Prison movies

You should watch this. I thought it was just another trashy prison movie, but it turned out to be a 10/10 drama.

On par with Snatch as my favorite movie to ever come out of the UK, and by far the best movie set in a prison that i've ever seen. Just as good, if not better, than Shawshank redemption.

Recommend me some other good flicks set in prisons

Attached: index.jpg (184x273, 15K)

man sorry guys, i forgot that nobody gives a fuck about anything that's not capeshit, feet or got on this board

Also Jack O'Connell gets full frontally naked in it.

I heard there was a good one released recently called "Michael Inside." It's from Ireland IIRC

There's a good French one called "A Prophet."

Jaime Lannnister in Shot Caller

he was fucking great in that piece. the guy who played his dad, too. they were perfect as father & son. real fucking kino movie, 10/10

Attached: das-experiment-canadian-dvd-cover.jpg (500x699, 123K)

GOAT right here

Attached: 76b0018a1388671bcb327811f2308231.jpg (768x1024, 106K)

Attached: MV5BOWY5YTNkOTMtNmE2NC00ODhlLWJiYzEtYThhYWU2MjQ1MmNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg (907x1336, 95K)

snatch was overrated garbage

>that mopping scene

Attached: 1467894427009.png (783x766, 908K)

Le trou, Brute force, brawl in cell block 99, brawl in cell block 11, Celda 211, A man escaped

Attached: 1473065135996.jpg (236x236, 13K)

Doesnt have a lot of it, But prison scenes in the Chopper was really fucking great. One of the best ive ever scene.

Starred Up was insane. Unfortunately prison movies aren't really a thing in terms of quality; tv shows are the safer format.
That said, OZ and OITNB are the closest to compelling prison dramas

SCUM is the best bong prison film
Down By Law is the best burger prison film

Wasn't scum remade recently?

>Escape From Alcatraz (1979)
Actually one of the first non-children's movies I ever saw in my life, on TV some time back in the late 90s. The escape planning and execution is great of course but the characters and details of prison life are a great and underrated part of the movie. It's a straightforward story but there's a lot to appreciate. Based on a true story too, for the most part.
>Cool Hand Luke (1967)
Not only one of the best prison movies, it's one of my favorite movies of all time. Paul Newman is Luke, who gets sent to a labor camp in the south after drunkenly vandalizing some parking meters. He is a seemingly unbreakable rebel who slowly befriends the other prisoners and steadily makes the guards and warden despise him. Newman is incredible in the movie and George Kennedy (the "top dog" of the prisoners who grows to respect Luke) is excellent too. 10/10 must watch

Attached: alcatraz.jpg (1000x786, 115K)

I watched Papillion a couple weeks ago and was really good, but gets really slow and long halfway through.

Prison movies and TV are a great opportunity for male nudity

Yeah, they set it in a Canadian prison I think. Can't remember the name. It had bloodier fights, but was softer overall.

A Prophet

Yeah. Dog Pound. It was set in the US actually, but I think a lot of the actors were Canadians.

basé et rougepillulé