Glenn dumpster in TWD.

Dialog after season 4 or so got so lazy. When writers start excessively using modern euphemisms and turns of phrase, it really takes you out of the imaginary world you are supposed to be invested in. Fuck, even in the celebration after beating the NK, they were playing "never have I ever" drinking game. I mean, holy shit.

>fan service asspull
>when resurrections had already been seen and confirmed many many times
>when there was a shit load of foreshadowing and prophecy surrounding john snow that predicted his death and resurrection

I hate show fags so much.

They were playing that back in Season 2. It's not "Never have I ever", you have to make a guess about the other person's life.

Stannis telling Shireen the lengths he went to save her. Then promptly burning her.

The moment the show started entering cartoon territory

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Talisa was hot and had a big ass though.

Tyrion in Kingslanding was the only good part of 2 season

jon’s resurrection was the last straw overall but it kinda varies based on individual arcs

The entire show was downhill from this point on.

really the whole thing was a metaphor for what the show was about to do to its watchers.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 52K)

there were a lot of dubious things earlier on
>stannis burning his daughter alive
>jon snow resurrection
>baelish getting snared that easily by the stark sisters
>the writers slowly losing the capacity to write clever characters (tyrion and verys, mainly)
for me though, the most egregious thing was how episode 3 of this season trivialized the WW threat. D&D should have taken the 10 episode deal HBO offered and paced things a bit slower, so the long night wasn't so rushed and danaerys' fall to insanity didn't feel so sudden. also arya being the one to kill the night king while having no previous involvement in the WW arc was stupid and done purely for muh subversion.

20 GOOD MEN

That was hilariously entertaining though.

They really messed up with the story for the tv audience and it’s really annoying that these fucking hacks keep doing it; always rehashing old retarded tropes or adapting their shit for “a more general audience”. The sudden introduction of commando raids (Ramsay Bolton), the fucking sand sneks (Introducing model physique women as strong and powerful), the teleporting all over the place, the eunuch army and their shitty pseudo-phalanx, magical mass cavalry charge from Winterfell.