Veep Finale

So nobody is going to talk about the HBO show with good writing that finished today?

Attached: Veep.jpg (1200x675, 105K)

Great episode. Tonally it was a bit odd -- it didn't feel quite right -- but it was still a good way to end the show.

wait it was not cancelled long ago?

FUCK THAT CUNT
FUCK THAT SHOW
AND FUCK YOU

Yeah its a shame they had to shorten the season though. It was really great

oh shit i didnt realize today was the last one. Sad!

Nope seven season and show ended tonight

why does everyone here hate the show? i made another thread about it and everyone told me what shit it was

Redditors unironically. They're all here for Game of Plebs

Because people here get real touchy about political jokes. It's weird, this show has never mentioned political parties. You don't know if they're republicans or democrats. You read into it what you want.

I would guess /pol/ misunderstanding it as a super liberal show and the rest of Yea Forums thinking it is a feminist power trip instead of the opposite.
Although season 1 was probably the weakest, not because it was bad but it just gets better and better

I guess because, this season, Jonah was obviously supposed to mock Trump's populism, so poltards get triggered

>a feminist power trip instead of the opposite
exactly, Selena literally hates feminism

Its obvious Selina is a dem but it is super irrelevant because she doesn't even have a strong position on abortion either way

I don't think I've ever seen anybody discuss this show, literally nobody actually watches Veep

>Stop whining and man up
I like it when they actually give Selina her good debate moments, it really explains some of her success
Jonah losing his dad was kinda sad desu despite it being really rushed in both ways. Either way Selina pulls Trump and Clinton and she is the protagonist

What is there to discuss? It's a good, well written comedy. People watch it. Life moves on.

The only strong position that anyone in this show has held is whatever will get them elected.

Jonah's descent to being a pox-ridden sister fucker is my favorite character arc.

Yea Forums ignores a lot of things for capeshit, does not mean capeshit is not shit

And he was right about the sharia math.

best character

Attached: gary-cole-in-veep-via-hbo_wide-c14b0d3c251c24c62055d0a97d606d50a4b23a3c-s800-c85.jpg (800x449, 59K)

Love Veep, decent but rushed finale. It's funny that you can actually directly compare this show to Go - complex political maneuvering, dozens of side characters, clever dialogue- even if it's an outright farce, it does all those things a mile better, pretty much everything is clear if you pay attention. Also, Gary putting the lipstick on Selena's coffin was more dramatically effective than anything in this season of GoT

based Jonah literally reflecting the will of actual Ameritards

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-05-11-at-16.18.36.jpg (314x402, 27K)

i stopped watching after the ridiculous season finale where the GOP vice-presidential candidate somehow ended up becoming president. seemed like with iannuci leaving they were taking a hard turn away from nuanced satire of american politics toward dumb wacky comedy

one of my favorite shows back in the day. might eventually do a rewatch from the beginning and include the seasons i missed

The math thing was golden

just watched the first episode this season and Jonah's first scene may be the GOAT comedy scene

I got a little tear at that Dubonnet line.

Great finale. Literally BTFO Hillary and everybody like her in politics. Perfect ending for this character and her story. Exact opposite of what GoT is doing.

So Talbot did 2 terms, Richard is about to start his second one with the Peace Nobel Prize (aka better Obama), Selina did one term and somehow Jonah got impeached (meaning he had to be elected at one point, right?).

It was a good ride overall. I picked up this show some time ago and I'm happy to have stayed until the end. Some lesser moments of course, but eh I laughed and at the end that was its purpose.
Also this.

>daughter is fucking your lookalike
Pretty hot ngl

It's a good show and the only decent comedy in years.

The thick of it fags
The people who never watched it fags
The women as a main character fags
The politically sensitive fags
The FAGS

I'm not positive but I would guess that Congress can impeach a Vice President as well. But, yeah, they might also have been suggesting he became President and was impeached. Doesn't make much difference to his story.

Shows tend not to get seven seasons if nobody is watching....Unless you're High Maintenance

Disagree

Attached: rs_1024x759-160721114956-1024.Peter-MacNicol-Veep.ms.072116.jpg (1024x759, 48K)

How is thick of it? I've been considering watching it for Capaldi

Best minor character

Attached: Sherman.png (816x772, 759K)

Don't forget based Selina permanently overturned same-sex marriage.

It's good but some of the comedy is lost because of unfamiliar politics.

If you understand how the house of lords works is it better?

wrong

Attached: veep bakkedahl.jpg (640x386, 96K)

In a show where Richard was able to secure the job and win a re-election campaign, you just know Jonah as president might have happened. That's hilarious in its own fact desu.

I felt I lost out on some jokes. Also watch the movie In The Loop which is a tie in

OH yeah she came through with what seemed the most unreasonable campaign promise of all. I guess in her last sigh you can guess Selina felt kinda bad about it all at the end though.

I like to think he did.

I feel so fucking bad for Gary

Like another user said above, more emotional impact than any of the (((subversion))) of game of thrones' final season has been capable of so far.

Congress can impeach the Vice President or any federal official (civil officer)

Yeah wasn't expecting that

Yeah that's what I thought.

And it was actual political intrigue. God I thought Gary's lowest was Selina stealing his hunting story

Wut. She dies.

I'm glad they did something even more (and even more personal to a lot of Americans) to show how absent of any convictions she really is, on top of how she offered Tibet back to China in the previous episode. If there was any doubt that she genuinely doesn't care about "the people," that made it perfectly clear.

Yeah the most "political intrigue" we've really gotten from GoT was Sansa telling Tyrion "the secret" but they've pretty much given up on "playing the game of thrones" at this point.

based Dan dating a smoke show one third his age in the future

It's a 24+4 years later thing, iirc.

Like two decades in the future at an ambiguous age
Yeah, there's a reason only the first book was called game of thrones. Daenary's killing people at the ring of a bell isn't intrigue

VEEP IS HILARIOUS

THE BEST PARTS ARE LEFTOIDS MOCKING LEFTOIDISM, WITH IMPECCABLE ACCURACY

VERY INSIDER BASEBALL

Okay, thanks. Still catching up. On the season where she becomes president and her body double is fucking her kid.

Tibet is pretty sad, but you are right the gay marriage thing really hits the no morals thing as hard as it can. Honestly though overturning that is hugely impressive since it could only have been through a series of fuck ups.

I honestly expected Richard to become President much earlier.

Dan basically became the new Andrew without Selina baggage
Which I do wonder what Andrew did since he is not dead

I still think they probably should have just ended the show with season 5 when Armando Iannucci left but this was still a decent and fun season, even if it felt a bit too fast paced and rushed.

Also, the fact that it's still in effect at her funeral is a clear statement about how dangerous and powerful these people really are. And they don't fucking care about you. Based messaging.

I was about to bring up Andrew's fly-by at the very end too. I assume he was probably just chilling in the Bahamas this whole time.

Or maybe he "miraculously survived" the yacht explosion. Once Gary took the fall for the Meyer Fund and it was probably safe for him to come back.

Think she'll get an emmy? She actually gave a great performance in this episode IMO. She knew what she was doing was awful but she did it anyway.

Attached: veep.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 128K)

Season 5 was Selina's perfect ending, but it left all the other characters wanting in conclusion. I'm glad the show gave both options for an ending to the story

Her destroying Amy and Kent in this episode certainly was a scene that gives her a great shot.

Crazy that if she wins, she would have an Emmy every season.

Also that at the end of the day its people like Sherman Tanz that keep winning. They may never take ultimate power, but they don't need to. They have the money they need to live, the connections to shape the world, and the ruthless nature to always seek what they want and get it. The person that got the most "power" in a straightforward sense was Selina, but she had to ruthlessly whore herself out for it.

That scene was great. It also reminded me of earlier this season when she was yelling at her daughter and came up with "man up."

Does she have strong competition from any other female lead?

Like you (I assume), I also don't watch enough female-led comedies to know. But regardless of anything else that happened in the past, I do think she really gave a great performance this season.

Definitely Rachel Brosnahan. She is great in Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

Catherine's story arc was just so great. Props to the actress honestly. It should be a case study on how to handle a punching bag role, and transform such a role into something great.

True. those characters were mostly ancillary to the show but, just like the rest of the show, they were depicted in a pretty based way.

I really don't think this show could get greenlit today. Selina would have to be a much better person or else it wouldn't be feminist enough.

Is that show really worth picking up? I saw that it got quite a few Emmys last year. There are always a few shows that get over praised. Is this one a genuine good thing? I've seen the webms but I guess it is not just a Jewish comic showing her tiddies.

Pretty much every actor on this show was fantastic honestly.

Unironically hope she does. Consistently good comedy for 8 seasons and the character was both memorable and fantastic.

Yeah, I mean the show has great acting and writing but she is the linchpin. Every time the show needed someone to sell it she blew it away. Honestly its really damn funny on a meta level, since Julia does such a good job I almost believe she could out Hillary Hillary with ease as a real world politician.

Cracking up the margaritas as they watch the funeral on TV was such a good conclusion. Poor/Based Richard Jr stuck with them with his bio dad being Prez.

True but she came from money and is richer than God thanks to Seinfeld, and I think if playing this role has taught her anything it's that it's better to be the rich jewish guy who can freely stroll from one campaign's hotel suite right across the hall to the other based on whoever it looks like is going to win. Like what this user was talking about.

>tfw Veep and Barry are way better than GoT but people act like HBO only has one good show.

I don't know if I would want it greenlit today tbqh. It started at the right time to capture a political transformation in the country while also showing nothing really changed, it honestly could not have been done better.
Selina only makes sense as someone who considers simultaneous gropings as a nuisance while somewhat complimentary, and that would not fly now

High Maintenance just costs nothing to make tho

THE DOG'S POV EPISODE OF HIGH MAINTENANCE WAS GREAT

All he wants is prison reform, a noble man

The closest thing to VEEP we could get today would be something like Jonah Ryan the series. But it would be too focused on beating up on him to make him a real three dimensional character like Selina was.

kino

Attached: veep.s07e07.1080p.web.h264-memento.mkv_snapshot_44.35_[2019.05.13_00.01.20].jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

I'm sad that this one is over and Barry finishes up next week. But I'm more than happy to let GoT die.
I usually try to watch the 30 minutes shows that go along big shows, that's how I discovered The Brink, Ballers, Divorce, Insecure, Silicon Valley, Vice Principals in the last years. You got some shitty ones included, but sometimes you get a gem like Veep or Barry.

I would highly recommend it. The production values alone would make it worth watching, but the characters and comedy is great too.

It's one of the shows that deserves the praise. Great writing.

Thanks fren, will torrent it soon enough.

>The Brink
BANNONKINO

>Silicon Valley, Vice Principals
TOP HBO COMEDY

NO COMMENT ON THE REST, BECAUSE ITS SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

BUT HADEN CHURCH IS OK IN DIVORCE

Honestly it really showed how great the show was that even when having Jonah basically be the Trump surrogate, he was still his character and had dimensions. He wasn't just pure evil and was willing to chill out when his dad asked him to. Unfortunately his dad died. I'm glad he found his step half sister wife, really the perfect person for him.

Oh goddamn, I just put together them bringing back the him taking a bullet for her thing
Actual kino

>show is called veep
>main character is only veep for 3 out of 7 seasons

Got a nigga crying TONIGHT

>Vice principals was fantastic
>Silicon valley is good too but it's overstaying it's welcome
>Insecure was ok in its first season and shit afterwards

Haven't watched the others. Big little lies is a guilty pleasure as it's just a high budget soap opera

Veep is great. Based thread.

pretty sure the poll was meant for this

Attached: an.png (354x500, 42K)

The actor did a great job not leaning too hard on the "i'm the evil alt right guy now" thing. Some of the stupid things he said and did (not just political things) actually made you pity him more than hate or even laugh at him.

>Reddit
>Not /pol/ finding a reason to screech about SJW’s, tranny’s, and be rape apologists.

Have you even been to the other threads?

Timothy Simons has been great the entire run of the show. His character existed to be shit on for the first 6 seasons and the last couple developments were hilarious

The Thick of It is the superior original. Veep is basically The Office US

>yeah that's right, 2019
DAN SNEEDGAN
Missed him mocking Jonah, kino duo.

Attached: chuck & sneed.jpg (600x333, 73K)

Watched the first episode and literally could not understand any of their accents

Him calling his dad a loser at his own funeral being so obviously a wounded a child lashing out from being abandoned was really well done writing and acting

The show worked better in the first few seasons. Since the show did not explicitly mention any of the two political parties, the storylines of the first few seasons made sense, such as choosing a yogurt flavor for the press, or the veep becoming a meme. But as the show goes on, it becomes more political while still keeping the framework of “no political parties”, which hurt the show. It became confusing, especially since they mention presidents such as Reagan and Clinton.

I think Seasons 1 and 2 (and maybe 3) are really good political satire, while the rest falters due to the show’s set limitations.

Have never watched VEEP in my life but enjoyed The Thick of It, In The Loop and Death of Stalin. Will I like VEEP?

Yes.

I disagree. Like any great show, whether comedy or drama, the "plot" (in this case politics) fades into the background during the best scenes, and it just becomes a show about people. Veep does this very too.

The last time they spoke as friends

>Yogurt
Yoghurt. I don't really think it was limited by its no parties thing, and in fact I think it helped its political satire. The whole point is these people have no real principles, and that all of them are just playing a game with each other at the end. So the satire actually progresses pretty naturally
>Selina wants to pass fillibuster reform
>Doesn't care how
>Teams up with Senator O'brien in return for a bunch of his immigration stuff
>Selina picks the guy who she screwed over going to O'brien and worked with before for filibuster before for Veep
>O'brien comes back as straight forward opponent
>Montez comes along as a fake hispanic to counter O'brien seeming racist
>Fake hispanic wins as VP of an anti hispanic hawk fucking over everyone
The whole point is choosing a yogurt flavor is a meaningful as a choice as any political issue, since it is all just a calculus for power without meaning