We finally did it Tolkien bros. 8 long years of this shit all over our board, but the beast is finally dead...

We finally did it Tolkien bros. 8 long years of this shit all over our board, but the beast is finally dead. Get in here to celebrate.

Attached: sam_and_rosie_at_their_wedding1[1].png (665x384, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IlmiRndxkU8
reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bnwqo7/congratulations_to_the_best_fantasy_series_of_all/
youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY
youtube.com/watch?v=GhzBsDAG8CU
youtube.com/watch?v=2jJnyyta07k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based sam getting the shortstack

>he doesn't know

hell yeah

wasn't sam lowkey gay though

>top 10 characters roasties don't understand

Attached: 200.gif (506x200, 3.09M)

>sharing your bro's load is gay
I think you need to go back to your game of thrones subreddit, this is a lotr thread

>Loving your best friend like a brother
>That clearly also means you wanna fuck him in the ass
Just fucking launch the nukes already Kim.

You think this is over? Ooh no, it has only begun.

Attached: 1557718638570.png (1150x114, 15K)

thread theme
youtu.be/IlmiRndxkU8

>lowkey
Back to your normie social media pit faggot

Based samposter

I still remember all these 'le smart progressive intellectuals' saying GoT was FINALLY an INTELLIGENT fantasy story.

Eat shit you cretins.

Attached: 1503514474355.png (391x462, 114K)

>

Attached: vice.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

>oh mr. frodo, put the ring on just this once mr. frodo, oh you're so brave mr. frodo
>oh sam, you're so funny
>OH MR. FRODO I'M GOING TO CUM with you to mordor MR FRODO I'M CUMMING AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
>NO SAM THIS IS MY BURDEN
>NO MR. FRODO SHARE THE LOAD MR. FRODO

Attached: 331247.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Literally me.

sam & frodo are absolutely GAY in the books, all they do on the way to mount doom is cuddle and kiss each other. they toned down the gayness in the films by introducing rosie right at the beginning, but i guess it wasn't enough.

>samefagging

pls be in london

>having this image saved on your computer

Attached: 1556331095500.png (680x697, 948K)

schizo

I wish this movie had more women in it.

>sam & frodo are absolutely GAY in the books

I don't think you understand close relationships between straight men.

>projecting

fine, bisexual
no need to be that pedantic you autists

>he thinks a strict catholic author is going to write his main character as gay
retardation is a choice

Attached: 1520252599428.png (403x448, 53K)

GoT fags BTFO

reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bnwqo7/congratulations_to_the_best_fantasy_series_of_all/

just come rest your head in my lap while i stroke your hair and gaze longingly into your eyes bro.

>strict catholic
oh right, definitely not gay then

based

I am very fucking livid

t. souless woman who don't understand friendship

sam: got to see the oliphaunts
cersei: did not get to see the elephants

Attached: 1555956426650.jpg (634x456, 116K)

WE
DID
IT
SHIRE BROS!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY

He was bi. Frodo was the cool faggot while Sam was the bi.

Finally, after all these years, we have become The Lord of the Ring (TM).

U N D E F E A T E D

>got cancer dead, even normalfags hate it
>amazon show about second age, will either be good addition or able to be ignored as non-canon bullshit
Feels good bros

Also, threadly reminder feanor did nothing wrong

Attached: Feanor's_Last_Stand.jpg (433x599, 136K)

Will Tolkien ever be dethroned?

>muh getting triggered by tax policy

No. The high fantasy genre begins and ends with him.

>turns out the tax policy truly doesn't matter after all.

GRRM BTFO.

It's only peer, which he would acknowledge himself, is the aeons of ancient mythology that he was attempting to rekindle and embody through his work.

Any newer fantasy is a lesser genre. Tolkien was doing something much older and more substantial.

Those fuckin' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a fucking volcano.

That look was so gay. I thought Sam was gonna tell the little hobbits to take a walk so he could saunter over to Frodo and suck his fucking cock. Now *that* would have been an Academy Award worthy ending.

Attached: 1418397074365.jpg (1196x496, 71K)

it’s undeniable

Attached: A4A49F2A-7409-44CF-9968-9BF7C6598835.jpg (640x211, 154K)

>win by doing nothing but cracking jokes, sharing stories, and enduring through it all

Like a true Shirefolk would

Attached: 1508189109735.png (404x411, 214K)

Under the Mountain dark and tall,
The king has come into his hall.
His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread,
And ever so his foes shall fall!

Attached: pumpkin4.png (1254x517, 733K)

Attached: TN-Rivendell[1].jpg (1300x1107, 435K)

what
said. Tolkien wasn't trying to start some book genre. He spent his life passionately studying Northern European mythology and trying to pay his own respects to the ancient tales he helped translate and dictate to students. The Lord of the Rings was his way of capturing the spirit of storytelling in modern times when the modern era was all about ripping apart convention and virtue.

Absolutely based.

Attached: silmarils.jpg (327x324, 26K)

Attached: TN-Fire_on_Weathertop[1].jpg (1280x816, 132K)

It's over, bros. We're going home.

Attached: 1540007066874.jpg (999x823, 163K)

Attached: TN-The_Argonath[1].jpg (933x960, 166K)

Tolkien was like the Beatles, and Queen.

Like the Beatles because they started their genres. Like Queen because everyone loves them.

Also the Beatles are shitty people, unlike Tolkien

Attached: TN-The_Riders_of_Rohan[1].jpg (1280x935, 299K)

Attached: TN-Through_the_Marshes[1].jpg (1280x897, 160K)

Attached: TN-Gandalf_and_the_Balrog_Upon_Celebdil[1].jpg (880x1036, 580K)

based elephant, fuck hippos

>Sam_and_Roastie.png

Zoz

fuck this fat gay cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=GhzBsDAG8CU
Unpopular opinion, despite some flaws with CGI and useless love-story between Kili and Feanoring first and second Hobbits were nice, with great shots and adventure atmosphere.

>happy married
>lots of kids
>gay

>saunter over

HahHahahhajajajajajahhahahahaha

Attached: TN-The_Wrath_of_the_Ents[1].jpg (1280x766, 203K)

never

Attached: 1452828853733.jpg (1920x801, 238K)

Attached: TN-Sam_Enters_Mordor_Alone[1].jpg (540x960, 66K)

This reminds me, if I'm not mistaken, didn't Eru himself bring Gandalf back from the dead after the balrog fight?
Why didn't Eru just fucking erase Sauron from existence?
>ThinkingHobbit.jpg

So when do we get Wheel of Time?

Get in line buddy, the Black Company needs its time.

>Why didn't Eru just fucking erase Sauron from existence?
Because he cannot do it without destroying the rest of Midfdle Earth

>love is only sexual in nature
What's wrong with you people?

OP's thread is correct. But everyone suggesting thread themes has been wrong so far.

THIS is the thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=2jJnyyta07k

Long live the king.

Attached: 1420.jpg (400x589, 35K)

Would rather not, I can already see the twitter screen cap threads

Where's my BotNS?

Attached: Book of the New Sun.jpg (602x858, 412K)

>People will look back and quote these threads when Rand goes on his madness rampage

Was there a wedding tax?

Attached: TN-Minas_Tirith_at_Dawn[1].jpg (1300x932, 356K)

No but you can make a one-time gift of no more than 5000 Gondorian marks to your spouse, tax-free.

>The soldiers actually stayed behind the walls

You have to go back to twitter.

Hows BotNS compare to the Black Company? I liked the first trilogy of books from Black Company but fell off after that.

The one thing neither the books nor the show have ever mastered is beauty. That's something Tolkien knew, but Martin doesn't, and D&D don't know either. There's a lot of sadness and suffering LOTR, but it's also beautiful, in both the books and the films. And the beauty makes the sadness sadder and the heroic actions more heroic, because it makes you realize just what everybody's fighting for. It makes you realize that there are things in the world worth fighting and dying to preserve.

Attached: lothlorien-2.jpg (1000x426, 144K)

Attached: TN-At_the_Foot_of_Mount_Doom[1].jpg (1123x960, 288K)

People like Martin don't *believe* in beauty, because it suggests something good or true or higher. Or at least, they try to pretend they don't believe in it. And yeah, there was a decided ugliness about GoT.

It's completely different on every level and you need to have an three-digit IQ to understand it.
I can easily recommend it to you if you have the stomach for not getting off easy.

Attached: Severian.jpg (2235x3173, 1.17M)

Its better, they don't even compare.

I mean, Martin's constantly dwelling on ugliness - of the world, of character - is entirely based in his atheism. It's him saying "LOOK AT THIS UGLINESS. LOOK AT IT. SEE?? THIS MEANS THERE MUST BE NO GOD."

It's like the guys who spam ugly stuff on this board. Same motivation, same inner orientation and relationship to God.

I don't believe in God but I'm driven by an aesthetic sense and wish to see things that are beautiful and pleasant. Why is this?

They're sodomites.

Attached: tranny brainwash.jpg (622x2193, 438K)

Attached: TN-Eowyn_and_the_Nazgul[1].jpg (953x809, 246K)

Isn't Eru banking on Middle Earth being destroyed anyways so he can make a second song with the Ainur?

oops misquote, but I gotta get to bed bros. Just remember, it's finally our time again

Attached: TN-The_Blue_Wizards_Journeying_East[1].jpg (1158x734, 540K)

The Books are better than the films, Tolkien would've hated them. He never wanted the reader to feel and see the world through despair and doom, if you very much liked the films then you are going to Love what Tolkien achieved in his works.

Top quality bait
You're still a fag though

>I'm driven by an aesthetic sense and wish to see things that are beautiful and pleasant. Why is this?
That desire to see the beautiful and pleasant is akin to that of seeing God manifest into the physical world. All that is good and beautiful is a testament to the act of creation. That is why many early Christian sects preserved and built works of art and architecture. It's to let people see the beauty of existence.

Okay but I don't believe in God though.

Attached: Divin.png (1728x1082, 3.9M)