How quickly would the Thing destroy the Earth if it got out of Antarctica?

How quickly would the Thing destroy the Earth if it got out of Antarctica?

Attached: 1452926870921.jpg (1280x1857, 513K)

I dont know if it would destroy earth at all.

The thing tries to stay hidden and the assimilated people dont even seem to know they are assimilated until the thing needs to get out of a jam,

Moderately quick

The infinity gauntlet, all 7 dragonballs, or a time machine are the only way to deal with the thing once it reaches the ocean.

The Thing just wanted to Escape Earth
He used the Assimilation and Mimic Mechanics as a DIFENSIVE TOOL

Doesn't Wilford Brimley's exposition machine explain that right in the film?

I wonder if you made a perimeter of fire around a city or at least something that gives off a lot of heat would deter The Thing completely as long it’s consistent or would The Thing eventually have enough intelligence to find a means to breach it with enough assimilated bodies.

Exponentially. There is a comic book story arc that continues after the 1st 1980's movie that showed how quickly it turned things into The Thing once if was out of Antarctica.

Link?

If it can’t even get out of a research station how would it get the entire world lol

Would the sun affect it in hotter climates?

i estimate it would take about 50 moments.

Yeah, gotta second this, i'm curious.

cute

I imagine that a rescue mission would be send to the US base after not receiving communications for days... When them arrive...

>if it got out of Antarctica?

it was trying to escape the planet

This, in the book it explains how it went out for a pack of smokes one night and crashed on earth. It was trying to get back home to it's wife and kids and said his wife was going to kill him. Unfortunately no one at the base spoke Glarklagasshagassha.

It did

about tree fiddy

Man, the props and effects in the original were damn impressive.

>The thing gets to Antarctica shores
>Infects a bunch of penguins
>Swim over to argentina
>Buenos aires gets btfo by Happy feet

those comics were really dumb

>it’s
>not its

kek

Cringe