Alright tv, what did I think of it?

alright tv, what did I think of it?

Attached: 1_CRGfKaq51bl8PkwNi9Jl7w.jpg (1600x2452, 459K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=STE_ugj7s2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off, this is a GoT board exclusively.

Best Godzilla movie

Way better than Hollywood fatzilla.

Perfect answer to the 1954 original.

It was very good but I'm a 39 year old virgin, what do I know?
Watch this too, Japs know films.

Attached: uk-quad-poster-web-768x576.jpg (768x576, 107K)

You thought it was a decent movie on its own but that it's comparable to the average Godzilla movie when looked at from the perspective of the entire series, and that only contrarians latch onto it as being the best because of its own mediocrity and the fact it's new.

I got to watch this completely blind and was pleasantly surprised
The atomic breath scene fucked me up and that one girl was cute

One of my favorite movies

>tfw shin 2 never
fucking Hollywood dragging other countries' cinema down with them

Pretty sure Anno can do whatever he wants

>tfw shin 2 never

Why not?

dude jabaneez gubburment bad XD
thanks anno

They want to do shared monsterverse just like Hollywood now.

Kino, nuff said

Toho dropped it to go back to their regular format to compete with Burgerzilla

I didn't like it at first, but after finishing the movie and reflecting on it, I think it did Godzilla justice and was an effective commentary, more so than even the original. that said, I think it's the second best godzilla from a film standpoint, only just behind the original.

Attached: shin godzilla.png (1024x373, 713K)

Because Anno and tbqh I don't think a shin 2 would be good with little humanoid mutant godzillas running around
The film and the ending was perfect, just let it be perfect.

Personally I loved the Japanese nationalism undertones of the film.
I'm not a Japanese but it's refreshing to see that there are nations that are not yet completely cucked and they want to remove the invaders from their land.

Aye this safe playing shit trying to cash in on previous successes is getting old.

Atomic breath scene was fucking awesome

It's a good ending for the thinly-veiled fukushima metaphor- now Japan is stuck with a giant radioactive frozen monster right in the middle of tokyo. But it was also obviously sequel bait for the most interesting thing Toho has done with Godzilla in decades. You're right though the zombie humanoid things would probably turn out lame

You enjoyed the night scene and thought it was one of the best monster scene of the last decade, the soundtrack also felt like honey to your ears

Shame. I'd like to see them redesign other monsters from the godzilla universe tbqh.

Not enough zilla too much autistic boardroom planning

Soundtrack was just copy paste from evangelion

>implying that is a bad thing

japs have far out-thicc'd fatzilla

Attached: godzilla-planet-of-the-monsters-1102468-1280x0.jpg (1280x704, 43K)

youtube.com/watch?v=STE_ugj7s2M

i don't remember this music in evangelion

Great stuff, but a lot of the human drama sucked more than usual for a Godzilla movie. Just because it mirrors the problems with Japanese bureaucracy doesn't mean it's any more interesting to watch.

also: anyone here that hasn't seen Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo yet go correct that shit right now.

Attached: 117873_16.jpg (529x750, 143K)

name some Godzilla movies where the human plot isn't completely retarded. Shin's pacing may have been clunky but at least it had a point.

Ebirah's was pretty good I guess. But that was more of an adventure flick that happened to have kaiju in it.

Just amassing mass for centuries, bro!

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla had my favorite human plot. The ape aliens were cool, and it didn't take up 90% of the running time like in other godzilla films. There's quite a bit of kaiju action

1984 reboot had good human plot. I also appreciate the goofy nature of Final Wars, first Ghidorah movie and vs. Gigan.