"IT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE"

"IT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE"

"THERE WAS NO SIGN THAT DANY WAS ALWAYS A PSYCHO BITCH"

Attached: Daenerys-crucifying-the-Meereen-masters-in-Game-of-Thrones.jpg (1400x700, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lioVbj-EKms
youtu.be/ZrEA4enNBSA
youtu.be/xKrARLg10eA?t=337
awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Sack_of_King's_Landing
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=ZrEA4enNBSA&start1=57&video2=6lGuDTRilKQ&start2=0&authorName=ecto
youtube.com/watch?v=OG55MPQjhwo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

member that time she casually walked through a village being raided and raped by the dothraki like nothing was happening? I member

Member that time where she locked two people inside an empty vault a left them to die a slow and painful death? I member

The problem is that up until she started burning the city for no reason, she had only really ever killed people actively opposing/betraying her. That made her more of a tough-on-crime kind of ruler, as opposed to a worse-than-Cersei kind of ruler.

The only reason it seems to be sudden is because of the ridiculous accelerated pace of this season which makes everything feel too fast.

What, who?

Yeah, but the slave masters deserved it. The people of Kings Landing were innocents.

Who rang the fucking bells anyway, and why? I thought they weren't supposed to ring the bells until Jaime and Cersei were out of the city. Also, what was Davos' favor to Tyrion? I would have assumed it was to smuggle Jaime into King's Landing, but that didn't seem to be the case.

That smooth nigga and her traitorous servant

>just kill all the baddies and everything will sort itself out!!1!

The ringin meant that Cersei gave up. Dany just went to sunday morning catoon villain school in that moment and sperged out.

She straight up said it would be better to burn them alive than let them live under Cersei

I'm sure that's what they would want too.

She's below mad king tier now. Because reasons...

Davos arranged the dinghy I think, now how the fuck the dinghy is meant to make it to Pentos under oar power of a guy with one hand and a pregnant woman is beyond me

>Fixing someone's head as you crucify them

That's not crucifiction. That's just nailing someone to a piece of wood until they die from thirst.
Much, much more cruel.

She is literally a slaver. Gave Randall two options, servitude or death. She was always horrible and Tyrion has been a fool

>for no reason
She said literally the same episode that she was going to do it to instill fear since people don't love her.

Which came out of nowhere. It was forced.

Why did she hang around in the city waiting until they had all surrendered before burning down her new capital? Why did she go from neighborhood to neighborhood instead of attacking the red keep where her actual enemy was? They could easily have even just a random archer try and attack her after the surrender or jeers from the crowd as a trigger. D&D can't be this retarded, they must do this shit on purpose.

Xerox Xerxes

They started it by crucifying all the kids, it was self defence

Dany has to be the mad queen, the fastest way to do that is having her kill civilians that already given up.

Yeah, but she turned into this over the past few episodes rather than slowly building up that development into the "mad queen". She had killed people before, but not masses of innocents. They spent almost no time building that change up. This season has some of the most rushed writing I've ever seen in a major show. She also says in that episode that "mercy is our strength."

>Because reasons

Because its literally her last chance to be Queen after losing two of her dragons and most of her army at Winterfell

Those are slave masters you utter Dabid cretin. Not innocent civilians.

Where does she keep getting these Unsullied and Dothraki from anyway?

Remember when she locked up her children the dragon in dungeon because Drogo ate some peasant kid?

Sure that's fine but why couldn't they write in a reason for it to happen?
Do the bells have some significance I'm missing?

No, it was established in the previous episode that people loved Jon and don't like her. Still stupid but it wasn't out of nowhere. This should have been an arc for a whole season, not 2 episodes.

Out of Dabid's asshole

That doesn't justify burning the city after the enemy gave already up. If she simply wanted revenge or to ensure that no Lannister would ever rise against her, she would've fuckd up the red keep, that she left untouched, and Casterly Rock for good measure. by burning down KL after the bells rang she just threw away any possible support from fucking everyone.

10 slave masters are a bunch of evil merchants. 100000 slave masters are a mass of innocent civilians.

they literally surrendered. her little army could have just marched in and taken the throne
if she wanted a big powermove she could have just roasted the red keep with less civilian casualties

remember that time whenever she had a meeting everyone including her was like "yes, we should just torch cities, that would be bad and a complete 360 of my character" and then she did this because, reasons

2nd season you slow bitch,

Yeah, but she went from zero to 100.

Remember that time she continued to keep her dragons even though they're carnivorous monsters that eat people?

I remember that scene and I remember her trying to save as many women as possible

Becasue they're hacks? Dunno what else to tell you, I can come up with a few scenarios for her losing it, and be it something simple as her burning lannisters and accidently setting off the wildfire, making it look as if it was her doing to the point where she loses everyones support. DD tough decided that she's now just mad Queen Dany. Don't think, just consume.

>"Sure I skinned him alive in front of his family, poured salt on his exposed flesh and jerked off over his corpse, but he was evil, so that doesn't make me crazy."

/tv is hilarious today

by nature Yea Forums wants to be contrarian and anti normie but the reaction of the dany change is even dividing the trolls

GG DD

>go crazy meme
youtu.be/lioVbj-EKms
>da qween burning down KL
youtu.be/ZrEA4enNBSA

I need those two together

Attached: IMG_20190513_141457.png (99x116, 23K)

I can't believe Dany FORCED herself on that poor, UN-CONSENTING city.

>Don't think, just consume
But I don't want to be like you

>they literally surrendered.
Yeah and they'll still remain soldiers who can pick up swords at any moment and rally for the rightful King

It wasn't revenge and it wasn't about being justified, it was about taking the Iron Throne

So is Jon Snow evil and crazy too? And on sunday when Jon Snow rapes the girl he saved today people will be like

>yep, saw it comin' a mile away

The northerners did for obvious reasons (king of the north and all), NOT the people of KLs.

Yeah, I mean, you need lots and lots of hours to develop a character... it's not like, say 90 minute movies manage to do it all the time.
Yeah, totally not because the writers are hacks.

>I met you guys maybe a month ago
>I DEMAND you obey me
>what do you mean you don't love me?
>DIE
Truly the worst timeline.

John should have fucked her. I think that was literally the last straw for her.

You mean because it reflected badly on her and if that kept happening she could lose the throne? Got any more exceptions to the rule? It’s like saying “Oh, the Saudi government are humanitarians because they didn’t crucify that one Journalist”(ignoring all the other political based execution/assassinations)

To her enemies yes, did she also crucify all the slave or other civilians too along with their master? No.
But of course THE BELL DABID, THE BELLLLLL

Honestly? I hope Arya finds out that Sansa was the one who told Tyrion and betrayed Jon then goes and kills her. Sansa is a little power hungry bitch and deserves to die.

Are the actions of insane people supposed to be highly predictable? They foreshadowed her instability more than enough.

>they surrendered
>throw down their weapons
>can easily be captured and moved away
>let the forces move towards the undefended red keep to the throne
>lul, better just burn down everything
>epecially those who didn't want to fight and just ran away

Revenge was a factor

Lol you are a fucking dunce.
In a society where slavery is NORMAL do you think that the average person is an evil villain for owning a slave?
So almost all of human history, people have been evil?
Slavery only ended en masse fairly recently.
They even had a scene with some dude pleading to have his dad taken down since he was a good cunt or something, yet that crazy slut just refused.

Telling Qarth she would burn them to the ground just because they wanted to look at her dragons before letting her in was just as bad and they didn't oppose/betray her.

Captured and what, gassed?
They were still an army that would never be loyal to her over Jon

Yeah they would’ve rallied against an unstoppable draogn with foot soldiers and an army of horseback rapists and angry castrati right in front of them

Retard

>So almost all of human history, people have been evil?
Yes

The Dragons looked like a bitch last week. The power levels on the show are inconsistent and retarded but its been established they're nowhere near unstoppable

No, whenever you surrender you get the chance to swear fealty or you’re supposed to by the standards of their civilization which is what Robert did. If you bend the knee that’s it, most of the foot soldiers have fought under more than one banner.

yeah I'm sure little 8 years old Bob over there was also in the army.

Gotta kill any possibility of resistance early on.

Dude if people actually think dany going full psycho is out of character that's just going to be fucking annoying.

>with foot soldiers and an army of horseback rapists
Most of them were meant to have died at Winterfell, pretty much all the Dothraki infact even though they magically reappeared.
The canon is though that she would only have a small core army of loyal soldiers left

I agree with that but the black one was always the toughest.

The “she forgot” justification is fucking stupid but it doesn’t change that the city was breached and they had nowhere to go.

no fuck you incel those were bad people so it’s perfectly normal that she immolated every single person in their civilization with no remorse

t. Normalfag

Attached: B182F2A2-E253-4417-A5CF-CCE2DBF7A51E.jpg (484x484, 34K)

you're forgetting that the lannisters sacked the city

Silly bullshit

Attached: yass queen.jpg (751x500, 125K)

that's literally Westeros (or medieval warfare) has been doing for thousand of years, one lord gets deposed, the other rise up and others swear fealty to him instead of killing everyone and their mom.

Once they were in the city it didn’t matter, the battle was lost. You don’t need that many people when you’ve got air support against an entirely grounded force. If Cersei had a few war blimps or something she could’ve had an even fight.

Slave masters are innocent civilians

And what stops Jon doing the exact same thing?

More like 60 to 100.

I didn't like Khaleesi since episode 1.

She acts like a privilleged bitch constantly, and her having hardships is no excuse, everyone is getting fucked in this serie. :^)

Attached: 1557175397352.jpg (500x503, 33K)

sacked the red keep, not the city

>it was hinted!
Of fucking course it was. There hasnt been a single main character without those heel turns ""hints"". Name one. Davos maybe? Jon? What else? I can argue for literally every single character turning bad

You can't use the first few seasons as evidence

Those people knew what they were doing

Attached: D6cmA2fX4AAw4pe.jpg (813x1200, 207K)

She had anti-air but they went from super-powerful last week to being shitty and useless this week
We'll assume by canon they're something inbetween and more like what they were like in episode 2

I know they did but the Lannisters were fighting for robert and I’m not arguing if she’s right or wrong to sack it, just what happens typically after your enemy fully surrenders which Aerys never did since Jaime had to kill him just before they stormed the castle and found him in Aerys’ chair.

Once it was all said and done and the weapons were dropped, robert let a lot of people off the hook. That’s how it worked because like 60% of your force is taken after you win.

Thanks for reminding me, OP, it was a kino scene
youtu.be/xKrARLg10eA?t=337

uh, no, they sacked the entire city
awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Sack_of_King's_Landing

Reminder: Dany had no education or experience except for getting raped by her brother and savage husband she was forced to marry. She only did well when she was listening to her advisors until she stopped and started thinking for herself and fucked it all up. She was always retarded.

>everyone is getting fucked in this serie

Except Sansa and Arya.

>"IT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE"
>"THERE WAS NO SIGN THAT DANY WAS ALWAYS A PSYCHO BITCH"
what
I've only just finished the episode, what the shit is with these reactions. She's been foreshadowed as a potential tyrant from like the 2nd season/book. It's not even that subtle. Do people not pay attention?

Only one of them would've died slowly, the bitch would've been smashed and eaten fairly quickly

Not only that, they had a scene with a former slave begging to be a slave again. She just allowed him to be a wage slave, kek.

Argue for Jon turning bad then

that why she asked him to bend the knee and he did, now she ruled over him?
By your logic you should just kill everyone even people under you because they could rebel.

its pretty hard for these idiots to pay attention when they're too busy self inserting themselves as dany and not seeing her psychopathic power hungry mentality

This. Glad her descent is more nuanced in the books

>By your logic you should just kill everyone even people under you because they could rebel.
Well yeah, thats what she's doing

>Sansa
>not getting fucked

Attached: B65AD42F-F001-4FE8-8B36-F347C0B85703.jpg (300x225, 10K)

>Jon

Jon hanged those poor souls who were just trying to protect the realm from the wildling invasion. He didn't even care for their point of view and executed them as soon as he came back from the dead.
He even killed the child goddamnit. The little boy!

>Except Sansa

Attached: you were so beautiful, in your white wedding dress.webm (854x480, 2.86M)

Woah Dany’s a femcel she’s just like me

God I wish I was Ramsey

now argue this you contrarians

She already had their fear though. If she was still pissed and wanted more fear she could've exclusively burned the Red Keep. Now she's Queen of the ashes, people will fight to the last man because surrender isn't an option, she has a burning castle with unstable foundations and broken walls and everyone will hate her

>When Chad doesn't fuck you
BURN DOWN ALL MEN AND CHILDREN.
IT'S JUSTIFIED YOU INCEL

Except the whole meereen arc dispels that idea entirely. Some of the slavers were good people who were working towards the benefit of others.

I said but Davos and Jon, but
>Humiliate his fellow brothers as soon as he gets to Castle Black
>Betrayed his vows with Ygritte
>Betrayed his vows a second time by letting the savage wildlings in
>Get ressurected by the evil god Rh'llor to do his biding
>Shown to control the evil undead dragon that doesnt burn him on the spot with his shout
>Almost comical devotion to the Mad Queen
>Doesnt care that his new dragon gets killed
>Doesnt care about Varys getting executed over almost nothing

GRRM told them what happens in the last books. They are established retards and nothing they said mattered, it was just their guess

Hey she was burning Stacies too, both past future and present Stacies

That cool ass black dude

She was an evil cunt from the first season. Now I'm wondering if dabid are the hacks I always thought they were or if last episode sent them on the redemption path.

Wrong. Even if this season her snap would still be shit. There was plenty of build up for her to go psycho but literally nothing set her off. If she'd seen greyworm die or if they saved her dragon death for this episode it would have made sense for her to snap and go crazy. But no, they won, she has a breather, and then decides to obliterate her own city which she just captured making it a pointless victory. And it's not even like she was in the heat of the moment, she's flying around saying dracarys for hours I was waiting for her to calm down or get bored.

yasss queenslayer

So are we still evil? Its very possible things we overlook now will be considered barbaric in not even 80 years

FIERY DANY DO IT AGAIN

Attached: daenerys-game-of-thrones.jpg (752x553, 48K)

She was an evil cunt from the first season, to her enemies, not the common people

>under oar power of a guy

They hired gedry to row.

remember when he killed the slavers to get the unsullied thereby breaking guest right
also remember when he didn't cry or stop drogo when he killed his brother

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=ZrEA4enNBSA&start1=57&video2=6lGuDTRilKQ&start2=0&authorName=ecto

Dany + Vegeta's theme lmbo

>south park meme
cringe

When she had three dragons and two giant armies

KINGS LANDING: A JUSTIFIABLE MILITARY TARGET
DO IT AGAIN BOMBER DANY

How fucking uneducated are you?

You mean the murderers?
They were murderers. Not innocents

She realised that if she lets KL surrender she has another Meereen clusterfuck situation in her hands. The people were not gonna love her and they would have seen her as a usurper with an army of eunuch freaks and barbaric sandniggers. By now everyone also knows that Jon has better claim. Also the fact that she's a mentally unstable girl who has just lost all her loved ones.

The only way to claim the throne was to rule with absolute fear and show that if anyone tries to oppose they will be nuked to dust.

This. She's a shit player of the game who only made it so far because of her OP weapons and plot armor

More educated than the dumbass blonde bitch

>>Tyrion has been a fool
>"Tyrion, why do you support Dany?"
>"I think she would make the world a better place" he says despite having never seen any evidence of that which would explain why he is so devoted.
Every character that has followed Dany just followed her because why not. Unquestioning loyalty is boring and retarded why it comes from nowhere.

Yes, seeing how a large majority of mankind puts greed and themselves before the well-being of the planet. How people who are fighting aren't doing enough or even worse the people who does it to only look good. What are you doing to fight climate change and pollution? Who did you vote for in the recent election of whatever nation you live in, someone you think is truly fit to lead the nation or someone that would make the other side angry

They should've shown her face during the burning. If she was laughing, crying or still just looking pissed.

There's no guest right unless you partake of salt and break. Sansa though broke guest right by putting Littlefinger in a sham trial and killing him though.

And she did try to stop Viserys, can't stop him though when Drogo's having Viserys' threats translated to him and is gonna have to kill him no matter what. You can't threaten to cut open the dude's wife and demand shit while breaking the law by bringing a sword and act like you can just ride away after that

She was trying to save the women the khalasar took before she got the dragons. She didnt chose to be there, she was sold into mariage and tried to make the best of the situation for the people that would have been enslaved regardless

At this point I don't need to cite the examples of the crazy shit she did previously.

>started going full muh throne since S5
>despite the shit she pulled, it seemed like she had good intentions
>finally come to the land where the throne is located, fuck yeah
And then came the conga line that was late S7-S8 and getting close to her objective.
>nobody has any idea who you are and/or are cautious of you due to their previous targshit king with a dragon, even if you brought them an army to face the ice zombies
>meanwhile, they idolize your lover for reasons
>one of your dragon children gets noscoped by an ice necromancer
>your lover's sister opposes you whenever she can but you can't really touch her
>after all the shit about muh throne and being days away from fulfilling your life's objective, find out that you're not even the next in line for the throne, but rather your lover, so you can't just kill him and be done with it or something, meaning everything you did's in jeopardy
>you then lose both BFFs to undead soldiers, another dragon child, more and more people find about your lovers's claim to the throne, and you go starving because one of your trusted wisdom men tries to poison you for days with your food

After all that shit, and the incest targshit genes in your blood, she only needed a small push to go full retard, which can be attributed to the bells in two ways.

>(in her head)she couldn't take the fact that she had to sit by and just bottle her rage after all the shit that went through and these people that accept stupid tyrannic rulers without doing anything to oppose them just continue on living
>lmao the bells gave her a horrible headache

Attached: 1485990840526.png (566x533, 254K)

>What about Climate change

Attached: X7fQkrX.jpg (1200x1000, 166K)

>"You should be able to make it to Pentos if the winds are good"
>Provides a cripple and a pregnant Woman with a oar powered canoe
Kek

2 YEARS AND THEY FORGOT TO INSERT FLOOR TEXTURES

Attached: Floor_Texture_Missing.jpg (1920x1076, 595K)

Like she said earlier in the episode. From her point of view she needs to do this for the future generations who need to be freed after her rule. Its common Communist logic. For the greater good comrade

If you want to say something then use words, or a image that actually says something.

why doesn't Daenerys have purple eyes in the show

It's nothing to joke about you nazi!

Attached: it's over.jpg (753x587, 175K)

This is the thing I don't get about the reactions.
It's completely telegraphed and foreshadowed.
Sure the lead up this season was weak and rushed, but I definitely think people are right in saying that this was meant to happen in the books. That this is his ending. His "scouring of the shire".
A much better episode than anything in the previous 4 and nearly all of season 7.
You can tell there is more substance behind this episode than D&D's typical fanfiction tier writing.

The bitch is the most entitled, arrogant, lucky, unmerciful, and self righteous character in the entire series. With maybe Cersei and Joffery being a very close second.
The only reason she isn't completely demonized like Joffery and Cersei are is because of "muh slavery" and "she cute".
The last two seasons have left me not really giving a damn, I'm just here so I don't have to wait on the books anymore, so I can get a reasonable ending to a series I have been waiting to see finished. But I have to say that this episode was a glimpse of a return to form for what had originally been a pretty good adaptation of the source material.

And her enemies are anyone who defies her and can change when she feels like. She can excuse or condemn anyone using her own rationale whenever she feels like it.

She was always like this, the story just used misdirection to fool you into thinking otherwise by presenting her as a hero. This is the shit Gurm lives for, fits perfectly with his view of war, and is 1,000,000% what he wants to ultimately happen in the books.

If you didn't think it was going to end like that you're a fucking retard

>If you want to say something then use words, or a image that actually says something.

Attached: 1557058429754.png (645x773, 49K)

I dont understand what your point is. She's been a fuck-up and a bad ruler but she's always trying to do what she thinks is right for the oppressed. And she decided to burn them away, for it seems hours on end

She already had fear from destroying the walls, battlements, soldiers, and fleet.

And Jon doesn't have any fucking proof, why would nobles elsewhere suddenly believe Varys the fucking spy or this story of Jon being a kid by a woman who they can't confirm was ever pregnant or married unless you listen to Branbot and believe Sam's diary.

And better claim is settled by just marrying them. when you know she has a larger army, a dragon and Dorne will never side with the alleged son of a woman Rhaegar disinherited his first kids and left his wife for. Dany also already made the Reach bend the knee and Gendry can't take the Stormlands unless he has Dany's backing and acknowledged that she is the Queen so he can even be legitimized. Jon doesn't want to rule, do an Aegon where she makes all the decisions and Jon just stands pretty and acts tough when need be.

Friendly reminder that during a siege if the defenders didn't surrender right from the start, they have always been fair game for looting and raping.

An image says more then a thousand words, but it dosen't mean anything if it's just 1001 words randomly thrown together that dosen't form a proper sentence.

I think it's not about the destination, it's about the lack of a sufficient journey. They've cut so many fucking corners and rushed the shit out of this show despite wasting so much goddamned time on fanservice

Except it wont be the same in book and show. Going from the show only it was badly done

>And Jon doesn't have any fucking proof
Sam has the book where the marriage was made legal

This is what she thinks is best for the oppressed. Burn one city and the army in it and the cost of innocents is worth the new world she seeks to achieve
And realistically this is her last chance of absolutely securing it

this

GRRM was probably mad at the direction of the show and trolled them

> yo, fight my battles and die for me. Or I'll burn you alive.
Wtf, this character is a baddie all of a sudden!?

The problem with the average showpleb is that they always contextualized her craziness into situations where she could easily claim good intentions. But deep down you know she liked burning people, and she was just making excuses for her to do what she liked doing

Attached: 3B182CA5-831A-4903-8FE2-7E293AFDCB79.jpg (214x236, 5K)

>Be George RR Martin
>Decide to make a fantasy book centered around the wickedness of war
>In your book, time and time let it know how cruel War is, how it changes people, how it takes away, how it twists humans one against another
>Suddenly get reached out by 2 men that want to make a TV show about your book
>Finally! Your anti-war message will reach even more peple!
>yfw this is the kind of message people gain from the show

Attached: 1557732288292.png (643x502, 80K)

I don’t think anyone would seriously heed that, at least not outright and immediately. The high Septon’s diary wasn’t cared about when they stored it otherwise it would’ve been found out and a lot of houses would accuse them of forgery unless the entire citadel vouched for the claim and even then it’s not like Maesters hold any real political power.

But she saw she won already. She went out of her way to target civilians

Attached: file.png (1281x720, 496K)

That diary is suspect since it comes from Sam and can't be authenticated. And that only says Rhaegar married Lyanna, not that she was ever knocked up, you need to listen to Branbot and believe him for that

>she only needed a small push to go full retard
Which she didn't have. If she saw grey worm die or they saved the dragon death for this episode it would have been fine. Instead it's
>win a resounding victory with minimal casualties
>Destroy everything you just won for no reason
It would also be fine if she flew to the red keep and burned Cercei but instead she burnt the entire city first for no reason.

He told them before it started. This is how it’ll end in the books minus a few side characters but the overall major beats will be the same.

>a lot of houses would accuse them of forgery
Nobles dont exist in the show unless they are convenient

remember when she raped khal drago wtih a 5 inch dildo and he was never the same again? i member

Nah. You sound like a bitter roastie here.
Dany was still angry at everything and everyone for what she's lost.
>Cersei betrayed her promise to send aid in the north.
>Cersei had mulatto girl killed.
>Cersei had her dragon killed.
>Jon had betrayed her.
>The people of Westeros didn't accept her, despite everything she sacrificed for them.
I'm not saying what she did wasn't mad Targaryan tier, and I'm not saying that what she did was justified.
I'm just saying that it makes sense from a point of view where your victory feels hollow, where vengeance is about to be stolen from you.
That was the theme of this episode (and the books, if they're ever written), Dany, Sandor, and Arya all go there for vengeance, and it (only nearly for Arya) destroys them all. And I may still destroy Arya like it has destroyed Dany.
It's obvious this is GRRM writing, and not D&D fanfiction.

Daenerys "give me the pole, or I'll burn you all" Targaryen aka Mad Queen
Yass Slay them Quawen
Seriously, all the bitching is amazing.

This.
I'm very much happy with Dany going ape shit, but god damn
>sit and wait for their surrender
>they surrender
>"Actually, you know what? Fuck you"

Fair enough but they’d still use it to wave away the book. It’s not like Sam is even an ordained Maester yet he doesn’t even have a single chain, and the maesters are bottom bitch boys to the rest of the realm. On the political scale of hierarchy a maester is no better than a eunuch.

>But she saw she won already.
For now. But again watch the episode and realize she does not trust Jon Sansa, or any of the kingdoms of Westeros to follow her out of love. She can only rule through absolute force and this is her chance to wipe out the biggest army that would oppose her while they're all stuck in one place

>(Ramsay grunting)
>(Sansa groaning)
nice.

Might is right, fuck em. the civilians should have left the city

remember that part where she tells the dothraki she would take them to westeros where they would "kill my enemies in their iron suits and tear down their stone houses"? really makes you think what tearing down houses has to do with winning a war for the throne

this level of cope

>a few people died that she knew and she had the illusion of birthright shattered (hard truth: right of conquest dictates Targs are no longer the royal family and thus she never had any birthright as she was born after Robert's coronation, thus neither does Jon)
>this totally justified the systematic roasting of a city for the sole purpose of exterminating innocents so the rest fear her.
>Besides, they poor and probably haven't washed for days they deserve it kinda

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg (443x550, 35K)

It was expected to happen, but execution was pretty bad.
I don't even give a fuck though, what important is that every thot and soiboi now knows how it felt when they did what they did to Stannis.

> Expecting emotional predictability from a woman.
That bitch has been sitting on shit since season one. She probably spent the two days of isolation planning how to get the most attention from Jon only to take her anger out on him.

How dumb do you have to be to stay in a city knowing full well a mad targ riding a dragon is going to attack

George R.R. Martin himself said that Danaerys is supposed to be a more sympathetic version of Sauron. The whole thing about following her to her fall from grace is supposed to trick people into loving her when she's really the true evil of the series. This is where I think the show fucked up because they rushed it. They should've had her do some brash, irrational shit during the battle with the Whitewalkers to foreshadow.

It's also where I think Preston Jacobs is fucking wrong. He thinks it's sexist to have a "mad queen" plotline even though it's more like a like-father-like-daughter kind of thing and to say that women can't be villains is kind of sexist in itself and I don't think PJ *gets* GRRM's view of feminism. It just comes off as lazy and forced as fuck in the show where I think it'll be more satisfying if the books ever get finished.

don't forget Howland Reed is still alive

Dany was always a psycho, and people didn't see it cause she was hot and hated slavery.

kek

god I hate normies

Dany did a lot of straight up bad things over the course of the show.
Locking up her pets so they don't eat her subjects isn't a bad thing. It's one of the few sound and correct decisions she's ever made.

To be fair for a Facebook post he does make one legitimate point about everyone cheering for her to burn the city last episode. That bar where tumblrites watch the show erupted into applause when they thought she was going to roast them last episode.

I don't even remember what's happening in the books anymore

A lot of it comes from the idea that until they revealed Jon as being a Targ that Dany is the only true claimant to the throne and therefore, true ruler=infallible cos divine right or whatever.

This. Now we can all hate the show together. Stannisbros and Danyfags united

Attached: Assassination.jpg (1280x720, 398K)

>Arya bakes people into pies
YAAS QUEEN SLAY
>Sansa feeds her rapist to dogs
YAAS QUEEN SLAY
>Dany burns all the food from the Reach
YAAS QUEEN SLAY
>Dany starts killing innocents and her dothraki start raping white people despite having done this since season 1
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS INHUMANE, ANTI-FEMINIST SHIT?

See

They don’t have anywhere to go and don’t know what’s happening, smallfolk don’t have televisions and don’t even know if she’s coming or not, they only know what the throne tells them.

There would still be a messy aftermath with people confused and divided about who should sit on the throne, some lords starting to scheme against her, a part of the smallfolk maybe rebellious etc. The whole purpose of the Meereen storyline was to show that it's easy to conquer but fucking hard to rule, especially when the people don't like you. And Dany has always been kinda shit at ruling on her own, her go to tactic has been "dracarys lol". Now she doesn't have competent advisors.

You also have to think about how dark and fragile her mental state was at that point. And if she hasn't eaten in a few days, blood sugar also.

Whoever wins that omaze contest is in for a doozy. Imagine watching the final episode with Emilia and your friends and getting to the scene where she gets killed by Jon and reaches for the throne before dying.

MAD QUEEN

I think the point hes making is that its proof Daenerys cares for the common plebs at list a bit more than most characters

GRRM using the modern opinion of slavery as a shield for the awful shit she does was actually pretty clever.
Even having a former slave beg to go back into slavery, the reader is still blinded by the modern view of slavery and accepts any punishment, no matter how twisted and perverse to those who carry it out. In universe, it's seen as a huge overeaction.

>but she won!
But she didn't get her vengeance. You can see it in her face as she sits there listening to the bells ring.
She has this look of "no I'm going to be robbed of my vengeance against those who caused all that I've lost. Then she says" fuck this" and begins roasting everyone she feels stood against her and caused this.
Dany has been on a winning streak for years, she has an expectation of victory, and until this season she hasn't had to lose much. Suddenly, when her dreams and ambition begin to cost her something, she loses it.
Like a spoiled little sheltered kid who is never faced with losing at a game, she loses it and goes on a tantrum.
It absolutely makes sense for her character to do this.
This is the moment where you realize that she isn't a badass "yass queen slay" character, but is just as bad as Cersei when she finally falls off her winning streak.

Davos is literally the most decent man alive in Westeros. He’s not good or evil, he’s just inherently decent. It’s because he grew up poor as fuck and comes from smallfolk, he suffered with no claim and was never told he deserved a throne or even a House. There is no one person more decent in the world than a man like Davos and they are literally always in short supply. He really is one of the only true heroes of the story, and only becaus his desires begin and end at fucking his fat wife and driving boats around.

Honestly I thought this was super fucked up and stupid all the way back then, though I guess now makes 'more sense' if Dany was always supposed to be insane.

Like sure, that dude was no good. Starve him, sure... it was personal.
The chick was just fucking doing what she thought was best for her. There is no way she needed to starve to death by Dany's hand.
Dany's been a fucking nutter all this time

Based

Attached: 1531966427768.jpg (500x500, 38K)

This. Saw this shit coming a mile away. My friends were so shocked. I was just waiting for it to happen.

The difference is that all previous moments were presented as good, powerful triumphs, so the normies felt good about them.
This one is presented and bad and evil, so the normies know what to feel and think when watching it.

I wanted to see Jamie drive a a sword right through the bitches heart

They respawn

None of that is torture, burn and kill civilians bad. Danny ALWAYS enjoyed burning people alive, it just so happened people up to this point had dubious moral character or had wronged her.

What government deems capital punishment by burning as agreeable and not a shithole or tyranny?

Grasping at straws for a Showfu.

>normies
>innocent

They were literally NPCs too cowardly to make up their own political views so they support whoever's strongest and most popular. First Targaryens, then Baratheons, then Cersei, then probably Daenerys again if she had let them live. She saw them as worthless bottom feeders and decided to end their misery.

Attached: YS2a7.jpg (346x400, 53K)

>Even having a former slave beg to go back into slavery, the reader is still blinded by the modern view of slavery and accepts any punishment
What? No. In the book its made evident Dany is incompetent in this scene while its glossed over in the show.

>Yeah, but the slave masters deserved it

And the Dothraki are what, boy scouts? Their entire civilisation is based on enslavement.

The "Masters" basically encompassed every noble house in the city, slavers and non-slavers alike. Her order was to literally select 163 nobles at random at crucify them in the city streets.

In the books they were nailing up 'Masters' as young as fourteen.

(((evil merchants)))

>None of that is torture, burn and kill civilians bad
But Daenerys didnt do any of that to innocents right before now. Just because people dont lap up shitty writing doesnt mean they like a character

This is why this series is "unadaptable" from the books. The music tries to tell you how to feel instead of "this happens, it's up to you to decide how to feel about it."

People would fear her anyway just because of how easy she took the city and her dragon, she's got that shit on lock. Burning innocents just makes people hate her. If she'd solely stuck to the soldiers, battlements and fleet as she had before the bells, she could at least trust the peasants and have servants and shit in the castle and have an intact Red Keep. They'll all hate her now.

And sure it's hard to rule, it's harder to rule when everyone hates you cause you've never done anything but bad shit to them. She has the love of the slaves but the hate of the nobles and needed both, now she has nothing but hate on both sides in King's Landing. The battle was practically bloodless considering civilian casualties until she just went mad out of fucking nowhere.

And a marriage is still perfect to deal with any division on who should sit the throne and any enmity between sides. We've seen it before with Aegon III, you had Maegor making one of Aenys' kids his heir, Dorne with both the Targaryens and with Nymeria marrying Mors. It makes literally no sense that Dany, who said the best way to make alliances is marriage, forgets about marriage when she falls for someone who's side hates her, she could've doubled down on it after giving him a dragon and learning he's Targaryen. Last male heir hooking up with the last female heir, perfect.

>idk guys she seems pretty based to me, she should do it again

Attached: 3AB5AA54-0891-4702-B5D8-5F6D700545AD.jpg (400x520, 14K)

do you sit and really think why a dog shits here and not there? if you do you're wasting time on that too.

it's shit writing and if you can't accept that maybe just don't watch.

the common people were just a tool for her

Burning people alive, regardless of crime, isn't something stable or just people do. It's purposefully painful and pyro wish fulfillment.

The overwhelming majority of people don't give a flying fuck who runs things as long as there's food on the table, a roof over their heads, and they aren't constantly being raped and pillaged.

The entire nation of Westeros view Dany as an invader leading a foreign horde of eunuchs and savages who's going to kill them all... and they were right. Her men butchered unarmed surrendering soldiers, raped and murdered women and children, and she burned a city of nearly a million people to the ash.

This. The use of freeing the slaves is a great red herring. That's the right way to handle subversion of expectations.
>D&D's sUbVeRsIoN oF eXpEcTaTiOnS = DEUS EX ARYA TELEPORTS BEHIND YOUUUU!!!
>GRRM's subversion of expectations = these two women are very similar in nature and behavior, but one is the mother of dragons and breaker of chains and the other is a rich girl who engages in incest with her brother, and hates the midget you've grown to love.

Our modern view on slavery blinds people to the reality that she isnt much better than Cersei.
It's also why I think GRRM ended up making Cersei a pov character in the books. To better help show that her motivations and Dany's motivations aren't very different.

She doesn't trust Jon. Thats the killing blow. Marrying him would just make it even easier for him to take her out and rob the throne for himself

Oh I’m not saying DABID didn’t fuck up getting there. Just like with Stannis they sperged their way from point A to point Z in her development.

But also like with Stannis the foundation, early development, and thematic elements are all there and serves as a perfect completion of the premise of her character. D&D are hacks, but in the books (or in Gurm’s outline of them since they’re never coming out) Stannis WILL pay the ultimate Faustian price for power by burning Shireen and Dany WILL tragically succumb to her crueler, blood thirsty, mad nature that she futilely tries to contain with good intentions, altruism, and compassion.

Gonna be honest, I just marathoned Season 7 and 8 in the last week and man, the Dany twist was the best part of this shitshow in the past 3 years. I loved watching Jon helpless, watching his men turn into rapists and murderers, his gf go crazy and his soul be crushed. I kind of wish Arya has died just to really rub his fuck up in his face.

Tarly's were innocent, soldiers defending their land from a horde of rapist invaders were innocent

>twist

Attached: 1550417169047.jpg (433x427, 86K)

It was really easy to cheer Dany on when all of her adversaries were the most contemptible and irredeemable people. It was really easy to watch her solve her problems by setting everyone on fire when she was surrounded by people who deserved it. And in that way, very easy to miss that your Khaleesi doesn’t actually know how to lead when there’s any moral ambiguity or a situation that calls for anything less than wholesale slaughter. Let’s face it. She freed the slaves not because slaves deserve to be free, but because winning the loyalty of the slave population puts a very large army inside the gates she’s trying to storm. And the slaves, well the slaves jump at the chance because chains are shit and they die raped and beaten to death most of the time anyway.

But this is King’s Landing, and the people aren’t slaves. The people have very little, but they do have their freedom. They have something to lose. And they’re tired of conquerors and politics getting their people killed. And when they didn’t welcome yet another conqueror, she made them pay with their lives.

tbqh this episode is a legit warning to white feminists (the primary Dany self insert) to realize that they are so used to crusading against rapists and abusers that they are in danger of overplaying their plight, and in doing so alienating would-be allies and trampling those they are trying to make see their point

Dany is a feminist achievement of a character. She's complex and nuanced, and her descent to madness give us the most tragic female character in literature. Feminist complain because they all want female characters to be portrait as inhumane, as in, not flawed, perfect in everything and winning at all aspects of life. Why can't women characters have complexity? Nobody points the finger at Joffrey, Ramsay, Twyinn, Tyrion, and etc.
We have strong female characters that are more positive like Asha, Sansa, Cat and Mel (wants to stop the others, despite her actions).
Women can be cowards, weak, stupid and selfish, just like men.

>You're not you when you're hungry

do americans truly believe this?

Attached: 1538137421144.png (880x768, 704K)

>twist
>foreshadowed in both the book and the show for fucking years

Attached: 3.png (142x254, 56K)

Dragon fire is an instantaneous death given how hot it is though. It can turn rock into magma on the spot, pretty sure you dont live for long.

It's not a twist... Dany's entire character arc over the show has been her constantly swinging between justice and injustice, naive mercy and brutal massacres as she continuously fails to realize she has no fucking idea what she's doing and is not suited to rule, but nevertheless presses onward because MUH CHILD OF DESTINY

>The overwhelming majority of people don't give a flying fuck who runs things as long as there's food on the table, a roof over their heads, and they aren't constantly being raped and pillaged.

Literally mindless NPC drones. Their deaths are literally irrelevant and will be a footnote in history. Meanwhile now Dany has blank slate and can shape the new world as she sees fit and everyone is paralysed in fear of her.

>Nah brah. Getting a flamethrower to the face isn't painful, it's like jumping in lava. You're overreacting brah.

Attached: untitled-320.gif (500x260, 2.99M)

Attached: 1557113612876.gif (500x260, 2.98M)

>liberates POC
>destroys white civilizations
>has a chance to choose between mercy or destruction
>chooses destruction
what did they mean by this?

>it's okay to burn normies alive, they're not really people anyways
literal sociopathy

Based good memory posters

Cringe short attention span posters

Dany's incompetence in the books is definitely glossed over in the show.
Same with Cersei and her utter incompetence in the books being glossed over in the show.

Tarlys were innocent. The witch in season 1 was innocent. The father of her Meereenese husband was innocent, and she put him into a cross.

Again dragon fire is several magnitude hotter than a flamethrower

I wouldn't say its glossed over, she spends the better part of three seasons displaying her complete fucking incompetence in Meereen. But her stupidity is not as actively called out or drawn attention to in the show as in the books.

>I'm just saying that it makes sense from a point of view where your victory feels hollow, where vengeance is about to be stolen from you.
But Dany knew that Cersei didn't care about the peasants of kings landing. She would have had more fun torturing her.

Attached: peepee.png (612x491, 106K)

>climate change
>leftists dont want nuclear. The safest and least polluting form of it
Fuck off retard

It’s actually baffling to me that fucking capeshit gets this correct. Just because someone is bad or evil that doesn’t justify you being a sadistic or murderous cunt.

We see people burned and crying in this very episode.

>leftists are hypocritical
>more news at 8

>implying slavers werent the good guys
Slaves wouldnt be on welfare now if they still had their jobs

wtf?

Good goy

Imagine if she had crucified them in the dapping position he he

>The bitch is the most entitled, arrogant, lucky, unmerciful, and self righteous character in the entire series.
The amount of times she's introduced herself with those fucking million titles should be evident enough of her shitty personality. It's ridiculous how people don't see that from the get go. Well, I know exactly why they don't, but it's still quite something to fathom. Headcanon really triumphs over logic, doesn't it?

It's what I want right now desu

women don't care about nuance, they only deal in absolutes, its why their reasoning always amounts to "I'll take away my pussy if you don't give me x y or z".

To be fair its hard to be a reasonable person when the gender has been coddled by civilization and treated like children for the entirety of history, but in the past people simply didn't listen to them, nowadays its gotten bad because people actually think women have anything of value to say / contribute.

Attached: surprisedpika.png (500x705, 204K)

>The witch in season 1 was innocent.

She killed Khal Drogo you moron.

Attached: the morning after.jpg (590x350, 31K)

Besides she's 15 in the books and she's like twice as old in the show. Even if her bad decisions weren't called out for being what they were, burning people for no reason than "fear" isn't a rational decision, it's plain crazy, which is something totally different

Everyone likes to indulge in their revenge fantasies, capeshit has to make heroes beyond human to skirt it

but but Mysa mysa! youtube.com/watch?v=OG55MPQjhwo

No, Dany killed him with a pillow. She gave him something to treat his wound and he didn't use it, then her ritual was ruined by Dany and Jorah. She was innocent.

The reason is because she's had a really shitty time ever since she lost her first dragon. The north never accepted her, she lost half her army and her oldest friend for them and they still didn't accept her. Then she lost her second dragon along with her second oldest friend. It was pretty much her own fault because she rushed in butt in her eyes its because her advisors forced her to try to be as peacefully as possible.Also the only other person she has loved turns out to be her nephew has as much claim to the throne arguably a better claim (being the rightfully ruler was one of her core motivations) and on top of that is not into incest (like who's not into incest??). she has also done many borderline morally grey things.Her family has history with mental illness and all that shyt triggered it.

See what happens when womyn rulers?

>be brainwashed by your brother from an early age that you have a birthrite on the Iron Throne
>eventually get sold as a wife, get raped (Rape breaks people, but today's culture says it makes you stronger?)
>let your rapist pour molten metal onto your brother's head and feel not an ounce of empathy
>kill those who betray/wrong her via the cruelest methods available (burning, feeding to dragons, crucifixion, etc), when a quick, humane decapitation was an option the entire time.
>gravitate towards the violent outburst option at almost every opportunity, need advisors to calm her down and suggest better options
>have three weapons of mass destruction that obey their mother without question
>have an army of eunuchs that obey their ruler without question
>have an army of pillagers and rapists on horseback that follow nothing but strength (I.E. shows of barbarism)
>has no grasp on how an economy works or how social issues are solved
>come to Westeros and REEE that people aren't falling to her feet, her insane father's reputation is still fresh in her heads
>intimidate the Westeros with her dragons, don't provide any material to suggest she is different from her father
>MUH BIRTHRITE is the only criteria she has to be Queen, and when that is questioned by Jon's claim: she locks herself in her room like an emotionally challenged teenager
>all her advisors and friends die, leaving her distraught and without people she can trust

I'd like for a Danyfag to explain what qualifies her as a ruler other than MUH BIRTHRITE and dragons. Pic related, it's all of you who "didn't see this coming".

Attached: surprisedpikachu.png (1354x784, 697K)

I'm catching up with season 7. Why does the dragon cunt keep saying she's the rigthful monarch? If I'm not mistaken Aegon conquered the Seven Kingdoms, and Bobby B took the throne by right of conquest too... And btw didn't Rhaegar's first son survived too?

>all these niggas who didn't even watch the show dabbing on the losers who keep pulling theories outta their asses and cry about character development
based

Attached: siljika.jpg (960x516, 50K)

She wanted revenge for her father and for Milasande and the surrender would of stolen that from her.

It wasn’t the bells that made her mad, she didn’t just “snap”. She was predetermined to instill fear and get her vengeance so it was more she just refused to accept a surrender.

>MUH BIRTHRITE is the only criteria she has to be Queen
It's the only criteria one has to be a king

you mean she killed the rapist cruel warlord?

>SHE ONLY DID IT TO PEOPLE THAT DESERVED IT BECAUSE I THINK THEY DESERVED IT

Attached: brain damaged.jpg (239x250, 7K)

>it's okay to burn normies alive, they're not really people anyways

Correct.

dany is just another dictator, they always claim retarded things

the only right to the throne is the right of conquest; Aegon conquered the Seven Kingdoms, and so did Robert.

Only rubes believe that. That doesn't work in real life and it doesn't work in GoT

She can afford to make them now that she doesn't have to pay upkeep costs on two dragons.

silica isnt bad for you retard, it just causes dehydration

kek
Tyrion was still thirsty for revenge it seemed.

Did anyone else hear someone shouting "ring the fucking bell"? Was that person the one responsible for thousands of deaths. I'd say so.

>fuck slavery
>all you people who had slaves get to be crucified
>also all you ex slaves work for me now
>no I'm not going to pay you
>and no you can't leave
>bring me something to drink and set out my outfit for tomorrow

It was about installing fear. If they dont love you make them fear you

>don't forget Howland Reed is still alive
but I'm quite sure D&D did.

> She gave him something to treat his wound and he didn't use it

The witch gave him poison to infect the wound. That's why he fell off his horse. That's why Dany needed to use black magic. It's why her husband died. It's why a fight broke out and she went into labor and her baby died.

>Headcanon triumphs
Indeed it does.
There seem to be two types of critical viewers/readers.
Those who criticize based on their disappointment in the writing, themes, etc.
And those who criticize based on their own beliefs about how the story should be told.
My issue with the series has always been, and remains, that D&D are terrible writers, and that the show has become shit ever since they left the books behind and HBO began to tighten the budget's purse strings.
This episode was a genuinely decent return to form though, and despite the glaring issues in pacing and lead up to her madness, it felt "right".

This isnt out of nowhere it was just somewhat unexpected. She before did what she did as a sort of necessary evil to free people but more importantly have more support for her cause.

But now she just went full retard and started killing because some dyke advisor she had got her head cut off.

pretty sure this is bait but killing hundreds (possibly thousands) of people for a generations old culture and economy they were born into was wrong no matter how imorral what they were doing was.

It would be like if a horde of vegans started slaughtering all meat eaters

Attached: loansAC.jpg (690x778, 91K)

He fell because he was suffering an infection.

But what about all those Sandpeople? What about there women and children that she slaughtered like animals?

>she just threw away any possible support from fucking everyone.

She doesn't want their support, and they would never support her anyway, especially now that the Jon Snow cat is out of the bag.

She wanted the throne and people's obedience, and her only way for her to secure those was through fear.

Hmm. And I'll bet you see whites as the most guilty race of all,
>
>
>
>
>

while at the same time ignoring the fact that slavery is still practiced widespread in Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.

Member the time she watched her brother she grew up with getting horribly murdered with molten gold poured in his throat and didn't stop it or cared at all? I member

Was Daario her hallucination?

>HBO began to tighten the budget's purse strings
D&D refused any budget increases for the last two seasons.
HBO was offering them an increased budget.
D&D are just complete garbage and bored with making the show so they don't give a shit anymore and want to end it as fast as possible.
>This episode was a genuinely decent return to form though
>shitty dialogue
>reversing of 7 seasons of character development
>characters just appearing out of nowhere at the most opportune moments
Also Euron is apparently the best swimmer in all of fiction.

I feel like the only person I know of IRL who hated her (in the show) since pretty early on. Couldn't stand the bitch, and I always hoped she would go nuts or just be killed. Now I think I get both.

Yes. Because he accepted the witch's poisoned wound treatment.

Do you guys know how to watch film and read books? Like, do you bother to pay any attention at all to figure out what's going on? Or do you just do it to say you did without actually understanding or caring about what's happening?

They weren’t some Deus-Ex-Machina

The only reason they killed one of the dragons wasn’t because the scorpions were all-powerful.

It’s because they ambushed and surprised her. After she realized what they were and how they worked she was totally able to start dodging them almost immediately.

Without the element of surprise
Dragon > Scorpions

I thought the fact that one dragon destroyed all of that without a single scratch was so fucking stupid. Not to mention that their breath is now a missile causing explosions when before it was the equivalent of a large flame thrower.

Nah it's Bronn. He swam to shore with a fully armored Jaime Lannister in tow. Which also made no sense.

Dany is not a tatical genius. She didn't kill hundreds of thousands and burn down the very city she wished to rule so she could build it back up in stability. She did it cause
A) She likes burning people.
B) She's got targaryen madness (as blatantly stated this very episode).
And C) Wanted to sit in the uncomfortable chair.

>says over and over again he doesn't want it
>bends the knee even after you already agree to help the North
>already in love with him
>he's a terrible ruler anyway, see Watch and North and his own family turning on him
>could just smooth this shit out after your marriage
There is no reason not to just go through with it

i think they said wearing the contacts would have affected her performance

Attached: datalaugh.gif (365x274, 3.8M)

Danny kinda...forgot about her sanity.

>dragon obviously using alt-fire

Attached: Specopsthe throne.png (1024x596, 850K)

All of the death and murder in her past has been in service of 'the greater good'. She crucified the slavers to end slavery.

Here she just kills thousands of people after she's already won the battle for absolutely no reason.

>D&D make Dany's House of the Undying vision real with her burning the Red Keep
>will promptly ignore that she's supposed to now go North beyond the Wall and find Drogo and Rhaego
Calling it

Attached: HACKS.jpg (1280x720, 460K)

This. tbqh I've just never liked her either. Her arch in Season 1 and 2 were the worst. She only won me over in Season 3 by being a badass, I still didn't want her to win tho. I've always routed for Jon, Tyrion and Arya but the former began to piss me off just by being around Dany. I'm kind of excited for the finale now. The show feels like B movie atm but it's still compelling.

She never said she wanted to build it up for stability, but she did want the throne, and also plant-and-payoffed a speech about how all she had was fear on her side.

Yes. Burning and torturing people for crime is the greater good.

>Mad incestuous female incel burns down a city
Not even surprised.

#ITWASHERTURN

When the crime is slavery or serving a tyrant then yes it is. Name one previous example where she murdered an innocent person for absolutely no reason.

Now she murders thousands.

Remember when she locked a dude in a safe to die because he lied about being rich? Remember when she sacked four different cities, killed all the leadership, and then just left for the next one? Remember when she let her dragons fly free range and didn't give a shit that they were out burning cattle and eating children? Remember when she exiled her most loyal advisor and bodyguard because he lied to her about some shit years ago? Remember when she married a noble and gave zero fucks when he got stabbed? Remember when she left Daario in charge of Essos because she didn't give a shit about all her conquered lands and just wanted to leave for Westeros? Remember when she burned all the Khals alive and demanded the rest of the Dothraki to follow her or they'll burn too? Remember when she killed the Tarleys?

>She crucified the slavers to end slavery.

Partly. But there are other ways to end slavery. The 13 amendment didn't mandate crucifying slave owners.

This. People keep pointing to Dany’s past cruelty, but it was cruelty with more of a purpose, even if that purpose was just revenge. The purpose isn’t in service of a character’s motivations here, it’s just to set up Daenerys as the villain by showing her murder peasants.

>It’s because they ambushed and surprised her
>have tactical advantage of SEEING REALLY FUCKING FAR AWAY FROM THE BACK OF A FUCKING DRAGON
>get surprised by Euron's fleet magically teleporting to the area
Honestly anyone defending this show anymore is a fucking idiot and a retard and should have their internet taken away forever.
Jesus fucking Christ this show is garbage.

>burning and torturing people who torture and kill innocent slaves in a medieval era is crazy and psychopathic
>and totally means you'd burn and torture innocent people yourself
>even though you've gone out of your way to not do just that multiple times before
>and it serves no purpose
LMAO

>D&D refused budget increases
Then they really are worse than I imagined.
>examples of episode being bad.
Sure, I don't disagree, I'm just saying, in comparison to what we've got from the previous 4 episodes and the previous 2 seasons, this was a decent example of a return to form for the series, and it's because it's clear this is GRRM's ending for the Dany arc.
I don't give a fuck about Jack Sparrow, I don't give a fuck about the stupid sympathetic "man and her kid helping Arya", that shit is trash and I agree that it sucks. In just saying, on the whole, it did the Dany character arc, it killed Cersei right, and it killed Sandor right.
It showed the horrors of war, it showed the absolute depravity of humans and the levels their violence can sink to. And most importantly, it shows how power and a desire for power can drive people who pursue it mad, and that it can cost you everything.
So yes, I stand by my best episode of the last few seasons statement. But "best of the last few seasons" isn't a very high bar to reach. I'm give it a passing grade of 6.9/10.

She's an evil cunt to whoever won't let her have her way. It's only finally now that the victims happen to be innocents.

All of this is Jon’s fault. Sansa told him this would happen and he was too much of a coward to make the right decision

>Yaaas queeeen slaaaaaay
>OH GOD WHY IS THE QUEEN SLAYING EVERYONE NO NO NO STOP STOP FUCKING STOP

Attached: BD344C71-56B2-497D-AF44-144A790565FF.jpg (617x662, 27K)

>Or do you just do it to say you did without actually understanding or caring about what's happening?
That’s how 90% of “people” consume media. NPCs need a constant stream of audio/visual white noise to fill the gaping void inside their thoughtless heads.

>D&D make both Cersei and Sansa seem reasonable, smart and competent
Truly this is the worst timeline

No its really not. She has burned people, crucified people, etc.
He story is full of power hungry, megalomaniac behavior. You just failed to see it before, because "muh slavery".

>it's because it's clear this is GRRM's ending for the Dany arc
It clearly is not because Young Griff isn't in the show, and GRRM has had no involvement in this season.

that means death, dummy

You're fucking delusional. Every terrible act commited by every Terrible character can be justified by "if not me, then who?" in the pursuit to stay in charge.

The meme of "you either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villian" couldn't be more true for psychos who believe tic for tacs, and the ends justifing the ever on horizon means.

>Burning and torturing people for crime is the greater good.
That’s literally the way much of the pre-modern world has worked, yes. You make an example of people that do wrong, to scare others off from it. Daenerys just made an example of people who surrendered to her. It basically sends the message of “It doesn’t matter if you surrender, the Mad Queen will burn you”. It’s dumb, and fundamentally different from her previous brutality people are claiming is foreshadowing.

>tic for tacs

I feel like the hysterical reaction to Dany going bad is just initial shock. Anyone who reflects on it and considers the stuff you just wrote ought to be thinking, "Hmm, maybe the show is calling me out for rooting for a murderous dragon queen all these years."

Hate to say it, but I think we might have reddit interlopers.

>The purpose isn’t in service of a character’s motivations here,

It's to keep the throne through fear, since, as she rightly stated, that's the only way she can do it.

Not great, not terrible. She was delusional.

>the woman who was raped, had her friends and family killed, and lost everything isn’t innocent because she killed the man who would do it countless more times to other innocent people.

Yeah she’s a real scumbag who deserved to be burned alive.

What does the Wall have to do with her death now that she already went beyond the wall once though. And goes back to the guy she says raped and defiled her? George and D&D are gonna get shat on by EVERYONE

And whatever happened to Mirri's thing about the mountains, the sun, giving birth to a living kid and shit?

>No its really not. She has burned people, crucified people, etc.
Yes. The cruelty with a purpose I was referring to. Even if that purpose was revenge. Your concept of character motivations is as low IQ as D&D’s if you say “She kill people before, she kill people now. Same”

Psycho. Wait until the boot is on the other foot.

What the fuck does it matter in this series anyways? Nobody revolts without some noble at the head, the population of Westeros is just some side character with no personality that gets beaten up by the big bois running the houses. When has any character given a shit about the population liking them? Their brutality is either in service of the law, neutralizing members of enemy houses and their agents, or sadism. Like what is the population of King’s Landing going to do, run up to the red keep and kill her dragon one day because they don’t like her face?

And as for Jon’s claims to the throne or whatever, he is unerringly loyal and lawful. Tyrion is loyal. Everyone around her is absurdly loyal to her stupid shit except Varys in the last episode, whose execution was dispassionately observed by the guy he was trying to get to betray Dany.

It’s just goofy shit, there is no strong push for her to go nuts. There should have been a better reason.

user, you're preaching to the choir here

>it did the Dany character arc
Yeah with terrible execution. It's like the fat fuck told them the plot point but they had no ideia how to get there

Doreah killed Irri and betrayed her and Xaro had all her guards and people killed and stole her dragons though

wym

>It's to keep the throne through fear, since, as she rightly stated, that's the only way she can do it.
How do you keep a throne through fear, if you make it clear that surrendering doesn’t protect you? It makes it imperative for people to remove you as quickly as possible.

>
>>tic for tacs

Beat me to it. But to reiterate...

> tic for tacs

>Ending
So maybe it's a Blackfire on the throne, and her madness is stoked by that situation, rather than Jon Snow being the rightful heir. Or maybe it's both Griff and Snow, or maybe it's Cersei. We don't knke the exact path GRRM will take to get her to this point in the books, but it's clear this is very much within her character.
It's clear she is a spoiled cunt with an extremely egotistical view of herself in the books.
It's clear that burning KL isnt beneath her to do.
Unless you imagine her father and her brother being mad isn't enough foreshadowing.
Unless you imagine all the endless talk about how she needs to be careful to not become a mad Targaryan like her father and her brother isn't enough foreshadowing.
Unless you don't see all of her rampant destruction across Essos as enough foreshadowing.

Replied to one of the wrong posts, whoops. But,
>unironic appeals to dany as a feminist success

>"Hmm, maybe the show is calling me out for rooting for a murderous dragon queen all these years."

"Maybe I shouldn't have named my daughter Khaleesi."

Based Stannis poster.

Mad king killed at best a hundred innocent and a dozen or so nobles, meanwhile danny literally started her rule by genocide with fantasy napalm

It's a doggy dog world

She's the only one who previously gave a shit about the commoners and peasants that the Lords play games with and fuck over in their quest for power or in holding power. She's listened to the petitions of her people, high and low and granted them, curbed her behavior and the behavior of her dragons to accommodate and tried to marry and follow their cultures to create peace and used to follow advice. Which is more than literally every ruler and "hero" on this show. Jon's never listened to his advisors, never listened to petitions, cared about people being alive but not the quality of life, and has never really ruled anything. Same with Sansa, even worse with Cersei

If the risk that comes with trying to “remove” you is greater than the possibility of them winning then people tend to fall in line.

Attached: 50FA7492-3093-4F38-BA43-2B5D43755DA1.jpg (220x329, 29K)

Remember when Ned Stark lopped off a dudes head for not wanting to suffer a horrific death at the hands of the undead? Remember medieval times?

Agreed. Absolutely. It was a terrible progression, just saying, it makes sense that she did this, and everything was very GRRM in theme, rather than D&D's "sUbVeRsIoN oF eXpEcTaTiOnS" tier of writing.
I'm just saying it felt less like fanfiction for once, and that's the "return to form" I'm talking about.

Yeah, it's kind of funny. Lots and lots of people were rooting for her to burn King's Landing to the ground; now they're mad that the episode focused a lot on how burning a city to the ground results in mass deaths and suffering, and pointing out that, you know, it's bad.

Not really. Tywin Lannister explained this a long time ago. You give your enemies fire and blood when they challenge you, but when they bend the knee, you raise them to their feet, or else nobody will bend the knee. This from a man who really did rule through fear, and knew how to do so. This is just comic book villainy.

You guys understand the concept of Bloodcrimes?

The Targaryens conquered the 7 kingdoms by burning and killing people into fealty, in which King Robert then decided he had enough of the mad kings shit(along with wanting pussy) and attempted to genocide their entire lineage. In return Dany saw fit to kill any house that had previously supported him and chose not to support her, repeating the cycle.

The slaves were most likely the lineages of criminals sold into slavery for crimes committed. The master's then rule before the vast majority of them are slaughtered or forced into hiding, becoming criminals themselves. Those generations of the master's who survive will live in the under belly of society being trampled underneath the "liberated" peoples feet till they stage their own counter revolution long into history where people forget why they're even there in the first place.

THAT, is the nature of history, and what you two retards are advocating will just lead to more of the trash you're larping to care about(slavery, equality, whatever) to justify atrocities.

Seriously, redditors/tvfags, please go. Stannis is the only one who's actually shown genuine care for the smallfolk.

>This from a man who really did rule through fear, and knew how to do so. This is just comic book villainy.

Tywin knew wisdom makes a good king, but Cersei beat wisdom every time, except when checked by force.

>but Cersei beat wisdom every time
Because the show is written by hacks.

>Dany saw fit to kill any house that had previously supported him and chose not to support her
Stormlands are intact, North and Vale even though Sansa is against her and conspiring, Westerlands only lost Casterly Rock which was just Tyrion's plan anyway. What the fuck are you talking about?

>slaves were most likely the lineages of criminals sold into slavery for crimes committed
Dothraki literally conquer people and sell them into slavery retard. That's where the slaves come from

Deserting has always been one of the biggest crimes one can commit. Even in modern day warfare. Otherwise people would just escape whenever things got hard.

It isn't telegraphed and foreshadowed.
If you seriously think anything so far has foreshadowed her turning on a dime and raining fire upon people who never even considered picking up arms against her, people who were being literally used as an unwitting meat shield to protect the one person she was after, you're retarded.

If, after conquering the city, she started executing every single person who opposed her that would have been fitting and foreshadowed. Every cruel or unmerciful act so far had been on the level of every other ruler in the show. Her burning down the red keep the moment her victory has been sanctioned is just pointless insanity. If she had stripped naked and started dancing in the middle of the streets it would have been just as insane, except you wouldn't defend that because it would be too obviously unfitting.

>who's actually shown genuine care for the smallfolk.
By trying to sack the city in a way that results in the rape and murder of more people than Dany's would've has she not been triggered by bells