Who's the better director?

Attached: mosaic335bb4f933ebbb2566b8b88ebf5081902043f1f4.jpg (615x310, 46K)

Fuck you. This is a GoT board.

Based chad Fincher and it's not even close.

Atleast Zack is honest

Fincher is a better actor’s director, but Snyder has afar, far better eye for visual storytelling.

And a hack
Filling your movies with symbolism isn't good visual storytelling. Finchers camera work and editing completely shits on Snyder.

Why would anyone consider Snyder a good visual storyteller is beyond me.

Why not both.jpg

Only one can be better.

People who know that what he’s doing isn’t symbolism, for starters.

How is this even a question.

He makes "cool" looking shots that are basically videogame cutscenes that impress teens and dudebros.

Good example

If your imagery is telling you a different story than the narrative of the film, it’s not symbolism. It’s visual storytelling. Brainlets like you probably think the visuals are there to tell you that Superman is Jesus.

Believe that all you want, but it still doesn’t make it a good read of the film, and it damn sure doesn’t make you anything other than a retard.

Attached: EF2B3FDE-A25A-4575-9BBA-03635367C330.jpg (935x1536, 204K)

>If your imagery is telling you a different story than the narrative of the film, it’s not symbolism
Lmao no and I recognize that image. I can't believe you're still doing this and spamming this image. M

Jesus how can one moron be this obsessed with one capeshit for this long.

I can’t believe you’re still trying to assert that the imagery is telling you he’s Jesus, but hey, retardation is a congenital condition.

Care for an example of shit-Tier usage of symbolism? Here it is. The “martyr” wears a halo through the entire film. Clever shit!

Attached: 9864D2F8-E421-488D-A3BD-38061D08C72A.jpg (414x768, 216K)

Zack Snyder cant into story telling, everything is visually important = nothing is, Fincher is a master with the camera and is always prioritizing the story.

Fincher has never made a movie as good as Watchmen

Zack Snyder films are filled with details and symbolisms which aren't exactly bad(though some are on the nose) but the way he films dialogue scenes are so fucking boring and uninspiring. The performances come of as stilted and artificial because of that. The man has no sense of good pacing or editing to boot.

ZODIAC will always be best, and i enjoyed watchmen (had the gotten rid of the owlman shit)

I know english is hard for people like you but I clearly don't see anything even remotely close to what you're suggesting in my comment.

But I know you desperately want BvS to be accepted as some great work of art, that's why you autistically post that exact same image trying to prove it to others.

How many films have you seen plebbitor?

Snyder. Fincher has like three good movies (Zodiac, TSN, Gone Girl)

This is my only criticism of him. He’s like the mirror image of Nolan. Instead of having characters monologue the meaning of things, he lets his visuals carry the lion’s share of that burden, but like Nolan, in so doing he can be neglectful of his actor’s performances as well as the pacing and editing of his work.

That said, I enjoy both their films.

Yes, please do critique my superior command of English. But if you’d be ever so kind, why don’t you take a moment and explain to poor little me what the imagery’s there to say.

“Nothing” is an acceptable answer, but that doesn’t exempt it from derision.

He probably liked that movie. Notice his dismissal

Honestly, I’m just sick of his crowing. Hate on someone all you want, just make sure you’re doing it for reasons you can justify. Insisting things are without meaning doesn’t make you look smart; it only makes you look butthurt for not being able to find any.

Maybe it's a personal preference but I really like Nolan's editing and pacing. I think one weak aspect with Nolan's editing would be that he isn't very mindful of spatial editing(I think some people would have seen the video that shows objects randomly disappearing in the Truck chase in tdk) but that's for the most part minor and not very noticeable.

The only Nolan films where I felt things dragged in some parts would be TDKR and interstellar. Other films are just a tour de force in momentum.

But he rectified almost all his weaknesses (the ones I notice anyway) in Dunkirk. Maybe Zack will do the same with the army of the dead as both directors seem to do their best work when the scales are brought down a bit.

I hope so, too.

>better director?

Snyder could not make Gadot stay in shape
So he does not have the power to make the actor do what he wants
He does not have the greatest talent a director has

Attached: 67u.jpg (1080x1350, 80K)

Zodiac>Se7en>Watchmen>Gone Girl>Fight Club>300>The Social Network>Dawn of the Dead>TGWTDT>Man of Steel>Justice League>Batman v Superman

>300 above the social network and TGWTDT

No and BvS was better than JL.