Game of Thrones has been nothing but vile worship of violence...

Game of Thrones has been nothing but vile worship of violence. Daenerys has always been an egotistical psychopath traumatized by her past, it was just always taken out on those who "wronged" her and fans have taken it as YASSSS QUEEENN DRACARYS!!!! She actively takes joy in violence and pain as long as it's against people who she can justify in her mind as deserving of it. Crucifixion, starvation, wholesale slaughter all in the hands of a stupid girl with the mind of a middle schooler and three nuclear warheads in her control. If anything I'm glad they stopped bullshitting. The only truly good major player in this show is Jon. Everyone else is literally Orc tier.

Attached: csTdl8yCceHl.jpg (600x600, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yLKTnF6fLyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its ok lad. Arya's going to kill that slag in the next ep

blah blah fucking blah purge yourself from the genepool retard

it's pretty disturbing how the casual audience didn't even consider dany going mad as a possibility despite the fact she has been burning and crucifying people since the show began.

Jon has been reduced to a whipped cuckold this season. If he would take what is his by right, then none of the million people would have been burned alive. At least he will butcher that cunt next episode and the sjw freakout will be complete.

Burning and crucifying people was never the problem... it's sometimes necessary to kill your enemies, e.g. the slave masters in essos, or the dothraki kahls, or cersei and her generals.
the problem is murdering innocent civilians

Evil or not I'd still be her toilet slave

Yeah but Jon as played by Kit Harrington is basically a squinty block of wood.

many of the masters she crucified were innocent, that's the point. she just randomly picked a bunch of masters to crucify.

Jon’s fine but he’s still reluctantly engaging in a wretched system so he’s part of the problem even though he has a conscience. The truly good people are like, Sam and Gilly, or Hot Pie.

>known for burning her enemies for like 8 seasons
>begins thinking everyone is her enemy
>burns them

wow jeez how could this happen?

Many of the masters who kept slaves were innocent
Nigga, what?

do you not remember what her husband said about his father? he spoke against slavery and wanted nothing to do with it. he even says many of the masters she crucified were like his father.

Aristotle kept slaves.

She didn’t consider them innocent and even admits it. She says if they were innocent the would have rebelled when she arrived at KL, just like the slaves of Essos did. Then not rebelling somehow makes them complicit in Cersei’s wrong doings and therefore guilty.

The word 'slave' is broader than the average American really understands, because of our history of so-called 'chattel' slavery. Athenian slavery was quite different. Spartan slavery was a whole other beast. In some systems of 'slavery', slaves still lived relatively better than your average modern wageslave today. All I'm saying: not all 'slavery' is equal.

Well if course he'd say that.

There's a difference between making a statement by brutally crucifying a small group of not-so-innocent people, and going out of your way to kills thousands of innocent civilians after an almost bloodless victory.

>Game of Thrones has been nothing but vile worship of violence.

Yep.

>Daenerys has always been an egotistical psychopath traumatized by her past

The Targs as a whole were all like this. They were incestuous psychopaths who thought they were entitled to rule everyone simply because they could order dragons to burn and eat anyone who resisted. I initially had some hope that, while still being an archaic ruler, (read: killing someone once in a while was more or less inevitable) Dany would turn out ok; but that hope died with Randyll Tarly.

>She actively takes joy in violence and pain as long as it's against people who she can justify in her mind as deserving of it.

Yep. Lots of sick people on this site who justify it right along with her, as well.

>Everyone else is literally Orc tier.

Varys, Tyrion, and Jaime weren't. Jaime's only real flaw was being in love with Cersei.

>Well if course he'd say that.
oh so we're going to play the 'he lied' card?

Not necessarily, but that's the only time it's mentioned in the whole series. Show me another scene that highlights the poor misunderstood slavers.

Also I hardly think that Dany's overeaction to slavers from a few seasons ago hardly sets a precedent for her to butcher the very people she's been aiming to protect for her entire arc.

None of the things that anyone ITT said, explains why Varys suddenly turned against Dany, when he was cool with everything she did before.

>Show me another scene that highlights the poor misunderstood slavers
you mean the scene where the old slave asks dany for permission to go back to his master because he doesn't have a place in her world and loved his masters children? why would someone do that if these masters were all ebin evil people? i know, stockholm syndrome right? lol

Nah not all targs. Aegon was a legit real politik genius who barely had 10k soldiers and 3 dragons. He used clever diplomacy and adopted a lot of Westerossi customs to build a small base and used excellent judgment and restraint when dealing with the other Kingdoms. He took to having a house banner and words, started to worship the seven etc, you know things to show your future subjects you’re not a foreign invader. He was the pinnacle of the targs, but rhaegar was also a pretty legit dude. It’s unfortunate he went full retard.

He had a better life as a slave. That scene commented on how amatuer Dany is with dealing with complicated issues. In no way does it advocate slavery.
If anything it highlighted how indoctrinated slaves can become.
Again, this is all from a few seasons ago and doesn't have a great deal of bearing on the last episode.

Dany has always been impulsive and sometimes brutal, but it's always been through her warped lens of what's right and just. Burning KL and killing civilians simple makes no sense at all.

how does this not have bearing? it illustrates how impulsive and ruthless she is. i dont know how you aren't seeing that. she crucified people because of their class despite knowing nothing about them, she did it as an example. she's a shit ruler that has always made impulsive decisions.

Sometimes you have to destroy in order to create. Dany wants to break the wheel and create a just world. That requires a lot of sacrifice and even brutality. It's a tragedy that a leader like Dany has to do things like that, but her good name and conscience are sacrifices she has to make for the greater good.

Those KL people aren't innocents, either. Did any march against the old regime? They made their choice and chose fascism over liberation. They deserve what they get.

I'm with Her.

>she's a shit ruler that has always made impulsive decisions.
We're on the same page, m8.
I'm just arguing that killing the very people she set out to protect for no discernible reason is bizarre and sloppy writing.

Why is violence bad? Every shingle power structure in history of humanity was established with violence, it's inseparable part of us.
One who renders himself incapable of violence basically invites free violence from others his way.

>watches as her brother's brain is boiled alive with gold, her response is "he was no dragon"
>is turned on by khal drogo's promises of blood and rape of the seven kingdoms
>burn the witch at the stake in revenge
>locks her servant in with the big black guy in his crypt, he probably eats her when they start starving
>murders every non-slave in Astapor with the unsullied
>crucifixions in Meereen
>burns all the dothraki warchiefs, and smugly talks of the blood khal drogo has promised her as they scream
>burns the Tarlys

It's only natural that she would sperg out in king's landing, "if i can't have the throne, nobody can".

The Targs were average. Maegor was brutal but maybe had to be. Jahaerys the Conciliator was great but maybe only could afford to be great because of the times he was born in.

Really Westeros did well under good monarchs, not so well under bad monarchs, but by far worst of all when the kingship was in dispute. Especially for a peasant, life was way worse in a succession crisis than even a very bad king.

By unifying the seven kingdoms, Aegon put a stop to the endless wars between kings. That was a mostly good thing.

>It's only natural that she would sperg out in king's landing, "if i can't have the throne, nobody can".

Except that she'd won.

It was more like, "If I CAN have the throne, then nobody can, even me."

Bwahh ha ha

>for no discernible reason
she says it herself, they would never love her. she has no support there, they don't want her as their queen. she wanted to rule as a queen who everyone loved. everywhere she went she was loved by the common people and the slaves. she would never get that in westeros because she wasn't born there and no one trusts her, they just see a tyrant with a dragon. even after helping the north the people up there don't like her or trust her. on top of that she then learns she doesn't even have the best claim on the throne and that knowledge is already being spread around. so she snaps and decides to make everyone terrified of her to make them obey, because that's truthfully the next best option because she's also extremely power hungry.

>she snaps
That's the issue here. There wasn't enough set-up for a snap. We've had essentially half an episode of build up for this.

You can mention her killing slavers and couple of other blips over the course of 8 seasons, but it's just not enough to justify her actions in the last episode. Not even close.

Many of the slaves wanted to go back to the slave life cause they were treated well and fed.

There's literally an episode of slaves against the unsullied because of this.

Freeing and killing the "masters" of people who want to be slaves is like killing doms or team captains.

>Except that she'd won.
>It was more like, "If I CAN have the throne, then nobody can, even me."

Did you somehow miss the previous episode, and how she stayed in isolation? Ever since her brother died, she thought that she was the rightful queen, and this was her entire motivation.
Turns out, Jon is the rightful heir to the throne. And since he couldn't keep his mouth shut, she believes that she will inevitably lose the throne. Once the bells rung, she realized it was a hollow victory.

This.

Also Jon straight up said he wouldn't take the throne and he's proven to be very trustworthy.

Attached: 1524613751178.png (1274x1184, 732K)

there was plenty of setup for her to snap. she helps save the entire realm against the army of the dead and no one gives a shit about her the day after they win. if she can't win them over with something like that then it's just pointless to even bother trying to win them over.

So why doesn't she just leave? Why concentrate on killing innocents?

because
youtube.com/watch?v=yLKTnF6fLyw
4:25

>he's proven to be very trustworthy.

"I've seen how they look at you. I know that look, many have looked at me that way, but never here."
"It doesn't matter what you want; you didn't want to be King in the North. What happens when they demand you press your claim and take what is mine?"
"Swear to secrecy ... or it will take a life of it's own and you won't be able to control it, or what it does to people. No matter how many times you bend the knee, no matter what you swear."

>Burning KL and killing civilians simple makes no sense at all
Holy cope

But she isn't taking it. She's actively participating in the destruction of her Kingdom because Jon wouldn't shag her.

she...is taking it. with fire and blood

Jon didn't swear to secrecy.

>because Jon wouldn't shag her.
It's because she has no claim to the throne that is her whole motivation,

>Killing your subject after a bloodless victory = taking what's hers

your missing the part where jon has a better claim on the throne, so she has to do this to make them fearful.

Exactly, and with that action dany believes he destroyed her dream and broken them apart forever.

I know. Tell that to the guy I was replying to.

>Game of Thrones has been nothing but vile worship of violence.

True. GoT is in a way cultural self harm, like drinking cheap moonshine. Martin will be forgotten in a decade and the people of tomorrow will remember Tolkien for thousands of years.

Attached: 1557620915205.png (565x425, 288K)

based beaveranon. surprised anyone around here has posts of his.

Attached: f55e4a889c16c32f99cdeb9cce92e1a3a145d1f7add55915d2d5124de3f61f24.jpg (759x1024, 182K)

The point with that though is that Dany THOUGHT she was destroying something wholly evil and didn't anticipate the aftermath it would take on a complex society.

Her knowingly burning innocents doesn't achieve anything, so we are led to believe it's because she's gone mad. A madness that has had very little set-up time so it comes from nowhere.

>being so new you can't even greentext

Dany was always compassionate with ordinary people and she was usually pretty reasonable with her enemies. It feels like they really just wanted to pull this twist, even if it doesn't fit with how she was portrayed for the first 6 seasons.
I don't care so much about that, it's just a shame that the two major battles of this season have completed lacked any kind of tension, because they instead wanted to use them to set up their "epic" twists. Everyone who isn't a retard could see them both coming a mile away. It's just poor writing, it doesn't feel like an epic, it feels like a stupid reality show drama.

Take pity on the phone poster

>Dany looks in awe at hearing Khal Drogo talk about how he will lead an army to rape the women, enslave the children, and butcher the men of Westeros
AWWWW ITS TRUE LOVE
>Dany crucifies hundreds of masters who have nothing to do with the cruelty inflicted on the crucified slaves
YASSSSS QUEEN SLAY
>Dany threatens a nobleman with death if he doesn’t marry her, and cuckolds him, and immediately forgets about him when he dies for her
HAHAHA YOU SO FUNNY BASED DANY
>Dany has been told her father was a mad man who needed to die multiple times, and keeps forgetting it so she can be murderously angry about it
SHE DESERVES POWER
>Dany dismantles the entire economy and socio-political structure of brown-people-land, then leaves it to fall apart under the leadership of a shady sellsword
BREAKER OF CHAINS WOOOO
>Dany burns a father and son alive for not submitting to her after she brings an army of savage rapists and eunuchs to Westeros
SHE HAD TO THO
>Dany invites Jon Snow for an audience to Dragonstone, and promptly has a tantrum and imprisons him for not immediately bending the knee
SHES JUST CRANKY HAHA
>Dany burns an entire city alive because she’s mad at the people for not surrendering before she lost so much that she cared about, even though they had nothing personally to do with said losses
WTF!? THIS IS SO OUT OF CHARACTER!

>she was usually pretty reasonable with her enemies.
>bend the knee or my dragon will burn you
>if you betray me I will give you a slow death, locking you up in a vault, burn you at the stake - no way you're getting a quick death, I need to enjoy it

She does not care about common people, she cares about being a ruler. A good qween is good to the innocents, so she enjoys her "justice" and "saving people". But it's never about them, it's about her power, sacrificing herself never crosses her mind, it's others who do the sacrificing.

>Dany burns an entire city alive because she’s mad
>Thinking that's on the same level as any of that other shit you posted
>Defending D&D because normies don't like the episode either

Burning those two Tarlys was last season, when they knew where they were going. As for that Black guy from season 2 he gained her trust and then tried to kill her, so I'd say she's justified in having him killed.
>She does not care about common people, she cares about being a ruler.
This is your head cannon, which doesn't fit what we have been shown in the past seasons. Just take that Mulatto woman who was killed last episode. She had no skills at anything, but Dany still decided to help her because she was kind.

>Dany killing innocents has no bearing on her killing innocents

Crucifying the masters who had nothing to do with, and with some even opposing, the crucifixion of the slaves is exactly the same thing.

She doesn’t care about justice. Just feeling good about killing as vengeance

She was killing and punishing those who she saw were responsible for the crucification of those slaves and slavery as a whole. Even then, it was an action she showed an amount of remorse for.

It's not a good comparison. She didn't think of the slavers as innocent by a long way.
She KNEW the citizens of KL were innocent but killed them nonetheless, and destroyed her capital in the process.

I don't mind Dany killing people, but using her Dragons to do it is the problem, she is the mad king all over again because she identifies so strongly with fire and death and dragons, she will brutalise people into submission and she will have a great horrifying beast do that bidding for her instead of giving the men a clean death that at least has the illusion of dignity.

She's just so totally alien to westeros and the values that Jon holds, which are revered by the people there

>it was an action she showed an amount of remorse for.

She literally threatened the son of one of the slavery she crucified with death unless he married her, then treated him like a cuck until he died defending her, st which point she forgot about him

>he gained her trust and then tried to kill her, so I'd say she's justified in having him killed.
Justified in having him and her servant locked in a pitch black vault, where if they don't suffocate first, they will eat each other from hunger, and the one remaining will still die a slow death?
> She had no skills at anything, but Dany still decided to help her because she was kind.
She spoke 20 languages, knew the region, served as an advisor and a flatterer.

My view of her fits pretty well with what we see all seasons. Why did she stay with the savage rapists and murderers, the dothraki, why did she want to cross the sea with them, and have the khal conquer the seven kingdoms? This isn't service to anyone but herself. She speaks at length many times about her true motivations:

"This is where Drogo promised to take his Khalasar west to where the world ends. He promised to kill the men in their iron suits and tear down their stone houses. You are small men. None of you are fit to lead the Dothraki. But I am. So I will."

"(So my litte princess, what is it that you want?) My birthright: the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. Do you understand? I am no ordinary woman, my dreams come true. I am Daenerys Stormborn, of the House Targaryen, of the blood of Old Valyria, and I will take what is mine, with fire, and blood, I will take it."

It was NEVER about the good of the people. It was about her right, taking back what is her's.

The whole reason she held back from KL was to NOT kill innocents to show she's a better ruler.
Dany's was to be a better ruler to her subjects.

The Dothraki kept slaves. If the slave masters deserved crucifixion, she should have crucified herself also, as the queen of slavers.

>The whole reason she held back from KL
The whole reason she held back from KL is Jon Snow and the army of the dead.

>Justified in having him and her servant locked in a pitch black vault, where if they don't suffocate first, they will eat each other from hunger, and the one remaining will still die a slow death?
Sure. Being killed is being killed. Suffocating or starving isn't that bad compared to a lot of things. Again this is you twisting the events being shown to fit your head canon, like anyone in the show has ever expressed any concern with giving people painless deaths before.
>My view of her fits pretty well with what we see all seasons. Why did she stay with the savage rapists and murderers, the dothraki, why did she want to cross the sea with them, and have the khal conquer the seven kingdoms?
All the soldiers in this show are savage murderers and rapists.
>It was NEVER about the good of the people. It was about her right, taking back what is her's.
Maybe in the books.

>like anyone in the show has ever expressed any concern with giving people painless deaths before.
The brotherhood without banners showed concern. Oh, and also one other guy, Jon Snow, who put an arrow through the heart of the king beyond the wall, as the said king burned at the stake. He somehow could not stand to see people suffer, Dany wouldn't have even blinked if some free-folk fuck didn't bend the knee.
They do show a clear contrast between those two characters, you can't see everyone is evil, there are people who try to uphold a higher moral standard. One has other people die for her, one dies for the people, one wants the throne because it's her's, one does not want to rule for the sake of being called king. They did put some effort into showing this.

The Dothraki did a lot worse than slaves. So did the Ironborn. She has always been a tier one hypocrite.

Those two parties pledged to fight for her so all the atrocies were water under the bridge whereas the masters wouldn´t fight for her cause, so what they did had to be answered with "justice" hurrrrrr

Nigga I don't give a shit about this I'm just correcting that dumb burger about slave masters.

>She was killing and punishing those who she saw were responsible for the crucification of those slaves and slavery as a whole.
Yes, and every time she did, it made her feel powerful, and right, until the very end.

Do you get it now or do they need to make another episode of her commiting a massacre to finaly dawn on you?

You're right that they rushed it. We'd have essentially an entire book's worth of buildup to this in the books, assuming they ever get finished. I'd imagine Dany lands in Westeros in the second half of TWOW and the sacking of King's Landing would be somewhere around 3/4 of the way through ADOS. Everything in the last two seasons has been rushed tbqh.

Aegon the conqueror was less fire and bloody than her, and was largely willing to coopt ant except existing powers.

Face it she's just an insane bitch.

good shit!

I like that word Libition. I think I will take it and use it as my own.

Aegon melted Harrenhall

Which was a military installation full of Ironborn who everyone hated to begin with.

If she had only done that to the Red Keep then nobody would be calling her out like the crazy bitch she is.