GoT - A tale of subversion of expectations

It's hard to tell the legitimacy of actual garbage tastes to ironic shitposting. The quality of entertainment as of late seems to be written for stupids or people with short term memory. I kind of regret getting back into GoTs after leaving mid-season 5 a few years back. I should have known the writers of televised entertainment are trash tier compare to the actual book adaptations.

How do you cope to the let down of such a season?

Attached: ned stark.jpg (316x316, 29K)

Just gonna ignore S8 and wait for Martin to complete the books. This is nothing more than fanfiction on behalf of HBO.

Night King should have been the actual endgame.

Because its finally over next week

>How do you cope to the let down of such a season?
Maintain that this is the reason why I only watch anime. GoT has been the one TV show I will have watched to completion after next week and it went from being the coolest thing I've watched up to the end of season 5, to a fucking joke during all of 6 and 7 and becoming absolute garbage in this season.

If you can't properly tell a story and wrap it up over 10 years of production without the help of the source material to guide you, wait for the fucking source material to be over, or just adapt a small portion of the series.

Every single anime that has done what GoT is doing has had a terrible ending. Best thing we can hope for is after Martin finishes the books we get a Game of Thrones: Brotherhood to do the story justice. Fuck these writers and fuck western bullshit. They should have just left this story on paper.

>Night King should have been the actual endgame.
I agree, but why did they think this was the best way to end everything. Unless GRRM gave D&D false information from his unfinished book. I hope whatever he writes, its more satisfying than this mess.

I can't believe it has been over, 8 years? Fuck seems like such a letdown.

That would be very Machiavellian of him

>"Waaah, my dragon waifu is evil. This show sucks now"

It's called foreshadowing retard, pay attention Next time.

Attached: daenerys.jpg (480x319, 32K)

t. r*dd*tor

she dies in the next episode

So close. Maybe if you actually had a point to make with this thread instead of it being a blogposting prompt, you would have rolled those auspicious numbers.

Attached: _fail.png (551x550, 471K)

I think this season being such lazy garbage is just a ploy to make me forget how awful seasons 6 and 7 were.

>Every single anime that has done what GoT is doing has had a terrible ending
LotGH had a fine ending

Did it?
I loved LotGH but quit the show after episode 80, I couldn't go on after that.

When did it become acceptable storytelling to make shit up as you go and then twist everything at the last minute to piss off your fans?

Was Lost the one that made this style popular? Anything since Lost that was headed by JJ Abrams or Damon Lindelof was exactly this kind of thing.

>new Star Trek
>new Star Wars
>Super 8
>Cloverfield "series"
>new Alien (Prometheus and Covenant)
>The Leftovers
>Westworld

Even the other Lost cronies went on to produce more popular but unfulfilling mystery box hypeshit.
>Brian Vaughn (story editor and producer on Lost) made Under the Dome
>Carlton Cuse ("transmedia" expert for Lost) made The Returned
>Jack Bender (lead director of Lost) directed several episodes of Game of Thrones
>Stephen Williams (executive producer on Lost) was producer on later episodes of The Walking Dead

They're all Jewish, too, but pay no mind. What is it about mystery box bullshit that is written specifically to piss off fans that makes it so successful? Is it a net negative or a net positive on the televisual medium?

It wasn't as strong as SEL but, it was fine.

TV was always "make it up as you go". Serialization was mostly for bottom-of-the-barrel shit like daytime soap operas that were always wacky and it's serialization that fucks this shit up. They either unwilling or unable to plot it out ahead of time, for whatever reason, with most shows. I think the Breaking Bad guy did, as one example, and it shows. But most don't.

Jews are always back-stabbers.

I've lived long enough to see the fall of
>Star Trek
>Star Wars
>Terminator
>Predator
>Alien
>Child's Play
>Jurassic Park
>Dr Who
>DC comics
>Marvel comics
>MCU
>Disney
>MTV
>Cartoon Network
>Nickelodeon
>Netflix

The fall of Game of Thrones is just another Sunday to me.

where do I watch ep 5 for free?

After next Sunday you'll have Lord o' dem Rangz and The Which-gender? to look forward to and probably a pozzing of WH40k, if that hasn't happened already.

nah, most of reddit fucking hates this

based and probably-as-old-as-me-if-not-older-pilled

underaged

utter rage

By not being emotionally invested in a fictional story like you losers