Why do sociopaths always fuck with people for funsies in movies when their lack of empathy should prevent them from...

Why do sociopaths always fuck with people for funsies in movies when their lack of empathy should prevent them from even feeling the victims terror?

Attached: The_Joker_at_Romics_2014_(Portrait_2).jpg (220x284, 14K)

They get off on power. They’re not doing it to experience their victims’ fear; they’re doing it as a means of asserting dominance.

Research more on psychopathy and then return

How do they get sociological powerlevels and assert them if they can't empathise with people?
To understand others emotions and how to influence them requires empathy

>To understand others emotions and how to influence them requires empathy

because movies are never right about anything, but just projections of creators. People in hollywood are just narcissistic psychopaths and pedophiles. Hence when creating victim character they try do self-insert and thus develop interpersonal relationship between sociopath and victim that doesn't exist in real instances.

Thanks
My guess was either shit writing or the concept of sociopathy doesn't make sense

Incorrect. Sociopaths aren’t emotionless automatons. They have an emotional life. They just lack empathy, meaning that they place precisely zero importance on the inner life of others. In a simpler time, we had a far more ho est label for what they are.

We called them evil.

Yeah but if you don't know how others work you can't really play them and manipulate them like they show in movies
Emotional manipulation requires empathy, just not a positive form of it

Even devoid of empathy, you can still imagine how *you* would feel in a given situation. High-functioning sociopaths can easily do that, but other people aren’t “real” to them. To them, they’re more like NPCs that they’ve devoted some time to understanding how to “hack” and exploit. They have no more value to them than what they offer the sociopath. If entertainment is all they have to give, they’ll take that, too.

'Sociopaths' don't really exist. People know what they're doing, and if it's wrong and hurftul. It's just that some people CHOOSE to be evil. That's why it's evil. It's not some innate thing you can't help.

You don't understand sociopathy or psychopathy. They experience and understand emotions. They have emotive responses. Empathy isn't a hard emotion to grasp; they can project how they feel towards themselves, although many aren't completely devoid of empathy, rather, they have a dulled or blunted form of it, or an "on/off" switch.

"Empathy" is a bullshit term that conflates two entirely different concepts in a way motivated entirely by wishful thinking. We want to believe the ability to percieve others' emotions is equivalent to the ability to actually feel with them. But if that was the case all sociopaths would be autists and all autists would be sociopaths.

Projecting ones own feelings on the world is exactly what empathy drives. Because you can only grasp feelings to your own limited perspective. And even that is limited (which makes multitool manipulation in those movies quite unrealistic)
I think sociopaths are evil by choice, they aren't sick, they just built a cuntish worldview

Maybe the term sociopath is pretty much meaningless and just a made up term to describe people that cannot and refuse to fit the moral green zone of society
The whole concept of it working like a switch just makes it too apparent. Sociopaths don't exist, but assholes do

Yeah, they're just evil cunts. I've known a good number of supposed 'sociopathic' types, and they definitely have an emotional life, and can understand that others feel. They're just greedy shits who chose to be selfish, maybe felt a bit rewarded by the experience, and probably got addicted to the dopamine rush of it or something, while becoming number to any considerations towards anyone else. It's a kind of self-conditioning made through very conscious attitude and choices, and choosing not to reflect on or change their ways.

they're bored because they're intelligent but can't feel anything. scheming against other people is the only thing that resembles fun to them.

Like, I've seen people who were reasonably nice and definitely had some kindness and compassion in them gradually become crueler and less empathetic over the years, due to entering into selfish situations and being rewarded for it, and regularly rationalizing things to themselves, until they stopped caring.

>too intelligent to feel
>values fun
>feels boredom
>sociopaths are always intelligent

Okay retard

I absolutely agree. They’re capable of empathy. They’re cognizant of right and wrong. They just don’t care. That’s not a “disorder” to me, it’s just evil.

>psychopaths and "sociopaths" don't feel empathy
end this shitty meme already

this is the dumbest fucking thing I've read all day. fucking kill yourself

Chaos is my middle name.

You are a fucking retard.

I just rewatched the Dark Knight and I'm surprised how convenient Joker's plans fell in place as well as how everybody turns incompentent when the writing decides. Good performance by Heath Ledger though.