I mean is anyone actually surprised?

I mean is anyone actually surprised?

Attached: E75AF72E-C06F-4D23-AD58-01704AE41531.jpg (749x926, 93K)

No. Everyone saw this coming, except the actual characters from the Westeros who thought she was actually a good guy. They just never saw her in action outside of the skirmish which was the Wagons

>killing those people is the same as killing innocent women and children

AYYY LMAO

It's a matter of perspective.

I'm not surprised that she did it, I'm disappointed that her reason for doing it was fucking dumb.

How tho?

>advisors/friends all dying around
>constantly being told to be merciful from everyone around her and it backfiring
>give cersei chances upon chances and keeps getting betrayed
>caught up in a war she wasn't supposed to be a part of

She had a pretty bad fucking week. Lost pretty much everything (except drogon), is bought into her "destiny" such that she can justify this stuff. Mad with grief.

Honestly it felt alright to me.

>Enemy surrendered, better go destroy the city I've just won control over
>doesn't even try to kill Cersei

meant to @

Her mouse slipped and hit "Raze" instead of "Loot and Occupy"

Attached: Warhammer-settlement-decisions.jpg (1362x763, 1016K)

The problem is Dani already knew Cersei was a joyless cunt who didn't give a shit about any of her people. Tyrion literally says as much in front of her an episode ago. So what actual purpose did she have for killing all those people? If Cersei doesn't care than it's just butchering for the sake of butchering against people who have done nothing to her while the person she hates the most watches and feels jack shit. If she went straight for the red keep and crashed it down upon a ton of innocent people that's one thing. Roasting the entire city doesn't even make sense for a crazy bitch.

all of those people had reasons to burn

the civilians had no reason other than dany is the damn joker now son!

Trash normie meme

What's with all the black speak around this show?!

Attached: 20190513_060734.png (1422x1980, 1.07M)

Nobody noticing the wildfire caches exploding?

We’re they intentional?

>all things done with a reason and easily justified
vs
>lol dude just kill everyone

This

People here giving some horrid reasons why Dany being this way is bad.

Everyone she has cared about is dieing or betraying her. She is alone in the world now. Alone and Angry. Anyone would turn like this with enough suffering.

I applaud what was done here.

No, there's supposed to be a shit ton of it in King's Landing stored away. That was a rare moment of consistency. I half expected the whole episode to be about Dany accidentally lighting up some of that, but it was just a few bursts

but they played triumphant music when she killed people in previous seasons so she was clearly a good guy then, why is she suddenly a bad guy now? I don't understand

Maybe the point is, there are no good guys and bad guys, just a bunch of assholes who want the throne.

the mad king placed caches of it hidden around the city and the fire detonated them all, it was a nice touch

Probably no significance. Maybe Cersei planned to use it for the battle, but most likely the wildfire was just sitting around and blew up because the city got fucked.

so now that the scorpions are gone and nobody left can really hope to handle that dragon, i guess the dragon will live to grow old at this point? otherwise i guess arya could like teleport behind him and stab him in the tail or some shit

bad week = character turns into a mass murderer

very good writing. slow realistic build ups suck. I'd turn into hitler too if 2 of my friends die and my bf no longer wanted my pusy

Those all had pretty clear reasons because those people all personally wronged her. Burning of King's Landing was supposed to be something that would be avoided and it could have been easily avoided. The show made her do it because she was upset about her life.

One is fine and/or good and another is bad

I guess the mad king got his wishes

People are judging this by modern morals. mongols would slaughter entire cities ofmillions. People who heard the mongols were coming would mass suicide. Dothraki are kinf of like mongols. Loads of times Dany has wanted to kill every last motherfucker and her advisors like Jorah etc have counselled her against it, but they're all dead now.

they chose to serve as human shield to a vile bitch

reminder she killed varys, the ultimate good guy, for wanting the best for the realm

How did the master of the unsullied in astapor personally wrong her? how did the leaders in vaes dothrak personally wrong her? how did the Tarlys personally wrong her? remember, Randyll Tarly fought for the Targs in Bobby's Rebellion, and Dany rewarded him with death

Which perspective?

When she said she wanted to break “the wheel” of Westeros she wasn’t kidding, she blew it up

But that's dumb if you frame it in a way where dani has nothing to gain from killing these people. Again if Dani went straight for the Red Keep and we watch it fall and crush hundreds of people like a ye olde 9/11 that's still an asshole move, but it's bad in a way that makes sense. What Dani did makes zero sense and the fact that Cersei provoked her while also trying to hide behind the people of the city is even dumber. The only reason this happened was because everyone involved couldn't plan for shit.

Dude, they Danny's army was going to murder them.

More than anything I have no idea how she even has Dothraki left. It seemed pretty clear there were none that survived that charge into a zombie hoard earlier, but I guess she was just hiding a bunch of them somewhere.

femoids on twitter

She said it herself, no one loves her there. In the east her freed slave crew were lifting her up and hailing her a s a god queen. In the West, no one gives a shit abotu her, so she killed em all. It's not about what she has to gain from it, it's about " these people don't love me, so I'll kill them" and at least then whoever is left will fear her. She's always been an asshole.

When you have a dragon, every problem looks like it needs burning.

The reasons her friends died and all her plans backfiring were also all fucking retarded.

>So what actual purpose did she have for killing all those people?

Dany has been backed into a corner now that Jon's lineage is public knowledge. Even if she takes the Iron Throne, his reputation in Westeros and claim to the throne fatally undermines any authority she could presume to have. Her whole campaign to be ruler of the Seven Kingdoms is basically dead in the water.

I take her decision to burn KL largely as an expression of "If after everything I've gone through to get this place I still cannot have it, then no one can have it either...."

I tohught it was a bit lame how they set up the scorpions to be a threat, then her plan against the iron fleet was, "let's juts hope they miss". At least they could have found some ancient dragon armor and shown a couple of bolts bouncing off as she attacked. That bit was rushed over.

Yeah, they didn't love her because she didn't liberate them. She literally had a chance to liberate a fuck ton of people right there and she threw it away, because the writing fucking sucks now. The war was one, she had one person left to burn, maybe two if she wanted Sansa's head after all this. Like I'm not arguing that she doesn't have reasons, but they're still shitty reasons.

But dude it was foreshadowed by one or two cherrypicked lines

Didn't the unsullied masters want to backtrack on the deal and/or just rape her? Also didn't the dothraki abandon her after Drogo died?

The Tarlys is one where the battle was over and it was an ultimatum during peace talks essentially, or rather PoW negotiations. I wouldn't have a problem with a scenario where after the battle is won for Dany she gives the same option she gave the people left alive in King's Landing

All those killings stem from "the ends justify the means" type of thinking. The type of thinking that drives everyone in war, ruthless people, both Hitler and Churchill. The winner gets to write history and become the "good guy". That's it.

>I take her decision
Here's the thing, the fact that people are having to try and find reasons why she did it is why it's bad writing. We the audience are having to make up reasons for them doing what they are doing. All it would have taken is literally one line of Danearys saying just that, "if i can't have it then no one can", or something. She's always shown signs of wanting to kill anyone who opposed her, but also has always been built up as someone who would ultimately be a good ruler, not someone who would genocide an entire city, just because.

>burning slavers, people who betrayed her, or her outright enemies vs. burning a bunch of innocent civilians who had surrendered when the war was already won
i'm not opposed to the mad queen ending but you're retarded if you think it was well lead into

The Masters of Unsullied were slavers who abducted children from birth, castrated them, and forced them into a upbringing where they had to murder babies and puppies to harden them for no reason other than to make a profit. While they didn't personally wrong Dany, they were evil by really any measure.

Kill one person, kill another, innocent or not, it's pretty much the same. You're a psychopath if you think otherwise. It's the reason the civilized world has gotten rid of the death penalty.

no you're very much retarded if you think killing a person under any circumstances are automatically equivalent.

Unsullied Masters wanted to trade their super expensive elite army for one dragon, so she chimped out and stole the army
Dothraki culture says that when Khaleesi lose their Khals they retire to Vaes Dothrak and just chill. She didn't like that the culture she adopted suddenly didn't support her vision so she burned everything down.
There's no need to kill Lord PoWs, especially when they're just doing what they've pledged to do
She's fucked and has always been crazy, the writers just framed it as good/heroic deeds so people wouldn't look too far into her actions

ethically, it is, go read kant, incel

she chimped out on them because they bragged about how they castrated child slaves and impressed them into fighting for them

she led a mob of not-Mongols, she wasn't exactly a paragon of virtue herself

>go read my philosopher who says it's okay
nah fuck off how about you explain this to me. so if a guy breaks into my house, rapes and murders my mother and wife before torturing my children to death and I kill him in revenge, you're saying that's the moral equivalent of killing some random kid I see on the street?

> it was a nice touch

Literally everyone involved in producing this gave 100%. Except the writers.

>burns the wagon train
??????????????

I make my own ethics and killing a dude for fun and killing a dude who is trying to kill you is ethically not the same

not saying she was but the unsullied masters were hardly blameless. though I don't think the not-mongols ever did anything evil when under her command, most of them abandoned her when khal drogo died.

Unsullied Masters were definitely scum but they did nothing personally to her

jon snow executes a bunch of people, including a child. among the reasons are disobedience and mutiny.
the thematic elements never portrayed those moments of moral conundrums, and they certainly always portrays daenerys as heroic when she burned people (not helped by the uplifting musical score in the early seasons).

>Dothraki culture says that when Khaleesi lose their Khals they retire to Vaes Dothrak and just chill.
They don't just chill; they become respected wisewomen for the entire Dothraki population. But Daenerys didn't want to get stuck with the "old shrivelled crones", so she torched it all. The signs were there since her proclamation to "break the wheel", because such radical, extreme changes to the government never end well.

yeah they never personally wronged her but I don't think killing them is particularly evil either. she knew about what they did to the Unsullied and it clearly disgusted her and motivated her heavily in killing them. It's certainly well outside the range of burning down a bunch of women and children for no reason other than sadism.

yeah, your feelings on the matter bear no effect on the objective ethical and metaphysical outcome of snuffing a life from existance

chaos is a ladder

t.IDF

>all life is precious
nah

that's simply morals, ethics is an universal, unchanging and irrefutable matter

says who faggot?

kant

he's full of shit

ethics and morals are interchangeable terms, I can't be bothered linking even such a simple source as wikipedia, but you can do it yourself if you like.

That poor innocent wagon train

Attached: dragon noises.png (207x240, 57K)

he's an incel, he's literally /ourguy/

first google result of "difference between morality and ethics" proves you wrong

Yeah maybe you're right. I'll put it like this; I liked her reasons for burning in those scenarios better than the reasons presented here. Those felt like I could put them in a chaotic good category, even the Tarly situation, while this feels like chaotic evil just because it seems based entirely on neuroticism

>objective
>ethics
Ya blew it

Eh, my only real problem with the death penalty is that sometimes people get wrongly convicted, and the financial cost isn't worth it. I think it's kind of absurd to say that a person can't deserve to die in a general sense, but the problem is you can't trust anyone to actually do it.

imagine not knowing the difference between murdering rich cunts and murdering normal cunts

Niggers steal anything of value. The people still watching the show aren't the same as the people that started it.

yeah agreed. even if you thought her burnings before were morally unsound it was at least easy to see her reasoning and why she did it. here she's just burning the entire kingdom for nothing but sadism. I guess you can make an argument she's trying to rule by fear but after seeing your dragon burn down the entire fleet and castle walls that seems unnecessary.

>he's an incel, he's literally /ourguy/

Attached: 7e68bc770a9780bbe6e59b7322….jpg (250x230, 6K)

the scene with arya standing in the aftermath all covered in dust reminded me of 9/11. This was like 9/11 x 1000. Danearys did 911000

Is there one thing that been bothering me for a while, people been saying that Dany going mad makes no sense, but did everyone forgot how she fucking killed HER BROTHER at the beginning of the series?

she didn't kill viserys, Drogo did, and he was literally threatened to murder her moments prior.

Dany didn't kill anyone, it was her dragon.

She had no reason to burn Vaes Dothrak. But they had to have the mean men say sexist things so all the sudden she'd have justification for killing them. This happens so often in the fucking show it's ridiculous. Same thing happened in Astapor too. Guy calls her a bitch and that's enough for her to burn him and kill everyone in the city and steal the unsullied. Same thing happened with Arya killing Trant. Had to have him suddenly say some pedo shit to remind the Audience that we're supposed to hate him. Even though it would have been enough for Arya to want to kill him because he killed Syrio. Why did it need to be more than?

dumb comparison tbqh since she's controlling the dragon

>Same thing happened with Arya killing Trant. Had to have him suddenly say some pedo shit to remind the Audience that we're supposed to hate him. Even though it would have been enough for Arya to want to kill him because he killed Syrio. Why did it need to be more than?
was probably because they were adapting the scene from the book where she kills raff the sweetling, who is a pedo, but they just merged the characters.

Well both of them were alive, and now they aren't.

Even if you argue that is is crazy to kill people in any circumstance, at least there was a reason for that killing. There was no explicable reason for her to systematically destroy the entire city , literally mowing down streets of regular folk who had nothnig to do with it except they just happened to live there.

>I swear officer, it was society that killed all those people

>comparing the slave masters to the common innocent people
Yeah Yea Forums is too fucking retarded for me. You guys are contrarians of the highest order.

This ones good too

Attached: A0383299-E160-4FED-89FE-AF428A62387B.jpg (750x890, 135K)

>Little Lady stripped of all her titles live a childhood of relative comodities on a relativley savage continent
>Shit tard brother fill your growing up years with fantasy talks about their heritage.
>Only to sell you like a whore the moment your first blood came to a full savage.
>Journey across that continent learning about the grey areas of civilization, tradition, constantly orbiting on the expectrum of society status (eg. Given power after being practically raped by Drogo)
>Start to get acostumed to savage tradition, start to respect it.
>Finally arrive to your dream home
>Every advisor from old continent dies
>Left with a soldier with no balls nor brains as her only loyal friend
>Already broke several wheels on the other side of the sea, what's one more.

She was already más seasons ago, almost all Targs are, a mix of inbreeding and a couple of really bad days. Aerys was no different. Went más because of his children dying and constante rebellions. But all Targs are genetically inferior, thus actual retards not fit for ruling a civil continent, their only claim to the throne is magical blood.

A life is a life. None of the people in this show is an ethical person. Before the enlightenment we basically lived in perpetual barbarism disguised by veils like "honor", etc.

whites cannot be innocent.
You see, you can't be innocent if you are in position of power and who benefit the most out of the current system.

literally anime tier logic

>caught up in a war she wasn't supposed to be a part of
She invaded Westros.

huh...? She's the one who invaded Westeros LOL she wanted to be part of that war you silly goose

>muh innocent
It literally doesn't matter my dude, you're supposed to feel something even when you're cutting the throat of a murderer, she clearly doesn't, so long as she doesn't have a strong moral compass then nothing will stop her from actually killing the innocent if it works for what she wants to do, I don't know why this is a hard thing to understand.

I mean, the slave liberating probably already had innocent people dying because of her and she didn't give that much of a fuck.

>implying anime isn't the superior medium
Yea Forums owns the site faggot.

>There was no explicable reason for her to systematically destroy the entire city , literally mowing down streets of regular folk who had nothnig to do with it except they just happened to live there.
Except for the lulz

Attached: got tv thread.jpg (713x249, 61K)

Mirri Maz Durr dindu nuffin

>its okay that Danny burned the whole city of innocent people because she was really upset

Kek women "logic"

>season 1
evil witch
>season 2
evil, white oppressor who tried to steal her dragons
>season 3
evil slavers
>season 4
evil slavers
>season 5
evil slavers and also, one good argue, "rich people."
>season 6
"men"
>season 7 & 8
yup

people were fine with season 1 - 5 because it was all about burning "oppression." and they bought into it because they were so happy to see a strong, independent black (white) women who needs no man literately burning oppressors. it gave them a massive hard on.

Wasn’t season 2 with the witch? Iirc dany barely had any screen time that season and it was only to deal with that guy. It only sticks out in my mind because it was one of the first instances of actual magic in the show

I'm not surprised.
And that's why I'm disappointed. Not in her but in the writing.
This show is supposed to subvert my expectations not meet them.
The events of this season have been more predictable than a fucking marvel movie.

no, it was season 1.

From my point of view the children are evil!

That's what she literally did on Pentos,constantly, remembers how they wanted the arena back after she abolished shit. She killed people because their traditions did not go to well with her beliefs, most taken from a vile spoiler brother and savages.
Matter of perspectives, this show is all about that.
Starks are the only fuckers that don't want globalization to shit on their comfy honor warrior soceity. That's why they make good kings.

>Twitter meme
>Reddit Show
this board sucks

She chose to involve herself by going to westeros in the first place lol

We literally see Dorthraki fleeing back to Winterfell after the charge

No, but the show runners did an awful job at depicting her decent into madness.

Joker had one bad day

>reddit meme

real question
why would anyone choose anything other than just "Occupy"?

She crucified children in the book and gives Cleos, her ally, the go ahead to make new unsullied with the children of Astapori masters. She’s scum.

Everyone except feminists who started in season 5 knew that was coming.

Sometimes you need the quick injection of money

if you ever are in that position, you already lost

>pentos
Opinion discarded