Was he a visionary who could see the potential of drug trade in america if only it had a reform-minded leader...

Was he a visionary who could see the potential of drug trade in america if only it had a reform-minded leader, or was he an insecure arrivist who didn't really grasp the rules of the game and merely used it as a vehicle to portray himself as something he was not?

Attached: The_Wire_Stringer_Bell.jpg (400x249, 20K)

He was legit the smartest of the entire crew, he coud've glided over everything if it wasn't for Avon and muh street wars and Omar being Omar

Too smart for the street, not street smart enough to make it in the end.

I did like how he reverted back to a REAL NIGGA in his final moments before he gets blasted. "WELL GET ON WITH IT NIG--"

Too smart for the streets but too dumb for politics

His character was stuck in a perpetual middle ground he’s unable to climb out of. Him chimping out over the building grant was to show how he was a lot less intelligent than he thought he was

He was stuck between both worlds, and not good at either one.

wasn't it MOTHERF-

I'm pretty sure it was GET ON WITH IT FAG-

Yes, the same exact phrase Bunny Colvin used before he was busted back to Lieutenant.

AIN'T NOBODY GIVING NO FUCKS ABOUT 40 DEGREES DAY

Should've got Avon killed and not D in prison but he slipped

D was screeching to his mommy about the gant murder in prison, he was too dangerous

Yeah I think you're right. I still loved it though, showed how Stringer was a victim of his upbringing in a way. Whilst the streets were the one thing that he spent his whole life effectively being "too good for" since he was smarter than the rest of the gangbangers it was simultaneously exactly that (and that attitude/mentality) that led to his downfall. He was ultimately popped in a dark corner by some other random crook with a score to settle. So much smoke and mirrors to convince everyone, and yourself, that you are above your current lifestyle only to have your demise epitomise that exact culture.

it's the latter. literally the only reason people think otherwise is because he's well built, handsome, and exudes manliness. but he was fucking wrong about so much and caused the downfall of his organisation

he thought he could run the drug game like it was fucking toyota but his business aint enforced by law and government to keep him safe

>tfw you give up your land in exchange for product
>tfw the person who takes your land wont accept your product
>tfw outsmarted by poot

Attached: The.Wire.S01E01.720p.BluRay.x264-REWARD.mkv_000747.355.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

I've always loved this scene. It kind of shows how much of a fraud Bell was. Sitting there with a suit on pretending to look smart and pay attention. Taking notes only to reveal he is doodling. Just another fucking gang banger. This time in costume.

It was "well get on with it motherfuc-"

>caused the downfall of his organisation

if you remember, it was a series of fuck ups, not all of them attributable to Stringer

>witness intimidation pisses off the judge and gets his attention on the Barksdale crew
>Killing Gant for no reason other than show a message
>got greedy with Kima re: Orlando's deal (this one is 50% him 50% wee bey)

after Avon went to jail, yes, it was fuck up after fuck up, but honestly, they had no choice. They had to get with Prop Joe because their product was shit for example

I love how even though they're fuck ups, they had no other choice but to fuck up for be out of the game

>le ghetto entrepreneur

Attached: soyboy16[1].jpg (631x482, 39K)

whoa guys not only did he post a "onions meme" image, it's even a DIY one! this man is outta control!

Wasn't it established once that in the past Stringer was some radical we was kangs type of dude? He had a passion for change and reform but could never carry through with it. He starts as an idealist but ends up as a criminal with a few ideals of how to go about with business, doomed to fail at this just like he failed to change society.

LOL. How can you watch the show, and think this? He was a complete fuck up. Him being dead is proof.

He's a classic example of real world "You can take a nigger out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of a nigger".

He was always chimping out about "muh family" and "muh business", but threw it all away over drugs, when he HAD legit businesses he could have grown and not been arrested for owning.

the hell are you smoking? he was just a hood nigga with delusions of grandeur. he wasn't particularly smart as criminal, and he wasn't particularly street savvy. Him and Avon were childhood friends, they got a couple corners, grew their organization, dropped a lot of bodies for dem towahs, then kept grinding. that's all there was to it

His introduction in the pilot was very memorable, the mere sight of him causes the witness to tremble.

This.

>He was always chimping out about "muh family" and "muh business", but threw it all away over drugs, when he HAD legit businesses he could have grown and not been arrested for owning.

whoa we got a brainlet over here

>He was always chimping out about "muh family"
that was Avon, you idiot. Bell was never shown with any family at all the whole show. Fuck he didn't even have a proper gf. Muh biz yes, that was him

> but threw it all away over drugs
literally the reason he lost was because he wanted to move past drugs. He wanted to take the drug money and turn it into a legitimate enterprise

>he HAD legit businesses he could have grown and not been arrested for own
he had a couple legit businesses that were giving him chump change, he wanted more, real estate

you're one dumb motherfucker

>>witness intimidation pisses off the judge and gets his attention on the Barksdale crew
>>Killing Gant for no reason other than show a message

this was very arguably nessescary to stop their people getting locked up and keep their power in the streets. its stated in the first episode that the witness intrimidation in dangelos case was like the 5th+ time they pulled that shit - to keep their people from getting locked up after they commit crimes.

a drug organisation as big as the barksdales would get on the radar of top people sooner or later. thats just the nature of being a large criminal organisation.

>>got greedy with Kima re: Orlando's deal (this one is 50% him 50% wee bey)
so not avon? thats still the point.
and how was weebay at fault? I dont remember that part.

>but honestly, they had no choice. They had to get with Prop Joe because their product was shit for example

and yet marlo rose up selling that same weak shit. why? because he had muscle and the will to use it, unlike stringer. If you hold your shit down and take out your competitors then you can sell whatever the fuck you want.

>and yet marlo rose up selling that same weak shit

wait what? I don't remember (before he got onto Prop Joe's package) Marlo's stuff being as bad as Stringer Bell's, who had his customers literally hopping over to the eastside to avoid their package

Why did he have katanas in his apartment?

>teleports behind D'Angelo

>I don't remember (before he got onto Prop Joe's package) Marlo's stuff being as bad as Stringer Bell's

i dont remember the specifics either tbf. but the point is that marlos stuff was not as good as joes and yet marlos strength is what made him a legitimate competitor and a problem to the coop regardless

Attached: The.Wire.S01E04.720p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.mkv_001920.494.png (1920x1080, 2.13M)

>"muh family"

?????????

he straight up ordered the murder of D. are you mistaking him for avon ? Lmao