What was the point of his arc?

What was the point of his arc?

Attached: file.png (625x415, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EA7UQOYskas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who the fuck knows.
He should have died during the White Walker siege.

to fuck the ugly girl.

What’s with brainlets thinking every character has to have a redemption arc, from le bad to le good? He was an imperfect man, his biggest flaw being his undying love for cersei. It cost him his life

To put a baby in brienne the tard.

No matter how much you try to fool yourself, you can't hide from who you really are

who the fuck cares, just another man in a QUEEEENNNNS show

It's not about a redemption arc it's about his arc getting somewhere and not being incoherent as fuck, retard.

>have 10/10 sister.
>Decide to fuck the ugly woman who is conventiently also an honorable knight, because it gels better with how you see yourself.
All is vanity. What a stupid cunt.

Attached: 4584EFE4-209B-410E-A476-13F440779579.png (521x444, 303K)

>Faggots claiming he was going to assassinate Cersei after episode 4 because obviously they wouldn't just throw away his redemption arc.
>Tried to remind them D&D are retarded hacks, and they likely did just throw away Jamie's redemption arc
>Got spammed by seething spergs about how I was obviously wrong
I wonder how they feel now?

What was incoherent about it

>haha let's throw away his whole progression so we can kill him with his sister

What arc? He ended up in exactly the same place he was in S1.

Well now they are staying stupid shit like this.

It doesn't have to be a redemption. But after 8 seasons of being a main character, he shouldn't be the exact same as S1E1.

He was a cuck.

>Jamie and Cersei come into this world together
>Jamie and Cersei go out of this world together
We all knew this was going to happen because it's like pottery.

He was a honorable man

I love how these GOT fans aren't getting their "head canon" storybook endings, in a show inspired by GRR Martin. You idiots should have expected this sort of shit. There is no justice in the world. No destiny or fate is assured. Random chance is far deadlier than the worst assassin.

Dany going mad queen was ALWAYS a legitimate option. No one promised you a happy ending for your favorite character, and guess what? You're not going to get one. Welcome to real life, snowflakes.

>But after 8 seasons of being a main character, he shouldn't be the exact same as S1E1.
says who? this idea that a character must follow some sort of arc is brainlet tier.

To show that even though everyone can be redeemed, not everyone wants to be redeemed.

Jaime was a useful character all throughout the series for a variety of reasons. I think they could've written him better but it's fine like this, I'm just happy his plotline wasn't as poorly executed as Bran's, who hasn't done anything useful outside of telling us, the viewers, about the backstory.

The undying love makes no sense. He refuses Cersei outright in the books and spends two books contemplating his utter betrayal by all his family members. He isn't really hostile to the Starks at all after losing his hand because it was all his fault

Book Jaime simply would not go back to his sister

You were right, I was wrong. Fuck D&D

Are you a fucking highschool dropout an arc has to lead someahere

Jaime never stopped loving Cersei, how can you guys be this retarded

Attached: 1557678519767.png (1080x1080, 1.32M)

SUBVERTED

>he shouldn't be the exact same as S1E1.
he isn't though. s1e1 Jaime didn't even acknowledge his flows. s8 Jaime acknowledges them and accepts that he's fucked up.

this is the kind of basic retard storytelling you learn in high school lol not every story has to follow a specific direction based on pre established rules. just say you wanted his character to have a different ending and move on

To get JUSTed

If nothing happens, there is no reason to watch or care. If Jaimie is going to do anything, why waste time with him? Like what does it matter that he left Cersei to fight the dead? He did nothing in the fight and was right back with her a couple episodes later. It was literally filler content.

self acceptance

What was the point of the entire show at this point

Attached: yuk.jpg (1008x816, 310K)

lol people die and people fight each other, what else matters

Isn't the entire point of GoT is that anyone can die at any time for nearly no reason?

In S5E10 there's subtle foreshadowing for Jaime's arc when Tyene Sand tells Bronn "You want a good girl, but you need the bad pussy."

To demonstrate just how bad drugs are for the creative process

>Pass user

>cuck mark

this post is a perfect display of the Dunning-Kruger effect

You aren't a man until you get it. He tried to balance honor with his love for Cersei for 45 years. Sometimes honor won out, the good man he had in him. Killing the mad king, saving Brienne, charging at Dany. Sometimes his heart won. All the awful things he did for Cersei. But he never lied to any of us, just himself. He's said many times she's all that matters. And in the end he had his good life set up and in front of him but he couldn't do it. He knew being that man was never for him. It's why his pages were unfilled. He lived for his love of Cersei. It doesn't have to be what we want for him but it's a complete arc nonetheless. He chose his heart even though he knew he'd die for it.

Cersei always said he was the dumbest Lannister.

Because the entire point of a story is character development? Are you actually this retarded, just baiting or just bring a contrarian?

>pass user since 2012

Attached: crying pepe.jpg (79x68, 5K)

This isnt book Jaime, like many other characters in the show they have nothing to do with the book version. Show Jaime has always loved Cersai I dont see why you fags keep crying about it.

>Jaime could have taken command of the cowering Lannister army and forcibly call the surrender saving countless lives.
>could have had a spiteful Cersei try to set off the dragonfire caches to spite Dany.
>Could have had the KINGSLAYER play a role in ending Cersei

>Would finally get an honorable entry in the King's guard book.

Such wasted potential.

Most of the show has been like that.

Everyone’s just disappointed he went back to Cersei, even though his character changed throughout the story many times.

>2012
my mom wasn't even a fetus in those golden ages

>t. never read a book in his life

The books aren’t over, he could go back to her

This is a show not a book.

Based.

>"BY WHAT RIGHT, DOES THE WOLF JUDGES THE LIION?! BY WHAT RIGHT?!"
What did he mean by this? Did he took his house theme a bit too literally? He has lesser rank than Ned. Why is he mad for being judged by his superior officer?

Attached: 1549736531988.jpg (178x182, 3K)

>cuck since 2012

Attached: 1529859264317.jpg (471x388, 94K)

>pass user since 2012
what a loser

Attached: remember.jpg (606x406, 43K)

>being poor

>Expectations Status: Subverted

Attached: albanian girl 10.jpg (403x403, 24K)

Attached: 1557757412547.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

>keep the """dialogue"""
>they both die to dragonfire in the throne room

"When your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

>While we kinda forgot about Cerci's prophecy

Attached: p2241vs81wx21.jpg (640x726, 50K)

uuuuh
he like, wants to change
but some people don't change
it's like, realistic and human
we're such good fucking writers

the point was that he failed to change. he picks and chooses his morals just like he has always done.

fucking lmao, that's actually what his entire arc was for.

To realize that he didn't care much about innocent people

things did happen you brainlet, he just ended in a similar situation, with a different perspective on life

but the valonqar. it was supposed to be him

>that image
to be fair, jaime killed the king and opened the doors for them, it wasn't really taken

Brienne has become a power fantasy for ugly feminist, of course the chad has to fuck the ugly beast so the viewers can rub their disgusting loose pussies projecting themselves as Brienne

THE WHOOOOOOOOORE IS PREGNANT

Attached: images[2].jpg (258x195, 6K)

It's something like, looks can deceive in terms of honor... he betrayed and killed the villain, and it was honorable, but everyone hated him for it. Then in the end he stays true to the villain, and it's honorable, and you might hate him for it. Something like that?

>spend 6 years obsessing over some lanky giant lady
>finally bed her
>she's so shit you instantly regress yourself 6 years, forget everything you learned from her, and go back to fucking die

It's about true love guys.
I wanted to marry my cousin and we were together for 5 years but she passed and I haven't felt the same for anybody for years.
I cried when they got back together and felt so happy I didn't care if they died at least they were together. It was love.

Attached: downloadfile-7.jpg (750x750, 149K)

yes but he fucking lost hand
the entire point of the war with the north was for him to repent his crimes and face the judgement. when he lost hand, he had to redefine himself and become the just. the show tried to emulate this but the brainlet writing made it so his entire arc was pointless. this literally doesnt make a sense and i hope d&d chokes on fat cock for trying to pander to s.oys and retarded hype normies that made this show objectively worse

His character changed drastically, that he ended up a different person in the same situation he started in, based on his own choice, is both irony and pottery.

Show Jaime/Cersei and book Jaime/Cersei are vastly different characters.

his arc is that he realized he's a piece of shit, and then realized he's fine with being a piece of shit.

proudly cuck stamped

>What’s with brainlets thinking every character has to have a redemption arc, from le bad to le good?
Yes not every character has to. But Jaime's specifically, explicitly was a redemption arc.

>proud cuck
>doesn't watch the show
>talks about the show he doesn't watch
>act like he knows about a show he doesn't watch

based cousinfucker

>surrender
>saving the city
The lannister army literally surrendered you dumb cunt. Debilis still burned the city down.

Yup, i’m thinking that’s based

based dixie user

>BRAINLETS NEED OBVIOUS ARCS IN EVERY STORY

my sides

some people just need change you dimwits, not every character needs some forced arc to make you feel secure and complete that life makes sense

It's like poetry It rhymes

Attached: Bild1.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

>I'm retarded and think that there is a mandate that everything must have an arc.

That even if you seek redemption, the world won't allow it. And also there's absolutely no fucking reason why he would kill his own sister, even if he thinks she's an evil bitch.

Nature > Nurture

How the fuck have brainlets not got that yet?

>wasting money because you don't have 3 seconds to click a captcha

>books
>Jaime comes home
>There's nothing there between Cersei and him anymore
>Tells her to fuck off and leaves

>TV show
>Jaime comes home
>There's nothing there between Cersei and him anymore
>Rapes her until there is
>Leaves
>Comes home again
>Realizes again there's nothing there between Cersei and him anymore
>Leaves again
>Comes home again
>Dies

>implying I'd allow Dabid and Dabid's Dany anywhere near this new flow of events.

>the world won't allow it
But all of Jaime's lack of change came from himself???? In fact, the world was pretty okay with giving him redemption, Jaime was the one that gave up and went "I'm unredeemable"

So who was the valonqar that killed cersei?

>$0.05 a day is too expensive to shitpost

>anyone defending this
youtube.com/watch?v=EA7UQOYskas

I've been on this site before captcha was a thing so it was an easy day 1 purchase once I was able to get rid of captchas again.

Plus I support my favorite website. Someone's gotta do it.

/thread

I didn’t want to believe the leaks user.Deep down I knew it was true but fuck man.

To sell HBO Go subscriptions, just like everything else on the show.

>Entire point of his character is that he dreams of being a honourable knight who protects the innocent
>suddenly says he never gave a shit about innocent lives

My teacher told me I'd never be good at poetry because I'm dyslexic. But so far I've made three jugs and a vase so fuck you mr bubarkus

He just really wants to bang Cersei.

The problem is that the Cersei actress isn't that hot. No one can relate.

>quality in writing doesn't exist and writers can throw random shit at you without rhyme or reason
Look at how smart I am!

>taking a complex character and reducing him to a basic sisterfag
BRAVO DnD

He never took shit into his own hands, just reacted to shit around him, and never changed anyone for the better or worse

he was ultimately just "there". Why should I care?

ooooooooooohhh

That's the only thing it could possibly be.

Attached: 1557658978718.png (960x540, 543K)

Despite the terrible writing, I have to hand it to the show for not caving to all the social pressure put upon it by idiot normies. GRRM's books are dark and full of disappointments, there are no happy endings and that is a reflection of the real world. They didn't pander, and for that they deserve some credit.

People do stupid things for love

there should have not been a cave in

instead, there should been a boar waiting

Attached: assassin.jpg (680x378, 49K)

I REALLY think his character would have been better if he never tried to fug the big woman.

Jaime always was a man of honor—honor for his family, first, and some general code of ethics, second.

He arrived in Winterfell having honored what Cersei had promised; he was the only knight from KL to do so. He fulfilled his obligation and had every right to head back south after the Night King was dealt with.

The sticky point is that he knows Cersei had a hit out on him, but he knows her well enough to know that if he were to just show up again, they would work it out. Cersei escalates things too far and has her tantrums, but he can get to her the way no one else can.

He relapsed. The fear of Cersei's imminent demise overwhelmed any other input and he made a beeline to Cersei. They've been aligned together since birth, and for him to just drop his sister/lover after a lifetime of this strained, violent love they share for one another, is really a silly hope.

He was an honorable fighter in the Long Night, and we knew he had an affection towards Brianne, but it should have just been that. A respect and an affection towards one another, having been through so much. He was faithful to Cersei all his life, until now? Even after all that J&B had been through, him sticking his KingSlayer into her still felt hasty and unearned. IMO

i still don't understand why he pity fucked brienne, but other than that his arc made perfect sense. i'm not sure what other point there is in telling his story other than to entertain you with a story, though.

Jaime and Stannis are the two characters who suffered the most from this shitshow

What is the point of anyone's arc in any show?

>why arent jaime the good guy anymore waaa
fucking brainlet normies kek, based d&d fucked you bitches hard

his dreams died when he killed the mad king but i thought his character development was about redemption...

Arcs are gay.

Also, maybe Tyrion is going to think they got away and be happy only to find out...

And when he finds out, as they are cleaning the rubble, he flips out.

To show the dangers of falling for a bad girl

to help arya kill as many people as possible

Literally every defence for the show at this point can be nullified by any of stating the show has been rushed these past two seasons, that is an irrefutable fact, nobody is happy with the length and subsequent lack of depth present in this latest season.

I'm sure we'd all be fine with Jaime being flawed if he'd actually acknowledged that he had an ulterior motive for killing Aerys to save KL, because despite what he told Brienne about how he did it to save KL and how that destroyed his reputation and his life as a result last episode he practically says he doesn't care about KL at all, this DRASTIC change in character hasn't been properly acknowledged in the tv series, ever, and this is just ONE example of how this rushed finish has butchered characters and pretty much killed this show and the likelihood of there being any more spin-offs, at least ones that will receive the funding/clout of GoT.

D&D are selfish bastards that couldn't be bothered finishing the series properly or lacked the talent to do so, either way the fact they're now working on Star Wars films is hilariously ironic.

im legit hyped for their SW films. it's gonna be hilarious

Nothing, like all the rest
Swordshit is just as deep as capeshit
You want realism and meaning? Maybe try reality