Why are normies so mad?

This episode was lit

Attached: 1557730445752.png (513x380, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5W8j6wOvxuo
youtube.com/watch?v=t1mgrTGeDPM
youtube.com/watch?v=j3lZe2OTBfQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I honestly liked the episode although the descent to mad queen was no doubt rushed, like everything this season, you'd have to be retarded to have no picked up on any of the allusions towards her becoming like her father over the series.
It's been building up towards this which is why I was actually surprised D & D went that way and didn't pussy out and subvert my expectations.

>downloading the eps
>See people calling it bad
>watching it for myself
>People actually hate it because they wanted danaerys to be the hero
Fucking retards
The eps was great

It wasn't rushed, it wasn't just that well done
It's been foreshadowed since the beginning of the series

They could have had her aim straight at Cersei and then realizing she'd left/died buried in rubble, robbing her from the statisfaction of executing and humiliating Cersei, she would have gone mad and ravaged the city

>It wasn't rushed
yeah it was completely

> it wasn't just that well done

because it was rushed

>It's been foreshadowed since the beginning of the series

foreshadowed does not equal character development necessary to explain dragon hitler. they needed at least 2 to three more episodes to show her descent into madness

Real Hitler was also rushed

Because everyone was expecting her to make to do some evil shit but what she ended up doing literally does not make any sense at all

>It wasn't rushed
Yeah, I think it was. As I said, I liked the episode but the growing distinction between Daenerys, her alienation and becoming her father should have been more slowly unfolded over 10 episodes or more. Really all we've had is allusions and nods to how she would end up but D&D totally took the shortcut to get there because they're hacks and just want to move on and get their Star Wars money.

#ITWASHERTURN
hahaha roasties so toastie

I just love the fact that there is one autistic fuck sperging about «muh 70 got threads in the catalogue». He's even started to spam gore and shit.

dany going mad queen thing was always bound to happen, HBO were retarded for not giving the show at least 2 more seasons to build it up though.

>15 million likes and 20 million dislikes
holy shit how many faggots actually follow this show!?

Attached: 1552066812605.gif (517x328, 1.69M)

If you don't like or care about got at all I don't even know why you would bother coming to Yea Forums hours after the latest episode drops.

>HBO
I'm sure HBO would have been on board. It's been reported they legitimately begged D&D to make these season at least 10 episodes but they refused and weren't interested.

It was foreshadowed for sure, but in this episode it looked like suddenly something flipped in her head and she went crazy on the spot despite never going after civilians like that before.

>I'm surprised this didn't subvert my expectations

>pretending to like dogshit to dab on normies
a new low

>game of thrones, the show based on the books where everything goes wrong all the time DOESNT have a feel good ending
I am shocked, simply shocked

why the fuck didn't she go after cersei anyway

Yeah, basically. They have gone out of their way to subvert what the story has been building up for the rest of the season so it was a shock to me that this wasn't also.

>muh perfect queen who never done cruel before

Attached: Dany burns.jpg (828x1024, 71K)

>game of thrones, the show based on the books where every expectation gets subverted, doesn't subvert my expectations

He must be some sick alitafag.

All of these were completely justified

Because their Mary Sue self-insert turned out to be just as horrible as they are in real life.

Nigga, destroying the cities of your enemies, raping and pillaging is practically a rule in warfare, how does it doesn`t make sense?

So you were expecting to be subverted but it didn't so it basically did subvert what you expected.

Touche.

That is not normal when you plan on ruling them.

open more thread you fucking faglord

In books while she's doing all this conquering and questionable stuff in Essos we're privy to inner thoughts and voices. The show obliviously cant do that so they could of been more heavy handed with the hints, or more visual ques. She was used exclusively to pander to the checkmarks and yas queen crowd since season one. There was maybe a scene every so oftengoing oh plz dont crucify the good slave owners or whatever she'd have a look of light regret and we'd move on. No excuse why last two seasons have been cut short, the pace is obviously sped up to breakneck speeds.

Mil is portuguese for thousand

>the descent to mad queen was no doubt rushed
Every time she took a decision by herself in the series it involved burning someone, now all her advisers are gone and there are no strings to keep her sane. She doesn't trust Tyrion nor Jon, now it's full blown Targaryen madness.

S7 burns the tarlys would be better

Still something of a leap to go from burning people and someone unstable to mass murderer. I think they destination was always there but they rushed the journey.
Though this show hasn't done character progression well for about four years now.

Totally. Being merciless to her enemies absolutely equals burning hundreds of thousands of civilians .

Same thing user, same thing

>completely justified
Also what she thinks about the city burning bit.

This
Best episode since the end of S4 desu

>T-THAT WAS TOO FAST IT WASN'T HINTED

Attached: lelbronn.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

>lit

Well it was brighter than 3 but it was still pretty dark for being in the middle of the day if you ask me.

wagon train nevah forget

Attached: BC0202.jpg (500x500, 32K)

Tell this to the Romans

I don't think I've had a wagon wheel for close to a decade.

The civilians are enemies. If they disagreed with their government they should have revolted against it

the mad queen plot line was rushed and the death of cersei was really underwhelming almost worst than the night kings

She burned down cities in Essos too.

The problem isn't Dany going insane the problem is rushing it and terrible fucking execution.

Every government in the world does bad shit. Are you revolting against yours?

>ignoring bad writing to btfo other side
You're just the same as those who cheered when they made Stannis the bad guy and get btfo.

it was shit. Just because you liked a woman going mad (which is why normies are up in arms) it doesn't magically make the rest of the episode good

I'm not american so there's no need

The episode was fucking awful, just not for the reason normies think it is. Terrible Arya filler, underwhelming and predictable cleganebowl, Dany going Aegon-level batshit was clearly rushed, and the CGI was terrible in some scenes. Oh and there still being thousands of Dothraki left makes zero sense.

I get a pack of jammy wagonwheels every wednesday

wagonny jamminies I call them

I used them to motivate myself through the painful wreck of my life
"get through today and you can have a wagonny jamminy" I tell myself
haven't had today's one yet

Yes
And it was still better than everything else after Season 4

why don't people understand this?

This is the funniest post in thread it's honestly really good bait.

Stannis was always the bad guy you dumb cunt

If I tell you Stannis is going to burn his daughter at the stake after just professing how important she is to him, everyone is calm, nobody cries about character assassination, because it’s part of the plan

But I tell you, that one, delicate little dragon queen is going to go mad after years of hinting at it, Well then everyone loses their minds!

I wish I still had something to motivate me. I just sleepwalk through life waiting for the weekend and then do nothing with them. 2 days off from work just doesn't feel enough.

You think America is the only bad government in the world? Ours is pretty bad, but North Korea, China, or any Middle Eastern country are much worse.

>hates stannis
>still thinks his opinion matters

Attached: 1503397961430.gif (246x142, 1.09M)

>lit
XD

because they have serious case of contrarianism and they will praise anything that makes evil whamen angry no matter how shit it is

This episode proved Yea Forums is filled with NPCs that are just broken so they have the opposite opinions than normies but still operate in the exact same braindead way.

Bad execution more than bad writing. It was all in the cards that this would happen. But it was a bloodlust instead of dramatic breaking point (by appearances).

based and redpilled

kys tard

>All that fucking AWFUL embarrassingly bad CGI and fight choreography
>Armor means absolutely nothing, people cut through it like butter except in cleganebowl, then it suddenly cant be penetrated

I would have loved it if Cercei smiled a little when she saw what was happening.

Throughout history, rulers have had to subjugate the the conquered population, through violence, taxes, and things like the use of sons from conquered families to build armies.

Dany's character was an expression of that idea. In the show, it wasn't covered as well as it could, but the overall gist was there.

She punished Slave owners to appease the Slaves and her own sense of justice. She re-opens the fighting pits to maintain "normality".

She went out of her way to appease everyone in the East, and it ends up not working.

She went out of her way appease her allies in the West, and it ends up not working.

Looking back, she's actually quite an interesting character.

>normies hate it
>everyone else thinks it was the best episode of the season so far

this is no coincidence

>This episode was lit
Amazing episode! Normies wanted this to turn into a simple good-guy vs bad-guy show but not today!

I've switched from hate-watching back to being a fan!

>lit
Honestly tho, it was the best episode this season, which doesnt say much.
When there is no story to be told and just impressive visuals, they can actually deliver. Who would have thought.

Attached: 1243311221.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>it suddenly cant be penetrated
Sandor puts his sword right through it and out the other side

Same. If Jon executes Dany it would redeem the entire shitstain this show is and I'd give it 10 claps outta 10

They had already built up Cersei's forces as a decent match up against Dany's one dragon and her depleted, tired forces. All they had to do was make it so that her side was struggling, then it would make sense for her to decide to nuke the whole fucking city in a bout of desperate insanity. It would serve as a much better tipping point.

Bad choice of words on my part. I meant sliced

American worldview

t. brainlet

You seriously think a dictatorship is better than a republic, even a flawed one?

Finding a middle ground between liberating people and incinerating them is easy. Dany is just a dumb bitch, always was.

>solves every problem she has with violence and brutality
>has an army of desensitized, ultra loyal soldiers, tribesmen who love war and dragons that can decimate anything.
>believes she should be queen because of her family name + power
>has most of her friends die, betray her or distance themselves from her

wtf why is she acting like a brutal conquerer? she's supposed to be good bros she freed the slaves!!

agreed, a lot less stupid than the writing from S5 onwards

>one good writing decision will redeem four straight increasingly terrible seasons and it make it all 10/10

There's plenty of dictatorships where the quality of life for the average person has been exponentially higher than later years when they become freed or democratically governed.

She was dealing with massive populations, who hated the fact she was a foreigner and a w*men. If she didn't act in violence, she would've undermined from the very beginning. She did make mistakes, but that's easy to say in hindsight.

>her best friend and most loyal servant dies
>her child dies
>her highest advisor and only female friend dies
>the one man she's truly loved betrays her (in her eyes)
>her hand fucks up
>her master spy spies on her and betrays her
what more did they need

Unironically yes

Episode 3 killed the series. Nothing matters anymore

Everything Dany did in the show was to get power and favour that made her more legitimate as a ruler. She wouldn't give a fuck about "liberating people" if there was no utility in it.

You think America is the only bad country in the world though? As if basically the entire West isn't comparable to it?

Not him but In some countries, yes.
Especially when it's swarming with Jihadists, you need a strong dictator.

so you mean they... subverted your expectations?

Who gives a fuck, these are the kind of people who praise Endgame when the plot makes no sense at all. The important thing is that the episode was pure kino

>impressive visuals
ahahaha

Attached: 1537152267911.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

all dictatorships are republic

I don't think America is bad though and that wasn't my point, I was simply disagreeing with that person's statement that a republic is by default preferable to a dictatorship.

Can someone tell me how the dragon was able to sneek up on the GC. Wjy didnt anyone on the wall yell at them that the dragon was coming from behind. Also how did it fit on that tiny street immediately behind the gate without smooshing its wings?

A few more episodes to sprinkle it over.

>reddit spacing
>reddit opinions
Yep

>Series explicitly say there are no heroes in this story
>They still root for Dany and get mad when she gets to turn villain
Fucking shits. There are some low points in the delivery of the story, but the main things Normies are complaining about is the fact that they're surprised she ended up a villain.

fuck em, this episode was great

This isn't reddit you fucking retard.

All it takes is one bad day

>Best episode of the season
>normalfags crying because 'mah qween'
The show has almost redeemed itself for me

Attached: 1450578385903.png (223x268, 3K)

probably give any of these more than 5 minutes of "tension building". Most of these events Dany doesn't even get to talk.

It's not. She never had lost anything or anyone she cared about until recently. Also the only advisor she EVER listened to was Jorah. He died, but he fulfilled his dying wish, Missandei was unfairly taken from her (in a very botched way because the show can't tell a coherent story and it's rushed as fuck), but it's the first time she had to deal with losing someone close to her in a way that was unfair/unfortunate. That broke the camel's back.

Not good still much better than the Battle for Winterfell

>This episode was lit
haha I see what you did there xD

Fucking hell you are being... double contrarian.

Wtf is reddit spacing? You know what paragraph even means, you illiterate chimp?

On a side note, he's absolutely right

This episode was the best of the entire thing, normies can suck my dick if you want me to be honest with you family

Stannis was an amazing pragmatic autist, sadly GoT became too dumb to write Stannis competently

Stannis was The King Who Cared. He was the only one to answer the Night's Watch when they called for help against Mance Rayder. So what if he killed Renly. Renly was gonna kill him too.

>wow I love how George Argh Argh Martin write bad guys and unhappy scenes so much it's epic how he's willing to kill people
>wow wtf she turned out to be capable of bad things after all this time wtf only truly evil people can do bad things and i liked her so this is BAD WRITING REEEEEEEE
This is your brain on reanimated post-war propaganda and formulaic marvel good vs evil moral spoonfeeding for children.

Attached: 1550041897849.jpg (800x800, 127K)

Samefag

I still see it as a leap. More groundwork should have been laid to establish her as the person who on the precipice of what she had aspired to have for most of her life to instead on a moment's whim decide to burn it to the ground.

Yeah, Stannis was like Ned, a good person filled with honour and duty and morality but too distracted by it to play politics in a world of spies and whispers. He was only the bad guy to Brienne really whihc was kinda the point of all that in my eyes. It's possible for good people on two sides of a conflict to hate each other, for no reason other than being on opposite sides of a conflict. That's lost in today's us vs them culture though.

>he
LOL

>>one good writing decision will redeem four straight increasingly terrible seasons and it make it all 10/10
I only hated Season 7 and 8. I hated how they suddenly started being feminist.

This one episode (assuming they don't fuck up the next one) turns all that feminist shit on its head.

Also, I don't understand how the intrigue in Kings Landing and the blowing up of the Sept is considered a "bad season".

>implying she didnt just create more enemies for herself by going overboard

Please stop trying to make this a reasonable course of action. She had already won. She had already instilled fear in a city of people would spread the fear via word of mouth. Nobody would have fucked with her. Then she pulled a 9/11.

have sex

>(in her eyes)
in everyone's eyes

Why didn't dany burn the iron fleet in ep4?

why are they rushing this so badly?

This is the GoT audience lol

The dragons are only as powerful as D&D want them to be in any given moment.

Attached: based retard.png (1920x876, 348K)

>Arya goes to kings landing "not planning to come back"
Turns around when clegane tells her shes not gonna come back and runs around like moron
>Tyrion is the smartest man in westeros
Makes only mistakes since s08 started and now makes the same mistake for second time

These two pain me the most, i understand jaimie and dany but fuck me at least cersei death should have been something more than just dying under rubble

Attached: 1549974023077.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

I was referring to the methods she used in places like Meeren

>have an extra year to roll out a series
>do half the number of episodes
>"rushed"
Nope, it was poorly executed.

>the feminist shit is all that made it bad compared to earlier seasons, not the shit dialouge, shit cgi, or the shit character development for everyone. Nah it was just the feminist shit.

Kill yourself you massive fucking idiot.

youtu.be/5W8j6wOvxuo

Attached: exposed.png (1387x865, 89K)

D&D never cared for doing anything of GoT beyond the Red Wedding and now they've got their offer from Disney and want to move on to Star Wars.
HBO wanted them to do 10 episodes for this season and they said no.

>Why didn't dany burn the iron fleet in ep4?
Now that I like the show, I will be an apologist for it.

How I explain that? She didn't have time to figure out how she would do that in the moment and after having a lot of time to think about it she figured out how to do it.

Or perhaps, mad targaryans are much better at fighting. They become who they really are.

But the show could have attempted to explain this somewhat whatsoever.

>I can't believe a woman that has an army of slaves and savages that has burned noblemen of the land she wants to rule would burn an entire city because nobody loves her

Attached: 1463712801827.gif (200x250, 2.6M)

Legitimately not me. Tell that cunt to give me credit for stealing opinions from my Yea Forums post.

>what more did they need
believable motives

Even germans in Nuremberg had less warnings of what was coming

sadly jon will only kill her instead of making her a sex slave to plebs and being tortured before being killed

Attached: D6dlmdmXkAEIX3T.jpg (1600x1200, 168K)

in that episode she didnt have the element of surprise and was flying too low

now she surprised them icarus style

Apologies if you were referring to what she did in king's landing, I was specifically talking about what she did in the East.

Her burning everyone in King's Landing was, in my view, her finally breaking. Not really anything to do with her subjugating a population, in order to govern it, eventually.

the problem wasn't her being evil, it simply had no build-up and wasn't realistic. also

>race
>science
pick one

every single part of this comment screams reddit communist mad that strong woman™ wasn't the epic hero royale

He didn't betray her at all. That was his knowledge to share and he told her he was going to do it too

Except she didnt expect it

you're an autistic droid. get help

>Not really anything to do with her subjugating a population, in order to govern it, eventually.
it has everything to do with this
you can either rule by love or fear, she says it herself, and westeros has NO love for daenerys, so she must completely destroy kingslanding to set an example of what happens when you or your leaders decide to cross her and fuck her over

There were 8 seasons of foreshadowing. Everyone else just missed it.

>>race
>>science
>pick one

Are you legitimately suggesting that it is scientifically impossible to discern differences between human races?

Are you that much of a braindead idiot? Science is why we're sure racial differences exist in a much deeper level than just looks. Christ, when did you faggots start denying reality? Race isn't real for you anymore, neither is gender. Nothing's real for you.

Attached: 033f9e63fde8cb1c3339176c88f010c8abada76a5e628a5ee9fbf04d4e1de901.jpg (225x224, 6K)

Man, I do feel bad for the actual fans of the story, having to see it turn into Code fucking Geass.

>>>race
>>>science
>>pick one
>Are you legitimately suggesting that it is scientifically impossible to discern differences between human races?
Race is only skin deep, bro. Evolution conspired to only change superficial characteristics and keep everything else exactly the same because Evolution isn't racist, you ignorant shit.

Ahh your a means justifies the ends type, the whole idea of killing a 1000 to save a 100000 and that might sound like a reasonable trade but what happens when they justifiable number keeps growing until your killings millions and using the justification of I'm saving future billions of lives it's a slippery slope fallacy.

that and the eunuch nog with the horses behind him were worse than youtube shit

I don't follow or watch this garbage, what happened?

>Cersei crying and finally breaking down to the point of saying "I don't like this, I don't like this".

I don't find it underwhelming, she had life gifted to her and feed her arrogance/ego all her life. It was finally clear to her after all this time, that there's no getting out and she snapped mentally not knowing how to deal with it. Also she lost her child because of her faults her father warned her about. I liked it, it was literally her worst hell.

LLLEEERROOOYYYY MMMMTARGARYAN

>Evolution isn't racist, you ignorant shit.
So you're saying two races that were from startlingly different environments didn't evolve at all in different manners to meet the needs or survival in that particular environment?

her getting killed by falling bricks is underwhelming. we didnt even see the body

daenerys went full hitler and genocided the lannister

actual scientist here, the concept of human races has been debunked ages ago
the scientific consensus changed a lot since the 1800s, brainlet

The end of her character was before the bricks fell, it was the final revelation of what was happening. I don't know, seeing arrogant cunts men or woman when they realized they lost and it's over is so much more satisfying to me than any type of death.

>Actual scientist here
>Guis I post on reddit

Fuck off.

>actual (((scientist))) here
ftfy

>all these happened in two episodes
Yea it definitely was rushed.

She was told by Tyrion to stop attacking once the Bells ring. She deliberately goes this. Why? Because of her anger over what she's lost.

Do you think any of her Western allies are going to back her, after what she's done? Maybe some will. Do you think she cares? I don't, because she's gone mad. She no longer wants to rule, she just wants to destroy everything that represents her hatred.

One her goals was to go back to King's Landing, and be a caring and empathetic ruler. She slowly changes, as she's betrayed. She changes to the point where, even when she's achieved her goal of conquest, she destroys the very people she wanted to look after.

It's not about subjugation for future governance anymore. She's sadly been driven to madness. She is the true enemy.

Dosn't matter who says it, I don't have a better explanation even though they had a 2 year break other than rushing it and not giving a fuck/procrastinating/writing hell.

Either way they are still incompetent. Twitter roastie tears are tasty, tho.

You guys are fucking retarded. It is terrible writing. Every other time there has been some kind of shitty justification with the implication something will happen one day that will make her snap. Here she is at her final destination, the opposing army is in shambles and surrendering and your main enemy is right in front of you. I thought for sure she was gonna fly at Cersei and kill some innocents in the process, but she literally decides to start burning all of the innocent people instead. It isn't even like she just torched all the unarmed soldiers, that would have been cruel enough and still made sense but she just started slaughtering tons of civilians for no reason at all. There was absolutely 0 reason for her to do that and she has not gone crazy enough for it to fit with her character. She has done some shit but nothing even close to the same level as this. I have never been a big fan of her character in general, but don't defend this writing it is awful.

>scientist* (*of gender studies)
wow, sure showed us

insert your penis into a vagina (with consent)

>These are the retards who liked this episode

Attached: 1434125167729.jpg (450x600, 227K)

And we're the ones who supposedly deny science. Interesting times indeed.

>Kill yourself you massive fucking idiot.
All of the shit acting from the male characters was in how they were suddenly required to submit to the females.

Literally season 7 followed a massive feminist outcry in 2016.

That's when everything went to shit. This episode wrecked all of that and put us back into actual GoT territory rather than team-good-guy-squad.

>wasn't realistic.
Bruh. If anything, pre season 7's Dany was unrealistic.
Everything went her way because she had 3 dragons and everyone around her had two digits IQ.
This season's Dany is how it should be but they needed to sell it better though.

Reminder that the only reason dany burned the city was for Jon to have a reason to take the throne.

>with consent
Look at this faggot

>actual scientist here
In what field?

>over 10 episodes or more
why does Yea Forums (and the rest of Yea Forums to a degree) have such a hard-on for pointless filler? Saying "X is gonna do Y" for 10 episodes straight isn't good writing

>actual scientist here

feminist dance therapy degree doesn't make you a scientist

Attached: 13.jpg (1024x683, 124K)

Holy shit the levels of pure faggotry in this post completely sums up exactly why normies are mad at this episode. They are braindead and incapable of picking up on things that the series has been screaming about both in the books and the show since day one. The Targs are inbred schizophrenics. The entire set-up for everything that happens in GoT relies on the history of Dany's father, the Mad King, being dethrowned in Robert's Rebellion. We saw Viserys was nuts early on. The only thing ever holding Dany back was the people around her who had the balls to advise her otherwise. Every single time she's been untethered to her advisers and made decisions it has always ended in disaster. The entire fucking story is based on the fact that the Targ bloodline is so incestuous that they needed to be put down because they all end up becoming tyrants.

Look at this retarded normie though. Examine his retardation. He watched 8 seasons of a show, hundreds of hours likely, and was too busy going "yas queen slay! Abraham Lincoln that shit, Kelly C" to notice even basic premises of the fucking plot. I am so happy DnD had the balls to do this and expunge every single fag too stupid to put together simple fucking story elements over 8 goddamn years.

Read the Bell Curve, you absolute mong. IQ is not a measure of intelligence, it's a measure of the g factor, which is a mediator variable causally and correlationally related to factors we associate with intelligence, such as problem solving, delayed gratification, planning and forward-thinking, educational and occupational success, etc and varies by 1 standard deviation from the mean of totally population in the US of 100 to an average of 85 for blacks. That's just the way things are, just like Dany was always destined to be a genocidal maniac like her father, but retards living in fantasy land like this redditor, have to constantly lie tom themselves about what's going on around them because it might hurt their feelings

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 81K)

>character development and plot progression is filler

Based baitposter!

evolutionary biology
what are they gonna do? get burned by her dragon?
worked for the first dragon king, will work for her too

How heteronormative of you!

Disgusting homophobe!

>evolutionary biology
And yet you can't ascertain that races have evolved due to different environments and physiological needs?
lol

bro, read an actual book on this and you'll see this is the actual consensus view
stormfront isn't a scholarly book btw

>Race is only skin deep
>concept of human races has been debunked ages ago

There are three distinct races that can be identified by skeletal structure: caucasoid mongoloid and negroid. Everything you say is an outright lie and a denial of reality.

>her getting killed by falling bricks is underwhelming. we didnt even see the body
>The end of her character was before the bricks fell, it was the final revelation of what was happening. I don't know, seeing arrogant cunts men or woman when they realized they lost and it's over is so much more satisfying to me than any type of death.
Why do we need a "satisfying death"? Why can't she just die?

Why does everything have to be absolute contrived drama?

notice how rushed-fags never actually go into detail how said "character development" and "plot progression" should be carried out, or what sort of roadmap it should take. It only ever boils down to "I want it to take longer." If you stretch 500 pages of writing out to 5000 pages just to make it seem "less rushed," but then don't actually add anything else to justify those extra 4500 pages, then you're not a good writer, you're just wasting the reader's time.

Post one study that has never administered the WAIS
instrument across a representative US sample that has not found approx 1STD racial disparity. I actually am a published "researcher", albeit in a retarded field and even I know this.

Attached: bailfmjhewx21.jpg (640x839, 78K)

Yeah the slave masters not the innocent

I feel like I'm the only person who enjoyed this episode

What do you think about Professor Phillipe Rushton's discoveries from his extensive research?
youtube.com/watch?v=t1mgrTGeDPM
Also what are these "actual books" that you would suggest that illustrate zero biological differences between races?

Attached: 1557272002852.jpg (1020x714, 159K)

>Race is only skin deep, bro. Evolution conspired to only change superficial characteristics and keep everything else exactly the same because Evolution isn't racist, you ignorant shit.

I think you don't understand how evolution works, but you're right, evolution isn't racist, it just can't be, even if you percieve rules of nature as such.

At this point you'd just better join creationists and claim God created everyone equal as to avoid thinking at all

Attached: 1393350537058.jpg (467x349, 17K)

Mostly women mad that their female power fantasy character was evil all along. Even though it's been hinted at since season fucking one that she was a cold hearted bitch, that would crush anyone to get what she wants. She has used or killed anyone that has stood in her way of the Iron throne. Dany has never been "the hero" of this story.

Attached: rule.gif (268x298, 2.82M)

I wouldn't cite Rushton only because he triggers lala land science denialists. You can look at any meta analysis outside of Rushton's work and find the same things.

It's been spoken about in this thread ad nauseum. You need more build up to justify a character's decisions. This is done through a character's previous actions. It doesn't need to all be filler. The very fact that you think people are just suggesting longer for the sake of being longer says a lot about your views on story and character.

what works would you cite?

Dragonfire burns peoples to ashes in less than 5 seconds, even more faster than decapitation. Normal fire doesn't even kill a people, the toxic smoke slowly suffocates to the death

Stannisfags are all retards. Stannis is far more cruel than Dany

You make it sound like it's hard? All I have to do is post nothing but a fucking body shot on tinder and I can get a woman every day of the week.

I have a sneaking suspiction you only defend it because twitter trannies are mad about it.

nah, I started ignoring the bad writing and people started teleporting around, it was clear from season 5 onwards that things were going to be rushed, this was always daenery's endgame it just happened to be rushed, like everything else, every other plot, every other arc in the series since then

What would be the equivalent of this? Getting mad when you realised Tony Soprano wasn't a good guy? Fucking hell.

Dany killed people who were slaves when they didn't surrender and even gave orders not to kill outside of that.

Here she spends fucking hours killing kids just for the jollies after she's won, ruining her future at the same time.

Since she just saved the world with the North, they needed at least some bad things that weren't killing enemy soldiers as part of war.

Killing innocent people to get at Cersei because she hadn't surrendered would be fine. Bad but understandable.

Legitimately, go to google scholar and type in something like "race IQ meta analysis U.S. sample". We have never found conflicting results. It has gone up over time (called the Flynn effect). Don't look at data from Africa unless you want to know that the average person in shitholes there has a similar IQ to Coco the gorilla. The important thing to note is that IQ is neither a determinant nor a measure of intelligence, but rather, again, the g factor, which is a mediator variable.

Stannis burned his own daughter just to make it stop snowing. Yes hes worst than Dany. But Varyis said it best, everyone who sat on the throne or was at war for it was basically evil. He believed that Jon was the only person mentally fit enough to rule.

It was never rushed dude she's been crazy since season two

>We have never found conflicting results
youtube.com/watch?v=j3lZe2OTBfQ

>You need more build up to justify a character's decisions.
Then tell me what that buildup is instead of saying "uhhh buildup" and leaving it at that

>says a lot about your views on story and character.
My views boil down to "don't waste my fucking time." I'm gonna feel every moment wasted, so if you're tack on an extra 10 episodes, you better make every scene count.

This will be said a million times: lots of people totally expected even wanted Mad Evil Dany from the 1990s just hated the rushed execution.
Or hated all the other bad things about the past few seasons that have nothing to do with Dany.
Most people don't have a problem with Evil Dany and lots of people expected it but damn was the pacing and way it happened amateur.

You arent the only moron

>Varys's death was "I SENTENCE YOU TO DIE LMAO"
>The Golden Company is completely useless
>An episode earlier, the scorpions were a threat, now they got destroyed with ease
>Euron's motivation to kill Jaime is retarded
>Cersei gets btfo by bricks instead Jaime/Arya or even Daenerys killing her directly
On top of all of that, I don't mind Daenerys going mad. I'm bothered by the fact that the city surrenders, she won, and then goes berserk on a defenseless city.

>all of that happens in the spawn of 20 tv minutes
>"it wasn't rushed!!!"

You don't have to be stormfront to see there's differences between people. And when skeletons are different, then you can't possibly say 'it's only skin-deep bruh, your been bamboozled by dem nazis"

If there trully are no differences, then why even make such a fuss about it?

>>Evolution isn't racist, you ignorant shit.
>So you're saying two races that were from startlingly different environments didn't evolve at all in different manners to meet the needs or survival in that particular environment?
I was just joking, lol. But what I said is what some imbeciles actually believe - that evolution is effectively a just god that made all human groups equal in every way (except skin color).

>This will be said a million times: lots of people totally expected even wanted Mad Evil Dany from the 1990s just hated the rushed execution.
>Or hated all the other bad things about the past few seasons that have nothing to do with Dany.
>Most people don't have a problem with Evil Dany and lots of people expected it but damn was the pacing and way it happened amateur.
Would you agree that this is the best ending given the poor setup and the need to rush?

Perhaps I loved it because my expectations were aproximitely negative infinity.

So with enought time Dany could burn the whole continent or maybe the whole planet.
I know it's magic and no one's gonna explain shit but the fuel in this thing is somehow endless.

Attached: game.of.thrones.s08e05.1080p.web.h264-memento[ettv].mkv_snapshot_00.59.31_[2019.05.13_19.54.45].jpg (1920x1080, 862K)

>Then tell me what that buildup is instead of saying "uhhh buildup" and leaving it at that
Varys needed more reason to suspect Dany wasn't the one. Really he was given a different option and just jumped on it because that's what the story said he had to do. Likewise Tyrion really needed more reason to be so loyal to Dany. Why did he still believe in her more than Varys? He himself has seen the things of which she was capable yet at the same time he there needed to be inkings that perhaps he may be making the wrong choice other than Varys outright saying it moments before he dies.
There is literally hundreds of ways in which the story can build up to a climax better. You want me to list every possible way?
It gave us an ending but it feels cheapened because it didn't do enough work to get there. That's what people mean when they say a decision is out of character.

>I actually am a published "researcher"
Time stamp, faggot

Has there ever been a period in history where people - particularly the Youth - live vicariously through fictional characters to the point of their fictitious 'lives' illiciting a very real reaction in these people.

People are more incensed by Daenarys being bad than, say, the economy or their safety. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a wee bit concerned

The reason it felt rushed was because it didnt even seem like there was a legitimate reason for her "snap" at the time it apparently happened. She had won, and she had won with crushing power and instilled fear in everyone already. Her tyrant itch should have already been scratched.

none of this shit would have happened if they just bend the fucking knee to STANNIS

>I was just joking, lol. But what I said is what some imbeciles actually believe - that evolution is effectively a just god that made all human groups equal in every way (except skin color).

And so The Great Race War of 2020 has begun over a facetious Yea Forums post

No, there just hasnt been a period in history were so many people could voice their opinions on a piece of fiction publicly with such ease.

>crops died of some bugs
>let's burn a couple of towns with people maybe it helps

It's clearly more than just giving their two-cents.
Their lives are dictated in-part to fiction.

I hope that the burning wakes up the dead dragons under the city and leads to dragon apocalypse.

Attached: 1555352448641.jpg (599x707, 306K)

Praise be unto STANNIS "The Mannis" Baratheon, first of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, weilder of light bringer, Azor Ahai reborn. Fuck DnD forever.

Yeah, that's my point.

>unironically posting that sentence with capeshit image

How can you possibly measure how incensed anyone is?

So you're just mad the show didn't indulge your fantasies

yes people always were that way.
when Goethe made "Die Leiden des jungen Werthers" in 1774/5, there was a rather big suicide wave of hopeless/demoralized youths in germany for example.

also Colliseum in Rome, people literally living for the game and death of gladiators etc. pp.

When the sorrows of young werther came out people would cosplay as the main character and commit suicide with the book in the hand, just to be like Werther

yea but turns out the Lord of Light is actually real and every single offering, including his daughter, actually worked and he was 100% justified in literally everything

Authors like Charles Dickens would get thousands of letters from people who's lives he apparently changed with his stories, as well as angry people who didnt agree with what he did with certain characters. People have never changed.

Tfw your internet fren is mad at
>forcing daenerys to be mad bad guy
and he doesn't understand she always was like this.

she so fucking hot

Just finished watching it
Aside the Arya little arc, the episode was fucking awesome

never heard that about Goethe, that’s interesting

This

Best episode of season 7 and 8 so far

they are not normies they are communists on youtube , who are mentally slow/retarded(mainly american) and can not adapt from the differentiation of the two recent episodes

>so you're not happy the show subverted your expectations huh

It's what made this show popular you disingenuous twat.

The show is a parody of itself now, the most expensive fan fiction in history.

Niggers like you make me livid.

Attached: 1394641903219.gif (300x207, 743K)

When Arthur Doyle killed off Sherlock Holmes on the Reichenbach Falls because he was sick and tired of writing those books, he got thousands of angry letters, many of them actual death threats, from English readers who didn't want their precious detective stories to end. Eventually he bent to their will and brought him back to life to keep writing. As long as fiction is more exciting than reality, there will always be people who live and die by that fiction. This is hardly anything new.

they wanted her to not go full retard.
alas they went the retard cop-out way and now they can kill her off and be like "yea she was crazy anyway so no biggie"

no moral dilemma for anyone involved now since she reached Ghenghis Khan levels of crazy

I see infinitely more retards sperging out about how tv is contrarian for thinking the episode was good than people actually claiming the episode was good. It's even more retarded when you claim the reason is to dab on normalfags when they're dabbed on either way.

I'm actually starting to wonder if the handful of people calling the episode "good" are you retards false flagging so you can make your "point".

Ask them and look at the Cronbach alphas of the question for consistency, simple. Accept or reject the measure or adapt.

It's a basic inability for the human brain to completely differentiate media from reality on a certain heuristic level. We did not evolve with the presence of media or fiction, this results in quick-form response (heuristics) such as the fear felt when watching a horror movie. We understand logically it is not real, but the brain just isn't adapted to fully disconnect watching a thing on a screen from seeing it in front of you expediently. As a result we form parsocial relationships with media figures, which is a perception of a dyadic interaction despite being uni-directional interlocution. The only difference now versus 100 years ago is the ubiquity of media exposure. The effect has always existed due to this "flaw" in our capacity to discern reality from fiction, exacerbated by repeated exposure. It does not cause violence or any real negative effects outside of the occasional cultivation effect (mostly involves violent local news), but because we can't completely tell characters from real people, we see them as friends, enemies, etc. For some people not paying attention, Dany finally showing her true colors is an expectancy violation. They feel betrayed by a friend.

Ah, so it wasn't what happened, rather how long it took for it to happen, is that it? We've had teleporting characters since season 5, user. When are you gonna admit that this is it for dany?

shes the main antagonist. she deserves better than some bricks

kkkk eae men de boas

>shes the main antagonist. she deserves better than some bricks
She might not even be dead, but I don't really care. In the end she ended up being completely ineffective (assuming that was her end), so this makes sense.

Okay retard.

>I see infinitely more retards sperging out about how tv is contrarian for thinking the episode was good than people actually claiming the episode was good. It's even more retarded when you claim the reason is to dab on normalfags when they're dabbed on either way.
>I'm actually starting to wonder if the handful of people calling the episode "good" are you retards false flagging so you can make your "point".
It was impossible for them to end it properly in any way whatsoever given the time constraints.

So I'm judging it based on that. This is the best episode possible under the circumstances.

>this scene with Cesei and Jaime dying together
>"Nothing else matters. Only us."
It was beautiful, it was so beautiful I wanted to cry. The best scene in this episode.

Attached: dead.png (1920x1080, 496K)

Holy shit go watch Saw you mouthbreathing moron. The catharsis of a death stems from the moments preceding it, only the dumbest of normies actually want to see 'le ironic death' meme.

I mean, the user is not wrong. If Yea Forums has a fetish, it's being a contrarian.

Yeah, but admitting people are just saying it's the best recently or some aspect was the best possible means they can't pretend hypocrites are saying it was good.

And yet they have to make up retarded "proof" of this.

Stannis literally took the Faustian bargain. Of course he was the bad guy.

Stannis didn't burn his daughter in the books, and won't because Melisandre and his family aren't even with his army. The Jews just wrote it this way to subvert the best white character, dumbasses.

>calls other people normies
>watches fucking Games of Thrones

Attached: Where_26b7c5_6691842.jpg (1200x1359, 131K)

I'm actually starting to wonder if the handful of people calling the episode "good" are you retards false flagging so you can make your "point".

I fucking wish this was the case.

How come the dragon decimates the fleet now, but in the last episode it got totally cucked by it?

Did they remove all the scorpions from the boats?

So was ovening jews but you don't see that being applauded

Reddit loves Stannis m8.

Attached: 1555964339231.png (475x792, 219K)

Not him but yeah, I think they did it pretty well. It could have been better developed but fuck, it was the massacre (of Dany's saviour/yaas queen image) I always wanted.

Yeah but with Cersei she has her "oh shit im gonna lose/die" moment but she then gets to be consoled by her true love to the end. The cathatsis most people hey from that is minmal.

Someone post the Jorah copypasta

>But I tell you, that one, delicate little dragon queen is going to go mad after years of hinting at it, Well then everyone loses their minds!
If you are talking about normalfags, then who gives a shit, they are known for lacking critical thinking, but that's not the reason anyone on here doesn't like it.
Like everything in this season, her going crazy was rushed and not well showcased, even if it has been hinted at for years and years before. I want to see a transition or a catalyst of some sort and I didn't feel like Missandei dying was enough of it.
If anything, she has Jon AND the throne now, shouldn't the bitch be more happy than before she crossed over from Essos?

Dany going mad was always happening and yes it's about how it was handled

White people have a genetic mental illness that makes them think being a moral oral is the apex of existence, and so they malfunction if someone like say a /pol/lack doesnt behave in such a way.

>genetic
they just turned retarded in the past few centuries

Based and redpilled.

Its genetic as they actually deleted their original religions that were thousands of years old for virtue seeking lunacy the faith or Christianity.

>Also the only advisor she EVER listened to was Jorah.
>I still see it as a leap.
Something a lot of people missed was in the last scene with her and Jorah she literally threw his body at one of the wights.

Literally pushes him in front of her to save her own life. Litearlly pushes him into a sword.

That scene with Jorah showed that she only cared about him as an object. I saw literally no one even note that.

kys

Stannis was the rightful king and the most based.
Also the King who cared

It's not that big a leap. If you can burn someone alive while looking them in the face, you can burn a bunch of faceless blobs from the air easily. It's fucking insane what people will do.

I love her heel turn, but all those make sense. She really didn't do anything madking-ish till last episode imho

She gave them a chance to bend the knee. It's not like they bent the knee and then she said fuck it, and burned them anyway.

Just came to say that this much disparity is a job well done
This episode was peak television

>dickon

She burned a random former master alive and let her dragons tear him apart in front of his fellows. No trial, no evidence of his guilt, he didn't even have a name or a story connected with him, he was just a guy who happened to be part of the wrong social class. She also had Hizdahr zo Loraq's father crucified, also with no trial, even though he had spoken against crucifying the slaves. She has had a tyrannical streak since the very start, it's just people always felt it was justified because muh slavery or whatever other pretext.

so we're pretending to like the episode now to "own the libtards epic style"?

Attached: 1534422789778.jpg (647x647, 35K)

Honestly, burning the vast majority of the food left in westeros before a decade of winter doesn't make much sense. She should have seized the food for her armies.

Can someone list me some reasons why she burned the city?

She was mad, or she was enraged doesn't count.

in dany's mind the situation's the same. she believes that the city didn't surrender when she offered the chance.

She hates bells

>Rhaegal unavenged, Cersei would have got away with killing one of her children for surrendering
>there was a seditious conspiracy fomenting right under her nose and this siege was her last chance to make a real impression on Westeros before the war ended
>she was rapidly losing the strength of her claim to the throne and her closest advisers just tried to convince her lover to usurp her title
She was being forced to make an impossible choice. After all the shit she had been through would you have considered it in-character to just let go at this point?

It had to happen. The whole moral framework of the story begins with Robert's Rebellion, the climax of which is the sack of King's Landing. That's where all the character defining moments that set the story up take place - Aerys' 'burn them all', Jaime's kingslaying, Tywin's ruthlessness, the Mountain's inhuman cruelty, Ned's outrage and Robert's indifference. It's all right there, even though it all happens in the past and is only told through characters' recollections. Dany is the Mad King's daughter, she is the mother of monsters, her element is fire. King's Landing was sacked at the beginning, it had to be sacked at the end, and it had to be Dany that did it.

>pretending
It was unironically good, feel free to go back to r*ddit if you disagree

Is it confirmed that there will still be a decade of winter now that the white walkers are dead? I inferred they were partially responsible for abnormal seasons.

>All these people saying "there was no build-up to the mad queen"
>there was literally build up since season 1/2 with her doing increasingly bad things and her becoming more emotionless
I swear the lot of you haven't even watched the show.

She wouldn't have at this point. She wasn't so far gone until suddenly in this episode. I could believe she would torch the city if she had to but she wasn't fucking so crazy yet that she would kill thousands of innocent people even after they surrendered

Why did it show a pool of water near Euron. What shoidl have happened is as he was dying, crawled over to the water and essentially drowned himself as he passed out and then his body limp.. Only for his body to be gone before end credits. 8 episodes and its all forced as fuck deaths that don't feel natural at all. Also Cersei and Jamie should have lived.

wasn't it those two faggots who insisted it be as short as it is?
I don't care about any kind of ending. Season should have been way longer and death scenes would have made more of an impact.

Cersei innocent. It was her spazzy son who did everything wrong to the North.

yeah user, pretty short list this time innit?
9/10 from me

In other words they accurately portrayed a woman with power.

>she wasn't fucking so crazy yet that she would kill thousands of innocent people even after they surrendered
>decide what innocence means
>why do you guys think i'm a tyrant i've never killed innocents

Tbh, it probably acts like Saliva in normal animals where it keeps generating as long as the nutrients are there to supply it. I'm sure there's a gas tank refueled from eating or drinking. Would be cool if they fucking explained it though. I'm sure the books go into it, but I'm only on book 3

Attached: 48369004_1988512921234334_6453685856891830272_n.jpg (660x515, 34K)

It ruins the magic and the mythic element they represent if you give it some lame pseudoscience explanation. They are fine as it is.

Contrarian fucking losers. Everyone who says they like this episode while disliking the other episodes of the season is pathetic. The writing is just as bad.

Nah dude, it ruined Jaime's arc. He should've killed her and then died with her. He still loved her, and it would still complete his arc of him finally understanding that she was a parasite. Would've honestly been great if they both stabbed each other and died together in the Red Keep. Would be much more bittersweet and also not totally buttfuck Jaime's total arc. The way they did it with the rubble was just lame imo.

Attached: 1538339088548.jpg (627x720, 66K)

I mean skipping from the thing the show shows as the worst thing she's done so far:
She kills Sam's dad and brother. They betrayed the North for the Lannisters. The Lannister army wiped out Highgarden. War with casualties on both sides.
Dany offers her prisoners the chance to keep not just their lives but their lands and titles for deserting Cersei. Lots of people don't even treat their war prisoners that well. They refuse so she executes them. Normal or even tame war enemies shit.
Here, it's not just that the people are innocent, it's that she has no reason to do it. She's won and they're all terrified if her. But there's no way they'll support her now, trading one queen for another. It was pure evil just for evil's sake but also dumb, she played herself and it all but dead now.
They should have been more incremental. Her crimes up until now were pretty par for the course for this show's characters. Her just charging in to kill Cersei before the surrender would make sense and kill innocents. Why didn't they do that first?

I see you're new to 4channel, friend. Let me elucidate: the debate you see is not between normals and contrarians, it's between quadruple, quintuple and sextuple contrarians.

Character arc doesn't always mean doing a 180. I think it was a fitting end, he always loved her, he became a better man but not a perfect man and his love for Cersei never faded.
Their death was romantic and it has been foreshadowed a long time, that they would die together.

Then why do they need to even eat? The show is low-fantasy. There is still an explanation as to how most things work in the show and especially in the books, regardless of how simplistic it might be. If it's just "muh magic" why did they even establish that the dragons need to eat.

Attached: 1509613264529.jpg (255x200, 15K)

It wouldn't make sense to know it. The books are from the perspective of the characters, the characters probably don't know, because science in that world is not very advanced.

I thought it was a decent enough end for him. The mistake people make with Jaime is they think it's a redemption arc but it's actually a tragedy. The elements of heroism and redemption are there to ennoble him and elevate his story to a tragedy. Of course it would be better if we got the prophecy, but knowing D&D's expectations of the audience they would have to bring it up every episode in a heavy-handed way in the hope people would remember it.

Yeah, that's why I think him killing her and showing signs of remorse would've been virtually the same outcome, just in a more interesting way than them dying under rubble. It's still fine how it is, and with The Hound and Jaime being my favorite characters, I'm glad that they're the only ones who had half-decent closure (The Hound's closure was the best part of the episode imo.)

Yes, because she went mad.

Dragons devouring maidens and carrying off sheep isn't exactly a controversial concept. What you think the big pointy teeth are for?
>muh magic
It is this, though, it's not some bullshit about their fire gland, they are magical monsters, and it's sufficient to leave it at that.

>killing her morally bad enemies is cruel
You struggle with distinguishing how the emotions and motives behind certain similar actions may more accurately define whether that action was wrong or right, and you therefore don't know what cruel is

see Why do you think they included that story about Hizdahr's father in the show? Just for fun? The point is that she is cruel and will wholesale butcher people without trial if she feels justified. Life is more complicated than just 'masters bad, slaves good', and the Meereen story demonstrated that, though Dany didn't learn her lesson.

>sacks Qarth, city filled with innocent people led by assholes
>crucifies the noble caste of Meereen indiscriminately because they owned slaves
>t-they were morally bad!

>a literal putinbot
idi damoi pedik