/RBMK/ Chernobyl - New episode in 3.6 hours

There's more tripfags than they're saying. We have waifus here. We have cunnies. I say we evacuate the board.

Previous:

Attached: Kl9URR6.png (439x451, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a518055.pdf
articlesbyaphysicist.com/ch1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tkE-fQO6Kuo
thesovietrussia.com
soviet-power.com/product.php?cat=19
rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5574933636&toolid=10001&campid=5336728181&customid=&icep_uq=soviet firefighter&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster
youtu.be/_asNhzXq72w
youtube.com/watch?v=JDUxc6MLXoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

THERE IS NO CORE

Attached: _.jpg (510x510, 24K)

It’s just the feed water, I’ve seen worse.

Post yfw you get sent to the roof

Attached: chernobree.png (633x758, 20K)

Delusional

bless this thread with all the iodine you'd ever want

Attached: tfw no iodine 1.jpg (1478x1462, 196K)

God I need a new episode

3.6 roentgen till new episode

Attached: 1557777517730.jpg (524x800, 266K)

>Hello?
>Anonymous?
>Yes?
>You're the anonymous who is the first deputy director of the Yea Forums institute of atomic shitposts?
>Yes, who am I spea...
>This is Admin, deputy chairmen of the Council of Ministers and Head of the Bureau of Memes and Shitposts. There's been an accident at the Kinobyl Nuclear Meme Plant.
>How bad is it?
>No, no need to panic. There was a tripfaggot, he's mostly gone now. The system control tank exploded.
>Control system tank. And the core?
>We wanted them to continuously pump memes.
>Yes, I see. Any contamination?
>It's minor, the plant manager Mod is reporting 3.6 shitposts per hour.
>That's actually significant, you should evacuate the boar..
>You are an expert on RBMK reactors, correct?
>Yes, I've studied...
>General Secretary Hiroshimoot has appointed a commitee to manage the accident. You're on it. We'll convene at 2 this afternoon.
>That late? Forgive me but, don't you think, given the amount of shitposts that it would be...
>Anonymous, you're on this commitee to answer direct questions about the shitposts of a RBMK reactor, if they should happen to arise. Nothing else, certainly not policy. Do you understand?

This man is delusional take him to the imfirmary

I already told you to stop posting that low res abomination. Use this instead.

Attached: iodinewaifu.jpg (960x960, 327K)

They do drink a lot of coffee

she's 5/10

OP is delusional.

agree to make this the first post of each thread?

>tfw stared straight into reactor 4
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (720x720, 268K)

would get on one knee and propose

give me funny maymay photoshop ideas
note: I am a very not good amateur

Sometimes we forget, sometimes we fall prey to mods, but our faith in shitposting will always be rewarded. The jannies tell the tripfag here is not dangerous, have faith comrades, the jannies say they want to prevent bans, listen well. It's true when anons see the ban warnings they will be afraid but it is my experience that when anons make posts that are not in their own best interest, they should simply be told to keep their mind on shitposting and leave matters of the board to the mods.
We filter trips, no one leaves, and contain the spread of tripfags, that is how we keep the anons from undermining the fruits of their own labour... yes comrades, we will all be rewarded for what we do in these threads, this is our moment to shine.

Attached: EPpzkbg.png (979x636, 943K)

Why are these threads so cuddly-comf with hot coco and blankly?

everything electronic is affected

Does watching this make anyone else depressed? It creates a weird disdain for humanity as a whole that almost no other media has done.

Attached: 1338032124341.jpg (300x300, 27K)

>"May I see it?"
>"Yes!"
>mfw

Attached: You call it Cherenkov radiation despite the fact that it's ionizing the atmosphere.jpg (400x400, 38K)

S H I N E

Most electronics get fucked by radiation, mechanical should be fine unless you decide to hold it against the core for a while

Don't watch Threads

Digital circuits may short if exposed to high doses ionizing radiation if they lack the proper shielding, so a mechanical watch is your best bet.

t. satellite engineer

Attached: SEWIOUS.jpg (554x554, 80K)

mr Burns as Bryukhanov, Smithers as Fomin and Simpson as Dyatlov

Attached: 1557607980249.jpg (1023x756, 324K)

quartz clocks should be fine but we know for sure that ionizing radiation from space effects them
apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a518055.pdf

No, but that browser simulator somebody linked earlier was making me way more stressed than it should. The fact that 1) I barely understood how it works, and 2) the fact that is just goes to complete shit in the blink of an eye didn't help. I think it was playing right into some personal fears of mine, like the fact that I tend to panic easily under duress.

sabed

Attached: IODINE.jpg (960x960, 556K)

>I tend to panic easily under duress.
how?

more lije DIEODINE ammirite fellas?

>yfw new episode in 4 hours

Attached: 5159mEJ.jpg (377x315, 26K)

SHE'S A 3.6 OUT OF 3.6 U CUNT

Attached: spit + gravity.gif (498x230, 2.26M)

link?

*Applause*

Attached: 5234.jpg (1920x1080, 138K)

I can't wait to look her up on wikifeet

>browser simulator
what?

How can human women even compete?

Attached: Chernobyl-Tan.jpg (1910x954, 425K)

I can't make split-second decisions for shit.

Why is this getting shilled so hard here? Genuinely curious. I watched the first episode and it was ok..
I pirated it btw

>Be Comrade Zharkov

>Born to a peasant family in Tsarist Ukraine

>Both of your brothers die before you're 15 after being conscripted to fight in a pointless war of imperialist ambition

>You pick up a gun to fight for the Green Armies after Lenin puts the Romanovs against the Wall

>The Party gives you the first year of harvest without blood since you were a boy

>The Party gives your people a place in government for the first time ever.

>The Party sends a poor peasant boy like you to study Marx and Hegel and Feuerbach in Moscow

>You serve with distinction as Commissar during the Great Patriotic War

>You see true wealth for the first time taking East Prussia villages from the fascists - why would people who have so much try to take from poor peasants like us?

>Your country transforms before your eyes, building great works and sending men to space in the name of the science of Marxism-Leninism

>Every reactionary and bourgeois sentimentalist silenced or censored comes hand-in-hand with a plant electrifying your old farmland with the power of the atom, or a shuttle for the MIR station orbiting above

>The very first reaction men have upon seeing what could be sabotage or a minor event is to send them and their country into panic

>you speak with the same words and conviction you learned in the trenches of the Caucus Campaign, when German bombers flew over you like untouchable Valkyries: have faith! This is the birth-pang of a new world. Trust in the party.

>You will not live to see the dissolution of the Supreme Soviet.

Attached: donald-sumpter-chernobyl-1557330028.jpg (480x479, 29K)

it's a gif

>articlesbyaphysicist.com/ch1.html
Post results :^)

can't you try calming techniques?

how do you die from looking at light?

What game are you playing?

How do you hurt your eyes from staring at the sun?

Threads fucked me up for a while. It made me scared of wars 10x more.

I THINK I GOOFED IT

Attached: got a case of the delusion poisoning.png (1302x1436, 1.17M)

OH FU-

Attached: 1531760486589.png (869x343, 52K)

What will season 2 be about?

Torrent first or after?

Fukushima.

OHNONONONONONO

Ouchi

Will this episode be Kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=tkE-fQO6Kuo

Attached: 1231.jpg (2436x2760, 1.96M)

They'll explode the other 3 cores for the series, it's not like ukraine is a real country.

WHAT DOES THE DOSIMETER SHOW?!

Attached: 1557690795121.jpg (550x620, 48K)

Got any source on a season 2?

I think the reactor's gone guys

Attached: 1529593214901.png (807x388, 21K)

Hi newb. Welcome to an actual phenomenon. This isn't shilling. 20 empty threads an hour hocking mainstream Hollywood fare, especially if the first post is a question, especially if it improperly addresses the board ("Do you guys like X?") -- that's classic shilling. This show is actually pretty good. Right now it's also unique in the entertainment landscape, which is like unanticipated steam voids on an undercooled core if you know what I mean.
The new LesMis is also good except for the crudely inserted tine-traveling negros.
Everything else is shit.

Season 2: People Continue to Die of Cancer

Miniseries always make for kino threads, we had the same atmosphere in The Terror and Taboo generals

Congratulations comrade, you fulfilled a five years energy output quota in five seconds!

You get to go home early, and don't forget your complementary tracksuit!

I CAN TASTE METAL, IT'S FUCKING RAAWW

Attached: chef.jpg (1082x713, 368K)

>the fact that I barely understood it
It's fucking nuclear physics, why would you understand it?
I literally don't understand anything on that page.

*bangs table enthusiastically with love for the state*

Looks like you've achieved nuclear fusion.
Well done, comrade.

Amazes me how Yea Forums can create a general and make so many memes based off of just one episode from a new tv show. This reminds me of the good old /tpg/ days when it first aired.

Oh this show is getting shilled hard? Have you checked the fucking catalog? Please count how many threads are about a certain show.

From the same people who gave us The starving of Holodomor, gulags and Marxism. Please give a round of applause for their latest gift

CERHNOBYL DISASTER!

Attached: 1_L_uBUcOn1-NvGPQFZ4XlrQ[1].png (1200x800, 20K)

New truckload of memes coming in soon too

>Jannie is in here

Attached: chernob3.jpg (643x499, 66K)

Attached: 1557533559734.jpg (680x834, 102K)

>tpg
Thinkpad general?

the principles of nuclear physics isn't very complicated, constructing a functioning reactor might be.

twin peaks I think

>drop radioactive material into water tank
>run steam through generator
simple

leave matters of the realm to the realm

Attached: 1557551832351.jpg (320x240, 54K)

On my second attempt, I was slowly working my way up to the 3500 watt output and seemed to be making good progress, and then I have no idea what happened. It'd probably help if the damn thing had a control log so you could see past actions, but I think I inserted the rods just 0.5 and everything went to shit before I even realized something was wrong. It was like there's no exact point where you go from "everything's fine comrade" to "complete fucking meltdown", but the point of failure exists only in some weird quantum state where it cannot be observed.

That's stressful as fuck, comrade.

Attached: 1233337.jpg (793x1260, 173K)

How would YOU get out of being sent to the roof lads?

im only a trip fag because I hate trip fags

>not bad

Attached: 1534168478945.jpg (511x488, 92K)

Attached: 1557681270531.png (658x900, 411K)

where can I buy one of those cool soviet firefighter hats?

Sick note from my mum

Cringe

really ionizes my atoms

literal galaxy brains over here.
I'm staring at that page like a retarded dog, I don't know anything.

>ywn post on /tpg/ during an airing season again

You are just a brainwashed capitalist who doesnt understand the struggle of the proletariat. Nothing is wrong. To question the state is treason. Everything is fine.
Everything is fine.
Everything is fine.

>ok, /end larp
The kind of weird and unnerving feeling that this show captures is really close to the type of dark, bleak aspect of humanity that I'm trying to capture in my latest project.
Sometimes, the most political statement doesnt even involve pointing out the obvious, but rather, ignoring it.
I thought that the best scene in ep 1 that pointed this out was the part where the higher ups were being given that speech by the old soviet officer. Theyre sitting in the situation room and completely inventing their own reality, meanwhile, everything around them is crumbling.
Im really interested in what the USSR sycophant antifags think about this show.
My bet is that they feel hyper conflicted by this, and will probably think/say its shitty anti-communist/pro-capitalist propaganda.

Pic related, part of the project im working on.

Attached: JPEG_20190503_132034.png (972x972, 1.84M)

vomit

fake radiation sickness

Attached: iodine.jpg (1097x1091, 166K)

what do her feet look like

delicious red candies user

only half of him got fried, pls fix

IONIZED.COM

how do you know

I just do user

what does RBMK stand for?

Lab X-18

Why couldn't the eagles just fly water into the core?

What would MacGyver do?

Attached: vlcsnap-2015-04-19-17h05m00s118[1].png (720x540, 659K)

Point out that a nuclear reactor is basically just a glorified pressure cooker, and you can have a steam explosion, therefore a reactor exploding is feasible.

the principle of Nuclear radiation is that heavy atoms fall apart and release bursts of energy as radiation and heat, which triggers other atoms to fall apart causing a chain reaction. The trick is to block some of the radiation to keep the chain reaction steady and not exponentially growing (thats an atomic bomb), you use the excess heat to warm water into steam and turn a turbine.

Weaksauce, i've seen worse.

Mother russia.

its russian for

Absolutely Does Not Explode

Are you stupid comrade?

High power reactor, I've seen K stand for either кaнaльный(channeled) or кипячeния(boiling) depending on the source

Greetings from glorious rodina of /k/!
There's a whole subculture of milsurp and Soviet mustard-gas-infused clothing articles ready for capitalist exchange of your generous dosh!
thesovietrussia.com

soviet-power.com/product.php?cat=19

rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5574933636&toolid=10001&campid=5336728181&customid=&icep_uq=soviet firefighter&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

>RBMK
Peaктop Бoльшoй Moщнocти Кaнaльный

>its shitty anti-communist/pro-capitalist propaganda
To the contrary, it's excellent anticommunist propaganda. It's all deeply dishonest, but they bring it so well. Tip of the hat to the makers.

Attached: 1548533596184.png (553x464, 130K)

High Power Channel-type Reactor

I have this uncanny feeling about radioactivity thats a mix of fear and fascination. Should I watch Chernobyl or skip it? Listening to numerical stations give me creeps, I suppose this would to.

No, but I think I may be delusional. I know, we should go together! Nothing like seeing it with your own eyes, right? No need to rely on the word on some delusional fool like me.

Can someone make a smug Pepe radiation cloud

Do you reckon the lads pumping the water are still alive?

They lied to me, there was no gf waiting for me on the roof

Attached: 1217055.jpg (786x524, 47K)

PUT IT IN THE GENERAL STICKY
WARN THEM IN THE OP POST
READ THE WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE FIRST
DO NOT COME HERE AND BOTHER PEOPLE WITH BASIC QUESTIONS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

Okay comrades we're in charge
We have to get power levels between 3500 and 3700MW for the next step

Evens decide command

Attached: reactor 1.png (581x522, 32K)

how long until the 1080p with english subs comes out?

Attached: 1445572064928.jpg (540x723, 127K)

>what game are you playing!?
>I'm just making shit up to pull your leg Ivan, you know me!
that was a prettty funny scene

Attached: 61862836818617637496763.jpg (680x681, 53K)

Any at least 720p stream for HBO? I'm not in US so no way to watch it through official streams.

how many hours left for real, comrades?

Attached: 1319859535985.jpg (1920x1080, 1.72M)

*3400-3600
also the power is nominal at 500MW

>tfw V. I. Lenin Nuclear Power Station Reactor 4 produces its five-year plan of energy production in the span of roughly three seconds

CAPITALISTS BTFO

Attached: smugbolshjevikpepe.jpg (900x900, 149K)

HUG ME CHERNOBYL-TAN!!!!

Judging by the pic someone posted last thread, yes. But at that point, is life really worth that amount of suffering? No I didn't save it, it scares me that that can happen to a human body.

lol

It's high quality television, definitely worth a watch but if you fear you might have nightmares...

I hear we're going to get hit with some gruesome gore in this upcoming episode.

Attached: 1271452917733.jpg (500x273, 12K)

It is kind of creepy and unsettling, not scary because it's not a horror show but still

We need some floodwater.

>Tfw this is the comfiest general on Yea Forums

based af lads hopefully the got refugees dont flock to here after their shitshow ends

I'm literally too dumb for this, user. Sorry, you tried at least.

Attached: 1512407248963.png (866x900, 94K)

Water is already flooding it at maximum capacity comrade

I DONT WANNA GO COMRADE

Attached: images.jpg (188x175, 10K)

Attached: 1557734648391.png (530x830, 572K)

I feel the same user. I've been living deep in the woods for 14 years. Scary movies do nothing for me in terms of being scared.

>this show freaks me out.

Attached: 1550229543530.jpg (2047x1951, 464K)

MOREEEEEEEEEEEEE

kek

Attached: cat.png (834x839, 832K)

someone link the CYOA chernobyl browser game while we wait

Everyone in this chernowhatever thread needs to have sex, stop watching pretentious """"kino"""" and instead go watch Game of Thrones.

target 1000000
rod 0

okay whos idea was it to put graphite tips on the control rods? huh?

SCRAM

>RBMK-2000 would be same size as RBMK-1000 but with more fuel for twice the power
Imagine the roentgens

yike

Attached: user report.png (900x676, 410K)

Hold this rock komrade and i'll show you.

>him sitting in the bunker afterwards disassociating while the dumb fucker that sent him is yelling his lungs out at him

Attached: 1366385850526.gif (200x150, 966K)

What did he see, lads?

>around 7.2

Slightly unbearable but still bearable

mistakes were made but not by me

Attached: IASIP1.png (1902x1314, 119K)

There've been some commie shills in these threads before commenting on how this shitshow was amazingly contained and how few people died immediately.

Somehow they forgot soviet incompetence and idiocy sentenced a whole generation of europeans to live with weird birth defects or highly elevated cancer rates.

rod 0.45

Attached: Well then.png (215x200, 48K)

Everything.

How can I take an operator seriously that doesn't have a mustache ...

Love ya.

Oh its goddamn brilliant if you ask me, I just think that will be the criticism from the faggots who adore stalinist russia. The mental gymnastics you need to do to watch this and have a sense of pride for the USSR has to be some olympic grade shit

it's too high IQ for them, we'll be fine

why are you spreading misinformation about state secrets comrad user?

Brit accents lmao

what were they THINKING?

I'm excited for more laughs today.

Attached: death star my ass.png (410x546, 398K)

"I already told you the reactor is gone and you don't believe me, why would you trust me now?"

lookin good

Attached: RED.jpg (849x846, 230K)

>He keeps saying the same thing every day

wew

not him but you could admire other things while still understanding how prone to corruption and near-sightedness the soviet system was.

Okay Comrade, the rods have been pulled up

Next command? odds or evens
no delusional commands please

Attached: reactor 2.png (540x428, 23K)

Attached: 1547344740974.jpg (640x639, 60K)

Electric generators work on a spinning wheel with alternating magnets. We have to get that wheel to spin. We could use a diesel motor (which is actually their backup and a critical part of the story). We could put a wheel under a waterfall, which is what they used before nukes, and that's what hydroelectric dams are. We could heat up water over burning coal and have the rising steam turn the dynamo, which is what they used before hydro.
Radioactive material is radioactive because it's shooting out little particles. It's doing that by itself already, but it does so a lot more if you jab in certain materials.
So reactor operations are a matter of speeding up or slowing down that heat, making it hotter or slower, by jabbing in a huge graphite-tipped rod, and using water for three reasons:
>the water heated to becoming steam is the thing making electricity
>water cools it
>water absorbs free neutrons and serves as a kind of protection from radiation

Attached: 1506020045159.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Attached: mike.png (183x218, 73K)

>he keeps acknowledging him every day
newfag

they'd just get the guard to escort you. yer fucked m8

REMINDER to watch the stream with everyone else

>Turn on the emergency cooling system
>Temperature increases by 300 million degrees
I refuse to believe this is how reactors work

water

Attached: 1535612333128.jpg (344x366, 11K)

With communism on your side, you can make them work that way.

I'll be watching it on my TV through my TV service provider through which I have HBO added into my package.

youtu.be/_asNhzXq72w

Attached: if you only knew.png (1133x1058, 1.73M)

target 3500
cool 0.9

We should power all of the Ukranian SSR with this

Attached: 1538933461243.jpg (601x469, 48K)

Not a physicist but apparently Dyatlov's defense is that there was a semi-secret history of sudden unexplained surges and that was what doomed the experiment. Very similar organizationally to the Boeing Max situation, where American pilots came forward and talked about having seen the MCAS computer error but made the right decision in the split-second time frame.

Attached: 1520971595079.png (1098x779, 623K)

Okay, I think I got it now. Thanks for your replies.

Attached: 2l32n7.jpg (1022x946, 80K)

Can't wait for the mary sue character!

Attached: 1557397379969.png (625x644, 438K)

>she doesn't even have social media

Attached: Nadia-Clifford-Jane-Eyre-Tim-Delap-Rochester-Photo-by-BrinkhoffMÂgenburg-900.jpg (900x600, 160K)

akimov lived for 15 days.

POWER STEADILY INCREASING COMRADE

I really like this image.

Attached: 1508105103806.jpg (400x216, 17K)

u on the left

Attached: Paul-Mundell-Nadia-Clifford-Jane-Eyre-NT-Jane-Eyre-Tour-2017-Photo-by-BrinkhoffMgenburgJPG.jpg (615x409, 42K)

Use a drinking bird to safely remove the fuel from the reactor

underrated

YOU BLEW IT

Attached: reactor 4.png (513x380, 46K)

COMRADE ARE WE HITTING IDEAL NUMBERS?

>amazingly contained
There is so much wrong with that assessment that I can't even begin to address. It genuinely scares me that there are people who believe shit like this.
I know what you mean, but to me, that is a dangerous mindset. The fucking nazi sycophants that inhabit /pol/ say the same shit. "Hitler did so much good, yadda yadda"
This kind of mentality among groups like these are how we will end up repeating history. Before we know it, there will be legitimate political parties representing both sides of the same batshit crazy coin.
>the future is bleak, but its not dull, thats for sure

>survived 15 days as his body melted horrifically
>"lived"
Pick one and only one, comrade.

This guy was scarier than all the radiation and fire. The true devilish face of authoritarian bureaucracy.

The perfect woman

He's not sad that he's dying, he's seen perfection and is accepting his fate with peace.

Attached: Chernobyl Chan.png (1676x2845, 2.79M)

OHNONONONONONONONONONO

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif (480x480, 2.03M)

test post

This. Absolutely and unironically. HBO´s Chernobyl is an appetizer all things considered.

nice, lots of power going, good job

Attached: tenor[1].gif (498x262, 1.81M)

Actually what did he see? Billowing smoke and the white fire?

>highly elevated cancer rates

and this was a result of Chernobyl and nothing else....

Attached: 1557614472287.jpg (394x401, 38K)

huzzah

Attached: soundslikecommunistpropagandabutok.jpg (1000x717, 123K)

Congratulations on reaching the 5 year plan quota in 5 seconds, comrade!
I believe a lengthy vacation in the Far East will prove sufficient reward for such devoted service to the state.

Whats even scarier is that there are people who legitimately cheered when he finished his speech.

And I'm not talking about the cast on the show.

>tfw won't be able to watch the episode until after work tomorrow

Attached: 1557656797878.jpg (1088x855, 272K)

Attached: kanedovitch reactor.jpg (720x306, 112K)

youtube.com/watch?v=JDUxc6MLXoM

GENTLEMEN.

BEHOLD!

I HAVE PLACED GRAPHITE AT THE END OF CONTROL RODS!

NOTHING CAN GO WRO-OH NO!

>ywn
why even continue not dying from radiation poisoning

Attached: nose pinch.png (342x345, 187K)

I got her dossier here, comrade. From the KGB.

Attached: iodine_gf_cv.png (608x398, 12K)

lmao no we were supposed to cheer for the waifus and cunnies guy not the old stalinist

Attached: 1544973082488.jpg (470x470, 31K)

The problem is that once that shit started, there was nothing they could do since the "shutdown makes shit explode" quirk wasn't in the manual. The off switch is literally what made it explode.

based tard wrangler

>not picking the privilege of continued life under glorious soviet socialism

>Dyatalov
More like Bylatalov

Attached: legolaugh.jpg (365x346, 16K)

Burning graphite

That version has the second Dominic.

Attached: 1526454297185.jpg (680x834, 141K)

Lads is it comfy being a nuclear engineer or shit? Meme’s aside it sounds comfy

Attached: 8E919638-D2F2-4E89-B7AA-A2797C9747A0.jpg (720x469, 71K)

dont watch Death of Stalin

>American southern
fucking british people

Attached: coral.jpg (480x360, 39K)

Attached: 1547622598875.png (808x805, 612K)

kek

tool me awhile to figure it out. during normal plant operation:

>eccs should always be ON
turning it off allows pressure to build up
>cold should stay at 1
turning it off seems to stop generation
>cool should be set to something relatively high, close to 1. you probably dont even need to touch it
shit keeps the plant cool
>your manual rod control should be set to a level where your automatic rods can stay about half way deployed
>set the target power to something low (start with 500) and slowly crank it up to 3500

Yeah I saw that joke of a movie as well. Pretty crazy anglos unironically don't see what's wrong with it and how much of a missed opportunity it is. They don't realize theyre just setting the bar low for themselves as a target audience.

Probably end up with a lot of stress since the buildings are huge and so much to manage. I doubt it is comfy

what was even the point of the test?

like why bother trying to learn how to juggle shit if you don't want everything to get shitty?

Attached: somethings fucky.gif (499x269, 907K)

nigger

Same. :/

How do they write a Chernobyl episode lads?

Attached: benioff_and_weiss_getty_ringer.0.jpg (1200x800, 213K)

After that test they modified the designs of reactors all around the world. Without that test who knows how many more Chernobyls could've happened all around the world.

it was predictable but it still gave me a good chuckle, very nice user

chillax, it's only 3.6 Roentgen

They were supposed to do the test before the thing was even fully operational but they all decided to say fuck it so they could impress their bosses and get bonuses.

The reactor didn't explode. Would subvert all of our expectations.

There still are 10 RBMKs up and running.

don't talk to the shill. they do the same thing in every thread and have no actual interest in discussion. It's just bait to call meany names

Attached: contain misinformation then worry about radiation.jpg (558x495, 58K)

In the event of an emergency or a shutdown there was a gap between the nuclear system and the backup system of diesel generators. They're an electricty supplier. They want to keep the lights on.

>tfw live in a nation that is phasing out nuclear power because of green boomers and fearmongering hippie faggots
>can't be one even if I wanted to

To answer your question, if you have the smarts necessary and interest beyond this single kino miniseries, you can try.
It's well-paying and safe, and once normalfags swallow the green nuclear energy pill and thorium reactors become a thing, people in the field will be in high demand.

Attached: 1527534453051.jpg (540x680, 47K)

I NEED WATER IN MY REACTOR CORE COMRADE ARTHUR

>Dyatlov kind of forgot about the operating manual

all modified after chernobyl

I really suck at this

Attached: oh f-.gif (355x489, 1.38M)

Perfectly good by itself but shouldn't be taken as an accurate representation.

is there something as kino as chernobyl running right now?

France is liberal and progressive but are the leaders in nuclear. Germany is cucked and all high on the wind solar scam

Attached: 2yhfdadhcfx21.png (638x482, 330K)

To be honest the hilarity of the movie would've improved if they all tried Russian accents as well. It's a huge missed opportunity all around.

They were supposed to do the test in normal mode, but accidentally poisoned the reactor with xenon, so it dropped to low power, they decided to carry on anyway. It turned out RMBKs aren't very stable at low power.

Death rates all around spiked when the Soviet Union fell. Capitalism brought more death and ruin than radiation ever could.

Capitalist ruin creates so much statistical death noise that a link cannot be scientifically established.

Attached: fredgraph.png (880x460, 37K)

Its on BTN the moment it airs

Cherenkov radiation.

>The test succeeds
>Akimov decides to remove all the control rods anyway

Attached: 1525846833304.jpg (1078x1356, 987K)

BTN?

user, shoot your cummies right into my lower biological shield..

Attached: 1557698029420.jpg (1910x954, 149K)

Maybe the new LesMis with Dom West. But it has time-travelling negroes, such as threw off the 2000 election, and the story's not exactly new. It spends more time on everything the musical rushes.

In case of a blackout it took ~1min to get the backup diesel engines running on full speed.
That was deemed too high a risk, so they thought it would be cool to power cooling system with the remaining rotational energy of the turbines.
After the test went wrong 3 times, they said fuck it and disregarded all instructions. But because some of those instructions were actually useful and the shitty reactor design was a state secret, nobody in the control room knew what was going on.

No one cares about dead Russkies.

what year was putin elected again?

bylat, Toptinov, net!

Attached: 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.jpg (400x400, 54K)

Anglos apparently do.

Correction (heh): shock value oligarchic kleptocracy masquerading as capitalism.

any stream later?

Saw a documentary a while back. If some of the leaking material hit the underground water reservoir it would ignite in a 100x more powerfull explosion that would be way more powerfull than the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atom bombs. They sent slavs in manually to dig and fill in a concrete tomb underneath the reactor.

Slavs always get the job done. Very primitive but still.

Their remote controlled vehicles stopped working due to the radiation levels

>turning eccs off
ya blew it

>nation falls apart into a new generation of economic turmoil for all who were a part of it
>CAPITALISM DID THIS
look i think capitalism is dangerous cryptooligarchy too but nah senpai

Don't know what effects cooling has but I can tell you how to juggle rods.
There are two sets of rods, three automatic "target" rods and 5 manual rods.
The automatic rods move up and down according to the wattage of the reactor to keep it around your target value, but they can only control a limited range since their regulative power is limited by their length, once they're all in or all out, they can't change the value.
What you need to do is slowly move the manual roads up while the automatic rods drop down to keep the wattage at your value, then up the wattage of the automatic rods, making sure that the automatic ones never reach the top or bottom.

Got me, it's germany.

thats not death rates, that shows a spike in life expectancy

Attached: 1555814060823.jpg (512x422, 29K)

read the thread before posting

>commies just zerg rushed the reactor
works every time

Yeah and they had to dig the hole much bigger so they could bring in refrigeration equipment as well to cool off the molten mass, but they never even ended up using it.

That always seemed like bs to me, like i get that there is a lot of hot lava and that it would create a steam explosion but why would it create a massive explosion comparable to a nuclear weapon?

GIVE LINK BEFORE I PISS MYSELF

>things go to shit after an entire economic system collapses
who'd a thunk

I was saving it for an emergency

>that face when not good, but not terrible either

Attached: 8DAF7901-BC57-4A07-B13D-47E7C458E60B.jpg (960x960, 356K)

Right, life expectancy cratered under Larry Summers and Bill Browder's "shock treatment" (simple robbery of state assets and empowerment of oligarchs) and you see a clear trend upwards once Putin rights the ship.
Gee why do they support him I don't know it must be a dictatorship duh.

first episode webm, m'lord?

Attached: ep 1 madlad.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

Because it is one. It's doing fission, which is the same operation.

BroadcastTheNet

Eccs triggers automatically while on, does it not?

The basement goes under the entire plant, if a thermal explosion occurred under there it would have taken the other 3 reactors with it

Only as a precaution that soviet mentality leads to disasters.

Holy shit, I actually laughed hard at a Simpson's edit.

episode preview said there was danger of making the continent uninhabitable...this is creative license, right? Would the absolute worst case scenario of nuclear plant malfunction include the possibility of making even a country sized crop of land irradiated and unusable?

I'm pretty anti-hippie, but isn't that extreme tail-risk? As in Nuclear power has a small chance of being very very bad, compared to coal which has a moderate chance of only being bad?

Attached: groyp_no_322.png (225x225, 44K)

It's not really soviet mentality but it's hubris. Something anyone is prone to. See: Titanic or the Third Reich or Vietnam.

Change "system control tank exploded" to "Captca crashed" and change "RBMK" to [s4s] or Autism.

Why would it experience a supercriticality? The fuel is mixed into sand and other elements and it was low enriched uranium to begin with. You need much higher enrichment for nuclear weapons and it is still hard to bring a supercritical mass together fast enough that it doesn't fizzle out

>quad-chernobyl

Attached: 1539876340083.jpg (960x960, 110K)

THIS SIMULATION IS IMPOSSIBLE

it was already pretty bad
it could have been so, so much worse

Attached: chernobyl fallout.webm (720x404, 1.67M)

Uninhabitable in the sense that normies would die but chadmutants would thrive and repopulate. If anything it would be a jumpstart to human evolution.

Oh yeah the other reactors, didnt think of that. Still wouldn't be a nuclear explosion though

>tfw fireman in USSR and get called out to a fire in the nuclear plant

Attached: 70FCD728-8804-48C5-9DC6-19FBDF28EA28.jpg (646x595, 42K)

it was just the roof comrade

It's not quite that simple. When the USSR collapsed, all the state-owned companies were split into shares, and the shares were distributed to the people working in them. There was just one problem; none of the workers really knew how the shares worked, only that they were worth some money, and they needed food, so nearly all of them simply sold their shares, eventually leading to all the former Soviet owned companies end up in the hands of a handful of oligarchs who could afford to buy all those shares.

And when USSR disappeared, so did the free healthcare, along many other things that people formerly took for granted, and that's why you still got loads of people who're still nostalgic for the communist period.

its super easy:

>always manually set rods with rod X such that the automatic rods are always near the middle of their range
>slowly increase target X in 200 intervals until target is at 3500
>dont fiddle with anything else

Attached: 1531305849897.png (1314x864, 240K)

The plant was next to a river and near Kiev.
Shit would be pretty fucked, but uninhabitable no, except for northern ukraine and belarus

I suppose it would have been difficult to estimate the exact extent of the worst case scenario on the spot like that, but as far as I understand, if the core had burned out, instead of being put out, something like 100x more radio active stuff would have been scattered into the atmosphere, what effect would that have had on the continent, who can really tell ...

>tfw dayshift

Attached: SWEATS.webm (1920x1080, 708K)

Communism destroyed my people and my country. Fuck Lenin, Stalin, and all of (((them))) who destroyed us.

It's the same thing you mongoloid. It's just capitalism without the mask. And it's happening in the US now too, ever since the socialist boogeyman has gone away and workers have stopped being bribed with welfare..

WHAT DO YOU SEE!!!?

>double kino

How many roentgens did countries like France and UK get hit with? Can't be that many.

just burning tar comrade, is only smellz

what did papa mean by this?

Attached: putin jews.jpg (1733x1080, 134K)

Why did they stick graphite at the end of the control rods? It's true but seems dumb.

I don't get how on a nuclear power plant there was not one working dosimeter.

let's go

>ussr
>incompetant
you're surprised?

what are you talking about, we have multiple dosimeters all working fine and reading 3.6 roentgens

There are speculations that one of the two explosions was actually of nuclear nature, similar to a fizzle

Why would you need a dosimeter in an NPP that's working perfectly well, comrade?

>Eastern wind protecting Denmark from the worst fallout

Get fucked Sweden. Wind power > Nuclear power the debate is over.

Attached: 1555537011559.gif (680x331, 2.44M)

Capitalism is fine if you control it and horrifying if you just let a tiny cabal gobble everything up.
Similarly, nuckear power is perfectly fine if you're not these guys and horrifying if you do what they did.
It's not inherently good or evil, it's a function of what you do with it.

correct
with the containment procedures that almost didn't work, but did in the end

the thought of nuclear radiation makes me feel sick

everytime I watch a nuclear disaster film or topic and people go near the source my balls crawl back up and i feel sick

nothing else does this

Attached: 1445972464054.jpg (482x427, 36K)

based danebro

>le based centrist

Dumbass, the battle lines are drawn. Stand up for your people and our way of life because the other side seeks to destroy it. Indifference and apathy is just as bad as those who seek to overthrow what was built.

Embrace the fight, embrace victory.