What was the point? Wasn't this character meant to represent the people in our lives who've suffered abuse...

What was the point? Wasn't this character meant to represent the people in our lives who've suffered abuse? Wasn't he supposed to show the audience the horrors of PTSD and the extent to which people will hurt those around them in order to cover up their own insecurities and fears? Wasn't his demeanor and lifestyle meant to be a facade which distracted you from the fact he was the same scared little boy whose face was pushed into the flames all those years ago? Wasn't he meant to face his cowardice and accept who he really was? Not the feared killer he pretended to be, but the vulnerable and sensitive man he's afraid to admit being? Wasn't he meant to find purpose in Arya and use her as a vector to confront his demons?

Instead he had an anime fight with a zombie on some CGI stairs while a dragon breathed fire in the background.

Attached: file.png (800x563, 729K)

he and Jaime are the epitome of the show

8 seasons of shit building to a clear payoff, only for it to get subverted and suckerpunched right out of existence

Some people keep praising this. It was terrible. I'm mad

he showed Arya that revenge will ruin you

It was the best thing in the whole damn episode.

>What was the point? Wasn't this character meant to represent the people in our lives who've suffered abuse?

All seems fine to me then, most people like that eventually self-destruct in the end after a "getting better" phase, just like Hound did.

>Wasn't he supposed to show the audience the horrors of PTSD and the extent to which people will hurt those around them in order to cover up their own insecurities and fears?
PTSD and "muh fee fees insecurities" don't even have a name in Westeros, reddit burgerfag.
>le show is not about my modern stuff :((((
Commit suicide, you filthy soiboi.

But how did revenge ruin him? They didn't show him consumed by revenge. They didn't show him making senseless decisions because of some blind hatred. They showed him very calmly ride to Kings Landing with Arya at his side, a ride which the show tells us takes an entire month. Then when they get there he says "actually you should probably go do something else."

well put this character was well drawn but didn't need the redemption imo he passed that to Arya, over all the episode was pretty shit no need for jamie to face off against the pirate for pretty much no reason and turning danny into an emo tyrant cause she cant fuck her bro is beyond the pale

>Then when they get there he says "actually you should probably go do something else."
Yea, I'm not sure if you noticed this tiny little thing. Nothing important, just the fact that THE RED KEEP WAS FUCKING COLLAPSING AND UNDER DRAGON FIRE.

The point was to save Arya
She'll be a better person, more similar to her child self instead of the utter cunt she's been lately, because of him

real life has no point
stop complaining about realism in fantasy

Sandor Clegane is the perfect metaphor for the entire show

>They didn't show him consumed by revenge.
Are you deaf dumb and blind? He was going into the enemy capital, and even after he realized there was no way of coming back, he kept going on, just to kill his brother

>criticisms makes valid points about storytelling and themes
>fanboys use in-universe arguments to justify bad writing
All GoT discussion summarized.

YOURE RIGHT AND I WILL ALWAYS BE ANGRY ABOUT IT

No. Most people, particularly those who find love and/or God, stick with their progress and are able to become marginally better people. His arc as it exists in the show was not realistic or satisfying

>escapes king's landing cause he's tired of the shit
>could go straight to find Gregor and kill him cause evidently that's the only thing that makes him happy
>decides to kidnap arya
>decides to join brotherhood
>decides to go north of wall
>"i just wanna kill the mountain"
fuck this show

Attached: krabs.jpg (1024x732, 82K)

One of the best moments this whole season was his last worst to Arya and The Lannister bros saying their goodbyes for the last time. Everything else was shit.

Yes, it's meant to represent people who have suffered abuse but not in a shitty "everything will end up fine" way, but in a grim and pessimistic way. It's the fact that he couldn't outgrow his need for revenge, to the point where he's ready to die just to get a taste of it, that makes this character so tragic and his arc feel so genuine. He did go through a lot and grew a lot as an individual since leaving KL, only to find that trauma and vengeance are so central to his character that if he lets it go, there's nothing left.

It's a good concept. Shitty execution, as has become expected from GOT, but there's nothing wrong with it in principle.

>he expected the Hound to find Jesus
Thank god you're not in charge of writing the show

should've died in s4

Attached: thisfuckingdog.jpg (620x388, 31K)

>He did go through a lot and grew a lot as an individual since leaving KL, only to find that trauma and vengeance are so central to his character that if he lets it go, there's nothing left.
If this was the fucking message, they sure did a shit job of conveying it to the audience. In episode 3 he's able to overcome his cowardice by thinking about Arya instead of himself. Then 5 minutes later it's "I only care about one thing, killing my brother who I probably had 100 opportunities to kill over the course of my life and also never really talk about anymore."

oh shut up twat