Simple explanation for all the retards

She told Jon the people don't love her so she has to make them fear her. She outright says "I will use fear" They explicitly state this for the dumbest of viewers, and you all still miss it.
>but the innocents
Now every lord on the continent knows what will happen to them and their people if they don't bend the knee.
>she wasn't like this before
Every season shows her trying be diplomatic and people trying to fuck her over because of it, and violence solves her problem in the end.
>but they surrendered
Not when she gave her a chance. Now a message needed to be sent.

Attached: image.jpg (760x428, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I laughed my ass off at that scene because it turned her into the supreme gentleman.
>gets turned down for sex
>starts talking about ruling through fear
>goes on a killing spree because she can't get dick
They made her a fucking incel

Go tell that on twatter where they care, we like the Nazi queen here

>She outright says "I will use fear"
She actually says "It's fear, then", but I get your point

I'm explaining her motives you moron

The truth hurts

Roasties = BTFO

Women, especially SJW "woke" women, are low IQ and let their emotions control them

D&D redeemed themselves

I knew it was something along those lines, but it hammered the point home that she was going to set an example of kings landing.
>offer cersi a chance to surrender
>she tells her to go fuck herself and murders her best friend in front of her
>she wipes out her entire army and navy in about 5 minutes
>starts killing the innocents so other kingdoms think twice about refusing her offer to bend the knee
>woah woah dude wtf she surrendered not cool

are you ok

Attached: 8811872718.png (1346x654, 63K)

Kino. Femcels please find love.

So what? Actually having her go from wanting to protect innocent people to murdering hundreds of thousands is a hell of a leap for someone to actually fucking make. Nothing we've seen in her character shows us that she's anywhere near capable of actually doing what she did.

This. I'm okay with her going fucking insane, but just like the rest of this season it was fucking rushed. To be fair I gave up on this show after they ruined the white walkers stuff. Show ended like how most things in Hollywood do now, a loud sloppy wet fart.

she was always lady hitler get real. you dont kill your enemies, you put them in the gulag. she outright refused to imprison the tarly son and insisted on killing because apparently gulags and reeducation make more enemies not less

Nobody here is arguing against what the show did m8

Go back to r*ddit

t. brainlet

Attached: rer.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>Every season shows her trying be diplomatic and people trying to fuck her over because of it, and violence solves her problem in the end.
Correct except the
>Every season shows her trying be diplomatic and people trying to fuck her over because of it
part.
She consistently hasn't suceeded at solving any problem she can't just burn down with her dragons. King's Landing is just the logical conclusion.

She could have just done public executions of the people that dont bend the knee like with the tarly's

By the end of it when Jon has to kill her, her character arc will holistically look like shit from an analytical perspective, even if it was fun to watch

>Not when she gave her a chance. Now a message needed to be sent.
This.

The ram has touched the wall.

Do the unsullied magically replicate?

>Nothing we've seen in her character shows us that she's anywhere near capable of actually doing what she did.
But it does show she's incapable of doing literally anything else.
"Muh dragons" and "burn'em down" was her solution to EVERYTHING between seasons 2 and 7.

>she was always lady hitler get real
Name a single other time she chose to deliberately kill literally any innocent people. She went from 2 to 100 in less than an episode.

how else do you expect them to replicate, they don't have dicks ffs

normies and "wannabe bookreaders" only complain because they dont even know what the word "character development" means.

>2 enemy combatants that refuse to bend the knee
>hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians that have surrendered
totally the same, how could I miss it

Or, you know, she was always a mad bitch.

[scene opens on a new season and new queen is surrounded by cats instead of dragons]
*open another boxxed wine*

There's a pretty clear progression if you've been paying attention
>kill people who already hurt my family
>kill people trying to hurt me/dragons
>kill people who hurt unrelated slaves
>kill people who passively benefitted from slavery
>kill people who refuse to accept me as their lord and savior
>????

Dude, this shit's been foreshadowed ever since last season at best. Dany can literally only terrorize Westeros into obeying her, she has no real tie to the country, and she's been growing increasingly paranoid ever since the start of S8. The sole reason she even embarked upon this quest was her supposed claim to the throne and she's lost even that with Jon being the rightful heir. I think it could have used one more episode of setup, but the events do flow logically one from the other.

Honestly, it was the smartest thing she could have done in that situation. Varys too. People forget what kind of assholes populate the 7 Kingdoms. If she lets Cersei and Cersei supporters get away with this bullshit, killing her friends and her kids, everyone is going to push her to the edge every single time knowing they can toss out an "ohmahgawd so sorry I surrender" at the last second.

Fall in line, faggots.

Exactly. This is not the Dany villain I was expecting. I wanted a ruthless queen, not a mad one
>she burns the city until bells
>she stops attacking the city, but still destroy the red keep
>next episode, she executes all the enemy soldiers
>Jon and Tyrion are concerned about her
But now every main character has to kill her: Jon, Tyrion, Arya. There is no political plot or moral dilemma

Back in S2 she even says she will take what's hers "with fire and blood."

Fuck, the whole point of Dany's character was that people who think their destiny is to rule will make shitty rulers. Dany has no real ties to Westeros that legitimizes her in front of the people, and the only thing that gave her de jure right to the throne and upon which she justified everything she did was fake. There is absolutely no way the people of KL would recognize her as queen and she knows it.

So she did the only thing she knows to do with people who won't recognize her as queen.

None of that is anywhere close to the mass genocide of innocent civilians though.
>step 1
>step 2
>step 3
>step 451

I am the small council

>she has no real tie to the country, and she's been growing increasingly paranoid ever since the start of S8.
Yet nowhere has it been foreshadowed that she's ok with killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people that have already surrendered.
>the events do flow logically one from the other.
Only if you skip 100 steps. I'm sure the outcome in the books will be similar, but it'll be built up properly so it's not so jarring.

Exactly. That would've been a logical and proper progression for her character.

Not for a woman. This kind of incredibly rash and violent change of mood/behaviour is completely normal.

>Name a single other time she chose to deliberately kill literally any innocent people. She went from 2 to 100 in less than an episode.

She chose to invade Westeros to press her claim. A claim that Westeros doesn't care about or want. All she brings is bloody war. Did she think it would be a bloodless war?

In the past she had convenient excuses and a whole bunch of advisors to control her instincts. Now she doesn't. She is invading a country, there is nobody to liberate, her advisors are dead or disgraced, she is isolated and realized that she cannot achieve her goal through charming the people because she is utterly unwanted. So in this completely different situation with no restraining factors or luxuries her true self comes out.

>Yet nowhere has it been foreshadowed that she's ok with killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people that have already surrendered.

Invading Westeros implies that she is sanctioning the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.

So you can't name a single example like I thought.

What, no it fucking doesn't. And even IF it did, it's only combatants that oppose her, not slaughtering innocent smallfolk that have already surrendered to her. Nothing in her character shows that she's anywhere near capable of that.

i kind of want the leaks to be fake because i finally love her character now. shes super qt when going insane and I want her to kill jon sansa and arya for betraying her.

Shit sets a tent full of dothraki on fire, the harpy's, quite literally an ass ton of people. You're right this is brand new and you literally have had no idea this was the arc from over 3 seasons ago.

well i mean she could do that but death by being burned into a crisp is a lot more scarier and wayyyyyyy more painful than being beheaded

>Shit sets a tent full of dothraki on fire, the harpy's, quite literally an ass ton of people.
Those aren't innocent civilians that have already surrendered to her. You're drawing an insanely long bow.

She also said she doesn't forgive them for not rising up against any non-Targaryen

Her reasons are entirely rational but she is still now a tyrant

this was a great episode i don't understand why people don't enjoy this.

Of course there's no previous example, if it's a culmination of her character's arc. Literally the thing that was driving her was the belief that she was the rightful ruler of Westeros and it is one short step from "executing prisoners of war who don't recognize her as queen" to "killing civilians who presumably won't recognize her as queen" - especially now when her claim's been revealed as nonexistent, she's lost all allies and no one actually likes her.

They were very innocent and had absolutely no reason to surrender to her. She was bound by their tradition, and she broke it by slaughtering them.

They learned it from the Dothraki.

>sacking your own capital
Are you faggots retarded?

the bad part is drogon killing everything by himself.

They should have had 2 dragons splitting up the work so its more believable. Rhaegal dies from a surprise ballistae attack from the middle of the city in dense civilian areas, and this triggers Dany to flame everything just to be safe.

You take care of all the plot problems with this.

Attached: 1557717432331.jpg (774x1033, 74K)

I liked the episode a lot, probably one of the top 5. It is really ballsy to make the most loved character the most evil one. The Targs will always be evil, mad rulers.

>show Dothraki and Unsullied get wiped out 2 eps ago
>lol we got thousands more

Attached: 1309003695577.jpg (344x333, 20K)

No you fucking dipshit. Flip a coin. Jesus christ it's like tv doesn't watch the shit they talk about.

Jon is a Targ...

You're hilarious, but don't forget that people started taking flat earth seriously

They should have had a better trigger, than the stupid bells. Either daenerys commits, continues burning everything even though the bell is ringing, or maybe hang some lannister banners on the red keep, or maybe show soldiers trying to jump off a tower that is on fire or something to remind her of missandei.

What did Arya even do this episode?

Give up vengeance and be our POV for the smallfolk carnage.

DANY PLEASE LOVE ME I LOVE YOU YOU'RE SO CUTE WHEN YOU KILL PEOPLE

Attached: 1542194378837.png (600x350, 163K)

lmao

Attached: 1557723896271.png (621x740, 597K)

Stop living for revenge, show us people being slaughtered and find a horse that she will ride away into the sunset never to be seen again ending.

>Varys in his study
>Five seconds later he's on the beach

They keep doing this, atleast in earlier seasons they put something inbetween to make it feel like a proper skip and not just a teleport.

Thanks for the Q&A Dabid

what leaks?

Based post. She did nothing wrong.

It may be the culmination of her character arc but D&D skipped at least 20 steps between where she was a few episode ago and now.

>it is one short step from "executing prisoners of war who don't recognize her as queen" to "killing civilians who presumably won't recognize her as queen"
If by step you mean several miles then sure.

the civilians don't recognize her as queen
the soldiers who fought at winterfell don't really recognize her as queen
Nobody likes her
Nobody accepts her

>the civilians don't recognize her as queen
You don't know that
>the soldiers who fought at winterfell don't really recognize her as queen
but she didn't kill them, she was killing civilians
>Nobody likes her
>Nobody accepts her
So? People didn't like her before and she won them over, she didn't instantly start burning innocent people.

She can play the nice queen part all she wants AFTER shes in power. Meanwhile, razing her enemies is the most effective way of establishing her position.

>Now everyone has to kill her
What makes you think they will or would be successful? She's the one with the largest, most violent army. She's the one with the dragons. Tyrion gets sentenced to death for letting Jamie out. Jon gets banished to the wall for betraying her. Arya fucks off and doesn't care. She's done with war and death. The show just ends, as it has to do anyways. The Game of Thrones never stops.

>Now a message needed to be sent.
let's just holocaust the women and children :--DD

Her dragon was killed. That made her lose her mind.

in the works since season two.

Attached: Dany2.jpg (1920x1080, 502K)

Imagine being so much of a pathetic incel that you view an episode of a show as a personal victory against people you dont know

Jon is a Targaryen. Perhaps he can pass through the dragon's fire and kill her?

>She told Jon the people don't love her so she has to make them fear her. She outright says "I will use fear" They explicitly state this for the dumbest of viewers, and you all still miss it.

No one missed it. We just don't understand why she needs to use more dragon violence to establish fear. Drogon wiped out a fleet and an army outside the city and already did a ton of damage to the city itself before she went full retard.

It's also insanely fucking stupid of her to think, "hey, the people don't love me. They really love this Jon Snow guy. Also, this Jon Snow guy has a better claim to the throne. How do I deal with this problem? I know, I'll murder thousands of innocents, forcing the man with the better claim to put me in my fucking place!" It's not a logical train of thought. She should have been going out of her way to get Jon to marry her, instead of putting ridiculous ultimatums on it. Let the dude tell his fucking family, who gives a shit.

But she didn't raze her enemies, she razed HER people who had surrendered.

"Fear" would have already been achieved by her soloing the Iron Fleet, Gold Company, and all of Cersei's men effortlessly. Having her suddenly massacre civilians is an enormous leap from anything shes ever done before. And much of the continent was already pledged to her.

she wanted to be queen

Wh are people getting so upset about the death of faceless peasants? Poor people always got the short end of the stick throughout history. Its not like their lives mattered at all.

>having her go from wanting to protect innocent people to murdering hundreds of thousands
Sweatie that's just real life. We live in a world where people think a nuclear bombing of two cities full of civvies was perfectly justified. History is written by the winners

But that was snow in the vision, not ash.

Im sure there still plenty people left in the Seven Kingdoms who now know not to oppose her. Sometimes you have to set an example, which was what she did.

and I'm sure the people that think like that didn't suddenly switch from wanting to protect those people to killing them in the course of the few days.

>If you surrender peacefully to me I'll kill you anyway
That's some 4d level ruling.

>Now every lord on the continent knows what will happen to them and their people if they don't bend the knee.
The problem is OP that they did bend the knee. Psycho queen went on her killing spree after the city surrendered

>mass genocide of innocent civilians
That's perfectly normal in a war, they want you to think it isn't but it is. How did Churchill go from fighting on the beaches to bombing German cities full of civilians? He just did, nobody cares.

hahah retarded waifufag. you're a waste of space

Exactly, all they had to do to make this make sense was to not have the city fall so easily.

Imagine not knowing that men see the world differently than women.

Except it's not perfectly in line with her character, which is the problem.

The point to surrender was when she offered them peace, and in response Cersei killed Missandei. After that it was all game. The retarded people shoulve known better and have escaped from KL.

Oh I'm sure they justified it. I'm sure they told themselves that Hiroshima and Nagasaki citizens have been warned and those who didn't leave chose to die. And they needed to drop those bomb to save more innocents from being killed in a senseless war. See, perfectly reasonable if you want it to be. Still a mass murder of civvies though

It literally was though. A million enemy civvies or a million soldiers whom you’ve paid good money and time training and outfitting, not to mention you know these men. Hmmm tough choice for the generals.

>Oh I'm sure they justified it.
I'm sure they did, but I'm saying that I'm sure they didn't become a person capable of justifying it overnight. It would've been a gradual process to become someone capable of that. Dany had no such process. Sure there were a few moments of rashness, maybe even cruelty, but absolutely nothing approaching anywhere near this level, especially towards innocent civilians.

She literally said in the episode to Jon that she has no love and only fear. She chose to make the people fear her because they don't love her.

Why is this show so gutless now? We barely saw any graphic violence this episode. Varys was burned alive and he didn't even make any noise. The writing was always pretty bad but at least they had shock value.

That makes no fucking sense. Those people had already surrendered, she won an all encompassing overwhelming victory already through fear already. Killing hundreds of thousands more was pointless.

Most of the problems with this season come from the dumbass decision to stuff everything into just six episodes. If they could slow down the pace and let things build up over more time then this could have worked better, but as it is everything happens too quickly.

>killed in a senseless war.
Imagine believing this. War is the great inventor. Without it we would still be swinging from fucking trees and dying in sand blasted hell holes. All wars save total destruction are net positives for humanity. Wars are the fuel that will take us out of this solar system.

lol wars are what's bankrupting America

Trade is the basis of humanity.

This. I've got no problems with them going mad queen, but the way they did it makes no god damn sense.

Aegon the conqueror had better diplomatic skills than Dany but he relied heavily Belarion the black dread as a way to scare potential enemies

Yes it does.

>What, no it fucking doesn't. And even IF it did, it's only combatants that oppose her, not slaughtering innocent smallfolk that have already surrendered to her.

Then she is either retardedly naive, which is impossible given that she observed and commanded wars first hand, or engaging in so much self-deception that it seriously strains her sanity.

A pre-modern war without mass deaths of smallfolk is like a fried rice. Even if you are not prone to order massacres on emotional basis (Dany is) in perfect control of your troops (Dany isn't) and these troops don't think that mass murder is OK (Dany's troops don't), the army will still plunder any area it passes through bare simply because there is no other way to feed armies, and will spread disease in its wake, because diseases is what happens when you gather tons of people with limited understanding of hygiene together, and as the result fuck tons of peasants will die from starvation, cold, and ilness.

Dumber and Dumber even said Danny sees the Red Crypt and flies over there and torches it because her family built it when she moved over there 300 years aggo and it was a symbol of all she had lost. So obviously she had to destroy it, with Sercei inside.

how fucking retarded are you

imagine being an autistic faggot

And a shit ton of her troops as well.

>Im sure there still plenty people left in the Seven Kingdoms who now know not to oppose her.

And I'm sure her own retinue will shank her as soon as she gets off the dragon.

user do you have any idea how vile and sexist that manner of thought is?

let me twitter mame it for you

D&D: *fanfiction fails to live up to the writing they'd previously been copying from the books*
u: *argues endlessly about why this dumb shint isn't as dumb as u think*

>dumbass decision
Game of Thrones was a Lord of the Rings cash in that started about 10 years too late. They fucked up from the start. If anything they should have ended it sooner, they must be hemorrhaging money by now

Did you forget the Astapor black ops, so the damage would be minimal?

At least sansa needs to die for her treachery. But I doubt they would kill her.

>Demands Khal Drogo pillage villages and towns in Essos for ship money
>Talks about conquering the Seven Kingdoms with the Dothraki every five minutes
>burns entire Tower of the Undying
>orders Unsullied to kill all the masters regardless of individual treatment of slaves in Astapor, gives them no chance to free them on their own
>repeats the kill them all method in Yunkai
>kills kind slave holders in Mereen
>publicly executes a supporter who messed up against all advice, causing more Sons of the Harpy support
>Destroys food meant for innocent people instead of just burning opposing soldiers
>Didn't take Tarlys prisoner
>Increasing stubborn and violent attitude
>Varys/Tyrion commentary on her decisions S7 and S8

Yeah no foreshadowing whatsoever.

well ya did mate

Femcel kino.

>The Game of Thrones never stops.
You're fucking delusional if you think D&D would have such a poignant ending to cap off this flaming garbage of a season. Why does it have to be spelled out? D&D have turned Danny into her mad father. It's that simple. Quite literally no one in the series can compete with the utter death and destruction Danny has caused in a single afternoon, and many 'evil' characters have died for much less. Danny (and some other characters we know) will die, but peace will still be achieved in the form of Bran with his warg-pet drogon. That's obviously D&Ds idea of bitter sweet.

Fuck off, retard. Everyone here understood the retarded flimsy as fuck justification. It's a shit premise and bad writing.

Jon pretends to bend the knee and stabs her. Then Bran becomes king.

> he's literally more idealistic than a leftist.

The city and army surrenders, then she exterminates them anyway. Targs are also known for being crazy. Basically she just made it clear that surrender is futile.

>could have taken kings landing when her dragons were fully grown and Cersei had 0 defences against them
>would have only needed like 10,000 troops otherwise

Episode 4 made them look pathetic, Episode 5 made them look like the most broken shit in the universe.

Attached: tom-hanks-explosion.gif (228x171, 842K)

>he doesn't know that armies in the past often only accepted surrender if it was before the city was breached exactly to make an example for the next city

Why didn't they surrender in the previous episode to just prevent all the bloodshed? Also Cersei executing Missandei was unfair too

They call Cersei queen when theyre screaming "ring the bells".
Also didn't le bend the knees

You're really looking for substance in something thats just yass queen propaganda at this point.

There is no reason for any of the characters actions other than pandering to the lowest common denominators who eat this shit up (ie women and soibois), with the exception of like 2 plot points that grrm forced them into (dany going mad) -- hence the worse ratings this episode.

This. George R.R. Martin has forced them to the destination, but D&D wrote the path- which sucks

Danny knows that surrender is a dishonor and she did the right thing

Attached: mh4w497546111.jpg (1500x1895, 359K)

Cersei also never gave the okay, the people turned and rung the bells themselves to save their lives. The soldiers threw down their swords and Cersei no longer was their queen with authority to order anything. And yet they still all burned to death.

>not when she gave her a chance
Cersei didnt give her a chance, tf does it has to do with innocents
i dont have any problems with her going the Mad Queen routine since theyre hinting this since the build up for it was there, but thats the stupidest way the could do that.

Attached: 1502579885144.jpg (800x800, 359K)

Sup Dabid.

this

That's snow, is in the script, in the sound of her walking, in the goddamm icicles.

Anyone defending this as strategy is an idiot. All she "basically" did was mark herself for tyrannicide, which happens next week. This decision costs her her life.

Attached: 1557726107322.png (1801x562, 155K)

Yea Forums hasn't gotten to read The Prince in high-school yet.

Attached: 9780140449150.jpg (297x450, 27K)

shitty bait 0/10

Attached: 1557153518551.jpg (1242x1553, 241K)

It's a civil war. Armies engaging in civil wars rarely engaged in mass-looting/raping/wholesale extermination as it would completely delegitimize them as a rightful ruler.

Basically Daenerys is a bloodthirsty invader. She still really is a Dothraki Khaleesi which would be fine if she had more than a couple dozen Dothraki and Unsullied to enforce her rule cuz Jon/Tyrion ain't gonna be enforcing her rule.

You do realize that Machiavelli wrote "The Prince" as a fucking parody and was having a hearthy laugh at people who took it seriously?

Jon is not immune to fire.

Do you think that accepting surrender means you let them go? she would be perfectly in her rights to execute Cersei along with any supporters.

Hes just excited user. It really was a magical episode.

based Drogon
Azor Drogon boys

His intent doesn't matter when people (and writers) have been jerking off to "It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both." for literally 500 years.
as soon as she said "Fear it is, then" you knew where this was going.

That's only like that because they're sociopaths who doesn't even care for regular people who doesn't even wanted that war to happen

Didn't she agree to stop the attack if the bells rang?

Jon is half Targ and half House-famous for stoicism and restraint. The latter clearly beat out the former. His entire character is "This will probably bite me in the ass later but I'm doing the right thing, so I can deal with the consequences and conflicted feelings about my actions".

I am sure she just had retard sperg rage attack.
Seeing as she is inbred.

Attached: 1553966026211.jpg (749x780, 114K)

>>but they surrendered
>Not when she gave her a chance. Now a message needed to be sent.
This is how the Russians taught Chechens to be good boys at Gronzy

Troll replies aside you're right. You're retarded if just Dany going evil makes you mad but the execution was awful. She always had rationalizations for killing people before, they were child killing slavers, that can be "do what must be done, ends justified means" lawful evil. This is Joker style Chaotic Evil, she can't get dick and hears a bell so she just kills fucking everyone, not even the kind of villain she's always been to an extent.

She went from Breaker of Chains to Elliot Rogers in a single episode.
Based Dabid

Yeah, but have you ever dealt with a woman who said they will just let something go?

They won't even let a pair of pants on the floor go, let alone the death of a pet and best friend.

>It is better to be feared than loved
Ah yes, the famous quote of the supreme edgelord that ended up getting murdered by his own bodyguards
Maybe its better to be loved after all

Attached: caligula.jpg (250x342, 24K)

To be fair its highly probable she will be killed in next episode.

Which confirms whoever is writing for the show now is just writing clishey shit.
Trying as hard as possible to subvert expectations when in fact its all expected.

Attached: 1557106864123.jpg (320x320, 10K)

Execution wise id love to sit here and rip in everything from season 7 until now. However I loved this stuff with dany because she really is dumb character. Her advisors tell her to do everything smart shes ever done. Whenever its up to her she just starts killing shit. Shes totally unlikable and irrationals. Shes not an interesting character at all.

She is an inbred sociopath.
In-breading has a hier chance of producing sociopaths or people whit rage problems.
Why do you think royalty or nobility in human history was usually horrible people.

LMFAO this

before the battle at winterfell, jamie is up on the wall looking down at the big lady

it cuts to the dyke during same actions so its same scene and not even 6 seconds later hes down by her side.

literally teleporting for the most minuscule of things now

at this point i would honestly love for dany to kill everyone important in the show and rule as the mad queen

DRAAAAAAAAAACAAAAAARYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This. There’s no way she’d burn innocent women and children.

>"It's fear, then"

Attached: Palp_trustme.jpg (1529x1200, 189K)

she has always been a power hungry psychotic. she wanted them to suffer like she suffered. she lost everything when she came to westeros, her dragons, most of her army, her closest advisers. she realized no one would ever want her for their queen because they see her as a foreign invader. it would just be a matter of time before they tried fucking her over. so she just goes crazy and burns everyone to make an example out of them and to show her power

>protect innocent people
She never wanted that

japan didn't surrender, the lannisters did. pretty big difference.

>clishey
>clishey

lmao

>Now a message needed to be sent.

What a fucking cunt. The people were literally Cersei's hostages. When they played the bells everything was over but Daenerys went full madz anyway. Fuck Dany and fuck you.

They aren't innocent tho.

Are people really this stupid? The burning of King's Landing my the Mad Queen has been heavily foreshadowed in this season alone, besides the fact that one of the central fucking plot points of the entire Lore is the Mad King being a burninator.

>show never gave one single solitary fuck about peasants or "innocents"
>show was entirely about power
>all of a sudden in season 8 everything becomes about innocents
>retards on Yea Forums eat it up

based Jews

This is the argument most people make and I think it's just based on your own personal belief that nothing could ever make you do something like that, so when you see a mostly decent character suddenly "turn evil" its unbelieveable. But thats what happened in communism and nazism. Dany has a pathological need to keep her legitimacy as a ruler because thats what she has been told her whole life with religious intensity and resentment. But the reality is she is just a foreign invader from a deposed royal line that everyone hates. So if she can't maintain legitimacy through love she'll do it through fear.

>hostages
She took the Russia approach.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

imagine just being a faggot

yeah, i agree. seems D&D just wanted to shock everyone, once again. if it happens in the books too, i'm sure the transition from "liberator" to genocidal maniac makes sense, given that there will be hundreds of pages dedicated to it.

if dany's dragon uses the same wormhole or teleporter it used in Season 7, i'm sure there's enough time for her to roast all of winterfell before the series ends.

>clishey