I'm actually disappointed. Disappointed that this episode was kinda well written...

I'm actually disappointed. Disappointed that this episode was kinda well written. I was hoping for this entire season to be a disaster but this was the best episode of the past two seasons. So many character arcs finishing nicely (Jaime, Hound, Varys, Arya sort of). So many little moments (Tyrion and Jaime, Varys realizing he's fucked, Dany being rejected, children burned to death). And an ending that probably befits the books.

Yes, it also had some vintage D&D retardation (Euron conveniently washing up next to Jaime), but despite all that, it feels that the show has finally come to its inevitable conclusion: Daenerys as the Mad Queen. Her character this season, especially with those scenes of loneliness and isolation she started feeling have culminated in her revealing her true face. Very good acting by Emilia too.

I have mixed feelings now because I wanted to hate the show but this episode felt good. I'm still kinda hoping they fuck up the finale though.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-13-16h38m00s241.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

The mad queen is garbage and so is your opinion

So what did varys hear from the flames?

>character arcs finishing nicely
>Jaime
>character arcs finishing nicely
>Varys
Lmao

*coughing noises*

Attached: 1557715677415.jpg (1442x1633, 341K)

Daily reminder Dany went on a genocidal killing spree because Jon denied her sex. She started the incel revolution.

Jaime's arc was butchered. Dany going mad queen could have been great if the development to it didn't feel so rushed.

Dany going mad queen could have been great if the development to it didn't feel so rushed.
This.

I agree, this is probably the best episode of the last two seasons (though that's not saying much), but Dany's descent into madness does feel rushed.

Are we going to pretend that episode 4 and 5 are well written just because they make SJWs seethe? Fucking contrarians.

You’re fooling yourself. You’re seeing the plot conclusions George RR Martin has intended from the beginning, so there is a false sense of satisfaction in the poetic conclusions, but stop for a second to think about how and why they are happening and it all implodes under D and Ds completely inability to handle nuance or thematic and emotional storytelling. Nothing makes sense on a character, plot, or physical level.

Why do you think that a character has to "win" to finish nicely?

OP here. I agree that she wasn't built up enough, but considering the circumstances this is the best thing we could have hoped. Also if you rewatch this season there are some very good foreshadowing Dany scenes. It's just that the previous 7 didn't do enough.

The show was never bad because of story. You’re saying you like the story. Okay, the execution was still absolute dogshit, which has been the reason why the show is bad for years.

>Dany will go mad in the books

I just don't buy it. if it happens the whole context will be different.

Dany is pretty much GRRM's waifu in the books and she's done much less random YASS QUEEN burning of extras by the same point in the story.

plus the "the gods flip a coin" quote is completely misapplied in the episode: the coin is flipped when Targaryans are BORN, meaning Dany being a lunatic ought have shown itself by now, like with Viserys.

It’s been confirmed several times they are ending the same way (in broad strokes), and the mad queen theory has been solid since the first book. Plus that interview where he says “a villain is just a hero for the other side”, there’s not much evidence pointing to her NOT going mad in the books.

viserys didn't show signs until he finally sold off the last of the family heirlooms, his mother's crown.
aerys didn't show signs until adulthood.

Find out in A Dream of Spring By George RR Martin, only $60+ shipping+ tax+ tip.

GRRM's interview refers to multiple characters like Stannis and the Lannisters and possible also the White Walkers given they're not remotely similar in the books.

there are problems with the timing given the length of the novels (Dany only arriving in Westeros at the end of TWOW). given the number of pages GRRM says he can finish the story in, it's more that D&D misunderstood some other plot point, like perhaps Dany comes back and sacks Meereen with the dothraki when she finds her two other dragons have been stolen.

Viserys was implied to be sexually abusing Dany from a while before the start of the first novel.
Aerys was always a nervous autist.
compare with Rhaegar who was Mr Good At Everything, Aegon V, etc. it's made very clear which Targs are good and which are bad to the point of it being almost a plot point.

it's of course always possible that GRRM has simply fucked up but madDany is set up less effectively in the books than the show.

>thinks that quote applies to the literal villains because they have motivations
Does he need to grab you by the ears and scream in your face that he’s talking about the character he is actively building up as a literal hero for the other side?

Because they both had weak ass deaths. For weak ass reasons.

>well written
>one of the first scenes is golden company standing outside the walls
does anybody in this universe understand how walls work?

at least the previous 7 seasons established that she's a terrible ruler