Did this have a better ending than Game of thrones?

Attached: big_1471937022_1382553286_image.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Obviously lol.

Unlike GOT Anno did his best to make a elaborate Middle Finge to the fans with EoE. The actual series just ran out of money.

I mean considering anti-escapism is a major theme of the show and that he expected otaku autism to obsess over waifus despite it's kind of understandable why he did what he did.

I agree user.
I think people misunderstand and overhype Anno quite a bit. Fact is, he is a depressive wreck that regrets every day of his Otaku life and actually just winged it with EVA as atherapeutic project. His bad luck basically was the succes of the tv series and his comittment to deliver his planned conclusion.
The sperging and veneration of EVA by Otakus/retards is still beyound me.

Eva has a better ending than most anything I've read or watched in my entire life. Especially since it took a giant shit on Otaku. Nothing I've ever read or watched has hurt, broken, and forced me to rebuild (heh) myself the way Eva did.

GoT definitely won't do that. Probably not even the book ending.

I don't even care that Eva is Weebshit Chinese Motion Drawings. It's belongs in the realm of legendary Kino.

Attached: Anno dials it back.jpg (1103x755, 229K)

It's a cool series for its time. Anno philosophers are worse than eva fanatics really

>Anno philosophers
>Eva fanatics
There’s a difference?

I watched this 20 years ago. I still have no fucking idea what I watched.

i wish episode 3 went down how it did basically, but almost everyone dies but arya and bran. bran somehow leads arya with him into the all white afterlife to see john and everyone, and then it basically ends like nge.

Unequivocally yes. Actually has something to say besides “crazy is bad”.

>Actually has something to say

What was it?

What show of any medium or genre had the best ending you've ever seen Yea Forums?

Attached: PYfXW23.jpg (567x816, 61K)

Same.

Should I re-watch it all? I'm 28 and I don't really watch anime so I just assume I'll find it boring and stupid.

Yes. It was DEEP. GoT's only point is the aesthetics and action sequences.

IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING
IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN, TUMBLING DOWN, TUMBLING DOWN.

Attached: 1557733799198.jpg (1920x1080, 685K)

i watched it last year again for the first time in forever (im 28 in a month), and idk its okay. i liked it but i recommend if you do watch it, watch it one or two episode per week. its really draining to binge watch, which is what i did.
also you probably will find it boring and stupid because it is. but theres some good moments.

At least slightly more complex and you could tell Anno was going through a hard time in his life and projected it into his art for no socio or political gain, so yeah.

Lelouch of the Rebellion did everything GoT did, but better.

I guess not.

>overhype Anno quite a bit
Anno deserved the hype after Gunbuster.

Attached: 814131019486_anime-gunbuster-movie-altB.jpg (736x540, 105K)

It’s about dealing with depression. The story offers alternate angles on how to cope.

The TV ending presents a very internalized look at self-actualization, where you can learn to expand your possibility space and imagine different futures for yourself instead of being bogged down by the toxic boxed-in ruminations on the present.

The movie ending explores the limitations of closing yourself off to the world by following through with the worst depressive instincts. Life is deemed not worth living on your own, but gains value merely with the possibility of connecting with others.

It’s a personal work that explores the artist’s feelings in exaggerated mecha action. It’s not perfect, but it feels honest.

>based anno makes anti-escapism kino that proved its point by having otakus drool over 2d girls
>otakus get angry when they get BTFO and called out in the last 2 episodes
>based anno vows to make a "true" ending
>otakus get BTFO even harder
The answer is clear. And now Anno is doing the exact same thing all over again with the new movies, and it looks like he's gonna make it even worse for the weebs.

It's a fine series. I caught the last few episodes on TV as a boy and it was like a lightning bolt in my life. I assumed all anime was like this!

>weebs hate anime

No EVA is garbage start to finish