All the popular things are now bad fan fics

Game of Thrones
Star Wars
Harry Potter
The MCU

What's next?

Attached: IMG_3233.jpg (1408x820, 216K)

wake up zoomer, everything becomes fan fiction on a long enough time line.

You forgot Star Trek

>What's next?
Did they get to Star Trek?

Attached: 1498573302430.png (741x568, 29K)

Kind of, but it's way ahead of the afore mentioned.

>Kind of,
Are you kidding? Have you been watching it? Alex Kurtzman is fucking running it.

True this

Yeah, it's nowhere near as unwatchable as
>Game of Thrones
>Star Wars
>Harry Potter
>The MCU
though.

Amazon will probably rape middle earth even worse than the hobbit movies did

Lord of the Rings

Dunno, Bosch is pretty fucking good and devoid of bullshit.

The MCU improves on most of the comic stories and characters. FACT.

Tolkien. Good thing Chris pumped out the last of the great tales of the Silmarillion at least.
it is if you are a fan of Trek.

How did the time travel work again? Or Tony's snap? Or Cap just leaving?

Comics must suck

The Hobbit was not bad enough to ruin Middle Earth

I would say that you're the real john titor but it's obvious the new show will be shit

only because the original stuff has such a lasting legacy.

It seriously is, fuck me.

People complain aboout Rey being a Mary Sue, but that pales in comparison to Michael Burnham. Literally "adopted black human sister of the franchise's most popular character who's never once been mentioned in its 50 year history" and that's before we even get into her characterisation and actual role in the plot

Tea and crumpet fellas might be bent about Dr. Who id imagine.

Theres a thread to show you how bad capeshit comics are.

Who is she the sister of?

Spock.

Attached: rs-198262-464967684.jpg (3200x2391, 903K)

Ciconia and Umineko but it's a plot point.

Attached: PC._Jessica_Sprite_7.png (370x463, 124K)

>What's next?

Luckily we can just kinda throw that crap away since it's another live adaptation of ATLA

THEY CAN'T TAKE AWAY SOKKA FROM US BROS

WE'RE SAFE

Avatar was never that good in the first place

Actually come to think of it Homestuck, being fucking Homestuck, is doing the whole "bad fanfic because two dipshits are arguing over the narrative" thing too. But Homestuck already kinda did that with Caliborn and Trickster mode.

desu I just pretend all those movies never happened for me there is only comic cannon and the first three star wars films

Only Warhammer 40K universe remains pure.

I hope they never mess with it.

I've been trying to wrap my head around why this is happening. It seems to me it can only the case that the way people think about writing and story has altered at its core. Everything's becoming superficial at a fundamental level.

your mom

Thats why I enjoy Yea Forums more than Yea Forums...
Fuck moe though

His Dark Materials is on deck to be destroyed, by HBO.
Then The Witcher.
Then LOTR.

I'm sticking to books. They can't fuck those up. Hollywood doesn't get nor respect fantasy and science fiction. There's still a couple of decent authors left.

this is the end game of cinema/television. we had the early years, then from around 1920 to early 2000 the golden year and now its the twilight years. i think in about 30 years something else will replace movies/television completely.

the truth is that people that write genre fiction has very narrow interests. Comics writer Alan Moore has said something like todays comics writer are hacks, not very well read outside of comics and scify. They just want to do homages,tributes and legacy shit (official fanfiction) instead of doing their own shit.

>Only Warhammer 40K universe remains pure.
FOOL! NOTHING GOES UNTARNISHED

THE HERESY IS ALL ENCOMPASSING

Attached: 1557660781442.jpg (1200x1159, 289K)

Hayao Miyazaki has made the same complaint about the current generation of animators. They lear animation by aping animation, rather than observing from life.

It's like the "everything is a remix" idea is reaching it's peak, hopefully we're on the verge of everyone realising we shouldn't be so quick to try to justify it

So it's fictionpocalypse

How can you include the MCU in that list, It keeps the quality of the other films. It stays as what it is, it never became fanfiction.

>They lear animation
*learn

>GoT
>now
GoT hasn’t been that good since season 5, it started to go down hill as soon as they diverged from the books

Star Trek was never popular, though. Instgram thots cosplay as Disney princesses and various capeshit and are conversant in Star Wars. They know jack shit about Star Trek.

Trek is for people who think. It has enough integrity that it can survive SJW shit being thrown at it, which it has endured since the beginning. Trek fans are not sheep who get their panties in a twist because there was a bad series. We accept the bad and the good, as long as it is food for thought about humanity's future.

Season 6 was kino

>season 5,
Season 3

spotted the hole

This and it extends to consumers as well. The real blackpill is that people just enjoy trash media or at least don't mind it. Also capitalism destroys human dignity and culture.

Attached: 1456705130602.jpg (663x579, 39K)

>They lear animation by aping animation, rather than observing from life.

the explain the godawful current anime industry. Even the ultra violent bottom of the barrel anime from the 80s that you can watch for free on Youtube has more character than the best isekai/harem has to offer.

>What's next?
LotR, Amazon edition.

At least we'll have Dune.

The Jurassic movies which are a part of my childhood are becoming this too.

JP and TLW were absolutely kino, timeless classics, JPIII was a fun dinosaur movie but a bad jurassic movie (god i fucking hate the kirbys) JW was fun to watch but basically just a nostalgia jerk off and Fallen Kingdom was just bad, cringy fanfiction

Attached: dfg.jpg (225x225, 11K)

>10 films, 725 episodes
>never popular
and that's even before the current incarnations

So true

she means the fake nerds like her didn't latch on to it.

The Lost World was a massive disappointment as a sequel. It's funny how great it looks in comparison to everything after it.

it was different than the first one because it was more akin to "dinosaurs survived on a remote island and greedy bad guys are taking them away" and almost completely missed the scientific biopunk elements even the third film had, but it was still kino, and the most important thing: it was the perfect ending for the whole series. the dinos living on their island, left alone, thats it.

the writers of the Jurassic World movies even fucked this up by saying sorna is now devoid of dinosaurs. its like the shitty new star wars trilogy all over again, all the past achievments of the last movies are gone, rendering them totally pointless.

If you don't consider sub-NCIS spinoff-tier writing unwatchable.

Blame Chricton on this one, he wanted to ride the JP bandwagon so badly he literally made a fanfiction out of a Conan Doyle novel. He didn't even change the title.
>the writers of the Jurassic World movies even fucked this up by saying sorna is now devoid of dinosaurs
Does this shit really happen in TLK?

DnD are on their way to further destroy Star Wars

It may not be popular, but Kevin Feige watches Star Trek. MCU copied the actors signing their end credits like in Star Trek The Motion Picture. I'm scared that Feige will apply Star Trek concepts to the MCU. Like the Orville did. And nobody will care because Star Trek is "not popular."

GoT and Star Wars being made by people nowhere near the originals; it is literal fanfic. Harry Potter dipped in quality because Rowling is just in it for the shekels and the MCU has maintained the same quality, for better or worse, throughout it's run.

>Alan Moore
Read about 200 books from before 1950 that are weaved into the LXG

I do like that the mech mage has one withered arm like me, i need to go to the Mars Forge and make an exoskeleton like he did

>like in Star Trek The Motion Picture
The Undiscovered Country

What was the point of the chrome storm trooper?

To subvert expectations. JJ was doing it before it was cool.

LotR is pretty clear cut in Not Tolkien = Not Canon though.
There have been how many godawful video games now, but nobody gives a shit because the source material is all that matters.

It was a prototype for Kylo Ren's costume, they changed him to a black outfit and invented Phasma in the weeks before production

Who got it the worst?

Attached: Bald Bad Guys.png (931x533, 660K)

hopefully this damages the got spin offs and nu wars movies

The new Star Trek movies are Michael Bay action type trash. The Walking Dead is fan fiction shit also. Supernatural needs to hang it up too.

We got fucking cleganebowl. That's how bad the writing has gotten. I loved this show so much. This is too sad.

>Supernatural
A show for poofters and holes

Good source material though.

I sure ain't watching any spin offs

>the long night is supposed to represent mankind vs imminet natural disaster, or climate change
>supposed to be the main battle, showing that while people were distracted fighting each other bigger problems loomed
>nk is the personification of all that

Instead

>long night was really average length night, nk killed relatively quickly
>only half of an army died
>used as a tepid plot point to level the playing field before battle for the throne

star trek beyond was better than any tng movie

valyria is going to be a multi gender, multicultural mutt land, with next to no dragons

thats not saying much

MCU sucks indeed

>Game of Thrones
>Star Wars
>Harry Potter
>The MCU
>What's next?
You didn't listen
It's too late now.

Attached: A weapon to Surpass Metal Gear.png (1081x950, 111K)

>I'm sticking to books. They can't fuck those up
ehh...

Witcher will suck

The MCU won't fall off until The Eternals. Then it's all downhill.

one franchise lives on

Attached: 1552425456467.jpg (3840x2160, 605K)

Spooky

I thought it was spongebob from looking at the thumbnail

Please Hollywood, gib good Godzilla part dos

It fell with Endgame, but people will only recognize it later

This is the lowest point in writing history in general.

Based writers' union

Meh franshise overall. Tell me how it competes with (Original/Old) Star Wars?

General Veers was my favorite Imperial officer as a kid but then when I got older I realized I had seen Julian Glover in a lot of other stuff and never known it, he's a really good actor.