Murders his own soldiers for trying to rape and take what rightfully belongs to them as the victors

>Murders his own soldiers for trying to rape and take what rightfully belongs to them as the victors

Why is he such a basedboy cuck?

Attached: B6C80BCC-C8CA-4584-9531-B4580BFE4EFE.png (1020x574, 593K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencenordic.com/was-rape-common-middle-ages
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>didn't fuck his auntie and 1 mil people got killed because of it
honestly Jon is a fucking retard

To the victor go the spoils. Perfectly acceptable in the world they are in.

>First men confirmed best race perfect spill of filthy magical forest elve blood and redpilled Hunan
>The Pentosi Valeryans are degenerates that sucked mana so hard they unleashed a super volcano eruption.

Easy there, psychopaths. Have sex.

Attached: edgy-character-now-thats-what-i-call-edgy.jpg (495x330, 34K)

Except that isn't true, plenty of civilizations punished their own for pillaging or raping.

Getting caught is another thing entirely.

>soldier is only 15 minutes into battle before he decides to take his union given 5 minute rape break for the hour
as a supervisor myself I find that to be worthy of contract termination, like come on man you've barely started working for the day and you are already taking a break? fuck outta here.

He's protecting his own people now that he knows that eventually he'll end as the king,

Don’t bother user. All they want to is shoehorn SJW /pol/ shit where it doesn’t belong. You can’t just hate a character for being a character anymore, it’s all some faggot lib conspiracy shit 24 hours a day.

war is rape and murder
fucking deal with it

>war is rape and murder
>source: your ass
I suppose you'd be okay with any war crime ever committed by any army?

t. leftypol discord tranny

Pillage and Rape is the stable of warfare.

Even the UN blue helmets rape people.

Rape is bad. White men are bad. They missed an opportunity by not making the Golden Army blacks or muslims though.

BASED. Fuck rapists.

Not at all. Even in the books Stannis castrated any of his men caught committing a rape.

Just admit you want an excuse to rape and murder instead of hiding behind some brainlet low caste justification like a scared little boy.

>rape
>war crime
god i can't fucking wait for WW3 i swear to god

>All they want to is shoehorn SJW /pol/ shit where it doesn’t belong.
Executing soldiers for rape is the /pol/ position, since those were Uncle Adolf's rules for the Wehrmacht. Pro-rape is firmly the communist position since it went unpunished in the Red Army.

No, he stopped his own men from raping, and when the guy turned on Jon, he killed him.

That's because they're inbred Muslim niggers

The truth hurts...

Roasties = BTFO

Women, especially SJW "woke" women, are low IQ and let their emotions control them

D&D redeemed themselves

The man had survived three wars, one of them including against the fucking undead. Now when he was finally going to get his just rewards against the Lannister fucking shits he gets killed for it???

>I-I can’t defend myself. I have to use Buzzwords
>reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Literally kill yourself licking uranium you'll experience the same thing WW3 will offer.

rape of the enemy is perfectly acceptable during times of war
if you disagree your women will be the ones getting raped

10/10

Attached: 1348704038233.jpg (706x517, 40K)

>people belongs to them because a crazy bitch put on fire the city
YAAAAS CRAZY QUEEEN

>raping civillians is perfectly acceptable yes I am a sadistic nigger I have no morals I'm a terrible human being don't let me baby sit your children
Your honestt has been duly noted, incel.

They basically didn't do anything. If anyone should be doing some rape, it should be drogon

NO YA DAFT NORVIN BASTIDS YA CAN'T JUST RAPE AN' MURDER THE PEOPLE THAT CHEERED NED STARK'S DEATH

Attached: 1503643302165.png (645x729, 216K)

>all these cucks actually believe an enemy is not going to rape during war because muh rape bad

Attached: 1557690712286.jpg (184x184, 7K)

t.300 lb man-titty neckbeard, go drink your onions

>Jon you must let him rape that civilian that is only getting victimized because dany lost her shit or else Sansa will be raped again and it will be beautiful

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

It's another "people expect backwater fantasy land to have western morality" episode. The kind of twisted morality where torture and murder are not as bad as rape is.

dany is their queen
she would burn those who refused to rape the enemy

not acceptable to king jon, you peasant incel

> edgy
> killing vs fucking

Attached: 1535114187176.jpg (969x540, 37K)

It's not rape, it's cultural enrichment

Attached: thisisbait.png (625x626, 66K)

That's because he and most of the characters received education in the parallel universe, in the California

Rape almost never happened from conquering armies, especially in the middle of a siege or battle. The rape from the term rape and pillage uses the archaic definition of the word which meant the wanton destruction or spoiling of a place and/or abduction of the people to sell as slaves.

>stable of warfare
it's staple retard

You're both fucking idiots.
While yes, it happened, the best commanders knew to punish mindless pillaging..
It's got nothing to do with morality. It's about discipline.

>Edge the post

I'm sure that soldier is very disciplined now that he's a corpse.

I also appreciate this post

The people were lied too. Also, what did all the children have to do with that? Nothing.

Well Jon couldn't exactly set up a fucking flogging post on the spot now could he?

He’s the real ONIONS knight

how about you go shove that quotations book up your ass.

reminder that Robert feared the dothraki horde, not because they would take his castle but because he knew they would rape and pillage the land beyond the safety of his walls

Attached: 1557162514440.jpg (585x696, 503K)

>All these edgy incels approving of rape and being the very thing SJW cunts accuse them of being.

>have sex
Duh? That's what they are saying retard

Because the soldier was a idiot, you dont rape someone during a fucking battle, even if the opposing surrenders. Anything after the battle has ended is fair game though

The soldier in question was about to attack his liege lord when the lord order him to stop, he obviously had to die. There is plenty of historical precedent for Lords trying , and almost always failing, to limit pillaging during the sack of a city. During the sack of Jerusalem during the first crusade, some lords gave their banners to civilians as protection, and they were still raped/killed. Of all the scenes this isn’t one to get triggered by.

He went fucking ballistic because he couldn’t get his dick wet. That guy got what was fucking coming to him.

war is the single justification for rape
if we were at war with china i would rape every slant eyed whore i lay my eyes on
its nothing personal its just business
WAR IS THE REALM OF MEN
HIDE YOUR WOMEN

Why does Jon who is so honor bound he couldn't lie to cersei in season 7 for two seconds wouldn't want his men to be rapists? You're blowing my mind over here with these eye openers.

Based Robert knew this would happen.

So really, this is all Varys' fault for not killing Viserys and Daenerys, and Ned's fault for being a dickhead.

You're a complete retard. This was unironically the reality of the situation in medieval times at least.

>war is the single justification for rape
It’s never justified faggot. Just kill the bitch and be done with it.

>Bad things happened in the past so I should support it now like an apologist.

thats a waste
you want to breed out the enemy and instill fear
women are cheap kills there's no honer in that

How the hell is murder a better fate than rape? Jesus Christ, it's awful but not that fucking awful. It's like the tainted purity thing women don't like but they say that kind of shit when rape is brought up.

It actually seems to happen from time to time in Westeros. Stannis gelds rapists in the novels. I think Tarly does as well.

Attached: agghhh.jpg (250x236, 4K)

>Just kill the bitch and be done with it.
Then fuck her corpse?

Idk man, there's a key step you're missing here. Somebody is getting fucked at some point. Make up your mind how that's gonna happen.

>if we were at war with china i would rape every slant eyed whore i lay my eyes on
The nips on Nankin already done that, then why couldn't you?

The only reward most soldiers had was that they get to rape the enemies women. Most soldiers joined the army exactly for that reason

Women would rather be dead then get raped because they live with it forever.

In reality, how long would they be allowed to take and pillage before the peasants began to question their loyalty to the cowardly king?

how come KING'S LANDING had no gold cloaks defending it?????
did Cersei disband them??

Attached: gold cloak cunt.jpg (406x634, 56K)

Dabid forgot about them

have you ever been raped? sucks desu.

And? Bad shit happens to everyone. People are abandoned by their parents, pimped, tortured, hurt, and abused.

Rape is just one thing on the list of bad shit that can happen to people and making it this much of a big fucking deal will just lead to more people killing themselves over it.

No it’s way more honorable to beat a helpless weak female and rape her. So honorable user

These aren't medieval times.

that was literally robert's fear

all they had to do was include a scene where he tells his men that no looting was allowed

happened in real life and soldiers where executed if they still did loot

>Implying a regular foot soldier grunt is going to give two shits about honor

> murder - fine
> fucking - evil
t. brainless dishwasher the unfucked, breaker of logic and mother of imbecility

>Bad things happen so you should be okay with promoting it like it’s completely normal and okay.

There are no kings in King's Landing.

HOW IS THIS STUPID SHOW GOING OVER YOUR HEAD ARE YOU LITERALLY BRAINDEAD

the only thing that pissed me off from the start of this show was the SHIT armor!!! what the fuck
the MINIATURE game has better armor designs than the hbo show

Attached: game of throne lannister.jpg (1024x770, 267K)

Yeah because GoT has been heavy on the moral lectures so far lol

Underrated

>Straw-manning, the post.
Go fuck yourself.

/d/rogon :)

i don't think jon would've supported that man killing her either desu

I see you can’t read faggot. They’re both fucked. But the woman would rather be dead then rape bait. Is that too hard for you to understand gridmark edgelord.

> Your lord interrupts you as you try to get the first rape in.
> Don't ask if he wants to go first or double up.
> Attack him and die.

They replaced the kingsguard with the blackedguard headed by the mountain
keep up

also
>no shields
Its just as bad as when wonder woman had no bayonets for ww1 movie

goldcloaks are city guard. not kingsguard

HHRR at its finest making hell for the humble worker.

>Can’t defend being a modern day rape apologist
Fags like are what give SJW’s ammunition to keep being turbo cunts.

This is a good point.
Is the idea here that a hard cock has so much control over men's actions that all rhyme and reason just fucking leave the building? Can we get a crumb of logic in any of this shitshow fucking god damn.

Depends. Let's take Romans for example.
If they city surrounded, it was a general's victory, so the spoilage was kinda limited.
If the city was conquered by strength of weapons, it was a soldiers victory, and looting was allowed.

The women will spread their legs to the conquerors for a can of tuna as they did most of the time.

Give me a pair of female twins for an experiment.
1st twin gets what wahmen are meant to get - my dick
2nd twin gets several punches in her face full force
Then we compare the amount of complaining.

To be fair, death wins since no complains...

what about euron you fucking cuck

source?

he was losing his mind since Dany and her goons were murdering and looting everyone while he believed himself to be a hero, so he overreacted and took it out on that guy

His ass.

careful with that edge though

>the only way to stop them from raping us is to rape them
Commissioner Gordon??

Attached: 1521903019773[1].jpg (273x252, 21K)

Don’t cut yourself user

D&D forgot that the guards of Kings Landing are goldcloaks and not Lannister soldiers

my bad then, I have no fucking clue guess DnD forgot

well, fucking wahmen is normal

In the middle ages pillaging and looting, as well as raping, was discouraged on moral reasons and punished, but it still happened, especially against people of different faiths or even just different denominations (proddy vs catholic)
The point is, Jon trying to stop it isn't out of modern sensibilities.
And he didn't kill him because he was trying to rape her. He killed him because the fucker lifted his steel against him.

Hearts and minds mate, something that people seemed to have forgotten the last few decades. Means you dont have to fight the 'liberated' population again a short while later.

>d
I think it was BUDGET reasons
or who knows maybe it will be mention in behind the scenes

Attached: game of thrones threesome.jpg (1440x961, 141K)

did you learn this on tumblr?

Worry not, user.

>Soldier tries to kill his own king
What the fuck was that?

this
He could have stabbed him in the back but he pulled him off and paused. Jon only cares about justice and he didnt even want to attack the civilians anyway

>C-comon user. Rape is just like consensual sex. Totally normal.
Convincing

What is the difference? You could always just get consent after, no big deal bro.

Based and corporate pilled

>have sex
>n-no not like that

>t. never read any history involving muslims
>probably hasn't read about 30 years war
>is probably actively suppressing knowledge of mongols
>doesn't even know chinese history

yes user, your understanding of arthurian fairy tales is probably a substitute for real history knowledge

All red army rapists from Berlin were executed you fucking retard

Rape is fake and gay

>In the middle ages pillaging and looting, as well as raping, was discouraged on moral reasons and punished,
no it wasn't lmao. the promise of pillage has always been one of the main ways to get people to fight for you, especially in the "middle ages"

Source?

Wrong.

Westoros is clearly based of fucking europe
If they had the horseniggers raping it would be fine

Yeah? Then what about the first crusade huh? Or the fourth? Or the 30 years war? None of this shit seems to be "discouraged" by the commanders.

i have an experiment

we chop off your dick and feed it to you

Pussy on the brain. Nigga wanted to do some fuggin whilst getting burnt to death by dragon fire.

>t.

Attached: slavlad.jpg (223x226, 7K)

>There are reports of the attackers setting fire to single houses to dislodge persistent defenders. That the fire then spread all over the city appears to have been unintended. By ten o'clock most of the city was on fire. General Tilly sent some soldiers to save the cathedral, where 1,000 survivors had fled. Most of the victims in the sack suffocated or burned to death. The wind fanned the flames, in the end destroying 1,700 of the city's 1,900 buildings.

>Amidst this inferno, many Imperial soldiers supposedly went out of control. The invading soldiers had not received payment for their service and demanded valuables from every household they encountered. There were reports of gang rapes of minors[7] and torture.[8]

>Of the 25,000 inhabitants, only 5,000 survived, at least 1,000 of these having fled into Magdeburg Cathedral and 600 into the Premonstratensian monastery.[7] Tilly finally ordered an end to the looting on 24 May, and a Catholic mass was celebrated at the Cathedral on the next day. For another fourteen days, charred bodies were dumped in the Elbe River to prevent disease.

I did in fact ignore muzzies, mongols and chinks because they're subhuman fuckers and I don't hold them to the same standards I hold actual civilized folk.
As for the thirty years war, I did mention that proddies vs catholics were some of the times when the worst was brought out.

>Mehmed II granted his soldiers three days to plunder the city, as he had promised them.[18]:145[43] Soldiers fought over the possession of some of the spoils of war.[44]:283 Most of the Greek women were raped and enslaved. According to the Venetian surgeon Nicolò Barbaro, "all through the day the Turks made a great slaughter of Christians through the city". According to Philip Mansel, widespread persecution of the city's civilian inhabitants took place, resulting in thousands of murders and rapes and 30,000 civilians being enslaved or forcibly deported.[45]

i want to see drogon anally rape Dany

Go read up on the crusaders and their attempts to stop the soldiers

>did you hear of "consensual sex"?
>nooo, it's not another made-up modern bullshit
Buzzwords

What's this from?

>murder good
>rape bad

Robert was the best character on the show AND he was right about everything.

>found none
Wow, amazing display of "superior culture" faggot.

looks like a wiki retard

he tried to attack his commander you fucking retard. Did you not notice how Jon didnt immidietly stab him but only did so after the dude leapt towards him

>soldiers commit what in most successful armies across the time was an offense punishable by execution, engaging in plundering before the battle is declared to be over, and are stupid enough to do before the eyes of the commander
>Wah, why did he execute them?

You're the cucks, user.

>wh*tey good
lol you are so stupid it's not even funny

Sure thing you pinko faggot. That's why you have accounts from every other allied army of the Soviet soldiers being allowed to rape women in the aftermath of taking Berlin and it's an accepted part of the historical record that this not only happened but was tacitly allowed. That's not even to mention the fact that they raped their way across Eastern Europe on their way to Germany. Go tell a Pole in person the reds didn't rape anyone. I'm sure they'll have words for you, or more likely they'll beat you until you're the same color as your rapist heroes.

>The invading soldiers had not received payment for their service
fair enough

>muslims
I just said westoros is strongly based on european culture stop applying dirty muslim rape tactics.
Im not saying rape never happened in european wars, but Jon was completely in the right to stop him.

correct. Too bad he was uninterested in ruling but when it came to matters of war he was on par with Tywin

Madgeburg, 30 years war

neva happen

t. triggered dishwasher

Women are essentially property. You can’t rape property. I suppose you could damage someone’s property which should come with a hefty fine.

>muh racism
Not my fault only European peoples and the Japs ever even tried to bring civility to warfare
Not that we always succeed. But we tried.
That's why Jon's actions make perfect sense. He's the type to try and to punish those that break his rules for engagement

>what is the fourth crusade
Keep deluding yourself larping faggot, europeans rape and pillage each other all the time during the medieval era. Maybe start reading some history book instead of fantasy retard.

>Apparently not. Once inside its walls the imperial army raged through the streets, killing everyone they encountered —men, women, children, armed or unarmed, it made no difference. Stampeding citizens were crushed to death on the bridges from the Borgo over the Tiber. Thirteen cardinals managed to reach Castel Sant’Angelo, as did hundreds more officials and ordinary citizens, but others fell off the drawbridge as it was being raised. Spanish troops broke into the Hospital of San Spirito and either killed the patients or cast them alive into the Tiber. The attackers looted and defiled the tombs of popes and saints, as well as many churches. They stole Constantine’s golden cross and the Sacred Lance of Longinus, believed to be the spear that had pierced Christ’s side. It was pointless to take refuge in churches—the imperialists slaughtered 500 men on the high altar in St. Peter’s.

>As the sack wore on, the invaders tortured householders and merchants to find out where they had hidden their wealth or to extract ransom money. In his biography of Rome, British historian Christopher Hibbert quotes Luigi Guicciardini, brother to the great Italian statesman and historian Francesco Guicciardini: “Many were suspended for hours by the arms; many were cruelly bound by the genitals; many were suspended by the feet high above the road or over the river, while their tormentors threatened to cut the cord.” People were branded, nailed in casks, had their teeth pulled; still others were forced to eat their own ears, noses or roasted testicles. Cardinals were not immune to such treatment. “Nuns,” writes Hibbert, “like other women, were violated, sold in the streets at auction and used as counters in games of chance. Mothers and fathers were forced to watch and even to assist at the multiple rapes of their daughters. Convents became brothels into which women of the upper classes were dragged and stripped.”

>Despite their oaths and the threat of excommunication, the Crusaders systematically violated the city's holy sanctuaries, destroying or stealing all they could lay hands on; nothing was spared, not even the tombs of the emperors inside the St Apostles church. The civilian population of Constantinople were subject to the Crusaders' ruthless lust for spoils and glory; thousands of them were killed in cold blood. Women, including nuns, were raped by the Crusader army, which also sacked churches, monasteries and convents. The very altars of these churches were smashed and torn to pieces for their gold and marble by the warriors.

>japs
>civilized
Kill yourself retarded weeb.

honk honk how does ur penis taste

honk honk you tell me

truth

I was speaking specifically to examples during the first crusade where lords tried to shield civilians during the sackings.
As for 1204, I got nothing.

Though by your own greentext
>Despite their oaths and the threat of excommunication
How can you say they weren't punished or held accountable?

because they weren't

People pretending women don't get raped after being conquered. It's one of the main forms of procreation until recent civilization.

Generally this shit happens the most when its against some other group. Usually race or religion. Fourth crusade, 30 years war, balkan wars, anything with muslims v christians. Its literally to breed them out.
And also how does any of this prove me wrong I am only saying Jons not going to see one of his soldiers raping and be ok with that.

You're the pro penis taster in this thread

filthy papists

wow i always knew you wanted to be dominated, that's ok though :)

Rape being acceptable in medieval times is a myth. Many armies had severe punishments if their men went around raping the locals.

>his own soldiers dont follow his orders

They deserve to die

Because none of them are punished and instead some become the new lord of thr latin empire, clear enough? Also stop being a weeb okay? Japs would gladly did the same in nanking to the americans if they have the chance.

war is always "your group" vs "some other group". just face it, raping and pillaging has been a natural part of every single real war in the history of our species. the idea that europeans were somehow above it is just infantile

>in your very post excommunication, which carried a heavy connotation back then, is mentioned
>ignoring the various punishments like flogging, gelding or straight up death commanders would give to undisciplined soldiers
>t-they w-weren't punished, Jon was acting like a modern cuck

You're really trying hard to push this narrative aren't you shitposter-kun?

THIS
If sex with the female human creature was to be "consensual", she'd have the exact same biology as a male. Instead she is made to be PENETRATED.

Even Book Stannis is extremely hard on his men for breaking the laws, let alone even fucking rape.

Dude seriously executes his men for resorting to cannabalism even though it's winter and they're starving. I'm not calling Stannis a cuck, but it's up to Jon to try to reel them back in since he is the leader of the Northern army. If your dog wants to rape another dog, you just don't let them do it. You tug on their collar and tell them that they're a bad boy.

Rape happens during wars whether you acknowledge it or not. Imagine marching with the boys for months without seeing vagina and suddenly you're in a town with defenseless women.
If China successfully annexes America, in 10 years the average American will be as slanted as the gap they came from.

ok so let's hear how the sack of constantinople was punished then

So you admit that europeans do commit rape and pillage? Then we're done here

>muh honorary aryan japs
fuck off retard

>instead of his command soldiers follow nigger dicklet
He is terrible leader, but he still did a right thing to punish at least someone for disobeying the orders
Or may be he is Dayne and realise that northerners are subhumans

Where did you come across this fact that you believe?

> japs.
> Rape babies then impale them on bayonets before using the corpse to beat the mother to death.
> Civilised warriors like in my animes.
Okay retard.

Anti-rape rules and regulations in medieval times are a myth.

>raping mutts
i hope they just genocide us tb.h

>liberate king's landing
>kill those whom you will liberate.

Nice

Except, none of them were punished? Maybe you should open a history book or two fucking imbecile.

That's not what he said
I said it
And yes, we were. Not always successfully, but we tried to be, which is more than shitskins can claim.
Which is why it makes perfect sense that Jon tried to stop his men while ShitWorm encouraged his. Cope.

All of them were excommunicated for it to my understanding.
Individual punishments wouldn't have been given because that army was mostly Venetian mercs.

It’s some /pol/ autist

>"WAAAAHH he didn't get to rape her, muh SJWs!"

>Raping in the middle of a battle instead of fighting
>Being angry at his liege instead of immediately falling back in line
he deserved all he got and worse

>b-b-but excommunication!
>meanwhile, the pope's city is invaded and his entire population raped by chad imperial troops

yea man you gotta watch out for those psychic pope excommunications, you better believe he saw you impregnate that nun in a house with your buds and he's putting it in a naughty list

Chinese propaganda. Glorious Nippon and their superior culture would never allow such degeneracy.

ChiCom propaganda

catholics vs catholics before nation states is much different to catholics vs heretics/heathens/niggers.
>raping and pillaging has been a natural part of every single real war in the history of our species
Im not saying it didnt happen for fucks sake im saying if caught they would be punished, and you keep ignoring the fact this is specifically about Jon, the king in the north, stopping one of his men from raping.

Have sex.

do you even know what excommunication is, let alone understand how the world worked before internet, government issued ID, etc?

You have to go back.

>b-b-but excommunication!
Yes, excommunication. In a time when the fear of God and hell was very fucking real and the average person couldn't even fucking read.
It's funny how you're accusing the writers in this specific scene of applying modern sensibilities to the show and yet you think the average soldier in the 13th century didn't fear things like being told he's going to hell.

>would never allow such degeneracy.
>what unit 731 is

not to mention it gives all your neighbours a casus belli to take your shit
t. eu4fag

lol ur acting under the assumption that china would ever annex the us in the first place

good job buddy, sounds like you've really thought out your stance

This desu if i saw my soldiers slacking off id be pissed

the entire premise of the twoiaf is it being a portrait of medieval times with some supernatural elements added in. rape, plunder and brigandage were explicitly rampant during the war of the five kings/the books

see Idk who you think I am, but I'm making fun of people who think war rape was some rare taboo thing. I don't give a shit about any accusation of "modern sensibilities."
Surely if all those uber-religious god fearing retards feared the pope so much, all those catholic germans and spaniards wouldn't have sacked Rome in 1527, right? Literally impossible. I wonder how it happened... it's almost as if you don't know a fucking thing about how people behaved or even what excommunication was.

not a single soul was excommunicated after the sack of constantinople

Banishment from all Catholic related organizations, communities or spiritual proceedings.

It's some incel fantasy that they will get to go around raping any woman they want if they are part of a raid.
Rape has never been seen as an acceptable practice. A reality sure, but accepted, no.

Vikings were the pinnacle of European culture and all they ever did was rape and pillage.

>catholics vs catholics before nation states is much different to catholics vs heretics/heathens/niggers
What the hell does this even had anything to do with what you're replying to?

They were threatened with it and it was done to my knowledge.
I don't quite understand how you're missing the point that the practice of rape and pillaging was discouraged and there were attempts to fucking control it, so in that sense, Jon's actions were not unjustified.
What part of this are you not understanding?

This article seems relevant.
sciencenordic.com/was-rape-common-middle-ages
>Hans Jacob Orning is an expert in the Middle Ages from the University of Oslo. He points out that researchers would have found far more evidence of rape in the extensive literature we have from the Middle Ages, if it had been common at that time.
>Indeed, rapists were subject to the strictest possible punishment under the law of the time. Rapists were wanted criminals.

>“If you had raped a woman, anyone could kill you without risking punishment themselves,” Orning says.

>war is always "your group" vs "some other group"
Im just saying in reference to the other posts about 4th crusade, 30 years war etc.

>They were threatened with it and it was done to my knowledge.
has it ever occured to you that perhaps you don't really know what you're talking about

>"actually murder was rare and barely happened in war! here's an article about how you'd get punished for killing your neighbor :) checkmate"

are you serious

He really wants to rape someone, clearly.

Reminder that Orthodox are subhumans and killing raping them is completely fine and right, there was not a single wrong done in 1204. They deserved it

because it wasn't discouraged nor punished you absolute retard. in fact it was one of the main ways a commander would motivate and reward his soldiers.

>wow look i made something up to prove my point arent you silly

So fine, the fuckers that took Constantinople in 1204 were animals
How does this change the fact that, AS A RULE, rape and pillaging was punished and controlled and even if it did happen, it was not acceptable. And thus, Jon's actions make sense.
How does posting cherry picked examples of when shit went south prove that the norm was otherwise?

Your argument was that rape was seen as acceptable. Now you are floundering on about how well guys would get away with it in the chaos of war.
No shit, guys get away with it now in the chaos of war. Does that mean we don't punish rapists as a society?

the entire argument is about rape and pillage in the context of war. are you really that dense?

Since you're too retarded, I'll spell it out for you:
Rules a community creates and enforces to stop rape has nothing to do with what those men do when their lord's lord marches them 500 miles and tells them to take the city and make the enemy suffer.

You.Fucking.Brainlet.

Which still wasn't seen as a normal acceptable practice. The part that you aren't getting.

Attached: 1523144990883.jpg (594x479, 46K)

And? It's true that europeans does rape and pillage each other, as far as i know during the fourth crusade there is no divide between the eastern and western church,only in the aftermath does the church split. It basically catholic vs catholic.

>One of the first references to the "laws of war", or "traditions of war" was by Cicero, who urged soldiers to observe the rules of war, since obeying the regulations separated the "men" from the "brutes". Conquering the riches and property of an enemy was regarded as legitimate reason for war in itself. Women were included with "property", since they were considered under the lawful ownership of a man, whether a father, husband, slave master, or guardian. In this context, the rape of a woman was considered a property crime committed against the man who owned the woman.[21]

>In the Middle Ages, and until the 19th century, this attitude and practice prevailed, and the legal protection of women in war time related indirectly to the legal protection women were granted in peace times. In medieval Europe, women were considered as an inferior gender by law.[31] The Catholic Church sought to prevent rape during feudal warfare through the institution of Peace and Truce of God which discouraged soldiers from attacking women and civilians in general and through the propagation of a Christianized version of chivalry ideal of a knight who protected innocents and did not engage in lawlessness.

>According to Fadl, Medieval Islamic military jurisprudence laid down severe penalties for those who committed rape.[32] The punishment for such crimes were severe, including death, regardless of the political convictions and religion of the perpetrator.[32]

>In 1159, John of Salisbury wrote Policraticus in an attempt to regulate the conduct of armies engaged in "justifiable" wars. Salisbury believed that acts of theft and "rapine" (property crimes) should receive the most severe punishment, but also believed that obeying a superior's commands whether legal or illegal, moral or immoral, was the ultimate duty of the soldier.[33]

I never said rape was "acceptable," and to what extent that happens to be true only applies to war. I've been saying rape was not rare in war, and was often encouraged and even used as incentive.

this is about scandinavia and not about mainland europe. lol @ thinking laws meant shit btw. werent vikings notorious for sailing down south and raping every woman they could find btw?
>"If we look at Scandinavia, there is no evidence that rape was more common in the Middle Ages than in the two centuries that followed,"
this means jack shit without knowing how common rape was in the two centuries that followed
>He points out that researchers would have found far more evidence of rape in the extensive literature we have from the Middle Ages, if it had been common at that time.
medieval literature had nothing to do with reality and much more with promoting chivalric ideals and, above all, making a good story. for example, army sizes are usually upscaled by a factor of 2-10 by medieval """historians""". entire plotlines in invasions were shamelessly invented just to make some supposedly "chivalric" noblemen look better and add some drama.

No, look, I can totally sue an enemy army for trespassing, because it's illegal!

The action of the crusader certainly did go unpunished, the first and the fourth.

And I'm telling you that's asinine.
It was discouraged. Given cherry picked examples does not change the fact that by and large, and especially during the medieval era in Christian lands, rape and pillaging was discouraged
It wasn't even about human or female rights. It was purely practical, and more about protecting property rights than protecting women and people as a whole.
But attempts were made to discourage it.

except it clearly was. this isn't even controversial, for most of human history pillaging was seen as the natural right of the conqueror and was an essential part in getting people to risk their lives for your cause. it's just such basic knowledge, the fact that you're denying it is honestly mindboggling. play less video games and take a history class

You know wrong.

This entire fucking argument started because some faggot claimed that Jon Snow's actions were motivated due to modern idealism
They weren't
Rape and pillaging was never fucking acceptable.
It happened, but it wasn't acceptable.

Sure buddy, cope harder.

>It basically catholic vs catholic.
>What is the east west schism
They both considered each other heretics

This, soldiers always cried during the rape.

>i have nothing to base my idea of medieval times on other than shows and movies
>hurr take a history class but ignore the absence of rape promotion
Fucking clown.

Remember when danny risked losing her army when she forced them to stop raping.

The writers sure don't.

What point are you trying to make? That when von Whofuckingcares took his 200 men and sieged the castle of van Whateverthefuck 30 miles away, they treated each other kinda okay? People have been throwing out the Fall of Constantinople to the turks, the sack by Crusaders, the sack of Rome in 1527. Every major siege you'd compare Kingslanding to in history is a clusterfuck of violence. How about you name a siege of grandiose scale that didn't have insane amount of rape you unbelievable faggot, if what we're doing is "cherry picking"

Remember when her army was a fucking steppe horde. Not western knights.
Fucking brainlet.

>the Japs ever even tried to bring civility to warfare

Attached: 3a1.png (604x476, 259K)

>slaughtering people is okay
>stealing their shit as "trophies" is okay
>burning down their houses is okay
>raping? Who do you think I am, Satan incarnate?

dont forget the fact that during 13th-14th century europe any form of government enforcement of law was completely out of the window. the majority of france basically spent its entire second half of the 14th century being either overun by brigandages (often retired english soldiers that stayed their after the war or french (!!) noblemen that went broke because of the war) or being overun by the english (keep in mind that teritorry control was of zero priority to army leaders, it was all about plundering and raping untill the enemy couldnt take it anymore and was forced to sign a peace treaty/surrender). powerful dukes and noblemen paying off brigandages or englishmen to get them out of their lands were common, "government" didnt have the power to do shit about them otherwise. multiple times the french king and even the pope (situated in avignon which was about to be plundered) paid massive amounts to companies to have them fight some useless war somewhere just so they would stop raping the land.

promotion? what the fuck are you even talking about rofl, why would it need to be promoted? do you think sherman went around passing out pro rape fliers to his men during his march to the sea?

Wanton slaughter wasn't promoted either, idiot.
You need those people first and foremost to tend the land and produce tax.
How are you going to do that if you kill all of them?

Whats up with this dumb cunt thought process swarming this thread, where people think it's inappropriate for backwater northman men trained to kill to flip their shit when the world around them is getting nuked by a mythical creature that breathes fire? Do you really believe at least one man wouldn't lose his marbles in the bloodbathed chaos and try to fuck some city bitch?

>Sharpe get the rope

Attached: 1083996_1343220353326_full[1].jpg (144x196, 4K)

None of the examples you gave had the men in command encouraging it you massive fucking faggot.
I swear to almighty Christ you were you dropped as a child you fucking nigger. If GoT can honestly confuse you this much, you must have.

>Vikings were the pinnacle of European culture
pagans get out

Attached: notre-dame-cathedral.jpg (2016x1512, 1.04M)

>generals used it as an incentive and promoted it to their armies and it was all perfectly acceptable
>they wouldn't write this type of promotion down though since it would make them look bad
Holy fuck, you are actually stupid.

This isn't about the rando soldier, it's about Jon's reactions you fucking assclown
Literally read the OP

have forced sex

they don't need to encourage it you fucking ape, they just need to let it happen. which they did the vast majority of the time. for large parts of human history, attempting to prevent looting would seriously put you at risk of being deserted by or even killed by your own men

im not but i am the other one. just finished reading pic related (not the most recent work but still a book from a pullitzer price for non-fiction winner) which largely focusses on the absolute inhumanity that was the norm during wars in 14th century europe and the government's completeinability to control its lands or people. this is what i am basing most of my claims on

Attached: distant mirror.jpg (260x390, 24K)

>Wanton slaughter wasn't promoted either
Good thing that there can be more than a thousand reasons for a soldier to kill a civilian in a conquered city.

>it wasnt discouraged nor punished

>heres some information saying it was discouraged, and if caught would be punished severely

>they didnt have the power to punish them properly and enforce the law

stop moving goalposts, rape was bad even back then. Thats all this was about. Rape happened in the past, it still happens now, people get away with it more at war, but it was not acceptable and was punished. Is this okay? What the fuck are we even arguing about anymore

Learn to read, i said before the fourth crusade.

i think you might actually be brain damaged. noboduy can be

Retard buddy, goolag the Great Schism, then do the same for Fourth Crusade, you dumb fucking moron. Then talk about COPING.

Also Orthodox even now call themselves catholic in clerical circles cause the official name is the Orthodox Catholic Church, you stupid little piece of shit.

What reality do you want? Rape is part of humanity. It's ugly, so is slavery but it's very much a part of human history and conquering another group.

Again, you are talking about individualism when you argued that it was promoted. Fuck off you dumb cunt.

no you didnt
>as far as i know during the fourth crusade
>DURING

it doesn't have to be promoted, how retarded can you possibly be?

armor is absolutely pointless in this show when it can't even protect against the shit tier weapons of the dothraki

IN ADDITION TO DO I REALLY NEED TO START CITING GHENGIS KHAN QUOTES, OR MUHAMMAD QUOTES?

I don't even know you, bitch. Go find your arch-nemesis somewhere else.

>raising a hand against your lord
He was right to kill him anyway

it wasnt me that made the first post you rartd. was my first interaction with you itt. in my eyes, we are arguing about the acceptability of rape in wartime in medieval europe. i think that this post is also relevant in my discussion with you

Read the thread you dumb cunts.

no because this about medieval europe you fucking ape
because westeros and ultimely Jons sense of justice is based on european ideals.

>“Women and children together totaled 8,000, and were quickly divided up amongst us, bringing smiles to Muslim faces at their lamentations. How many well-guarded women were profaned, how many queens were ruled, and nubile girls married, and noble women given away, and miserly women forced to give themselves, and women who’d been kept hidden stripped of their modesty, and proud women made ridiculous, and women kept in private now set in public, and free women occupied, and precious women used for hard work, and pretty things put to the test, and virgins dishonored and proud women deflowered… untamed ones tamed, and happy ones made to weep! How many noblemen took them as concubines…”

They didn't "let it happen"
You can't stop hundreds or even thousands of men in the heat of battle and you can punish them after but you'll never get them all
What you CAN do, and what was done, was make examples out of a few in an attempt to at least minimize it

I already said, I don't hold shitskins to the same standards as Europeans.
When Europeans do it, it's morally wrong
When shitskins do it, it's their nature. Can't be helped. Just kill them and move on.

Commies hate all men.
Fascists hate degenerate men.

What did this thread mean by this?

Attached: prequelfagsre.jpg (821x674, 31K)

>cope

Will this magically make me the evil bad wrong user you are arguing with? Fucking idiot.

yes, they clearly did let it happen as it was a normal part of medieval warfare. why would a commander try to stop it? what's their incentive?

>morally wrong
>when it has been pepetrated for hundreds of years of europeans history
Lmao this level of dellusion.

Go back and watch the scene again, retard. All he did was pull the northern soldier off of her and was like "back off" Gillette style. The soldier then moved aggressively toward him and Jon put him down. It's a quick scene but if you put your laptop down it's easy to spot.

>something that Muslims did
Yeah, everyone in this thread is a retard and doesn't get what was being discussed.

Im actually losing my mind, im a britbong and have been up since the episode aired the lack of sleep is getting to me.
So do we agree that it was not accepted by the vast majority and would be punished, regardless of whether that punishment is actually sentenced? Therefore looking at Jons actions isnt a modern viewpoint

slavery was done for hundred of years does that mean its not morally wrong

>slavery was done for hundred of years
And here goes American education!

>because something happened, it's morally right
You shouldn't have been born, but your faggot mother couldn't bother with a back alley, so here we fucking are.
What is and what should be are not the same fucking thing.

Because as a lord (who were always the commanders back then), you want to be able to rule and tax over the people without having them remember that one time their shit was stolen and their wives were fucked.
Also another important point being ignored is that they'd surrendered. Which adds an entirely different connotation.

Your ancestor certainly didn't feel that it was wrong to enslave and to rape other.

ok let me correct myself
slavery was done for thousands of years and in a very sloppy defence many hundreds make a thousand

>Entire point was to clear out the army and unite the kingdom
>The moment Danys autistic rage starts everyone starts seeing red and raping/murdering everything in sight
>Jon has to keep the soldiers under his command in line while grey worm goes full negro and the dothraki do what comes naturally by raping and pillaging

How do you know do you have a time machine?

>What is and what should be are not the same fucking thing.
No it's not, just found it funny that you faggot talk about the superiority of europe while silmultaniously condemn the practice of your ancestor based on 21st century moral. Also your insulylt is weak as shit faggot, i've met 15 years old with better wits than you imbecile.

>you want to be able to rule and tax over the people without having them remember that one time their shit was stolen and their wives were fucked.
a feudal lord has no right or ability to rule and tax people outside of his domain. you don't get to just annex territory like in a video game. and destroying the ability of other lords to collect taxes and rule by targeting the civilian population was literally the objective of a distinct type of medieval warfare called chevauchée or razzia.

Pretty sure Jon only stopped him
He killed him because the guy lunged at his fucking King

it wasnt accepted by those that had their wives raped, which makes sense. very much doubt any nobleman would actually sentence anything like jon did though, as his entire army (which consists of poor farmers that joined the army solely to rape and plunder) would be highly dissatisfied, probably largely desert to go out to rape and plunder the countryside and potentially turn on him (especially moments after he killed the rightful queen etc). i doubt a lot of army commanders had strong feelings about rape at all and even less so a will to act on those

Being a fucking faggot has been going on for thousands of years does that mean it's not morally wrong?

You strike me as a faggot who has a Virgin Windmill as his phone wallpaper.

I'm going to use this next time someone tells me 6 million kikes died in the holohoax.

you should look up sex biased ancestry sometime

Jons character is shown to be righteous and I dont think its out of his character in the slightest to prevent one he saw. He is the sort of commander who would tell his men to spare the women and children, but its not like he has eyes everywhere.

The greeks didnt think so
well when they were fucking shota boi pussy anyway
I already do

Retards don't understand political ideas.

Hasn't he been hanging out with wildlings while they were slaughtering people in North left and right?

got fag not knowing real shit

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

He's really pulling out that soiboy look perfectly.

>in the middle of a battle
>dragon flying around torching children
>have the advantage
>"fuck it, this lass looks a right tart, I'm having her right now"

I understood that reference

Its not like he had much of a choice he was a prisoner until his mate let him kill him to gain their trust.
Even then if one of the wildings raped someone elses wife they would get fucked up by the husband and his gang. They do raid for women but thats because theyre uncivilized savages

>medieval islamic jurisprudence laid down severe penalties for those who committed rape

What a giganric load of horseshit, first of all like 1 sultan in the ottoman empire did it, second of all it was medieval jurisprudence and not islamic in any way, the second it shifted a tiny bit less secular rape was back on the menu

/pol/fags are sandniggers

Everything that happens after the bells is a war crime.

Yeh women are necessary to raise up the next generation and move the world forward, its their noble duty and they get the honor of civility in war in exchange. Whats wrong with that?

I was just pulling shit from wikipedia, i wouldnt trust a muslim who didnt rape anyway

they were going to die anyways, she is fucking mad, and dead too

>Threadly reminder:

This ENTIRE EPISODE was pointless because Dragonbitch could have just burnt the red keep in stead of burning the city (to no benefit)

Attached: 1553331555163.gif (200x200, 1.89M)

>war starts
>someone rings a bell
>the attacking army has to leave now because otherwise they will be committing war crimes
Dunno why they didnt think of this before

but she got angry

So, basically, what you're saying is that wildlings don't see anything wrong with raping people and Jon has been buddy-buddy with them to the point of an alliance now?
How does it feel to be in denial about both fictional AND real history?

The bell was literally agreed upon to be-- and everyone on both sides knew this, including Dany-- was agreed to be surrender. It was a white flag. The battle was over in that moment, and Dany won.

Everything after that is murdering prisoners of war, which is a war crime.

Jon has been buddy buddy and forced them to act civilized when south of the wall. Wildings are probably ok with rape, but like i said theyre uncivilized and were told to not fucking do that under jons command

>which is a war crime
According to what? Geneva convention?

Im suprised cersei didnt ring it earlier desu for this exact thing to happen

>muh war crimes
>in medieval warfare
it wasnt like anyone made a big problem of slaughtering thousands of innocents after a city was sacked in medieval times. youre out of touch with the degree of humanity in some previous ages.

Don't blame the Greeks for your terrible logic.

Yes.

>it's not a war crime because there was no Geneva
That's like saying "slavery wasn't evil before Abe Lincoln," and I know some smartass user is about to weigh in with some clever racist shit, but the point stands.

Once the other side surrenders, if you keep killing, you are a tyrant. You are a Mad King.

No i blame that on my lack of sleep at the moment
faggot

>slavery
>racist
Your mind is a mess.

and there it is

>ignoring his point to make fun of something he said because he assumed someone on Yea Forums would take any opportunity to make a nigger joke

jesus christ youre a mess
"crime" is defined by law, its not some sort of general moral/ethic statement you can always use. in medieval times, no one gave a fuck about rape or killing peasants during warfare, cost of doing business. was it "criminal" by modern standards of law? yes, is this relevant to the show or actual medieval actors? no not at all.

you should go to war first fatass degenerate incel before you start spouting retarded bullshit

>she is fucking mad
Like all women? The D keeps them down, and Jon couldn't get it up.

Its just semantics whethers it called a crime or just a universally accepted unjust act it doesnt matter