I think this is genuinely the shittiest possible movie situation to be in

I think this is genuinely the shittiest possible movie situation to be in
>slowly being hunted
>can’t trust anyone
>surrounded by the coldest climate on Earth
>during Winter so it’s night all the time and you’re stuck there for 6 months
>finally, the fate of every living creature rests with you being able to beat a galaxy destroying life form in a cerebral chess match

Attached: 36E2271B-AD52-4D1A-8F0E-1EA39387FE08.jpg (650x373, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3qSbYEbtfoY
youtu.be/Esy-776wcIo?t=90
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Check Childs' breath at the end.

Even worse:
>Even if you kill the thing, you can't be 100% certain it's really dead

Check the bottle of gasoline he drank

The breath thing has long since been debunked.

Not to mention, on higher resolution prints you CAN see Childs' breath.

Better hints are: His potentially changed jacket, the fact that he isn't afraid of drinking from MacReady's bottle (and thus unafraid of risking infection) and that his explanation for why he left completely betrays his character up to that point.

Infection isn't a thing. Not sure how this meme for tards got started. The thing is an alien that makes itself look like you, then eats you. It's not an infection.

why haven't we got a sequel to this masterpiece? imagine a horror TV series where the infection spreads globally.

Famalam…The second the Thing makes it to mainland, it’s over for planet earth

Producers nowadays are more interested in supporting new, creative ideas rather than doing remakes and sequels.

I fucking hate you cocksucker theorists so much. Watch Rob Ager’s videos on The Thing, get educated

One of the people says that they should start eating out of cans, instead of letting people cook food for each other because the thing could infect people that way.
Hence it being odd that child's takes the drink without question

In the game Childs was the thing.
lol

Am i the thing or are you

That process is wrong. It doesn't mimic you then eat you. It assimilates its prey on a cellular level. Cell by cell, as demonstrated visually in the film. It's all one process.

The level of sentience and intelligence is what makes it an interesting and unique creature. But it can absolutely be classified as an infectious organism given how it affects organic material.

Ellen Ripley had it almost as bad in Alien

>It assimilates its prey on a cellular level
Name one instance this happened in the movie.

>Blair checking his computer
youtube.com/watch?v=3qSbYEbtfoY

>Fuchs suggesting they prepare their own meals and eat from cans.

>MacReady acknowledges that each individual part of the thing is its own organism and that even sparse tissue like blood will react.

A theory proven correct. In fact a major plot point as their bloodbank was sabotaged.

youtu.be/Esy-776wcIo?t=90

And in that same scene.

>Windows is covered in blood and chewed on before being cast aside. By the end of the scene he's been transformed and has to be burned.

Have you ever even seen this movie?

>>Blair checking his computer
>youtube.com/watch?v=3qSbYEbtfoY
>>Fuchs suggesting they prepare their own meals and eat from cans.
>>MacReady acknowledges that each individual part of the thing is its own organism and that even sparse tissue like blood will react.
That's just them speculating.
>Windows is covered in blood and chewed on before being cast aside. By the end of the scene he's been transformed and has to be burned
I took than as him being devoured by the thing biomass. i'm pretty sure when the first guy got devoured, the one with the beard, it clearly looked like some blob consuming him.

>that his explanation for why he left completely betrays his character up to that point.
This is the real reason he's a Thing. That and the fact that he claims he went outside because he saw Blair outside, but then as soon as he leaves the power goes out, meaning Blair was already inside the building when Childs left, and the door leading into the basement where the power was cut just so happens to be right behind the door Childs was guarding. It's obvious that the alien was inside the base, attacked Childs, then sent the new Childs-Thing out into the snow just incase the Blair-Thing failed.

Look up the cancelled tv show and read the comics if you want to see how quickly the quality drops when Carpenter isn't involved

>I fucking hate you cocksucker theorists
>I hate theorists
>theorists
>watch Rob Ager
Did I just take the bait or are you a moron?

And everywhere you go, you're followed by a creepy, atmospheric John Carpenter soundtrack foreshadowing your inevitable doom.

One of the few contenders.

Do you guys think all the boys fucked the gay black guy on the roller skates? Made him wear dresses and everyone took him on dates every day of the week?