Episode 5 saved the Season

change my mind, you cant

Attached: aykqfol1igw21.jpg (800x800, 130K)

ugly kikes

It was definitely what the show needed. But not what the writers deserved.

>this badly written battle was slightly better than the other badly written battle
ok

It was the first good episode since the season 6 finale but nah the show pretty much died after tyrion shot his pops

I can’t believe they said this!

Attached: FE3D5AE9-99B2-43F2-9F8A-6EC3DB5880DD.png (1191x506, 192K)

It saved the entire fucking show actually. I almost forgive them for butchering stannis, dorne and the white walkers. Who would have thought fucking danaerys was the final boss lmao. Bravo grrm, bravo dnd.

I did. Everyone with half a brain cell did. I wish I could find the guy who mocked me for saying this would happen the other week. God I’d love to find him. I would starve him so hard.

It was a pretty good episode but if the writing wasn't the god awful shit it was in episode 4 Cersei would've killed Dany and this wouldn't happen. It's impossible to save this season

This was the first episode that felt like it came from GRRM’s books (well not the dialog but the genera story) since season five, when most of the story was still from the books.

It was, but it was all really out of tune and not earned at all. Why did Jamie just 360, he knew they were marching to kill Cersei all along. Why did Sandor also just remember about his brother. Why did Dany just sit there until she got angry enough to not just eat Cersei but for some dumb reason torch civilians? If you literally turn your brain off the episode certainly does have the echoes of the Red Wedding, but sadly D&D can't write characters for shit and couldn't give us a tragic play and instead paraded a few sock puppets in front of a CGI dragon.

True and same.

Pretty sure Sandor told his brother he was coming for him when they were done with the dead. Which is stupid but I think that’s what they set up. And I think Jaime was supposed to have been trying to be over Cercei and be happy but he couldn’t get it out of his mind when he was trying to sleep, which is kind of believable as I have shit eat away at me at night sometimes.

If they get a dialogue writer and someone to specifically manage plot feasibility, their star wars could non-ironically pull off being approvingly mediocre. Which in todays climate would be a breath of fresh air

You've never read the books

and who are you exactly?

Yes I have, in 2013. And this is absolutely what GRRM plans to have happen. Aegon is going to take Kingslanding pretty early in TWOW and by the time we get to the ending the people will know and love him so it will be believable why Dany would want to torch all the citizens of Kingslanding. That’s also why they had Varys intricate in this, because he’s Aegons most important supporter. And it’s why Jon has the name Aegon in the show. Jon will probably realize he has to kill her and his family will never be safe after seeing what she does to Aegon who they may never find out is a fake. When you account for those changes this feels like the real story.

good visuals but shit writing

*by the time we get to the ending of ADOS
So there will also be a lot of build up to this as well as however different the Long Night is in the books

good episode

I tried watching the post show to see if there were going to be another gem like 'kinda forgot about the iron fleet' but god damn, they both have such punchable faces.

The general end result was probably what GRRM intended but the execution was horrible. How did Dany's dragons go from being one-shotted by a pirate to burning every single Scorpion in King's Landing with ease? Why didn't Dany just destroy Euron's fleet as soon as Rhaegal died last episode? Why did she suddenly have a full-size army when they were supposed to have taken heavy losses after the war against the dead? Why was Tyrion able to free Jaime without any repercussions before the battle? Why would she even bother burning the city when everyone was already shit scared of Drogon and burning the Red Keep would have accomplished the same result? Why do the buildings blow up after getting torched when Viserion's breath couldn't even destroy a tiny wall that Jon was hiding behind? It's just as poor as the rest of the series after Season 4 and D&D owning the libs doesn't excuse the fact that they're hacks and they always have been hacks.

The Only reason why I kind of liked the episode was so that all the smug faggots I know irl who love Dany would constantly say "Bro it's just a show, don't think too much about it" whenever I mention any stupidity from Episode 3 (Dothraki Charge, Everyone outside the Castle, artillery in front, Trench behind everyone, Yaaaaassss Queeeeennn, etc.). Now they're complaining about why Dany would do such a thing.

lmao dude just turn your mind off and sip your budweiser.

Attached: The NPCs have turned on the show as well.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

>fuck up everything on the way
>finally reach major plot point that george came up with 30 years ago
>somehow its considered redemption

My point is - those things can be made to make sense if they had given them more screentime to set up properly. But they didn't and were laughable.

Exactly, this is the biggest problem. All this shit is happening too fast and leaving massive gaps that you basically have to fill with a sensible headcanon, it's awful storytelling and writing.

>Why didn't Dany just destroy Euron's fleet as soon as Rhaegal died last episode?
People leave out the factor of surprise and needing to spend some time to prepare and think.

>kings landing
>white