So we can all agree Lord of the Rings is still the undisputed ultimate medieval fantasy, right?

So we can all agree Lord of the Rings is still the undisputed ultimate medieval fantasy, right?

Attached: 1552864143087.jpg (492x416, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-68bXPgH9Dk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Medieval

You mean fantasy inspired by Medieval Europe?

>posts an opinion nearly universally agreed upon
Why do you do this? Attention? Tired of everyone on here calling you a total retard?

I'm more a Conan fan. I find LotR boring and manichean as fuck

willow was better

LOTR is boring
Patrician

you mean fantasy inspired by opera inspired by medieval literature inspired by germanic folk tales?

actually LOTR is based on pre-medieval cultures, more like the late Roman and migration period.

Warhammer Fantasy was more my shit. But in the cinematic or literary medium, LOTR is king, I just like Warhammer’s setting more.

Hobbit kinda ruined it all, peter jackson turned out to be a hack with no vision.

Yes.

Stupid late millenial and your epic PS3 battle sequences.

Attached: excalibur-vintage-movie-poster-original-german-a0-33x46-6969.jpg (4084x2902, 1.19M)

Yes obviously. One is genuine and based while the other is derivative and cringe

>has time to prepare
>makes the best fantasy trilogy ever commited to film
>inherents a huge pile of shit from fools trying to make a quick buck and has no time to make it better
>we get a slightly polished turd
Your noggin jogs pretty fast, doesn't it?

>We are knights who say "Ni!"
>simply epic

>Germanic anything

lol fuck off. Anglo-French IS European history.

It's all del Taco fault.

Have sex

It's still my favorite and Tolkien wrote the book but Game of Thrones is a masterpiece in it's own right that has broken every typical fantasy trope.

Of course, anything else is nothing but delusions

MAY THE LARD OF THE BLACK MARRR COME FARTH

OH MY GOD IT SUBVERTED MY EXPECTATIONS IT'S SO EPIC BECAUSE EVERYONE BACKSTABS EACH OTHER

Attached: 1532338960110.png (741x600, 803K)

It is the only one.

Good goy.

Yes

youtu.be/-68bXPgH9Dk

GoT is simple, and so it captured the public imagination, that's really all that can be said for it. Even the shittest noivels like the witcher ones do a better job of subverting fantasy tropes, and thats without touching on accomplished works from the likes of Moorcock or Feist.

wtf why is this highlighted?

this desu after season 2 you knew who would die because if you expect the unexpected you cant be subverted, also just because something surprise you doesnt mean its better than something you see coming

Hmm, not sure. Last week I rewatched the fellowship of the ring after a long time. And the movie has a lot of stupid shit and plotholes desu. Kind of like GoT, but worse. Nazgul being literally retarded, the deamon in Moria suddenly starts busting up the place, Arwen showing up out of nothing. Chase with the nazgul didnt make sense. And so on..

LOTR will never surpass GoT, in book or in film, it's basically a children's book compared to ASOIAF. Any respectable actor/director or otherwise at the Oscars back then were disgusted by it winning any kind of award.
It's basically boomer nostalgia syndrome.

Attached: ey1vn4i520az.jpg (1376x1465, 145K)

you on crack n'wah? LOTR is better in every possible way.

Attached: 47585086_356533168507784_5504306648843027800_n.jpg (409x409, 29K)

Was Sauron also bald?

Attached: Bald Bad Guys.png (931x533, 660K)

But user, what is Aragorn's tax policy?

Wagner's Ring is not based on Anglo or French sources in any way.

>bait this bad

>Anglo
Do you even know what that means?

Attached: 1423507632074.jpg (232x255, 14K)

Nah, Sauron's preferred form was pretty as fuck because it made swaying people with his words easier

Attached: 250px-Alaïs_-_Annatar.jpg (250x353, 12K)

Siegfried > LOTR

Tolkien is to creative literary genius what Martin is to hack pulp idiocy. They both so far surpass anyone else in their field that they will be remembered 1,000 years from now as a kind of yin and yang of fantasy, a Manichean duality of speculative letters. For every sublime, luminous beauty that Tolkien has gifted the world, Martin has cursed us with a tedious, banal ugliness. It is unfair to compare the two directly on any one point, because Martin is in every way the anti-Tolkien, patently sterile, parasitical, and inferior, but so much so that he becomes a monument in his own right, and counterbalances Tolkien. Could one exist without the other?

Tolkien obviously could. But it is only by the contrast that Martin offers that we can truly appreciate the full depths and heights of Tolkien. Our understanding of Tolkien would be incomplete if Martin had never set pen to page. It is through only the abject failure and futility of Martin that we can approach an apprehension of the true scope and scale of Tolkien's hitherto inconceivable greatness. Perhaps this is what Tolkien had in mind when he wrote about the Music of the Ainur. If Tolkien is a subcreator in the image of Eru, truly Martin is like unto Melkor. It is only reflected in the awfulness of the one that we can fully see the goodness of the other.

Whereas with Martin we have "Sunset found her squatting in the grass etc." to Tolkien we have “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone, Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die, One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie. One Ring to rule them all etc." and “Roads Go Ever On etc.", I wonder if future scholars will study the contrast and literary relationship between the two authors

Attached: pipe.png (800x909, 837K)

There is no anglo culture you mong. It's a weird mixture of getting raped by the Romans and the Vikings.

This is a good pasta.

Such low tier bait.

Based and history-pilled

This two guys are BASED

Absolutely. And it will be forever.

everyone knew this already

its called high fantasy

touch my poopy

Can you even explain what this has to do with Jews? You pollards are fucking stupid.

> Doesn't even know the two people behind GoT

good goy

when the fuck is the series coming

Hopefully never

>not wanting to see how degenerately they'll ruin it

Xena Warrior Princess is better than GoT is turning out to be

Lesbian kino

Attached: Xena-y-Gabrielle.jpg (900x530, 94K)

touch my poopy

nice

I've been doing a rewatch of LOTR and as much as I did like a chunk of GoT, its got progressively weaker. This season is making me genuinely angry. Lord of the rings is solid and enjoyable fantasy in a well formed world. Reliable.

Conan movie soundtrack is absolute kino

based

touch my poopy

>Lord of the Rings
There´s a good reason the title has the word

L O R D

Put women in the lead and everything turns to shit flambee.

Attached: sjw.jpg (1000x750, 551K)

>muh women reee

GoT isn't shit because it has women, you dumb fuck. GoT would be way less enjoyable if it was all males in the power positions man. Cersei, margery, olenna, ygritte, all interesting and important characters. It turned to shit because the guys making it have a skewed perspective of what is good and make goofy shit without solid plot, world-building, and dialogue which is what the earlier seasons were based on.

bet she got a high pH pussy

A movie can only be as good as its music. And LOTR's can't be dethroned. Ever. So yes.

Gross. I wouldn't let those filthy cockroaches within a mile of her angelic body. Seriously disgusting

Attached: DsF_IOdW0AEk701.jpg (320x240, 10K)

Attached: 1557344021064.jpg (200x313, 10K)

Nobody said anything against female SUPPORTING characters, ya white knighting fuckhead.
But Cersei´s dad was TEN times the character that bitch EVER managed to portray.

GRRM added all these cunts as he´s just your typical boomer cuck, who needs a big bad mommy pushing his shit in.
But even he cannot deny writing based male superheroes, when shit actually needs to get done properly.

Tolkien was wise enough to not even try, except for Galadriel. And she fulfilled the brief but important supporting role.

>t.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (235x283, 8K)

Good post

Attached: The Treachery of Daughters.png (378x264, 165K)

You're fucking A.

The Holy Hexalogy
>Excalibur
>Conan the Barbarian
>Dragonslayer
>The Fellowship of the Ring
>The Two Towers
>The Return of the King

followed by A knight's Tale

imagine being this retarded

touch my poopy

you don´t have to

touch my poopy

>Lotr best fantasy

Plebs that ignore Fantaghiró

Attached: 61f1bd12e391ea9648206192b291f1bc--plum-cake-short-hair.jpg (236x177, 9K)

Pretty fucking boring, desu. What about Sauron's tax policy?

Attached: 1554782748890.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Too many plotholes and the characters are bland cardboard cutouts. When you find out nearly all character development is from the movies it's pretty disappointing.

GoT having issues doesn't make LOTR good

>defending lotr where everyone is a mary stu and no one ever dies and they all live happily after GOOD KING

FUCK LORD OF THE RINGS . MY NIGGA MAX MAGICIAN WHOOP YA HOMIES ASS.

Attached: smd.jpg (2025x3000, 1.18M)

What kind of fuckery is this bullshit

Sure lotr isnt perfect but to claim it isnt good? How contrarian can you be?

touch my poopy

Good pasta, all though might I recommend you find better textual examples? The etc... ruins the flow and makes it seem less erudite

touch my poopy

>actually LOTR is based on pre-medieval cultures, more like the late Roman and migration period.

Yeah. Although the Shire is like 19th century England.

>Wagner's Ring is not based on Anglo or French sources in any way.

ah but Siegfried and Brunhilde were inspired by Merovingian (Frankish) royalty.

touch my poopy

No Krull?