When the character development happens off screen

>when the character development happens off screen

Attached: character development.png (2475x1256, 3.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NmUEZ9bCPbs?t=304
youtube.com/watch?v=BuFmzgK5nD0
youtube.com/watch?v=3CWJNqyub3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

J

Attached: was_it_rape.jpg (640x360, 68K)

8 seasons and they flip the mad queen switch in the last second

lmao

bravo

I still love her bros

Attached: 1557695577169.jpg (639x607, 82K)

Probably the biggest cop out in TV history

Maybe she was just on her period. Amirite guys?

I really REALLY want to have sex with her.

Is that bad?

Thinking of all the annoying assholes posting this in replies to roasties and them getting infuriated by it is literally making my dick twitch and get hard

You do know there have been a large amount of hints towards this happening in the books right? It honestly didn't come to a surprise to me.

Emmy actually did pretty good this season, easily her best acting since season one

it's obvious in the show too if you're not retarded
her losing it over bells however is a bit strange

Reminder this is what this show is

Pic related

Attached: E99B8C10-E937-4216-9480-C3335D027174.jpg (720x486, 32K)

nobody is surprised you retard. its awful storytelling to build this character arc of someone who is born to be evil and slowly becomes rational then unravels because bells and some nigger got killed and jon snow is popular. throwing a character arc out the window isn't automatically good like ned stark. it has to make sense in the story like ned starks death.

no, they have been building this since season two. Vision in the house of the undying... its all been there....14626966

Yes, in the books. Not the show. And even in the show, objectively Dany has been trash from the beginning if you look at her actions and their consequences. However, the show always glossed over that and presented her with the YASS QUEEN imagine, including having characters like Jorah, Tyrion, and Varys constantly sucking her dick and telling her how wise and just and good she was.

She was actually a shitty tyrant with psychotic tendencies right from the beginning. But what changed is how the show decided to present these actions and behaviors. It's really fucking contrived.

except her arc has been the complete opposite. you plebs are stupid. they changed directions.

only retards who look at bits and pieces think GoT is a good show. as a whole the show is full of plot holes, recasting, massive alterations in creative direction and incompetence.

but if you only think about it week to week and turn your brain off its a masterpiece!!!!!!!!

>happens off screen

you dumb fuck, it started with burning the tarlys alive for refusing to bend the knee to her

she has always been a brutal tyrant who kills people who oppose her, the difference is now the victims are more sympathetic

she was also shown becoming increasingly jealous that jon was beloved, when she was used to being the center of love and attention as QUEEENNN

Attached: Daenyrus.png (857x480, 713K)

that scene is literally where GoT jumped the shark. thanks for proving my point. her character has no reason to do that at that point other than shock and awe for killing off characters you expected to live.

No shit it wasn't surprising to anyone. But she went from fighting to save humanity to just randomly killing peasants in a couple weeks when signaled by a bell.

her character has been consistent. she wants the adoration and love of the people, its what her entire life is based around

anytime someone opposed her, she burned them alive, as soon as she had the dragons to do it

they just painted everyone who opposed her as a villain, so nobody blamed her until now

she dies in the next episode

she hasn't slowly become rational, that's the point. she has always solved problems by setting them on fire. the execution sucked but it was always building to this.

They dont have the books and the fine details are missing.
How can you people be that ignorant?
The show is far from perfect and doesnt explain everything since they cant use the books for it.

Nice trips btw

so allying with cersei when cersei wanted to kill her was not rational. you people can't grasp anything more than what happened last week. please stop voicing your opinions.

>they just painted everyone who opposed her as a villain, so nobody blamed her until now
THIS. The only difference is framing. She's always been ruthless and a terrible leader. Look at the entire Slaver's Bay arc, where she rolls right in, crucifies everyone, and the city descends into anarchy and madness and mass starvation. But the show's writing still presents her as noble because "muh freed slaves!" and never even makes an attempt to point out how what she did just caused more trouble and solved nothing.

Only difference now is that the writing has decided to start acknowleding Dany being a shit ruler.

she acted noble by giving people freedom and her stupidty caused problems and you justify that as being a psycho. you people are truly brain damaged.

Man I wanna fuck mentally unstable Dany so bad, she is hotter here than she was is season one, god damn dude

Attached: 1551775054739.jpg (1600x1200, 252K)

The way she acted in slaver's bay was indeed psychotic.
>she acted noble by giving people freedom
lmao, yass queen slay. get the fuck off my board, faggot.

She was always planning to come back and Burn Cersei, She only ever showed any mercy because it made people love her. and it's all she cared about her

>fan of GoT
>get off Yea Forums

ill leave if you do the world a favour and pull the trigger nigger

>one decision she made after her advisors begged her to
>this was shortly after burning surrendering prisoners alive
>But the show's writing still presents her as noble because "muh freed slaves!" and never even makes an attempt to point out how what she did just caused more trouble and solved nothing.
i mean they kind of did. they had that one guy tell her that while crucifying people randomly she had crucified several people who were opposed to slavery. pretty sure there was some mention of freed slaves basically selling themselves back into slavery as they had no where else to go and the whole thing was handled by her so poorly. i agree that they show has portrayed her as righteous and "badass" but i really think the bigger problem is how random it is in this episode. you could make a few minor changes to the set up and i'd have no problem with it(still plenty of other problems this season)

Hints are fine, but it still needed to be developed beyond just hints.

she was planning on murdering cersei as soon as the dead were gone

she wanted to kill the dead so she could have a kingdom to rule over

You're right, there were a small handful of points hinting that what she was doing was shit. But the point I'm making is that the writing overwhelmingly portrayed her in a positive light. Look at how characters like Tyrion and Varys, who are supposed to be smart realpolitik types, did nothing but gush over Dany and talk about how wonderful and just and kind she is, all the while she's during her drakaris bullshit. The few times the writing throws her some shade were nothing in comparison.

id love to see a GoT spinoff with the mad king where he frees slaves one episode then kills everyone because someone is more popular than him.

count the dubs and trips I've gotten in this thread you stupid fags.

the show is garbage. none of the characters are consistent like you say. the show got popular because it subversion and they abused that to shock you. now you fucking brainlets use every instance of character inconsistencies to prove whatever point you want.

truth is every character does stupid shit and smart shit but none of them are consistent past season 4.

>it started with burning the tarlys alive for refusing to bend the knee to her
the bells were the metaphor of the city bending the knee to her

Can someone spoil it to me if jonathan snow kills her?

She said herself, she needs to rule by fear. Didn't spill enough blood. Wanted Cersei dead, and everyone to know Never Ever Be Evil Again.

Do you remember the Others, and wights, and some catastrophic event that apparently happened everywhere in the world 8000 years ago?
What the point of dragons returning, magic reappearing?
Do you think these magic and prophecies are intended to be blue balls by GRRM?
Would anyone ever make a tale out of this (not really) long night?
What's Bran tax policies?

They're right you dumb fuck. You're the one who should stop voicing your shitty opinion.

everything in i described in meereen happened in season 4. if that's too late for you, in season 2 she threatens to destroy qarth when she isn't allowed into the city. in season 1 she sets a woman on fire while swearing that her enemies will die screaming
i'm not even defending the show, but you being too stupid to pick up on repeated character traits is on you
i've personally always thought she was a lunatic, and will admit the show seeming to portray her as otherwise kind of baffled me. the optimistic read of it is that they were attempting to portray events from her perspective, and thus made them seem better than they are. more realistically, they fucked up while clumsily attempting to adapt something that was already being hinted at in the books, wouldn't be the first time

season 8 is like when you get asked to work on something else you like better and then just say, "fuck it lets just end this shit"

All hail queen of the ashes

Attached: Westeros Tinder.jpg (1830x1030, 80K)

>you dumb fuck, it started with burning the tarlys alive for refusing to bend the knee to her
the dumb fuck is you. we know nothing about her inner struggles, no going back and forth about this, no talking about it with people she trusts.
it has been shoddy writing since they ran out of GRRM

it didn't though you retarded redditor. She has always been a bitch in the show. I distinctly remember s5/6 threads predicting that she would be the final baddie. Not the show's fault you're a newfag with no attention span.

nice head canon, faggot. nowhere we get an in-depth look at what dany thinks about this subject. we're left to make shit up, the way you just did. same way we were left to guess how arya made it near the night king.
and that's because the writing is pretty bad.

It's not the bells, at least not in the sense people have been taking it. She knew it was the sign of surrender and decided in that moment she wasn't going to be merciful. I actually felt like she thought it was too easy at that point. She needed more blood and then just kept going before she was never going to get enough.

you're missing the point. if she goes over the edge, we want to know what her thinking was between missandei's death and the battle for KL. that was the storyteller's job: examining the character's descent into madness. it's not enough that show that she did. we need to understand the how and why or else the story is literally pointless entertainment aka made for plebs like you.

>I actually felt like she thought
that summarizes the problem with the story-telling: you have to fill in the important gaps with your fucking head.canon.

the reddit GoT fans are all conglomerating in this thread to espouse their fan theories about danaerys' inner monologue.

Lol the bells are a meme no one thought it was the reason why she did this. She wants revenge.

Did they even bother to hire writers this season or did they just tell the actors to stare off into space and make funny faces while they add some music in post.

Attached: 1517023527755.png (848x480, 268K)

i think it's pretty obvious to anyone who has seen quality television.

damn is this a leak?

Cope

Fucking thank you. I keep seeing normalfags edit this with "le epic Battle of Bastards" being the best part. Despite it being essentially an anime filler arc.

they pretty clearly just want the show over at this point, the actors can barely even pretend to sound enthusiastic in interviews
i'm sorry a show aimed at wine moms and retards is too hard for you to follow

Yeah it's shit, is that your argument? News flash: the show's been shit for 3 seasons now, we know. The point is this character development is perfectly in line with what has already been established, incompetently as it may have been executed.

if you were in the lower half i was agreeing with you. sorry i didn't make that clear.

The lack of dialogue this season is really astounding.

Cersei, Jon and Dany barely say four lines every episode.

Let's face it, there were a lot of hints, but that doesn't excuse the rushed delivery of her turn

Evidence from the books and the show

>Grew up poor
>Abused by her brother (who actually wanted to rape her but was stopped)
>Sold to a barbarian warlord
>Fell in love with her rapist
>Literally watched her brother, the one person who was still family to her (at the time), get murdered by her husband. Didn't do shit to stop it, and wouldn't avert her gaze
>almost assassinated
>betrayed by Jorah
>betrayed by a voodoo tramp
>lost her baby
>lost her husband
>fought slavers
>fought insurgents in Mereen
>married some smelly merchant
>betrayed by her servant
>finally reached Westeros
>2/3 dragons died fighting enemies
>tried to do the right thing to fight the undead
>Her loyal translator and friend executed in front of her
>found out after all her efforts she wasn't even the rightful heir

To be fair though, Jon Snow could've gone bat shit insane as well, but he didn't. I'm guessing they were supposed to be character foils: both Targaryens who go through hardship, but one of them comes out sane, and the other turns into the Mad Queen

Trailer

it could have been good but they chose to just go with the obvious. she had a character arc that was leading up to a big subversion where she overcame all of that and didn't become a mad king but she went from becoming rational to being a psycho, offscreen.

>WHEN A TARGARYEN IS BORN THE GODS FLIP A COIN
They repeated that shit like 10 times this episode. Still doesn't make the delivery less shit, though. I would have loved to see Dany turning mad in a proper way.
But hey, I'm still happy to see all the seething Danyfags cry themselves to sleep.

>The point is this character development is perfectly in line with what has already been established,
this is not enough. tragedy requires catharsis. something that makes all the misery worthwhile or else it is empty spectacle. we got to assume that this is GRRM's ending, so why did dany descend into madness? if the reason is targ blood, then there is no catharsis, ergo shit writing. if there is another reason, we'd like to understand the process that dany went through.
it's not enough to hint at a descent into madness, we need to udnerstand it and udnerstand where she went wrong. or else: again shit writing.

Serious question: What happened to the story line of Bran's changing the past?

He did the Hodor thing, and Ned sensed him in the past, but he also probably influenced the Mad King with burn them all

Are they just going to pretend that story line didn't exist?

This is the equivalent of them reflipping the coin and getting tails after it landed heads 7 out of 8 times (seasons)

As soon as they said it the first time I knew the leaks were true

Every season the writers flip a coin

Cersei blew up the vatican and for all they know killed her own son just to take the throne, with just a zombie bodyguard protecting her, and nobody did anything apparently, so they all deserve to die really

>Ned sensed him in the past,
wait when did this happen again

>Jon Snow rejects Dany
>She burns down all of kings landing

youtu.be/NmUEZ9bCPbs?t=304

everyone without plot armour has no morals and serve whoever sits in the big building lol. nobody actually cares who rules they just blindly serve. stop thinking. just turn your brain off.

She's dead. Arya will kill her.

>targs flip a coin
>dany is basically a sex slave of her brother for a while
>bears being raped and other shit to become khaleesi
>smirks as her brother is boiled to death
>burns a witch
>crucifies slavers
>burns some other people
>allows her dragons to eat people
>OMG WOW ITS SO UNREALISTIC SHE GOES CRAZY LIKE HER BROTHER AND FATHER THE MOMENT ANYONE OPPOSES HER AND SHE FEELS ALIENATED
>THIS ISN'T LIKE MUH ANIME I WISH IT WAS ALL EXPLAINED TO ME IN AUTISTIC DETAIL

Noh!

i will admit I def would fuck her after that

almost everything you just listed happened 8 years ago faggot.

She randomly crucified like a hundred people without even bothering to ask if they were innocent or not.

evil =/= crazy

>and the other turns into the Mad Queen

misogynicalisms

In his defense, it wasn't random, those people voted to crucify a bunch of children, even if not all of them voted on it, a majority did, and the rest stood by and let it happen

you people justify random slaughter by offering up examples of her executing people for crimes she perceives.

she doesn't perceive people of KL slighting her. she hears bells, rememebers jon is the rightful king and everyone hates her and kills people.

epiiiiiiiic dudes 10/10

based

chaste

faggots

retards

niggers

>momididitagain.jpg

Attached: 1556787713095.jpg (817x3000, 1.15M)

>lose half your army fighting your lovers war
>his bitch sister still hates you for no reason
>no thank you dany, jon who wanted to wait for more northmen to be slaughtered takes all credit
>lose jorah, her close friend
>lose rhaegal, her figurative child
>lose missandei, her last remaining friend
>her advisors give up on her even though she is listening to everything they say and theyre retarded
>one of her advisors tries poisoning her anyway
>her lover cant even say he loves her as a person, only "youre my queen" even though she saved his people, and his life multiple times.

Guys why didnt anyone just hug her and tell her everything will be alright? why is jon such a faggot.

Attached: danysad.jpg (706x576, 24K)

Jon killed janos for less did he not? are we watching the same show?

>All these fucking soldiers.

HOW

I'm with her.

Attached: 1553083353577.jpg (1320x714, 288K)

I want her to cry in my arms and make sweet babymaking love and support her in all her future genocidal efforts

these are the kinda replies i was looking for

No, you don't understand. She executed some slavers in previous seasons and not too long ago burned some nobles who led an army against her and refused to pledge loyalty so massacring innocent civilians is totally in character. You just didn't see the hints

have you ever heard of "show not tell"

we dont need her to lay out her thoughts if we see her actions that they cause

SHE ALREADY WON. she wasnt killing innocents before the bells. stop trying to justify D&D REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This episode honestly would've been fine if we had another episode setting everything up more in-depth before it. I could see this realistically happening, but it all happened just too fucking fast. I wasn't convinced that Dany became this fucking crazed so quickly. I also enjoy how ineffective the ballistae suddenly were.

>I can't vote like on plebbit so I do this gay shit instead

she didnt deserve this writing. her character just wanted a home and people who love her for who she is. They couldve made her reach the throne and decide she doesnt want it and it wouldve been so much better because fat sam would be btfo

Attached: themadqueen.jpg (563x589, 16K)

like I've asked every other redditor here. how do you explain her moments of rationality.

allying with cersei being the most recent, cersei was not interested at all but danaerys the Targaryen was the rational.

that's a rhetorical question you all have the same rationale.

Supreme Dragonlady

would be sweet if it's due to Jon issuing the command to the dragon to kill her

IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THEY SURRENDER
IN SIEGES, AFTER THE ATTACK STARTS THERE IS NO OPPORTUNITY TO SURRENDER AND NOT GET RAPED

Attached: xbOSRor.jpg (460x296, 14K)

They aren't showing dick you fucking retard, they're doing nothing but telling.

>SHE'S NUTS SHE'S CRAZY A MARRIAGE WILL NEVER WORK BECAUSE SHE'S TOO POWERFUL FOR YOU JON!

WHY DIDN'T SHE TAKE THE RED DOORPILL?

Attached: 719px-thaldir_house_of_dreams1.jpg (640x533, 125K)

Dude don't even lie, this was the funniest episode to every happen on game of thrones.

I fuckign loved every minute of it, and I am loving the fan meltdowns on twitter and youtube.

This has been set up from season one. She is incompetent.

I am beyond happy right now.

Attached: lolfire.gif (220x161, 236K)

I like that everyone assumes I'm a danyfag when I say the episode sucked dick when I'm actually a jaimefag.

post some twitter/youtube reactions
I'm so hard right now, especially for this to happen on mothers day

jon is a dumb bastard and grew up his whole life being told he was shit. he has been murdered. he doesn't know how to talk to or handle women, ygritte shows us as much

>ep 3: zombies slaughtered the dothraki cavalry charge to the last man
and killed enough combatants in the castle to revert to slow patrol mode in its inner sanctum

>ep 4: "half are gone"

>ep 5: idk like some of them died in the north lol lets have a big cavalry charge lmao

if you want to learn more about the origins of the white walkers and the night king, please watch our new HBO show or buy the upcoming books

She could've just burnt the Keep.

youtube.com/watch?v=BuFmzgK5nD0

Attached: hilarity.png (1348x548, 168K)

The bell signalled the start of christmas, the winter, which triggered her PTSD from the winterfell battle

youtube.com/watch?v=3CWJNqyub3o

>Are they just going to pretend that story line didn't exist?
Yes, just the way they ignored everything else

I love Davos and Jon's faces halfway through the episode realising they're the baddies

Jon should have given her seed and feed and this would have all be avoided

yes and WHY did she feel she had to rule by fear? WHY didn't she think the people would eventually come around and learn to love her? the storytelling glosses over these crucial questions that sit now at the heart of the whole show. the razing of KL is the most significant thing that happened in 8 seasons and we don't understand why it had to happen. the last episode better provide some catharsis.

why do sjws have to make things so political. I want to hate this episode because they ruined danys character. screw the politics. she was waifu material and they ruined her. the episode and writing is objectively bad for that reason only. not because nigs chimped out. jesus

What the fuck did she think was going to happen when Bobby B talked about a DOTHRAKI HORDE ON AN OPEN FIELD

>>>Nigger fuck me hard!!!!!

this desu

Except now the very tip of the nose is a 1:1 perfectly correct drawing of a horse's nose. Pure concentrated kino.

you're just a fag (general)

I wish Arya rode off on that horse

>I don't understand why she is doing this
That's the problem, indeed.

>>one of her advisors tries poisoning her anyway
am i retarded
you're not talking about the jorah wine, right