Cast the inevitable Disney Dragon Ball Cinematic Universe

Cast the inevitable Disney Dragon Ball Cinematic Universe

Attached: Goku Kaioken x20.gif (500x281, 1.55M)

Idris Elba as Picolo

when I refreshed, this is the only non game of fags thread in the first 20. And that's after i have 23 filtered. Bravo

Idris Elba as Piccolo

RDJ as Vegeta

Aaron Paul as Kami

Idris Elba as Piccolo

Dane DeHaan as Goku

Brian Shaw as Dodoria

Black piccolo
Black tien
White vegeta
Blasian goku
Black chichi
Mutt bulma
Black, young but still wise and not perverted master roshi for some reason
White yamcha and they really push the "yamcha gets btfo by everybody XD" angle
No krillin

Leonardo DiCaprio as Zarbon
Michael Fassbender as Mercenary Tao
Jerry Seinfeld as Korin
Mark Wahlberg as Cell

Attached: DRAGON-BALL-Z_CONCEPT-ART_CELL_002_johan-grenier.jpg (1000x1000, 123K)

>believable casting
>japanese overdub
>kikuchi original score
that would be the ideal dragon ball kino

Ok so I've been waiting for this thread for a long time and here's what I came up with thus far:

Henry Cavill - Goku (toss up on this one)
jason momoa - Raditz (Would make him piccolo but apparently he refuses to cut his hair for anything)
Joe Manganiello - Nappa (Toss up)
Ezra Miller - Zarbon (Debatable)
James Hong - Roshi
David Cross - Oolong
Ryan Reynolds - Yamcha
Michael Fassbender - Cell
chris hemsworth - Nu Broly
Kit Harington/Robert Patinson - Vegeta
Ngo Thanh Van - Bulma
Snoop Dogg - Beerus
Benedict Cumberbatch - Whis
Willem Dafoe - Gero
Benedict Wong - android 19
sen mitsuji - 17

Attached: Big sweat.jpg (840x984, 126K)

momoa's hair can just go in the turban which can be left on if you're deadset on him as Piccolo

nice picks

Yea but the whole weighted clothes aspect really ways it down, also the more I think about it, he doesn't entirely seem to have that range but itd be interesting to see at least.

Kinda makes me wish the mouse actually bought DB and started making movies about it. A good place to start would probably be the tournament arc followed by the red ribbon arc.

The best part is, they can actually set things up for future movies since all the material is already out and isn't being pulled out of their asses on the spot. You could show hints at Gero and early designs for cell as well as maybe even showing Gero's son dying or early drafts to the android project. That way when the androids show up the main cast can still be surprised but the average movie-goer can understand what's going on.

Attached: 1466871713000.jpg (720x540, 22K)

even DB fails to properly manage its large cast. A good movie series would have to cut a lot of them out or relegate most of them to non-roles. There's no good way to adapt the series faithfully to live action. A straight adaptation crunched into movie time would suck, and any changes made to translate to the medium, regardless of quality, would make the autists seethe and try to poison word of mouth

I know this is a meme but it’s actually a good pic

Unironically this, he has the range for piccolo but I didn't mention him in my list because he doesn't have the look.

Fair, plus you'd have to change the fighting styles a bit to translate better to real people.

Like how man of steel/justice league handled the speed (except with good choreography). You can have them moving at normal pace for the most part while the background and weaker characters are stuck still or are moving extremely slow. Then you can have quick bursts and teleport to add onto how fast they actually are. That way they can slow down when they're actually talking to each other and it won't seem retarded how they're able to communicate verbally while moving faster than sound.

Attached: original.gif (500x279, 1.87M)

Too old

Awful picks

Vin Diesel as El Hermano

Attached: Elhermano.jpg (985x554, 63K)

Henry Cavill as Goku with hair like this.

Attached: goku.jpg (960x540, 17K)

Cavill is too chad. Should be Steven Yeun instead.

I don't follow your logic, but I respect your opinion anyway.

Where's yours?

Goku

Attached: 1546019420749.jpg (620x380, 30K)

Nappa maybe

the falconer score is better

Josh Brolin as Cell
Chris Hemsworth as Vegeta
Ryan Reynolds as Goku
Scarlett Johansson as Chi-Chi
Gwyneth Paltrow as Bulma
Peter Dinklage as Krillin
Paul Rudd as Yamcha
Samuel L. Jackson as Piccolo
Tom Holland as Gohan
Hulk Hogan as Mr. Satan
Sean Bean as Yamcha
Keanu Reeves as Future Trunks
Mads Mikkelsen as Beerus
Benedict Cumberbatch as Whis
Emilia Clarke as Frieza
Donnie Yen as Tien

amerimutts need not apply

There are two Yamcha's on your list.

I don't really care about casting. If it's Disney, Piccolo will be entirely CG, same with all Nameks and most villains.
What I do care about is story. And knowing Disney, they'll probably skip the good shit because it'd require child actors and go straight into Z.
Meaning, it'll be garbage so who cares.

>he has the range for piccolo
Does he? What does this mean? I can't imagine Elba actually looking like he knows how to fight, or conveying all of the emotions Piccolo conveys. Piccolo spends a lot of his time looking cold and stoic, which Elba is fine at, but that's meant to contrast the complete and utter shock Piccolo expresses when anything unexpected happens, which I can't imagine Elba doing well.

They should get unknown literal whos like they did with Thor.

Brolin could work as 16 but I can't see him being as cocky as cell was.

Sean Bean as yamcha... What?

ehh fair enough

They'd have him doing wrestling moves. The World Martial Arts Tournament ring would have ropes and everything.

Attached: DBS canon tier list.jpg (1280x2988, 669K)

Charlie Villanueva as piccolo

Attached: 51360160-BE79-40BD-9EB7-E8D90D6030CA.jpg (728x567, 36K)

he's about the right height, too

Timothy Olyphant as Goku. No bullshit, if he studied it as much as he does other riles, it would be great.

wow

Attached: dbtier.png (900x1620, 1.78M)

Fuck off dude

Here's your Vegeta bro

Attached: MV5BMTMwOTg5NTQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzM3MDAzNQ@@._V1_.jpg (1457x2048, 634K)

Not bad at all.
Goku: Henry Cavill
Vegeta: Jude Law
Piccolo: Charlie Villanueva
Nappa: Dwayne Johnson
we've got a good list so far

Vegeta

Attached: 294h80mc0t401.jpg (500x375, 44K)

His hairline doesn't look like that. He should be Goku.

>Implying

Attached: Henry-Cavill-Org-BAFTA-Gala-001.jpg (426x640, 49K)

Reynolds would make a better vegeta

Reynolds would make a better Oolong

Those two pics don't look alike.

Why the FUCK isnt he taking fin?

Danny Devito as King Kai

Jackie Chan as Master Roshi, purely for the Jackie Chun joke

Is he old enough?

Ill personally fly to Japan and burn Toei studios to the ground if they ever sell Dragonball to the mouse

>Disney
With Marvel, Disney saw the value of letting things build up. They didn't blow their load with an Avengers movie right away - they made a movie about Iron Man and a bunch of other characters that most people didn't give a shit about at the time, and tried to organically lead up to Avengers. This worked out well for them, so I believe they would also give a series of Dragon Ball films the opportunity to develop into DBZ films, instead of throwing Piccolo, Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, and whoever else into the first film they made.
The ideal place to start for the first film would be at the beginning of DB, ending with the first time they summon Shenron.
>Goku - ???
No idea. I know the point of the thread is to make picks, but for the movie I'm imagining I don't know anybody who would fit the role. It would have to be a very young actor who's good at being funny and won't look out of place in fight scenes.
>Bulma - Hailee Steinfeld
In a Disney DB movie, Bulma would be a sarcastic quip monster, and, likely, the character the audience is meant to empathize with the most. In DB, it's supposed to be funny that Bulma is a genius engineer who's motivated by vapid teenage bullshit, but it was written so long ago that you might have to change the teenage bullshit to suit a new audience. Steinfeld could help sell that, I think.
>Yamcha - Ezra Miller
Yamcha is an autistic bandit who lives alone in the desert with his talking animal companion, and he's supposed to be physically attractive. Miller is someone off the top of my head who might fit in that role.
>Oolong - Danny DeVito
For a movie, you might want to fold Oolong and Puar into one character (if you want to even include either), so you can roll from Oolong's introduction straight into Yamcha's pretty smoothly. DeVito because the audience would appreciate it.
>Roshi - Jet Li
If he's up for it, he looks the part now.
>Emperor Pilaf - Bill Nighy
He can be a regular guy instead of a small green mutant.