GRRM has already finished book 6 and 7, but struck an agreement with D&D

Based George, he wasn't so lazy after all, just wanted more money.

youtu.be/FeftoI3c81c?t=1901

Attached: george_rr_martin_photo_mark_davis_wireimage_via_getty_images_164117282_resized.jpg (1022x1200, 217K)

Now how would some old actor be the only one to announce this?

He doesn't care about NDA

Surely someone will be in trouble for that

Martin didn’t finish shit. This is the ending you’ll have forever. Martinfags BTFO

If this is true I will forgive ser too fat to sit a horse

Only a fool takes him at his word

>outjewing the jews
Bravo.

This will be the ending, with a little more flavor text so you nerds can feel special. This is it, just abridged.

I think it makes sense, everyone will be talking about GoT for the next couple weeks, probably the best time to release the books and get as many sales as possible.

>2 minutes later
>mentions how he talked to George about Barristan's arc "in season 1"
Ian doesn't know George or anyone who knows what's going on. He's just parroting rumors.

Who would have thought the author would be the one to win the Game of Thrones?

Bullshit, I'll believe it when I hold the book in my hands. And even if he did, the books might not have be as big of a shitshow as the TV series, but they have still been stuck in a boring convoluted plotline for two books now. Daily reminder that pic related is from the last Dany chapter for ADWD. This is the great cliffhanger we were left with for almost ten years now, in a series that used to be lauded as a page turner.

Attached: tumblr_n4shexQiwm1tav7g4o1_1280.png (951x357, 21K)

I don't get why people feel like Martin gave up on the series completely just because he tuned out of following the show. He could even just be under contract not to publish the books until after the series is finished. He mentioned he was even finishing A Dream of Spring after putting the finishing touches on The Winds of Winter.

Are the books really that far behind? It would make sense that the remaining books are at least skeletonized by now since I doubt D&D came up with any meaningful lore by themselves.

Before putting the finishing touches on Winds of Winter*

WHY ARE YOU TELLING EVERYONE THIS?

NOW HE IS GOING TO PUSH BACK THE RELEASE DATES TILL NEXT DECADE YOU FUCKING DISGUSTING PIG!!!!!!!!

My boy Sandy will finish it off.

>shitting brown water

Lol

Attached: 1557721368526.jpg (828x626, 35K)

Oh yeah, the books are way behind. Going from memory, I believe Dany is still in Meereen, Jon has been killed but hasn't been res'd yet, Arya is still blind and in Braavos. It's way behind, and I'm thinking if he tries to finish the series in two books, it'll be as rushed as the show, even if we do see another book, we'll never get a book ending.

There were rumors about GRRM and D&D getting into arguments and D&D dismissing him. My opinion is that he might have delayed the books on purpose to fuck with D&D while still collecting the royalty checks. Now that D&D is fucking up the ending, I wouldn't be surprised if the books came out very soon after the final episode.

here is the deal, we make the worst season of television ever made so fans will hate and buy the book. you give us 10% on your book sales because our career is over.

cope

That makes more sense than "He literally gave up on his pet project."

I figure something's simple as
"Hey we want to be done with GoT and we'll do a different ending, can you hold up on the books so it wont steal the ratings?"
"Sure."

Done

he's already gone and redesigned the look of the characters with tabletop games, and he already doesn't like where the show is going but stuck with an agreement. Makes sense his books will be different.

I've seen worse seasons tbqhwy

in comparison to the other ones, this is the biggest gap.
i did watch dexter

So youre telling me theres a chance Stannis could get the ending he deserved?