I rewatched episode 5

And yea it pretty much confirmed what the other user said. The first half of the episode was pretty good to decent, the second half, after the bells ring is a complete mess. A lot of quick cut scenes taking place in a lot of samey looking parts of the city, people running from place to place all over again, you can barely tell what's happening, and it goes on for way too long. And juxtaposed with two completely boring fights (Jaime/Euron, Mountain/Hound).
It could have been made better if there was some contextual information about where exactly Arya was in the city when she was escaping, maybe a zoomed out overhead view of her location, etc. The way it was shot there were a lot of things going on but paradoxically none of it meaningful since it was essentially the same things happening over and over again, people getting burnt and crushed by rocks, which made it really boring to watch.

Attached: sadasd.jpg (1920x1080, 1018K)

>after the bells ring is a complete mess
You're supposed to feel like shit.
Thousands of kids, babies, and old people die in seconds by fire which is a shitty death on the pain scale.

It's supposed to show the horrors of war, and Dragons are also a metaphor for nukes, that why Kings Landing looks like Hiroshima and Nagisaki in the end.

Attached: 1557739061494.jpg (1920x1080, 685K)

It was great, no amount of underage zoomer faggots and adult virgins will change that

Sage

I didn't feel shitty as in shock/grief for the pain and suffering being visited on the population at all, I'm talking about how the entire second half was a mess, a jumble of scenes one barely wants to follow. Arya is supposed to be our 'thread' through the entire event, but because she's just running from one nondescript area to another again and again, she doesn't really serve as a good guide.

I doubt Jon or Davos would have been a better guide. Arya had to make it from the Red Keep at the end of the city to outside walls, and even then she barely made it.

So you watched it once, literally came to Yea Forums for "what did I think about it" and then went on watching it again for confirmation bias? The state of tv.

I unironically disagree with you OP, it was a great episode

But it's supposed to feel chaotic user, it's supposed to feel like the end of the world

The only good thing about the episode was all the things burning and dying. There's nothing redeemable about the writing anymore i just want to see everything destroyed because it's a good allegory for what the writers did to the story. It's just a shame that all of the Starks, Dany and Tyrion survived yet again. I can already picture the final episode being some gay "let's invent democracy" thing

It’s completely fucking opposite of that you moron. First part of the episode was mediocre/bad, but the 2nd half was the best thing to happen in the series since the first 4 seasons.

>retard needs more exposition

Why do Americans keep saying "muh nukes metaphor"? There is no resemblance whatsoever.

I feel like arya almost dies and then slow mo emerges from the dust like literally 4 times in this ep

She's not a mary sue though

bro epic explosions xDDDD

The lack of music made the poor editing stand out even more. It all seems unfinished

They're literally the same though

Well Yea Forums didn't change my opinion on the episode. After I watched it the first time I rated it 5/10. I was just trying to identify why I didn't think it was that good, and one of the posters helped me realize one of the reasons why.
There's a difference between good chaotic and bad chaotic though. A jumble of scenes that could easily have been shuffled around in terms of chronology without changing anything doesn't make for a good chaotic scene.
Another way they could have made it better would be to have something happen on the macro scale, then immediately zoomed in on Arya to see how it affected people on the micro scale. That would have given us a general idea of where Arya was and we could gradually track her progress out of the city. Maybe have Arya encounter more than just a small band of Dothraki at the end (weren't the unsullied supposed to have already breached the Red Keep?) or maybe see Jon/Davos and their band across a large plaza across a sea of flame. Just SOMETHING to break the monotony of an unending stream of scenes of close up shakey cam. It's a bit like Cloverfield, except Cloverfield did it better by breaking up the monotony of showing you quiet scenes, and scenes of the small crab monsters attacking people, and actual up close personal encounters with the big monster.

The two individual scenes with Varys were more emotionally moving and powerful than the entire battle sequence though.

They are literally not. Arya would not have survived a nuke and have ridden away on a fucking horse. You can't hide from it, nuke just happens in a flick of a second. What happens in the show resembles a carpet bombing, but even then it's not an allegory.

Oh I see, you're autistically literal. Never mind then.

The only real problem is that Arya’s plot armour is thicker than D&D’s skulls

You're disgraceful.

Its the other way around user.

no buly pls

Attached: 1547428815055.png (950x968, 189K)

Your assessment means zilch unless you can back it up with a logical argument.

n i c e

Could not care for him less. His character has done nothing since S1, his motivation is garbage and his plan on plotting against dany was nonexistent.

ikr, he's such a dopey mong lol

You're coming off as pedantic and prideful.

>nonexistent.

a r y a

Wasn’t it JUST winter like an episode ago?

And you're coming off as someone who only knows strawman arguments and can't think or refute critically.

lol just go with it, dude *inhales*

>people running from place to place all over again, you can barely tell what's happening, and it goes on for way too long.

Hmmm, does the camera work make you feel like you're in a huge disaster/mass casualty event?

Let me guess, you think Saving Private Ryan would have been better if they DIDINT have shaky cameras?

how?

I was making a legitimate point of order.

For something to be a metaphor, there needs to be a meaningful thematic connection. Not every destruction scene is a fucking metaphor for a nuke.

*takes drag on cigarette*
alot can change in an episode, kid

strawman

>hurr I will .. um .. poison her
>a-and write some letters that I will burn

You should legitimately order some omega 3.

argument

>Hmmm, does the camera work make you feel like you're in a huge disaster/mass casualty event?
No. It makes me feel like I don't know what the fuck is going on. I know I'm not in a huge disaster because I'M NOT FUCKING BURNING. This immersion bullshit is just a pointless and cheap attempt to inspire emotion.

Stop this infighting! Have you forgotten who the true enemy is?

>incredibly powerful weapon of mass destruction that blows shit up and burns people that only you have against which your enemies have basically no defence

Why should the audience know where Arya is? Arya has no fucking clue where she is going and the peasants barely have any clue either. You're supposed to feel lost as everything is blowing up all around the innocent people.

> it goes on for way too long
that was my biggest issue really. they are clearly rushing through plot points yet they waste so much fucking time dragging shit out. it's almost as if they actually couldn't write enough material to fill the time slot so they decided to just stretch every scene out as much as possible

>. It makes me feel like I don't know what the fuck is going on.

Kind of like how you would feel if a dragon was destroying everything around you.

You're saying the show made you feel empathy for the characters on-screen using just camera work?

Attached: 2524948_0.jpg (630x630, 88K)

>Kind of like how you would feel if a dragon was destroying everything around you.
No, kind of like if total hacks couldn't be bothered to have any semblence of consistency in their battle so they try to hide it behind shakey cam and close-ups.
>You're saying the show made you feel empathy for the characters on-screen using just camera work?
No. Because I don't give a fuck what random nobodies are going to burn and Arya has plot armor.

Because GRRM is a fucking draft dodger and GOT is his act of apologetics for being a coward.

Nice try. Dragons are WMDs because they are a single-point massive force multiplier. They're not like a stick of dynamite. There's literally nothing like them on the planet, not in recorded history, and besides Euron's magical ambush, there's no reason to believe humans can do anything against a dragon.

They change all the rules, and dragons give the ruler a hegemony. That's why the Targs ruled for over a century, right up until they lost their dragons, then lost the support of the people.

People saying this was a great episode are shills or board tourists. Everyone here already read the spoilers weeks ago and knew the evul dany twist was coming. The only shocking part was how terribly meh and mediocre it was in execution aside from the millions of dollarios that went into the vfx and explosions. D&D cant fucking write dialogue without making it embarrassingly melodramatic either. Cercei hardly speaks a word all episode and her death scene with jamie was the most cliche shit they could have possibly written. Another poorly written poorly edited billion dollar cinematic social event episode. Guess ill just watch curb while drinking the rest of the day untill this shitstorm blows over

>Because GRRM is a fucking draft dodger
Based; no man is the property of the state

She dies in the basement of the house hasn't left for years, like the crazy cat lady she always was.

yes because the emotions I should feel when a dragon is destroying everything around me are mild confusion and disorientation

As I said, it is more reminiscent of carpet bombings. Nuke just kills you instantly, you can't outrun it. So, there is no connection on the level of individual human suffering. And because the US did not bomb Japan AFTER they surrendered there is no connection on the grand scale of things.

Attached: Specopsthe throne.png (1024x596, 850K)

I'm tired of this guy's directing. He spends so much time on useless shit that goes nowhere. In Last Night it was 20 minutes of people fake dying. In bells it was 20 minutes of faceless strangers dying in millions with no emotional weight.

Attached: sapochnik.jpg (1080x1440, 246K)

He's a CO so
>muh defying the state
has nothing to do with it. He's a coward pacifist, you could probably rape his children right in front of him and he'd do nothing - might even masturbate in the corner like the cuck he is.

You don't get it.

You're just splitting hairs. You can't outrun a fucking dragon either dipshit. Stop being such a pedant. Accept the Dragons are the equivalent of a WMD in a medieval world where a fucking scorpion is the pinnacle of military technology.

>die in seconds by fire which is a shitty death on the pain scale.
It depends. After a while your brain cooks and you just stumble around as a zombie until it finishes roasting all the way through.

Humans don't work well at high temperatures and fire is pretty hawt.

Why he avoided the draft is less interesting than the fact he did. The draft was a highly immoral thing, and a bad idea besides. The military is strongly opposed to conscription, because they know it results in subpar recruits.

why not just have the other dragon die in this fucking battle and thats what makes danny lose her mind and kill everyone, at least then it makes some fucking sense

>You're supposed to feel like shit.
it felt like shit because IT WAS SHIT not because of the horrors of war.

Attached: 1529998192255.jpg (1119x624, 75K)

Germany and Britain can both conduct carpet bombings

The US can nuke, nobody else can

Explain faggot

To you, maybe. In reality he was a drugged up hippy fucks who let his own people die while he got rich writing stories about subjects he was too cowardly to participate in himself. He has a woman's view of the world. like from the fat-lased estrogen flowing in his veins. It's no surprise he wrote women in as god-tier characters and had castration fantasies.

>WAR IS NOBLE
top kek depends on the war but nam was way way worse than anything in GoT

Yikes, have sex.

WHERE
ARE
THE
FARMS

THE CITY SHOULD BE SURROUNDED BY FUCKING FARMS AND MILLS AND VILLAS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN FUCKING SEE

>There is no resemblance whatsoever.

Yeah except for being a morally ambiguous superweapon capable of destroying an entire city by lunchtime.

>COWARDICE IS NOBLE
He was a CO which means no war would have been justified in his mind. None. That's not disagreeing with A war, it's being a coward cuck in general.
change tampon

>Implying he's autistic for using the word literal literally

You can’t nuke a fleet or several buildings with wildfire?

Where did the desert come from as well?
It was surrounded by trees and the sea in the first season.

CO is a meme, there are no COs, its just a mechanism to avoid fighting america's retarded wars without publicly denouncing american foreign policy and getting in even more trouble

Which is just another measure of his cowardice. If he disagreed with the war he should have publicly denounced those executing it and moved his ass to another country permanently. Instead he chose the coward's route out.

>terribly meh and mediocre it was in execution aside from the millions of dollarios that went into the vfx and explosions

This is just it. All the vfx and production was some of the greatest ever undertaken. And so much of it was wasted on bad writing.

>You're supposed to feel like shit.
All I felt was was watching shit.

No, it's a metaphor for immigration in Europe.

>he avoided dying like an animal in a completely pointless war, same thing thousands of others have done including the sitting president
absolutely based.

Nope, he was a CO. You niggers can try to rationalize it all you want and make up
>muh just war
>h-he was just sitting out this one
excuses, but he is a pacifist and a cuck.

The episode was pure kino though, go dislike some youtube video with your reddit friends

So Godzilla wasn't a metaphor for the nukes either? A great unstoppable destruction they couldn't really do anything about.