What made LOTR so fucking great?

What made LOTR so fucking great?
Will we ever reach another trilogy on the same level or was LOTR the peak of kino that will never be topped?

Attached: a0b79725952cd9e99758396439c4f43b.jpg (600x318, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JSxo579azeI
youtube.com/watch?v=9dsq09j35Zg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Imagine if in Return of the King they defeated Sauron in the first half hour, then the next three hours were just battling for the throne.

It was a fantasy story with unrealistic people learning and changing. In reality Frodo would have given up, Sam would have left him and Aragorn would have never accepted to be king.

It was based on a masterpiece

Attached: 1550855351426.png (1232x752, 1.47M)

it was written by a once-in-a-century genius, and directed by a decent director

both weren't jewish

What are you implying?

Attached: 1556984724408.jpg (817x460, 90K)

no frodo would have gotten captured because at the end he was challenging sauron himself. sam wouldnt have left him since hes basically his slave in the book. and aragorn would have since he was fucking a elf and had the reforged sword showing him as king. realistically the stewards would have never lasted as long as they did in gondor because of the infighting and blood purges like numenor. there would have been another king that aragorn would have fought with the elves. besides even if he wasnt reconigzed elrond would have full right to the throne being half brothers with the original king that took over in the start.

the only thing thats better fantasy wise is the wheel of time and the fallen god series

Nice projection

lord of the rings is for virgins and game of thrones is for chads

Not supposed to be realistic, supposed to be a white man's legend for the modern age. We should all strive to be the characters.

This is how LOTR treated the reveal of Aragorn being the heir to the throne of Gondor, Boromir being discontent about it and Aragorn not wanting it

youtube.com/watch?v=JSxo579azeI

And this is how GOT did the same thing about Jon

youtube.com/watch?v=9dsq09j35Zg

Thanks for reminding me of childhood feels senpai

it was a once in a lifetime kinda deal
we wont get anything even close to that because too much changed in the film industry mainly the greed

motherfucker why did you post it? now I want to rewatch it
I dont have 11 fucking hours you dick

It was based on a book written by a man who actually fought in world war 1, which was a total game changer when it comes to casualties and atrocities, a man who, having experienced that, wanted to send a message that, in a fantasy world, character growth into qualities like morality, loyalty, determination and courage may bring the world together in front of an existential threat and even back from the brink.

I would guess you're asking this because you're comparing it to ASOIAF which is crashing and burning in its TV adaptation as we speak.
That's because it was written, and not even finished yet, by a fat sack of lard who, instead of living through an actual catastrophe, was indoctrinated with postmodern nihilistic shit all of his life, who cannot understand the difference between good and evil and the meaning of sacrifice because in his shitty small indoctrinated brain the fact that you can't actually have an objective utopia means that all struggle to make good triumph over evil is pointless since even though good is good, good but not perfect so why settle for less and, ultimately, even goodness is in the eye of the beholder.

This is the shit that is being peddled in the humanities in western universities for more than half a century so, to answer your second question.... NO! You will not have something like LOTR again if this postmodern shit isn't excised from the civilized world.

Basically, the moral of LOTR is: War is upon you whether you like it or not and you may yet prevail if pivotal characters evolve virtuous traits.
The moral of ASOIAF is: All rulers are the same shit. All characters are the same shit. War never stops. War is bad mmmkay.

Attached: 154723.jpg (640x632, 55K)

>cant look at this scene without thinking about my nigga my kang and laughing
Yea Forums ruined lotr and it ruined br49 for me too

It was written by an honest, good man with genuine love for folklore and an appreciation for human soul.

Attached: runaway.jpg (900x507, 57K)

>implying

made before 9/11. western civilization has been declining since then

Nice copypasta.
Problem is: LOTR isn't as good as people think. The main strength has always been its world building. Actual plot lines are lackluster and the films thins even that out even further so that only empty spectacle for illiterate fools remains.
ASOIAF Follows in its footsteps quite nicely, considering the adjustments for a new generation of consumers with the TV series being the logical consequence.

Thanks, Bush!

Pre-PC era

good pasta

And then there is no real battle. Aragorn just slaughters whoever the king is and destroys Minas Tirith.

>Problem is: LOTR isn't as good as people think. The main strength has always been its world building. Actual plot lines are lackluster and the films thins even that out even further so that only empty spectacle for illiterate fools remains.
ASOIAF Follows in its footsteps quite nicely, considering the adjustments for a new generation of consumers with the TV series being the logical consequence.

Fair. A lot of LOTR is things being resolved by happenstance. Frodo dies, like, 20 times and he's never really in any peril because, after they do it 2 or 3 times, you know there's a deus ex machina that's going to save him because the moon was in the correct position at that exact moment or whatever.

Still, as (You) said, its greatest strength is its world building and it excels at that. These movies are so comfy as fuck to watch, but yeah, not a lot of tension.

something Yea Forums incels will never understand

>LOTR
>so fucking great

Pick one. The same old formula that we have seen in ever so-called "epic" drama -

Establish good guys and bad guys. Good guys are brutalized by bad guys. Good guys down their last hope. Good guys miraculously overcome tremendous odds. Good guys emerge victorious.

Fuck that lame shit. Happy endings are so predictable and so boring and so gay. It's time we saw misery, desolation, and bleakness. I want to start seeing stories end with the "clean good guys" on the losing end. I want to see what happens when the world is ruled by Orcs and dark wizards for a thousand years.

Martin Shore who composed the soundtrack is Jewish