Don’t mind me, just ruining 8 years of character development

LOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Good Lord the writers should be flogged.

Attached: D4DBBEFD-9FF4-430E-867F-74870B7A7140.jpg (1068x580, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BOpQqVCt-Jc
youtu.be/gBb15PQn-gQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

his ending was pure fucking kino you brainlet pleb

You're fucking retarded if you didn't think his ending was good. It was literally the only well written part

Wow. I've had low expectations for a long time now but with what they just did to Jaime I am fucking TILTED

Attached: 4c7.png (680x656, 619K)

His death and the fact that the wildfire was overshadowed by the dragonfire were the only kino parts of the episode.

>MUH SUBVERSION.
Go watch TLJ, pathetic losers.
>gets the prophecy wrong
Ya fuck all the well written shit from seasons 1-3 huh? Fuck you two.

retards

AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL
MY KINGDOM OF DIRT

8 years of NEETdom wasted on this shit, the biggest tragedy is my life. fml baka.

This wasn't even subversion of expectations.

They said they were going to die together you mong.

Imagine if Cersei actually maintained a wildfyre cache at mad king lvls. Daenerys and drogon would have been dead.

honestly at what point in your life did you suddenly decide prophecies don't go wrong all of the time?

Attached: giphy-facebook_s (1).jpg (480x270, 27K)

>Durr if I don't like what happened it's subversion

It wasn't subversive, it made fucking Sense you brainlet

It's a complete and utter betrayal of his character arc. Jamie should've been an azor azai type figure who killed Cersei to sever his connection with a toxic relationship.
GRR Martin would never have done this to Jamie. DnD just through out so much plot development, symbolism, and foreshadowing all in the name of a stupid ass twist. Subversion for the sake of subversion is the worst meme of entertainment and it needs to stop

Attached: satania_fuck_you.jpg (750x750, 49K)

Why didn't they even foreshadowed it ?
They brought his character back to season one, in one fucking scene, no foreshadowing whatsoever.

Speaking as someone who had him as their Favorite Character it did make sense and I'm not mad at it.
Originally wanted him to be the Valonqar but her being pregnant complicated things.

I wonder if GRRM said 'they die together' and meant he slays her and they bleed out together and D&D just fucked it up because 'subversion and shit'

I think the message was that people dont change. No one in this show has really done any face heel turns, at least not in the end when it matters. Realistic desu.

>letting a male have a satisfying arc
Its [current year]!

Guess you can say he really hit rock bottom.

Attached: 1547701248697.gif (422x318, 3.94M)

Are you...are you retarded?

>toxic
fuck off reddit

>8 years of character development
What character development? They already ruined him 4 seasons ago. GoT has been in irredeemable freefall since D&D inexplicably fucked up the scene where Jaime frees Tyrion and irreparably destroyed the character arcs of two of the most pivotal characters in the story.

>i don't care for the common folk
isn't that the whole fucking point of the kingslayer shit

Attached: 1361137203274.png (250x418, 121K)

>A Song of Fire and Ice.
>Satisfying arc

People are still confused about what they are reading/watching.

YOU GOT YOUR EXPECTATIONS SUBVERTED SON

Attached: rian.jpg (1000x563, 61K)

Thank you! $10 bucks and my left nut says book Jaime doesn’t pull this shit.

what happened? someone give me a rundown idc about spoilers

>muh headcanon
fuck off

Book Jaime is just going to get killed by Stoneheart.

>It's a complete and utter betrayal of his character arc
Not really, Jaime's entire character arc is about the effectiveness of redemption.

>Realistic desu.
I’ll admit it’s rare... but it DOES happen.

Attached: thereafterknownasthekingslayer.jpg (1920x1080, 952K)

>N-no you guys. He was going to King's Landing to KILL Cersei, not save her. You're stupid if you think otherwise.
Jaimefags BTFO

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

anyone that uses kino is a brainlet

So they built him and Brienne and him up for what? I guess there wasn't a connection between them

It was a decent ending. Would have been better if he had saved Cercei and the child. Jaime was always a loyal guy. It wouldn't have made sense for Jaime to kill Cercei unless she went absolutely nuts and while Cercei was a bit crazy she never was Dany tier.

When the pussy too strong

Not only did it ruin his character but ruined brianne's as well by turning her to a crying bitch nigga over him when it could have been redeemed by him going to kill cersei but no, he was really just a drunk asshole who used her and went back to try to fuck his sister one last time

shhhhh. Don't hink about it, user.

she was far worse than dany until this episode

FUCK, THANK YOU!

How in God’s name can two professional writers blow it this bad?

>fuck character development! it's not realistic!
Most people don't change because their lives are static and invariable. The whole point of a story is to see someone adapt and overcome the challenges and obstacles placed before them.

actually was a good ending for him

Why did Euron look directly into the camera and tell the audience he killed Jaime?

Hurr durr

The writing on this show has been noticably subpar for several seasons now, if you think these last few episodes have been distinctly worse than what came before them you are a literal mouthbreather

Satisfying, not necessarily happy.

I liked it, not everyone should have a perfect character arc
he was a flawed person at the start of the show, did some things to try to atone for his actions, but he was ultimately too far gone and invested in his shittiness to completely change

Jaime never really changed. His arc isn't about him changing but about us and himself realizing that in fact he was never a bad guy. He did bad things and took hard decisions but they were always for his loved people.

briennes character deserved to be ruined

>contrarian retards will actually defend what they did to jaime in this episode

The very first thing we know of Jaime is that he is the kingslayer - he betrayed his sworn oath as the most revered of knights to literally stab the man he swore to protect in the back, all because he was going to nuke kings landing.

In this episode "I don't care about any of those millions" to tyrion

In the books he is finally on the path to curing his poisonous relationship with cersei, when he receives her letter begging him to return to king's landing for her trial by combat while at riverrun, he burns it. He is on the course of finally finding his honor after all the years of wearing the shame of "kingslayer" (which of course, is ironically one of the most honorable things he did in a certain way). The maggy the frog prophecy, while initially intended to drive the reader towards suspecting tyrion just as cersei does, is more likely referring to jaime

In this episode, his sister boner is so strong he runs from winterfell to the red keep just to hold her as they die, despite the fact that she has condemned the city to die with her vanity and despite the fact that she did exactly what aerys was planning to do when she blew up the sept of baelor

Well except for the whole Valonqor prophecy that just ended up being completely ignored though dumb and dumber probably will say, "Tyrion helped dany come to kings landing so the little brother still led to her death" but seriously fuck this show

Season 1 - 7
>I love Cersei but she's a crazy cunt and I'm better off without her madness in my life
Season 8
>GIMME DAT NUTTY PUSSY BBE

What's that video with his charge and his narration from when he talked with Brienne about all the oaths they make you swear?

At least he and Cersei got dignified deaths.

All the twitter niggers were mad that their useless curly-haired cunt got killed last week and wanted the Lannisters to be pieced up whilst yas kween Kelly C blows everything up.

>Don’t go wrong
>analog brings balance to force by leaving obi Luke and Vader sidious

Fulfilled prophecy>>>>>>>wrong prophecy

jaime's arc can go either way and both sides have legit arguments

a) he breaks free of cersi's pussy power and becomes his own man

b) he crawls back to cersi like a lapdog because deep down he's beta to her affection

both options work, it's just that the execution of b) was terrible. both of them dying in each other's arms is RETARDED

Why did Euron attack Jaime? Literally made no sense

all shit stinks at the end of the day

kinda sad that the book is now destroyed since dany chimped out

oversimplification doesn't make you correct, he's always been pussy whipped by her

Indeed, I thought of Jaime Lannister was brilliant. You can’t change who you are he was just as part of that toxic relationship as Cersei. It’s definately the best closure of the series.

It would have had a fitting end with the knighting shit, him fucking her (even if it happened more tastefully in the books with the whole I dreamed of you shit) ended up being fucking stupid in the show...give up, defending the show is like defending the last season of dexter now

Jaime...
>blew of Brienne
>went crawling back to Cersei
>didn’t kill/strangle her
>said he didn’t care about the common folk even though the event that kicked off his entire arc (killing the king) was an effort to spare the innocent.
>no prince that was promised
>no nothing
>dies a loser pervert with no redemption

It's dumb how Cersei died in such an impersonal way, as well, despite all the dynamics she had with other characters. It literally would've been preferable for Arya to kill her.

The ending is and it's what I expected but him saying he didn't actually care about innocent people during his conversation with tyrion even though he broke his vow by killing the mad king to defend them seems retarded. He sure looked like he cared in the bath scene.

Dude. We realize it happened. We’re saying it’s stupid t happened.

Game of Thrones? more like Game of I’ve got a bone to pick with the writers!

Attached: 11FF09FA-B878-4417-BC48-BF6EA42E5757.jpg (1000x1000, 215K)

Yeah, the concept of redemption is so unrealistic.

Facts

Attached: 3FFC583B-2AA3-4489-9A1B-7A0969060F17.jpg (796x356, 124K)

did D&D literally forget about the valonquar prophecy thing? i can't remember if it was in the show or not at all, but the books pretty clearly foreshadow that she gets strangled

>k-k-kino!!!
not an argument

The guy was an overconfident retard and kept getting away with it so he thought himself invincible.

I hate anime but

>Subversion for the sake of subversion is the worst meme of entertainment and it needs to stop

Is the truest thing ever. I fucking hate how this season went, it felt like all of these "twists" were just twists just to BE twists.

Prophecies, symbolism, and foreshadowing are all god tier devices in media, and to throw them away just to be "subversive" is stupid as fuck.

There is a reason why LOTR is the GOAT series is because it has all of that without bullshit subversion.

And honestly what the fuck about the prophecy

Don't forget the whole valanqor prophecy that was part of Cersei's whole motivation that just ended up being meaningless too

im not defending the show. i just always hated her character.

She said she was going to kill him if he left her in Season 7, and he left her, then she sent Bronn to kill him. So a few episodes later he comes tripping over himself like a train derailing because his crazy pussy was in danger

Grow the fuck up, toxic describes their relationship
Cersei is a representation of the chains that bind Jamie from being the honorable knight that he wants to be. All Jamie's life he's let his love for Cersei and his honor/obligations for his family motivate his decisions throughout live. Jamie pushed Bran to protect his incestual love, he joined the king's guard so that he could stay with Cersei, he did fucked up shit in the name of Aerys, he stood by his father's heinous decisions because that was hia family.
Jamie's character arc is supposed to be him distancing himself from these obligations and becoming the honorable knight that he saw Dayne as. Jamie's journey with Brienne is a spiritual journey, and the first time he's seperation from external influence. He becomes his own person, and desires to become someone better.
Jamie killing Cersei would've been pottery. He severs this toxic relationship, he breaks the chains of corrupt duty, and he finally redeems himself.

Look at these clips that literally foreshadow and prove my point.
youtu.be/BOpQqVCt-Jc
youtu.be/gBb15PQn-gQ

Attached: 1552806329581.png (484x560, 275K)

In the end he wanted the incest poosy.

Attached: Background lol.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

OH MY GOD WHAT ARE THEY DOING
THIS IS SO STUPID
PEOPLE ARE SO MAD
I LOVE IT

Prophecies aren't real. This isn't Lord of the Rings

You now just realized the prophecy came true because Jamie led Cersei to her death.

You haven’t been around many drug addicts have you? Drug addicts can try to redeem themselves but almost all of them are fuck ups on borrowed time.

Truth

>expecting everyone to have a fairy tale redemption
>not understanding a tragic arc where a character cant escape their own flaws and fall to them

Absolute normietier response OP

SALT THE WOUND

Attached: Capture.png (1050x202, 117K)

because he's deeply flawed and incredibly pussy whipped, that's his arc, not everyone is worthy of redemption

How’s 9th grade going?

Why don’t ppl get this?

LMAO.

Dragons arent real either dummy but theres 1 left

>GRRM would never betray your expectations about a character and give them a tragic end

Wtf is wrong with you

You're right, but the jews who write this show only know how to create ratings by forcing drama.

>bawwww my favorite character didn't get my fanfiction disney ending that I dreamed up

But all her kids died and dany turned evil...pretty much every other prophecy mentioned came true in the show

I wish they would go on strike again.

>t. one of woman born

>You're right, but the jews who write this show only know how to create ratings by forcing drama.

Doing what they always do, put one side against another. The righties and feminists will be at war with each other tomorrow.

Everyone was saying that was why he went to King's Landing after the previous episode ended. I knew D&D would let me down again.

Been too long since I read the books I don't remember what happens, how did the show mess that scene up?

too busy praising dabid and dabid for pissing off their idpol enemies who worshipped dany

Either are dragons and magic flaming swords... I must have missed your thread about that, you fucking idiot.

Give me your suggestions: How will D&D make us believe that Drogon, the Unsullied and the Dothraki wont kill Jon and everyone else, the moment he kills Dany ?

Not gonna lie this is the only reason i'm happy with the direction the show went, imagine the burlington bar tiddy monsters face when she sees this.

Yeah, because if it was Lord of the Rings it wouldn't be a literal turd

Everything in the prophecy happened except for a younger brother strangling her. Face it, they just forgot.

Attached: 1.png (619x236, 65K)

Drogon transfers his bond from Dany to Jon due to targ blood and he flies off or burns the rest.

It would be a violation of the geneva conventions

Drogon dies of a broken heart after Daenerys dies.

The pussy wass to good OP

confirmed?

>screenshotting your own reddit posts

Too many idiots. His death was barely acceptable.

agreed, absolutely perfect

Yes

What did Cercei ever do that was so bad? Killing the religious nuts was by far the worst thing she did and it was pretty bad particularly considering she started the whole thing but they were a real threat to the kingdom and something had to be done. Other than that she was selfish and controlling but in spite of how much they kept saying she was a tyrant we know she wasn't doing a bad job since Tyrion kept insisting about how if they fucked with King's Landings provision lines people were going to turn against here.

Gods, you're retarded

Based.

They kinda forgot to get mad about Dany's death

You're reading the character wrong. Jaime's character is "the things I do for love" ad infinitum. Jaime loves: his father, cersei, tyrion, his children, and to an extent brienne.

1. Kills Mad King to protect his father, who was attacking King's Landing
2. Pushes Bran out window to protect the secret of Joffrey, Myrcella, Tommen's parentage from Robert Baratheon
3. War of Five Kings for Joffrey
4. Fights a bear for Brienne
5. Leaves Kingsguard for Tyrion, frees Tyrion against father's wishes
6. Tries to kill daenerys to end war, fails, almost dies
7. Realizes how fucked they are, tries to make peace, fails.
8. Goes to Winterfell because he realizes they're all dead otherwise, Cersei and Tyrion included
9. Agrees to Tyrion's plan to save Cersei
10. Tries to save Cersei, fails, does his best to comfort her.

This. He tried to redeem himself and he failed. Not everyone succeeds in redeeming themselves and becoming better people.

Cersi did that thing with her face, so evil.

>a white male and white female having a sexual relationship in media in the year 2019
LOL

ding ding ding

complete betrayal of the character. if this was in any fantasy book everyone would point it out as a complete lack of understand of a character the author himself wrote.

Jon becomes Azor Ahai by killing Dany. All knees bow and Drogon fucks off into bolivian.

>>i don't care for the common folk
>isn't that the whole fucking point of the kingslayer shit

Actually, it is not. As Ned previously said, he served Aerys well when serving was safe.

Crinfe and not an argumentpilled.

Cause that worked so well with the Night King.

She has been entitled, unbalanced and at sadistic for 8 years.

All for a jewish plot point where they shame girls for being virgins like they're dudes.

Here lies Jamie Lannister. He died how he was born, balls deep in his psycho bitch sister.

This is not disney

fuck off

What a waste of the best character.

>they were a real threat to the kingdom and something had to be done.
You only feel that way because they wanted to stop people like you from sucking cocks.

>Prophecies aren't real.
Neither are dragons. Dani won using swamp gas reflecting the light of WesterVenus.

They never mention the Valonqar prophecy in the show, only that a younger and more beautiful queen would take her down and that all her kids would die.

He was a good person though. Why the fuck would he have he fought for Dany instead of his family? The guy was the only character since the very beginning who always did the right thing no matter how gray or hard it was and never played a victim for it.

Attached: 6797A7CD-53E4-49F6-AC76-0F26F8ED5FA1.gif (498x239, 3.24M)

Attached: abYK4rv_700bwp.jpg (700x747, 127K)

>This isn't Lord of the Rings
Oh we know.

But wasn't the tipping point Aerys threatening to detonate the Wildfire hidden all over King's Landing?

No argument there. I’m kissed about Jaime.

The deaths never came out of nowhere. Ned, Oberyn, Robb are deaths with a clear reason for why they happened. They died from mistakes that they made, and you could see rhem coming if you didn't assume they had plot armor. There deaths stem from their charater flaws that were clearly shown and inline with their personality.
Jamie's betrayal of his own ideals and death come out of nowhere. It makes 0 sense with the development that he had

Attached: 1554334674627.jpg (250x239, 40K)

>More beautiful
I guess that means Arya?

>the only prophecies dabid doesn't follow are the worst decisions in the show
What did they mean by this?

Only for incels that have a pornographic fetish to and can't stop jacking off to incest porn such as yourself.

>hits bong
It's DEEP, man. Like, in real life people don't change, man. People don't have "redemption arcs," bro. Go read a freaking fairy tale if you can't comprehend deep storytelling like Game of Thrones.

>jaime being unable to escape his love for Cersei and do evil things for her wasnt foreshadowed or explained

Literally the first episode established this shit

People cant always overcome their demons

Agreed 100%. I hate almost everything in this season, but this is one of the very, very few things I will give them credit for. It was the perfect ending for Jaime, and far better than some redemption kill. That's not how redemption works; he's still human, and this is something about him that will never change. People just aren't 'bad' who then become wholly 'good.' The point isn't to sanitize him of all nuance.

She didn't send her army to fight against the undead when they were such a huge thread they made all the political games meaningless.

Please kill yourself

Jaime was supposed to tell Tyrion the truth about what happened to his wife (i.e. that she wasn't actually a whore and genuinely loved him) and Tyrion was supposed to give the "she's been fucking Lancel and the Kettleblacks and Moonboy for all I know" line about Cersei.

D&D said fuck that shit and they basically said nothing to each other. Tyrion goes up to his father's room for no reason and Jaime never really begins to doubt Cersei because he has no reason to.

>people can't change
Why do millenials/zoomers think like this?

Oh please. Show Jaime was always dogshit compared to book Jaime.

None of this shit would have happened to King’s Landing if she would have surrended. Her baby might have even survived.

Just finished episode. What the fuck was that shit?

I was still holding out hope, might not even bother watching final episode.

Yeah, that's pretty fucking obvious.

absolute dogshit take, please kys

who exactly does he love that he is working for in his entire procession through the riverlands, where 90% of his book development takes place? Please don't pretend to be knowledgeable on things you clearly know nothing about

It was plain retarded from the beginning where the two army facing each other from a like 50m distance and none of the ballistas or even Archers on the wall are firing. And that Golden Company,,,,20.000 men my ass. looked more like just 200

Surrendered*

Your first paragraph is 100% correct and based, and unfortunately what most of the showfags don't get.
But is who Jaime really is

like pushing a kid out of a window?

The amount of retards defending what happened to Jaime this episode is astounding. He didn't finish his arc; he made it halfway across, turned around, and went back to square one. He didn't realize that he was irredeemable. He didn't realize that he preferred fucking his manipulative sister as long as it saved him from thinking for himself. He just did a fucking backflip that unraveled all of his most crucial character development as if it never happened.

There's no reason why Jaime should have ever cared about saving Cersei to the extent that he would die trying to comfort her. He died having literally learned nothing.

You are unbelievably fucking dense. Have you ever read a book, nigger?

>magic, zombies, dragons, wood elves, giants exist in this setting
>completed character arcs is a step too far

Attached: 1557630786578.png (546x1080, 245K)

no

"Things I do for love"

Rest of the series was how he figured out how much of a cunt his sister was and broke free from that love.

Bad writing just fucked his while arc due to being a rush job to grab Disney money idiot.

>This isn't LOTR
Yeah, unfortunately

I want this story written by Tolkien.

>Subversion for the sake of subversion
Literally just a jewish way to rename bad shitty writing that makes no literary sense and has no underlying themes, morals, subtext, foreshadowing and payoffs etc. It's so obvious that all of that stuff literally goes right out the window the minute they start deviating from the source material.

You forgot when he was pissed off when cersei blew up the sept LOL

>not surrendering to a literal who coming from another continent demanding to be your ruler
I mean yeah. The pragmatic thing would have been to surrender but standing up against a thug, even if stupidly, is not an evil thing to do.

>k-kys
>hello fellow 4channelers, i'm one of you right?
Pathetic.

And he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for Jaime's inmunity to being stabbed. Must have learned from Arya.

Attached: Jaime.png (1280x1928, 100K)

this post angers the pleb and I love it

Honestly, what is like to have a double digit IQ?

>this guy's entire story is that everyone thinks he's a treacherous asshole because he secretly saved hundreds of thousands of lives
>his last words are "I don't give a shit about people"

Yeah, this sure is kino writing.

This. The series was showing us that hes a complex person. What he did in the end is the most realistic thing in the episode. When youre addicted to something, you will always go back to it. just like this user pointed out.

To save Cercei and his children from getting killed. Yeah. A hard choice. Definitely gray. But he did the right thing.

So are all the kings that surrendered to Aegon Targaryen and his sisters evil?

subversion has been a big part of this show. Expecting anything else is idiotic

>bookfag
HAVE SEX

>Jon and Stannis King about to be overwhelmed by White Walkers only to be saved by a cavalry charge led by Jaime Goldenhand
2kino

That pissed me off the most. Maybe if he said something like I love helping others, but value Cersei above all it'd be more reasonable to accept.

Obviously. Lord of the Rings was actually good.

>There's no reason why Jaime should have ever cared about saving Cersei
Come on. The guy always loved Cercei and while she was a bitch she wasn't that bad to him either.

It's there in that line "the things I do for love" and his last line "Nobody matters but us". Doing what's right for his family is all that matters, no matter the cost.

Are you legitimately autistic? This show you love is fucking shit now, and here you are pathetically defending it. Do you even understand why the show used to be good? Do you really not see any difference between the last two seasons and the seasons before them? If not, it's because you have a very low IQ.

Subversion WITH foreshadowing and clear, concise reasonings for those twists. The red wedding didn't come out of nowhere for example user.

THEY DIDN'T EVEN MENTION JAIME KILLING AERYS TO SAVE ALL THE PEOPLE OF KING'S LANDING

THEY
DIDN'T
EVEN
MENTION
IT

THE FULCRUM OF HIS ENTIRE BACKSTORY AND IT
WASN'T
EVEN
MENTIONED

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

It's actually fitting that Jaime has a bad ending and Cersei gets a good ending, both a the same time

He explains that he was conflicted after the King told him to bring him his father's head. You people honestly have the comprehension skills of niggers.

As far as I'm concerned if the books end this way his entire character arc has been pointless.

>jaime forgot about his moral code lol

>being with the one woman he's ever loved and dying in her arms
>bad ending
how autistic can you get?

This, the biggest brainlet thought is "Game of Thrones randomly kills their characters" when that is precisely not true. Ned's, Rob's, Tywin's, etc. all have clearly prepared and built-up deaths that carry meaning in the story and are there for a reason.

Have sex.

this is literally his entire character and you're fucking stupid if you can't see it, they don't need to spell it out.

>The guy always loved Cercei

This is the problem. She's fucking toxic for him, so in the books, his whole arc is learning to grow apart from her.

In the show, his entire character has been sacrificed to serve hers, since D&D were so enamored with Heady they let her character take over the entire show.

Jaime has had absolutely 0 character growth thanks to these last two fucking episodes. It's complete garbage. There was no reason for him to go die with Cersei - none at all. Last season even ends with him basically saying "well, fuck you" and leaving - but he just comes crawling back!

Absolutely unbelievable.

>cersei and jeoffrey go on to the basis for the WotFK and fuck up more shit than almost anyone else in the entire series

yeah the right thing I guess?

Luckily, he was the only character to have his development ruined.

We lucked out on this one, friends.

He did it to save his sister and his children.
This
You misunderstand him. He isn't saying that gleefully, he's saying it in a burdened, sad voice.
"The things I do for love" refers to the fucked up shit that he does to maintain his love with Cersei. Cersei is his bane and he knows it, yet he can't distance himself from her.

Yeah dude, becoming a sister pussy slave is so kino. Fuck off.

The love is twist and insane and it does him no fucking good
Cersei is everything wrong with Jaime's life. The entire fucking point was him moving past it.
But hey, themes are for 8th grade book reports.

>As far as I'm concerned if the books end this way

There's literally no way. Recall that they skipped almost all of Cersei's AFFC plotline, aside from the trial itself, in favor of making her a super-competent Empress Palpatine, because D&D had a hard-on for the actress.

In the books she'll get chased out of King's Landing by JonCon & probably end up getting killed by Jaime somewhere during the last book.

>if i meme and go against the grain, it makes me a intelligent

He loves her but his love for her has ruined his life more than losing a hand had ever. Being trapped in that love is his bad end. But it's also the best ending that he deserves.

Anakin did fulfill his prophecy, though, by throwing the emperor down the shaft.

literally laughed out loud

>character development
Why can’t you plebs understand that a character doesn’t always develop positively? If a character isn’t static they can go either way, just like people in real life.

True
Sandor had a decent end. Just didn't live up to the hype.

^

Try making an argument.

The worst thing about you is that you think I'm calling you out because I like the current state of the show, or even because I disagree with your intentions for Jaime, when I'm only calling you out for being retarded.
No, maybe the worst part is the hyprocrisy.

>"I don't care about innocents"
>*breaks the most sacred oath there is to save a city full of innocent people*

Some people cant change though. There have been plenty of characters who changed in the tv show, sorry your favorite one didnt.

Reverting his entire show arc to kill off two loose ends with one scene because the whole series ends in one more episode and the budget is drying up, isn't character development.

I want to remind every stupid faggot that claimed Jaime would kill Cersei, and that his betrayal of Brienne was tongue in cheek, that you are all hopeless brainlet fags.

I was right and you are dumb faggots.

I meant he deserved more and Cersei deserved less

>she wasn't that bad to him either.
>continually calls him stupid
>cheats on him with other men
>literally sends an assassin to kill him

not him. You're a jaded high schooler and shouldn't be allowed to watch this show.

>muh prophecy

why do people take so much fucking stock in prophecy? Their role in the story is to be misinterpreted (Melisandre) or self-fulfilling (Cersei) they're not meant to be literal predictions of future events

>I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE OF THE CITY
>Killed a King because he cared about the people of the city
Consider my expectations subverted

Yeah. The right thing for his family. They won that war and they would have stayed on top if Tyrion hadn't betrayed them and killed Tywin.

you first

>Ayy lmao all these story telling elements don't matter. All this foreshadowing and the character arcs don't matter because in real life prophecies aren't real

I want to smash your fucking stupid fucking fag skull with a brick. Brainlet cunt faggot.

>Betrays Cersei to help others in season 7
>Says he doesn't care about others only Cersei in season 8
Based Dabid

I never realized Yea Forums was full of so many fanboys. They ruined Jamie and if you disagree you must have a low IQ.

Because this season is ass

oof touched a nerve

DnD did change him though. They literally regressed his character. Cersei blew up the Sept with wildfire, killing hundreds of innocences. Jamie cannocially killed Aerys for trying this, yet he does absolutely nothing when Cersei does it.
It's proof that DnD don't understand Jamie's character

This.
As someone who has had Jaime as His Favorite Character for 8 Years His Proper Ending will be in the Books.
The Show had a Great ending for him, but it wasn't perfect.
They shouldn't have made Cersei Oregnant and Jaime should have Killed her as she was about to set off the wildfire, but I guess that's what GRRM is doing and they don't want things to be exactly the same.
With a pregnant Cersei there was no other real option for a Redeemed Honorable Character.
You have to understand that.

Because Jaime's character is suppose to develop positively.
That's the entire fucking point. The sister fucker, kid pusher, king stabbing pretty boy cunt ends up living up to the ideals of Arthur Dayne or Duncan the Tall more than anyone.
He's suppose to be the paragon. Through all the bad things he's done, the point is that he still is the closest thing to a paragon a man can be.
There are no people like Arthur Dayne.
There are people like Jaime. Who do their best, who fight even against their own failings.
And sometimes they lose, but if he loses at the very end, then there is no paragon. Honor means nothing.

And honour is not MEANT to mean nothing in ASOIAF. Despite what most normalfags might think, that isn't the point. The point is that honour and goodness is hard to live up to for men, but you have to try. Otherwise there's nothing but people backstabbing each other as the Others steamroll us all.

>his love for her has ruined his life more than losing a hand had ever
Unironically the only thing that ruined their life was Tyrion killing their father and bringing a horde of savages to conquest their realm. Jaime and Cercei were toxic together but they knew how to keep the right balance.

wow so we go from the right good moral thing all the time to the thing that's good for him

glad we resolved this

>WAHHHHH WHY DIDN'T JAIME ABANDON THE WOMAN HE'S LOVED HIS ENTIRE LIFE AND HAD 3 KIDS WITH BECAUSE THE BOOKS SAY SO!?!?!!?!?!?!
holy fuck you incels need to commit suicide.

>build Jaime abandoning Cersei for 7 seasons
>undo all of it over the course of 1 episode with no build up whatsoever

It didn't start unraveling in e4, because Jaime wanting to see the Cersei's end, whatever it may be, still makes sense. Jaime unlearning everything that turned him away from Cersei for sake of having them die in each other's arms is fucking retarded. His return to King's Landing should have been a moment of coping with his Cersei inspired PTSD as the realization of how much she's directed him to ruin his life for her gains continues to slowly crush him. Instead, "oh, I love you always Cersei, I hope our baby is cute". FUCK.

"People don't change" is just retarded. People do change all of the time. Unless your experience is the one of a lab rat, you would know that people can go from shit to good or from good to shit, and you would know that you can too. This isn't even on a moral or abstract plane of thought, just look at the material changes a person goes through. The human brain can adapt and change with time and experiences, this ability does decline after the age of 24, but the changes are always on going. You could argue that the escensce of a person goes beyond or that is bigger than their accidental change of behavior, but that too is wrong, because the escensce of a person is at the end rooted in humanity and not on the certain way that they behaved through the first years of their lives, otherwise people would always be determined to be the same and would never be able to adapt not get to know themselves.

We overestimated the ability of D&D. Again.

Tell me, what was Melisandre's arc?

She literally thinks she knows everything because of a vague prophecy and then gets BTFO.

this
>trys on redemption
>it doesn't fit
>the world crumbles on top of them as they proclaim they're the only people who matter
>this is exactly what their relationship was the entire time
it's kino

Would the story have changed at all if he died trying to kill Dany?

Has he done anything of consequence since S7E3?

"Reflecting real life" is not an inherent virtue in fiction. Pessimism and nihilism also aren't any better "reflections of reality" than optimism and hope.

I was really hoping he would kill her when they were in the courtyard. Of course, I vastly overestimated D&D (I have a bad habit of doing that).

Attached: the wine tasting.gif (286x241, 3.73M)

>trys on redemption
>it doesn't fit
But it had been fitting perfectly fine for the last seven seasons.

Brienne would still be a virgin

>isn’t character development
It IS though. He just developed for the worse, in a way you didn’t like.
>Jaime’s character is supposed to develop positively
Why is it supposed to? Because you’re a Jaimefag and you think it should? He’s a character, he’s only supposed to do what the writer wants. And that’s crawl back to Cersei.

Book Jamie and Show Jamie were completely different though.

this guy gets it

>Villain dies by falling
>white horse from fucking nowhere saves Arya in the end
>Not disney

>LOOK AT ME I'M A CONTRARIAN FUCKHEAD
>dude, you're being a contrarian fuckhead
>HAHALOLOLOLOHAHA TOUCHED A NERVE DID I???
You're the Euron of posters.

That was just a smart decision.

>Why is it supposed to? Because you’re a Jaimefag and you think it should? He’s a character, he’s only supposed to do what the writer wants. And that’s crawl back to Cersei.
>what the writer wants
>crawl back to Cersei
GRRM didn't write this.

And no, that's not how this works. If I as a character set up thematics, narratives and characterization for a character only to undo it all for no fucking reason, that's shit writing and should not be done.
I can do it.
But everyone will rightfully call me a fucking retard

Which is what D&D are for writing Jaime this way.

There's no way they both die just getting crushed by rubble in the books. Not like they'll ever come out though.

The golden company? more like the jobbing company, lmao.

Why the fuck are you acting as if he's unredeemed now because he was willing to forgives the woman he loves so he could try to save her one last time and see if she could redeem herself. You wanted him to cheer on Dany burning the city and kill a pregnant Cercei for no reason?

Just here to drop this off.

Attached: IMG950576.jpg (640x625, 40K)

ok user

Attached: 1545369172651.jpg (641x530, 25K)

I as a writer*

No it fucking wasnt. He killed the mad kind because the mad king told Jamie to kill Tywin. Why do you fucking brainlets talk about this shit as if you have a clue?

Anyone who unironically enjoys Cersei having taken over the entire show for the past few seasons, please answer me this question:

When was the last time we saw Cersei talk-at all-about her children, or about being directly responsible for Tommen's death?

this,an unhinged Targaryen was burning down KL and his love was scared in his arms and he calmed her and comforted her while they left the world how they entered it:together

>this and previous season builds up the golden company like it's a big deal
>they job in 30 seconds
What was even the point

Attached: 1556939636644.jpg (346x284, 40K)

But Jon made it very clear that if absolutely everyone didn't join him the dead would be invincible and would march into King's Landing and Cercei still didn't help and acted as if it were a problem of the north so they should solve it themselves.

Because he saw the shit resulting from that relationship faggot.
Power mad sister/whore
Three kids dead (Show at least)
Arm lost
Sends sidekick to kill him
Breaks her word constantly
Any Chad or writer would of fucking killed her on the spot
Jamie, the King Slayer was a cuck? Fuck off

autistic incels can't comprehend nuance, don't bother trying to explain it

see

>watching hollywood trash

Attached: mina.png (626x348, 356K)

This

This except the 2nd segment should be seasons 2-4

EXPECTATIONS
SUBVERTED

So Dany was going to destroy kings landing regardless. So what point does Jamie have in killing Cersei? It would have accomplished nothing but result in both of their deaths.

So what was even the point of having them have sex if Jaime was just going to abandon her in the end anyway? To tell audiences that Cersei was a better fuck and partner?

Attached: 1453230250189.png (395x293, 42K)

No one gives a fuck + have sex loser

basically all his greatest fears were happening around him but he didn't care and welcomed his fate

HAVE SEX

It would have been badass and it would have been coherent to his redemption arc.

>posts frog
how am I supposed to respond to this, user?

You DENSE fuck. If the development isn't built, then it isn't development. It's just contrivance. Jaime's return to Cersei was not built. It was not hinted. Nothing new happened since his literal abandonment of her cause to shift his character arc back towards a positive image of Cersei. Because that shift lacked and sort of build up, it lands as his already built character arc being unraveled out of nowhere. It's shit.

Based.

Attached: 1502550577781.png (377x377, 247K)

>i don't even care for these cunts or something
FUCKING HELL

Also, brienne was literally pumped and dumped, holy shit.
God, what the hell did they do to jamie

there's still time my ass

Brienne was just THAT bad in bed.

Jaime being at Winterfell meant something even if we didn't see him do shit.
If he went back it should have been to kill Cersei because he'd feel it's by his hand that all this shit ends. He enabled it, he should end it.

> Toxic relationship

Pardon me Miss, but you seem to be in the wrong place. Shall I summon an usher for you?

Keks all around.

Attached: Kek.gif (330x175, 1.98M)

This. Jaime did the only honorable thing he could have done. To forgive Cercei in spite of everything and try to give her one last chance. What made Jaime a great character is that he was always willing to take any burden if it meant it would be good for his loved ones.

What was subverted?

Fuck off discord tranny, fucke my wife this morning and then had my kids make her breakfast.

I think they are fine and will crawl out the rubble and escape next episode.

Also the episode was clearly the show screaming at us loudly that Dany is bad, felt kinda forced.

>burns random lords and ladies that "betrayed" Aerys without trial
>threaten to commit city wide genocide on 500 thousand innocent people
These are not the same fucking thing.
But you're right actually
The way the show makes it out, he never really did care. He stabbed Aerys to save his skin.

The classic point of hope. A tragic character always has a moment where he could finally break his curse. Of course, the 'tragic' in tragic character dictates his fatal flaw will prevent him from taking this exit.

>He enabled it
Enabled what? Cercei was doing a decent job. They literally had to attack the city because the people wouldn't turn against her on their own.

>GRRM didn’t write this
He did, and even if he didn’t he’ll die from too much cholesterol before he finishes writing it.
>that’s shit writing and should not be done
I agree with you. I’m not trying to defend the writing, my point is just that fictional characters aren’t supposed to do what the audience wants. Shit is shit, your expectations were subverted, move on.

>posts frog
you know why i posted the dead frog meme? because some memers never change... just like jamie

>Who have you saved, Kingslayer
>A million

>actually thinking the writing on this show was ever good

It’s not even just subpar at this point. You could completely ignore plot and character development flaws but even still individual lines of dialogue are like they were written by a child. This is Star Wars prequels Level writing.

SUBVERSION
I liked the execution of his death scene a lot, but didn't like thenreason for it. It felt contrived because this isn't pre season 3 Jaime. She hired someone to kill him, killing Cersei should've been the final moment of his character arc where he severs his connection to her.

WHAT'S THAT SOUND?

Attached: DID I HEAR RINGING.jpg (1023x1271, 199K)

His arc is killing Dany, but risking his life doing so. Literally, its conclusion was the scene of him charging her and her dragon, pitting the lie to Ned's "you served him well, when serving was safe".

But D&D, trying their best to ruin every part of the show, have Bronn magic his ass outa there out of fucking nowhere. So he doesn't kill Dany, he doesn't die himself, he's just pointless now. May as well start a family with Brienne and have a bunch of big, ugly kids or something, who gives a shit?

>"Cesei is a hateful person, and so am I."
Do none of you daft cunts remember that fucking line? He's not forgiving her. He's not forgiving himself. That line should have foreshadowed his attempt to murder her. That line indicates that he's judged himself and Cersei to both be irredeemable, and death is the only answer to escape the burden of their actions. Instead, he goes back to rescue her and sail away to a secret life in foreignistan.
P U R E
U N A D U L T E R A T E D
S H I T

Jaimefags are literally just male Danyfags, prove me wrong. You can't

I must have struck a nerve, you poor poor incel.

Attached: 16576917267709161.jpg (484x476, 24K)

Why not just let him die to the undead dragon? Why bring him back just to make the scorpions look dangerous for one episode?
Why does this show exist?

>just accept it and move on
No, I am enjoying my anger and shit things should be pointed out as shit
Enabled blowing up the Sept, enabled the slaying of innocent kids because they were fathered by Bobby B, amongst numerous other heinous things Cersei did.
And that's just the show

Based Jamie was in the right side of history from the start to the very end.
He was too good for this shit series, I'm glad he died holding who he loved.

Jaime is a good guy. He wasn't going to kill his pregnant sister for fuck's sake. Trying to save her instead of joining an invading army is the most coherent thing he could have done.

Is this image implying the end of Season 6 was good? The part with fucking wolverine Arya? Fuck off.

There's nothing honourable or redemptive about letting Cercei live. It's literally the opposite of both of those things.

Read the book, you illiterate mong.

What happened to Qburn?

There has to be rational behind conclusions.
R2D2 impregnating Han Solo and him giving birth to Rey would of been great subversion, however, would of never made sense.

Attached: JJ rofl.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

>broke free from that love
sorry sweaty it's about how he tried to break free but couldn't. And that's a deeper and better story :^)

He was getting in the way of the cleganebowl

So he was removed from the equation

>bookfag seething
have sex

I would say this is the silver lining of this shitty season, the salt of the liberal white women who realized they now either have to support literal white genocide and the burning of white children or to openly reject their YYYYAAAAAASSSSSSS QUEEEEEN.

I'm now actually curious what the Burlington Bar reaction will be like lmao.

>Enabled blowing up the Sept, enabled the slaying of innocent kids because they were fathered by Bobby B, amongst numerous other heinous things Cersei did.
All of those things were justified by the context..