I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO SHITPOST ABOUT I, CLAUDIUS

I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO SHITPOST ABOUT I, CLAUDIUS

I JUST STARTED EPISODE 8 AND I'M HAVING A REALLY GOOD TIME WATCHING

LIVIA IS MY ANTI-WAIFU

Attached: I,_Claudius_(1934)_1st_edition_book_cover.jpg (248x372, 16K)

You don't have to all-caps just because of BRIAN BLESSED.

Also, it's been ages since I saw this, and all I really remember was that it had actual nudity on over-the-air TV (PBS).

is it a miniseries or something?

Needed more John Hurt as Caligula.

agreed. it was his best performance ever.

Attached: genius tier acting.webm (720x400, 1.92M)

From 1976, even. With the likes of Derek Jacobi, Sian Philips, John Hurt, Brian Blessed, pre-TNG Patrick Stewart, and pre-Raiders John Rhys-Davies.

Back when the BBC knew what it was fucking doing.

I'm sorry, I only all-capsed in my love, although BRIAN BLESSED also deserves the all-caps.
I'm eight episodes in and the only tits were in the first minutes of the first ep.

I'm glad people replied in any case.

Attached: iclaudius_2580209b.jpg (620x387, 66K)

terrific, i'll track it down. thanks.

/ourguy/

Attached: George Baker 'I, Claudius' (1976) 10.jpg (190x270, 12K)

NOTWRITINGINALLCAPSWITHOUTSPACESBECAUSEMUHLATIN

>NOTVVRITINGITVVITHONLYTHECHARACTERSOFTHECLASSICALLATINALPHABETFORAVTHENTICITYVVHILEYOVAREATIT

A great series. I used to borrow it from the library as a kid.

There wasn't really that much nudity by modern premium cable standards, but this aired on over-the-air TV. If it hadn't been PBS, it would have been edited for broadcast (it still would be, today), but in those days PBS was able to get away with more relaxed rules than the commercial networks. For kids in the '70s and '80s it was remarkable.

Christ. OP here, I'm 29 and I was still somewhat surprised by titties in the opening scene.

GET OUT

stop. i read the book and i'm not from your island.

If you ever want to really be in awe of what PBS was able to get away with showing, watch the 1996 ITV adaptation of Moll Flanders (with pre-ER and very-pre-Doctor Who Alex Kingston in the title role). I was in my late teens when that was on Masterpiece Theatre, and it was shown unedited, despite earning an 18 certificate in the U.K.

>LIVIA IS MY ANTI-WAIFU

good taste, Atia btfo

Attached: 1535497748540.jpg (600x400, 24K)

Fuck Tiberius, that momma's boy.
Livia and Little Boots are the real stars

Plebs
>HBO Rome
Patricians
>I, Claudius

>i c-c-c-claudius
What a fucking retard. He can't even talk.

is c-c-claudius literally the tyrion of ancient rome

it's a good show, and the ending is solid. the user who recommended it to me warned me about its age and low budget but i never really gave a shit. i treated the whole series like a play and enjoyed the entire thing
>It all seems so depressingly familiar

Attached: 1508619235445.png (1023x500, 832K)

Why do brainlets think that because something was made in the past that it's somehow inherently worse?

I, Claudius is maximum kino so you're doing good, user. I'd recommend watching Shogun next for some more miniseries kino.

Attached: 1550350575851.jpg (785x644, 171K)

*violin screech*

Unironically my favorite television theme song

Attached: claudius.jpg (1200x675, 177K)

WHERE ARE MY EAGLES

All of I Claudius (Roman history) is literally GoT if normies didn't ruin it.
>Loveable loud fat king
>His wife is evil and murders everyone (including him), but loves her kid
>Caligula is Joffrey (or the mad king)
>Uncle Claudius is Tyrion
>Brother and Sister Fuck
>Everyone we like dies
>Serjanus is Littlefinger

i don't know, it's infuriating that the first question that's usually popped when someone's recommended something that wasn't released in [CURRENT YEAR] is "does it age well?"

i love that final scene does a different version with the cloth background or whatever burning up

>I CLAV DIVS
>ALL DAY LONG
wonderful show

GoT is LotR + I, Claudius