What was the last tv show that you were actually excited to see every week?

What was the last tv show that you were actually excited to see every week?

Attached: 191E8A5B-0A00-4EF5-A5EA-641432061F73.jpg (960x1440, 585K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2017/06/leftovers-finale-behind-the-scenes-exclusive.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dunno, Chernobyl

I fucking loved this show.
Imperfect but my favourite show

Better call Saul

Barry

VEEP. Ending of 7 great seasons tonight but who cares because GoT.

Also, Leftovers totally stuck the landing. Great ending.

Attached: 1548807934482.png (502x502, 445K)

The showrunner almost fucked it up though. This retard actually wanted to show the other world via Nora's flashbacks, but the book author stopped him immediately.

Where did you hear that? I heard him on a podcast talk about how he intentionally wanted the ending to be ambigous.

Wow, cool, I didn't know that. Could have really screwed the whole thing up.

Oh god. What a difference that would make. Totally dodged a bullet.

Leftovers isn't my favorite, but it is objectively the best show ever made. Every episode was better than the previous and it led into the perfect ending. Absolute kino.

Some article a while ago, I think it had some interview bits with the author or it just mentioned it.
>I heard him on a podcast talk about how he intentionally wanted the ending to be ambigous.
Well, yeah, I wouldn't say otherwise to be honest. Iirc the decision was changed pretty early, during the brainstroming session, so he might as well just not count it as a fact.

Les LOST, Les Leftovers, Les Revenants

The Leftovers was definitely one of them. Right now the only shows I look forward to are Doom Patrol and Barry.

Chernobyl

This. Before that, The Night Of

Twin Peaks

this

Attached: janey-e-tp.jpg (960x640, 112K)

Twin Peaks: The Return was absolutely unmissable television. You never knew what you were going to get each week. Haven't seen anything that has measured up to it since.

Yes, found it.
>vulture.com/2017/06/leftovers-finale-behind-the-scenes-exclusive.html
>Perrotta had said adamantly and publicly that it didn’t matter what happened to the vanished 2 percent, but he knew Lindelof was at least a little inclined to answer the Ultimate Question. One very Lost-ian idea the showrunner had clung to from the very first episode was the possible existence of a mirror world, where 98 percent of the population disappeared instead of 2 percent. While filming his pilot’s first scene, during which a baby disappears from a car seat, Lindelof asked director Peter Berg if they could shoot an alternate version, “where we stay on the baby and then we tilt over to the front seat and the mother is gone.” Berg asked why. “That might be the way to end the series,” Lindelof had said. They didn’t have time to film it.
>But in that pre-room Lindelof revived the idea of showing the Other Place. “He made it so fucking compelling,” says Perrotta, “and everybody in the room is going, ‘Yeah!’ And I’m sitting there going, ‘No!’” Lindelof, comparing his writers’ room to 12 Angry Men, says that “Perrotta became Juror No. 8” — the lone dissenter who brings the room around. Perrotta gave a version of his Leftovers stump speech: “It was always just a given for me that there is this mystery, the same mystery of where do we go when we die, and the idea that there’s one authoritative answer seems palpably ridiculous to me.”
So yeah, Lindelof was kinda bullshitting.

More important question, was Nora lying or not in the finale? the fact that they didn't show it seems to suggest that it was a lie meant to express that she's finally accepted her loss, to me anyway.

It was so meditative. I kinda miss it.

Attached: dougie loves his coffee.jpg (1420x946, 95K)

That's the whole point, the mystery of her revelation being true or not. You are free to think whatever you want, but I also tend to think it was all lies. If I'm not mistaking there was also a tiny, short clip where she actually started banging on the device door from the inside (I actually don't remember clearly).

She seemed to be just about to yell "STOP!" then it cuts into the future.