Why did it fail both critically and commercially?

Its the night of the "big" detective pikachu premier, and there isnt even a detective pikachu thread on all of Yea Forums. Telling.

What went so very wrong?

Attached: DANK MEME 2019-05-10 um 16.24.03.png (510x500, 299K)

how could a movie that noone ask for possibly be flopping

Because of KAAANTOOO

I mean, its a subject matter thats contemporary and edgy, its hip with all the millennial on facebook and stars actors that noones ever heard of like, like Karan Soni, Ken Wantanabe and Ryoma... Takesoochee?? Not to mention Ryan Gosling, in CG!

I just got back from seeing it a bit ago. It exceeded expectations.

>there isnt even a detective pikachu thread on all of Yea Forums
There's a sticky on /vp/, though.

GAME OF THRONES

This. I have no desire to see a live action Pokemon or Sonic movie. Is Sony behind this shit? They're the only company tone deaf enough to pump out this garbage.

they blackwashed the main character

At least its not the typcal nigger male/white female.

It failed?

I thought it looked terrible. I guess people assumed Pokemon go would translate to movies but they maybe shouldn't have put a nigger in it

Same, although I had my expectations in check before seeing it. The plot wasn't anything special, but they did a really good job with the Pokemon designs and the jokes were pretty good too. Ryan Reynolds was the anchor of this movie.

>Its the night of the "big" detective pikachu premier,
OP either you're dumb or I'm dumb and you're just b8ing. I hope it's the latter

Attached: 1419318203376.jpg (250x238, 16K)

Pleasantly surprised by how little winking at the camera there was

It never stood a chance coming out a week after endgame.

This is what you get when you add shitskin in mains male role

>Forgetting that Frozen only made 67 million in it's opening weekend, then made over 1 billion over it's lifetime.

it's been 2 weeks though

nigger

if you put a nice charming handsome and boyish boy like dylan minnette or something instead of will smith's spawn of nepotism it would have done 20 mill more opening weekend

It didn't, but marvelbots won't stop being retarded.

that doesn't happen to summer movies

Look, I'm not one to be judgmental, but you're sounding a tad bit racist, dude.

Would have watched it myself if it wasn’t for the blatant anti-white/leftist propaganda and blackwashing.

I went with my 8 year old son. I’m 27 and grew up playing Pokémon red. He knows I only fuck with the original 150, so we were ecstatic to go after playing lesbgo eevee for the last few weeks. The black main character with eyes for a white girl killed the movie for me.

56% mutts don't do well in movies

Being this happy that Endgame beat Pokemon is like being happy that a schoolyard bully stole some little kid's lunch. 170 million worldwide on opening weekend isn't failing, there are movies with higher budgets and worse opening weekends that got sequels. you're just scared of what the pokemon franchise will grow into. And you should be scared because Pokemon is the only high grossing franchise that the mouse hasn't bought.

Because nostalgia factor doesn't work for now 30 year old boomers who used to watch this as they have social status and jobs and would rather kill themselves than be seen watching some kids movie. Actual Pokemon crazy manchildren who still spend money on this crap are a small minority and probably are seething that main character is a mutt. Zoomers don't give a shit about Pokemon and Pokemon go was only popular because soulless normies had a reason to socialize without carrying about the actual content of the game.

People like you are the reason Reagan should never have shut down government funded retard housing facilities in the 80s

because:
>nigger

Really showing your ass here, bro.

>with eyes for
he never gets here though.

It is the truth, mutt

So everyone on Yea Forums thinks it was going to fail because the protagonist was a mutt? are Yea Forumstards really that shallow?

>The black main character with eyes for a white girl killed the movie for me.
>has a child at 19
hat's off to you, Cletus
well played

>So everyone on Yea Forums thinks it was going to fail because the protagonist was a mutt?
Yes
>are Yea Forumstards really that shallow?
It's not being shallow, it's being realistic

Lets turn your question around. Do you believe that the protagonist being a mutt has played no role?

Have sex

Lmfao where the fuck do you think you are faggot

Like that matters. Not everyone got to see endgame on time because theaters were booked for a week straight.

You have sex

no u

If I was the same color as the main character I wouldn’t even know my son 8 years after he was born

nigger + white female
in my animu adaption

nope

>How can you deny climate change at this point?
Seriously, why did they pigeonhole that line in?

Literal children flick. They never do particularly well.

It’s comical.
>how can you deny climate change
>can’t you see that mountain sized Pokémon moving about

I really appreciate this new satire. Gets a chuckle from me every time

aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
What do you think?

Attached: j0L7_KyW_400x400.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Saw it yesterday. It’s a really cute movie. I’m not much of a Pokémon guy, but it was still an engaging story. I hope fans enjoyed it as much as I did.

I agree. Reynolds is a national treasure.

releasing it three weeks after Endgame

>Leftist NPCs will defend this

Attached: DAB3F9BE-9E70-42B6-92F9-367ADB47BA30.png (513x360, 136K)

It doesn't have paid shills.

It's good knowing you are the sole person to that movie companies make movies for. Jackass.