How did D&D get away with it??

How did D&D get away with it??

Attached: IMG_20190513_132304_777.jpg (612x546, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/dzf0x/status/1127896582295293952
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wtf? I love Dungeons & Dragons now!
twitter.com/dzf0x/status/1127896582295293952

>Crimes against humanity

Attached: serveimage.jpg (665x800, 157K)

Dany was already the second worst war criminal prior to this ep and with this ep she just dethroned ramsey i guess.

>war crimes

Attached: 5.jpg (1000x1230, 759K)

>Death squads
Why not write murder or looting?

That got me to thinking though: Did medieval rulers who executed their prisoners technically commit war crimes? Is it still a war crime before the existence of the geneva convention?

>posting and linking your own tweet to Yea Forums
wew

>death squads
THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE

No, it was just warfare. It was up to the winners what was and wasn't justified. It was a different time.

Attached: yehaw.jpg (888x91, 33K)

Death squads is straight up murder like you said, we didn't see looting by the Unsullied but the Dothrali certainly did like after the loot train battle with them taking Lannister gear.

BORN TO COMPETE

Can someone point me to Westeros' laws of war?

this is a modern concept that is completely out of place in a show where people swing swords and spears around

not to mention its a completely fictional universe

Of course, I'm not talking about them being held accountable for it at the time or anything. I'm just wondering whether saying, for example, "Louis XIV committed war crimes" would be a correct historical view or whether the very concept of a war crime isn't applicable prior to generally agreed-upon rules of war

>if it's not written into law people have no conception of right and wrong and downright goddamn atrocities
point me to the Ulaanbaatar convention Genghis broke

>ancient history
>war crimes

Attached: 156350078560.png (599x674, 607K)

so we agree then, sansa wasn't raped

if you don´t get at least a mild depression once during your time at university you dind´t studied right or stayed at your parents home.

Nevermind, I guess the definition says it wouldn't be correct Whoa where did you take those goalposts?

Genghis Khan did nothing wrong

of course they can recognize it as morally wrong that doesnt mean anyone committed a crime

I don't think we should hold historical people to modern standards

NEVER RETREAT

>strategic bombing of civilian population

what?
under that rule america would have a ton of warcrimes

lol no shit

>would

america has committed a fuckton of war crimes but the victor rarely gets any shit after its all done

>zero likes
>zero retweets
stop advertising your twitter here

Attached: 135176835114940.png (514x514, 7K)

no way

Attached: 1395446708008.png (181x201, 51K)

No we haven't. They're only crimes if we say they are.

the main factor that decides what constitutes a war crime is whether or not you can be prosecuted. nobody can prosecute americans so they cannot commit war crimes. someone that is defeated can be prosecuted, so they have always committed war crimes.

Even people during the 1400's had some standards. For example, the Germans portrayed Vlad the Impaler as some bloodthistry beast because he liked putting people on spikes. No mention of war crimes though, just being a tyrant/despot. The Russians and his own people loved him because he BTFO the Ottomans a number of times.

It's not like they actually cared about muh morals or whatever, it was just plain propaganda to act shocked at his impaling

>people
shitskin durka durkas

Attached: 1548403490833.jpg (644x800, 123K)

Oh shit you're right! Someone call the UN!

It's like most people don't really care the US is droning the fuck out the Pakistan and Afghanistan. They act shocked and appalled about it but you're not seeing any Vietnam-style demonstrations.

He also impaled his own nobles because they sold out his father and older brother years ago. Thieves and criminals also got the spike. There are stories about a fountain having a gold cup which you could use to drink and no one dared steal it because they knew what would happen to them if they did.

That was literally propaganda made by the guy who killed Vlad to justify it and so it wouldn't affect his bid for Holy Roman Emperor.

That analogy doesn't quite work, user. I wasn't talking about the general public pretending to be outraged (which also doesn't work in this case because liberals being outrage at drone strikes but not rioting doesn't mean they aren't outraged)
I was talking about governments condemning Vlad's actions. The correct analogy would be governments condemning the US just for propaganda even though they couldn't actually give one shit about Afghanistan. And don't get me wrong, that also happens. Just wanted to point out I mean propaganda, not virtue signalling

He didn't boil people alive as the Saxons wrote he did but the did impale a whole bunch of Ottoman prisoners and left them at his deserted capital as a present for their Sultan. Saxons also hated him because he interfered with their businesses. He was cruel but just.

>blowed the fuck out the
what

Wtf it’s true, all of it

The US does get called imperialist and the Great Satan by some countries. Others don't want to upset their ally.

you don't think they impaled people from anus to mouth?

>And don't get me wrong, that also happens

Fucking Germans couldn't get it right. You don't impale people sideways. It's ass to mouth as says.

Attached: spikes[1].jpg (900x477, 161K)

Yeah but the Ottomans would have done similar shit to them. And the German woodcarvings are undoubtedly propaganda because there are Russian woodcarvings that protray Vlad as a hero, he was after all the only non-Catholic to be named defender of the faith by the Pope. And the guy who most like commissioned the carvings imprisoned Vlad and stole a bunch of money the Pope had sent to Vlad to support the war and needed to justify it.

Long before the Ottoman thing he impaled Saxon prisoners
Dude loved impaling but it's not like he was any crueler than all the other rulers

Why is rape in the list when torturing already is?

>The Cantacuzino Chronicle was the first Romanian historical work to record a tale about Vlad the Impaler, narrating the impalement of the old boyars of Târgoviște for the murder of his brother, Dan.The chronicle added that Vlad forced the young boyars and their wives and children to build the Poienari Castle.
Alpha power move right there!

>tfw vlad senpai makes sure you keep your hat on so that you don't catch a cold

Attached: cute.jpg (1077x94, 18K)