/RBMK/ Chernobyl - Walk of Death Edition

previous: webm for my man

Attached: walk_of_death.webm (1024x510, 2.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OdbqAQwKNDY
youtube.com/watch?v=eKeJziUgRgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DYzdc3CiMrM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_rod
physics4kids.com/files/mod_nuc.html
youtube.com/watch?v=M0D7MBBI2Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=CDymNYzh6aQ
nytimes.com/2019/05/03/arts/television/review-chernobyl-hbo.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WX_08zcCmx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gonna dump all the webms i made during the last thread

Attached: abyss.webm (1280x638, 2.81M)

Attached: hothead.webm (1280x638, 2.82M)

Attached: puke.webm (1280x638, 2.84M)

Attached: rain.webm (1280x638, 2.79M)

oh user I'd love to join you on the roof but *throws up

Attached: tfw too much feed water.jpg (2084x1444, 318K)

Attached: slap_that_table.webm (1280x638, 2.85M)

Attached: tfw_youre_already_dead.webm (1280x638, 2.72M)

What are they staring at?

and im done for now.

any other webm requests?

Attached: to_the_infirmary.webm (1024x510, 2.79M)

would the rain/hose water have been radioactive enough to kill him?

>mows your roof

Attached: pew pew pew pew pew pew pew.webm (1278x718, 2.76M)

>coal lobbyists want to tell me that nuclear power plants are bad
>when whenever one of them leaks out radiation the area around the plant becomes a nature reservation

Attached: 1496185130205.jpg (350x296, 13K)

we asked user for the whole episode as a webm and the madlad actually did it

Attached: ep 1 madlad.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

based content creator anons

Attached: huzzah.gif (316x306, 1.05M)

watching this episode actually made me feel terrified and a little nauseuous, I watched it with my dad (who was 13 when it happened), and he said every building in our country (west of Russia) had to close all windows, doors and air condition etc and basically stay that way until the radiation had passed or settled - me knowing it was so insanely radiating/dangerous that it literally flew like 1/10 across the world and fucked shit up everywhere it touched made them being so close to it really scary, not to mention my empathy for the children and women. I hope they focus on the men taking care of the incident itself and not on civilians, but that's not very likely..

Attached: All will burn.jpg (600x600, 44K)

;_;

Attached: he knows.webm (800x506, 2.93M)

Attached: 033-q459C27.png (1634x1798, 2.93M)

Akimov and the younger guy looking fucked up from the radiation after turning the valves

>Comrade Engineer, you are of inspector now
>Will yuo choose to get shot in back of head by comrade soldier here?
>Or will you die an agonizing death from radiation from doing what we ask of you?

Attached: Bernie2020.jpg (1051x864, 116K)

>his smile and mitochondria: gone

Attached: that aughta do her.jpg (1152x1152, 413K)

the second the thing blew up I would have gotten on my SHIT lada car and just driven off into the horizon. fuck the party and the ussr. my ass would rather get blown up by a minefield at the USSR border than dying a horrible way with radiation poisoning

I though you fuckers were talking about a russian Sci-Fi Chernobyl: Zone of Exclusion
Why would they make an alternative history show about Chernobyl? Was the original story not jarring enough?

they literally gave their lives right then and there to try to put more water into the core, felt sad but heroic to watch them get to it, they really knew what was gonna happen when they went down there

Attached: 26231284_10155091274411156_8222772316173507480_n.jpg (790x960, 23K)

Why the hell did he obey that order

But cores dont explode.

Comrade, see

Attached: 28280048_1808289369237299_7749229561503729450_n.jpg (500x341, 35K)

here, comrade.

Attached: valves.webm (1280x638, 2.84M)

didn't they have anti radiation suits???

the dosimeter said 3.6 roentgen. not great, but not terrible. suits arent needed.

There was actually never any guard forcing him to go.

This scene finalized just how kino this show is in my mind. The nausea and tension of that night building up throughout the whole episode peaked here and I felt ever so slightly queasy and uncomfortably warm. His eyes sinking in and cheekbones popping out is really well done.

Bridge of death webm?

Give Episode 2 please.

Attached: 796542.jpg (960x960, 207K)

Good luck. Soviet nuclear engineer thinks he can just freely 'escape' the USSR

They did not know it exploded, if you watched the episode you'd know. They believed it was the cooling system boiler that exploded and so try to pump water into the core to cool it down and prevent meltdown. Little did they know there was no core

If you're the kind of person that in such moments, moments where the finest of men should shine, would just pack up and scram then go fucking off yourself nigger - we all have a moral duty in such situations to do whatever needs to be done even if it means death. It's not the party but the people that require you to act. For as much as you know, there could still be a chance to save the situation. I swear, 90% of people on this website are cowards that would abandon their own children if it meant their own life was at risk. No honor, no chivalry, no national identity
>MUHHHH DEATH IN VAIN
I bet you'd evade defending your country if someone invaded

Plus, you're undermining your own fruits of labor comrade :^)

Attached: 1_Ls0EtYDed-4kypPOufMhBA.jpg (1366x768, 261K)

Ah fuck. I can't believe you've done this.

Attached: 55354354353.gif (480x270, 1.89M)

Attached: no.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

If he refused, they would have murdered his family.

Do you even Commie?

is this what you wanted?

Attached: bridge_of_death.webm (1024x510, 2.82M)

Would you kindly have sex and fuck off with your crybaby 'muh honor' bullshit.

Is this a thermal optic of slavs farting on west europe?

my waifu

Attached: Chernobyl-Tan.jpg (1910x954, 425K)

fuck that i would put suits anyways
. you are in a nuke plants and there is an emergency. who the fuck wants to die like a cunt from radiation poison?

Where's this from

you're delusional

>Don't obey and you get shot in the back of your head along with your family
Do people really believe Soviet communism was like this ? It was harsh but it was still a legal state

Normal nuke plants have the turbine and auxillary buildings totally separate from containment, allowing you to control things from outside of containment. The Soviets were fucking stupid with how they designed their nuke plants.

true detective season 1 which is the best season

do you even Yea Forums ?

It's true detective pleb

Yes, because it was close enough to the truth. If he didn't go he'd go to jail or worse, hence why the soldier went along with him.

Always feel like they're looking down into Hell when I watch this.

Spoopy

Attached: 1557705075655.png (1133x1058, 1.73M)

Go to jail for what exactly ? It was a legal state, meaning there was a rule of law. You can't go to jail unless you're sentenced by the court and to be sentenced by the court there needs to be a legal basis to do so. "He didn't obey my order" isn't really a basis considering it's coming from chief engineer to an engineer. Now some higher ranking Soviet official could make his life into hell, but this is not the case
Soviet bureaucracy was already harsh enough, no need to exaggerate

They fucking knew. They had every reason to suspect it exploded.

Commies don't value life

Will there be some livewatch for the next episode? We might as well watch it together.

What the fuck americans learnt about ussr?

Attached: 1535590624417.jpg (511x488, 92K)

they also had every reason to suspect it didn't explode. Commies don't value life ? You're the one that would endanger thousands in order to save your own

Only what we've been told, have seen, and know for a fact from reports and documentation.

why does the light kill him? is it a demon?

When does the episode air ?

remove the red border, user.

> blocks your path

Attached: Before nils-henning-deitmers-tchernobyl.jpg (800x566, 291K)

It's an angel. This is a stealth prequel to God's Not Dead.

Control room slid out to show its location relative to the reactor and the roof.

Attached: After 26934396503_cec659129c_b.jpg (800x534, 396K)

Whoops! Here's the one with the conrol room.

Attached: chernobyl-model 01.jpg (1024x688, 540K)

Post some music you think would fit the show
youtube.com/watch?v=OdbqAQwKNDY
youtube.com/watch?v=eKeJziUgRgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DYzdc3CiMrM

Attached: 076-WSX3x7q.jpg (1100x717, 264K)

They immediately dismissed not one but multiple eye-wittness accounts of the reactor's destruction, clinging to delusion in the face of ever-mounting evidence and bodies. Once the second person stumbled in, face red with beta-ray burns, and said the core was exposed, then they should have gotten the Kremlin on the horn and relayed the matter immediately.
There was a fucking pillar of glowing ionized air above the smoldering reactor building, that alone should have been a hot fucking take on what was going down.
Evacuating Pripiyat and mobilizing the liquidators should have been the first response upon seeing that shit, not piling bodies higher and deeper while falling into denial.

Commies, man.

Is this show anti-soviet wank or an actual exploration of the people involved in the incident? Haven't had the time to watch yet

This show is terrible and no amount of HBO shilling can change that.

"I'll just go outside and get some fresh air...oh..."

please dont tell me the whamen are ruining the show

Attached: 1545253762366.jpg (800x800, 102K)

Evacuating Pripiyat and mobilizing the liquidators was literally the first thing they did. Only 3 days after the disaster 200 000 people were evacuate in what today stands as the record of the fastest evacuation of such a high number of people. The man responsible for relaying lies (Dyatlov) to higher officers was later sentenced to prisons for his actions in those moments
Soviets did a good clean up, but soviets tried to keep it all a secret from the west and their own people -that's where you say "commies, man" - not at the first response of some deputy engineer

stop undermining the fruits of your labour comrade

Death, destroyer of worlds.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

>Based God stopping communism
Nice

>posted from St Petersburg
honestly this is the most fascincating part of this meme. I would have gotten bored a while ago if it wasn't for the DESPERATE shills out in full force with the culture wars autism.

but gorby the lib was premier at this point, no?

Attached: man.jpg (1025x1083, 341K)

It's good in-depth overview of the entire situation - including the incapability of the soviet bureaucracy to properly address the situation
It's also fucking kino on the cinematography, acting and sound. It's just good

Why is no one posting the Emma Watson Sue fanfic bitch they are adding next episode?!?!?!?!?!

it gives that impression dont it. scary fucking thing. burned for 2 weeks, and almomst melted its way through the planet.

Attached: The Elephant's Foot of the Chernobyl disaster, 1986 (1).jpg (1200x816, 260K)

That's a perfect FUMING reaction

I told my American friend about this show today and she asked me what is Chernobyl. She's 20. Is this common?

anyone got a pic of the dude looking down into the burning core?

Now I want a Lego Chernobyl set.

Yes

Attached: 1557642378562.png (530x830, 572K)

>woman
>total ignorance of significant historical events
Checks out.

Fuck that's 4 in the morning here and i got a job interview at 11am

Yeah unfortunately most show releases are timed for a North American audience.

>and i got a job interview at 11am
Well that does it then, NEETlife for you.

REGGIE MOTHERFUCKING LEDOUX DID THIS!!!!!??

Attached: LEDUOX.jpg (800x600, 241K)

I mean it's not like the threads or the show is going anywhere, so watching it live won't be too bad.

Soviet garbage, if the Soviets had made a giant Tiger 1 tanks and put a nuclear power plant inside it even if there was a meltdown it would not have escaped the strong metal of the tiger 1 tank

Attached: russian lel2.jpg (2026x1292, 699K)

Which means that you can just download a full hd rip the next day. How is this bad again?

not watching"

we must make sacrifices comrade

Attached: too bright.jpg (480x851, 82K)

B-But what if i oversleep and miss it? Or aren't able to sleep at all and go there very tired.

Leave matters of the state to the state. Just wait for the state to assign you fitting labor.

kek

How does fission start?

I googled it but I can only seem to find answers on how it keeps going. I see that uranium 235 has some extra neutrons and when it absorbs another neutron it breaks into two smaller uranium atmos and releases some neutrons to keep the cycle going. But how does the initial neutron small into the first uranium 235 when they first start it up?

Attached: 1552012883358.jpg (1200x893, 165K)

>How does fission start?
They Bombard U-235 with Neutrons in a controlled fashion

Hahahaha

Not sure how it works exactly in reactors, and there are likely several methods to start fission, but I know the early atomic bombs just used conventional explosives to collide two critical masses of U-235 together at a high speed.

Attached: 1024px-Gun-type_fission_weapon_en-labels_thin_lines.svg.png (1024x672, 146K)

based

Attached: mfw.png (159x214, 60K)

Uranium naturally decomposes, this is what is happening when they refer to the half-life of an element. Sometimes it just spontaneously splits, emitting a neutron which can be used to sustain a reaction when controlled.

They insert rods with elements like americium and californium that provide the startup neutrons. They can then pull those out when the reaction is self sustaining.

It's both
It showcases Soviet incompetence and the flaws of a state that can't be held to account.
But it also shows the honestly awe-inspiring courage and heroism of the Soviet people. Like radiation poisoning, shit's only going to get worse from here on out, but the liquidators and surrounding experts will work themselves to death to contain and neutralize the threat.

One of the main motivations for making this series was to extol the sheer bravery of the men and women charged with cleaning up the Commie's murderous blunder.

Where do the neutrons come from?

Thanks. So just by placing the uranium pebbles close to each other that is enough to get the process to start because they are naturally decomposing?

No
No they are not

>Where do the neutrons come from?
Read

That information is out there.

Start here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_rod

But you have to have more than a room temp. IQ to understand it.

The neutrons come from other radioactive materials.
Or do you mean in general? Because neutrons are a central part of the atomic nucleus. Neutron radiation occurs when there are too many neutrons to be contained within a nucleus and then get shed. When these neutrons hit other atoms, they clonk neutrons out of their nucleus and create another substance called an isotope. This process is called transmutation and the results are often even more violently radioactive than the substance creating them (uranium atoms)
Nuclear fallout and contamination are just this, local elements that have been transmuted into highly radioactive substances by neutron bombardment.

>Where do the neutrons come from?
If you don't understand basic physics, you have no business trying to figure out how fission works.

Start here, dummy.

physics4kids.com/files/mod_nuc.html

Control rods soak up neutrons though, I'm asking what fires off the original one that starts the reaction. I realize control rods stops the reaction from happening too fast and melting the fuel.

I'm asking that since the splitting of a nucleuses of u235 is caused by it getting bombarded by an extra neutron, where does the first one come from? Someone earlier said it just comes from another u235s natural decay?

Or does just putting the u235 near eachother cause them to start interacting? If that's the case I imagine the control rods must be in place first before any fuel is inserted?

The explosion from the window

They're witnessing the creation of the Elephant's Foot

thier dosimeters topped out at 3.6r which was bad but not really bad, the actuall amount was 32,000r. thats fatal in less than a minute.

Naturally occurring radioactive substances can be used to transmute uranium into fissionable isotopes.
Radioactive does not mean fissionable, fission is the phenomena known as super-criticality, where neutrons are absorbed AND released in a cascading chain reaction within the reaction mass.

Done.

Attached: 71557705075655.png (1112x1041, 1.7M)

obviously
youtube.com/watch?v=M0D7MBBI2Ik

As posted before, they shove some rods in that have different elements that have a higher spontaneous fission rate; that spontaneous fission produces neutrons which hit the surrounding fuel starting the reactor.

saving the red border. Adds color balance or sommin

Attached: anatoly thumb.png (258x356, 162K)

Time to get comfy

Attached: MILD.jpg (285x100, 9K)

>But it also shows the honestly awe-inspiring courage and heroism of the Soviet people

This

Draining the water from under the compound, the divers who did it, to say nothing of the biorobots grimly going about their duty, it can't be overstated how inspiring their bravery was and how noble their sacrifice.

I expect this series wreck me, even though I know exactly what's going to happen.

>The death penalty was abolished on 26 May 1947, only to be reinstated in 1950. Capital punishment was extended to cases of first-degree murder in 1954.
>In addition to crimes such as high treason, espionage, terrorism and murder, the capital punishment was imposed for economic crimes, such as "the pilfering of state or public property in especially large amounts". The hijacking of a plane became a capital crime in 1973.
>According to Western estimates, in the early 1980s Soviet courts passed around 2,000 death sentences every year, of which two-thirds were commuted to prison terms. The death penalty was not applied to minors or pregnant women.
>According to 1985-1989 statistics, the death penalty accounted for less than 1 in 2000 sentences.
>According to the GARF archives database, between 1978 and 1985 there were 3,058 sentences to death that had been appealed to the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR.

When does it start can someone link the reddit stream

>Commie's murderous blunder.
>Three Mile Island accident
>Windscale fire

it airs on mondays

Enjoy these last hours of kino threads boys.

Tomorrow they introduce the Mary Sue and ruin everything.

if i were him, i would shield my cig from the rain

How many people did those accidents kill?

go copulate russian shill

But that's wrong, user

If you were him you'd be able to feel your bone marrow die

Attached: feelsgood.jpg (800x572, 87K)

>commies don't value life
>insulin costs $700 in burgerland

kys

i would still survive though

Attached: 1556836995155.gif (400x400, 1.98M)

>Yeah, well, America has problems too

Look at this commie

look at him and laugh

Attached: epitome of trash.jpg (500x500, 83K)

If you want to read a great book about peoples experiences of and after the disaster, Chernobyl Prayer by Svetlana Alexievich is pretty harrowing, but tells the story really well.

would you?

Attached: Chernobyl Chan.png (1676x2845, 2.79M)

>vladimir-san your control rods are so big!

it must have been like looking upon the face of God

>How many people did those accidents kill?
None, how many people Chernobyl killed?

Shelter, water, food, and medical care aren't rights they're privileges.

you can shit all over me for this but the last time something felt so unnerving, spiritual and uncanny was carcosa

Attached: 1557379491492.gif (200x350, 1.08M)

Attached: 199.jpg (680x512, 47K)

28 killed in the accident, between 4 and 8 thousand excess mortalities resulting from contamination, with even more sickened and deformed by post and prenatal exposure to radioactive isotopes. These numbers are expected to increase.

The fuck did you say to me you little bitch

Attached: 28758817-person-with-anti-radiation-suit-yellow-and-yellow-rubber-boots-to-guard-against-the-risk-of (751x1300, 105K)

God help me...I would

Attached: worried sicko.png (440x769, 191K)

Attached: 1547392514154.jpg (874x451, 357K)

*effortlessly penetrates your path

Attached: 1024px-Gamma_Decay.svg[1].png (1024x696, 270K)

To serve his country. Amerimutts are not only ones who has the concept of patriotism.

Attached: 53874578.png (512x432, 241K)

is that a lot?

>when yandere nuclear fire gf realizes you're using graphite-tipped condoms and not pure boron ones

Attached: 1530589927379.gif (309x380, 2.78M)

it's about a tree-fiddy

Attached: 999.jpg (500x714, 61K)

Not great, but not terrible.

CUTE!!! I wanna open that door!

Attached: 932458934859.gif (582x540, 1.54M)

GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE

Attached: sneedwater.jpg (720x506, 72K)

since this is hbo how cucked is it?

*blocks your path*

Attached: aaaaaa.jpg (720x360, 20K)

hmm tastes like carrots

Not very
No women have appeared and punched the radiation while trannies fuck in the background to the applause of a perfectly diverse crowd

Yet

funny memewords
the answer is not at all so far

fuckin' hell

Attached: 1532850158840.gif (229x176, 987K)

It had two scenes that are specifically SJW and also it’s in English and has Brit accents. It maybe get a bit more cucked but there are still things to enjoy in the first episode.

Proof that waifufags are fucking cancerous

Attached: 1527703183293.jpg (540x405, 50K)

i love her

Attached: 1499484357684.jpg (593x593, 29K)

Were fucking nothing compared to the explosion + open air nuclear BBQ pit that was Chernobyl

Attached: 1540725907245.png (798x1735, 409K)

Even if the later episodes shit the bed the pilot will still remain great.

>guy standing there telling them it exploded
>"dude...i'm begging you"
>goes down to open valves to flow water into a ditch any way
They knew, they just didn't want to believe.

>come on in babe, the feed water is fine!

>everyone at the plant was actually english

why do ukrainians/russians get blamed when it was the anglos

hey boss I'm pretty sure the reactor blew... look at this piece of graphite I found lying on the ground literally right outside, surely this compelling piece of evidence should convince you that something is seriously wrong

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-07-15h18m15s475.png (1280x640, 836K)

Don't mind me, just being empowered and ruining the story in two episodes tops.

Attached: 9.jpg (720x360, 20K)

Shame he didn't lick it, he'd be the only one to taste the most radioactive object in history.

Here's cherry on top

Attached: fukushima-power-plant.jpg (736x406, 84K)

god men are so dumb, how did he not know about iodine pills? i mean come on

>4 and 8 thousand excess mortalities resulting from contamination
Source, please

Turn back on your tripcode so i can filter you

What graphite?

How did they pull off that sense of cosmic horror when staring into the reactor core?

>where is proofs
Try wikipedia
Try cancer rates in eastern europe post-Chernobyl
Try anything written about Chernobyl you obtuse fuck

Attached: you better not be.jpg (1224x1445, 247K)

the one in my hand
it's feeling a little numb for some reason

What time does it air on Monday? And is there usually a stream?

8 pm eastern I believe

Stay mad

Attached: 85CC3F9D-237B-47BB-BE3E-5D56F2697400.jpg (740x174, 83K)

wtf thats bullshi

>wanting to clear your name when the other post is literally indistinguishable from yours
you dont have any hobbies, do you?

Not an exploded RBMK reactor, that's for sure.

I see no hand, user

So the atom has 3 parts, Electrons, neutrons and protons. Electrons stay outside the nucleus and are of a negative charge. Neutrons have no charge and protons have positive charge.

For an atom to be stable it needs a combination of those 3 particles. When you add or remoe a proton you get a diferent element, so, for example, if you add 1 proton to an Hydrogen atom, it becomes helium. But 2 protons can't just stay together so close to each other, you need some neutrons as breathing room, kinda.

So, Uranium is not a very stable element, and if you throw a neutron very fast against it, it destabilizes the core of the atom and it decomposes into 2 other elements plus 3 free neutrons. Those 3 neutrons are full of energy, which translate to speed, and if there are more Uranium atoms near it, it starts a chain reaction where the 3 neutrons split 3 other uranium atoms, releasing 9 neutrons and so on and so on.

There is also the release of energy in this process, and it's a lot. Go take a physics course, this shit is really interesting.

So the soldier went there as his buddy.

saved

Attached: hot head smile.jpg (749x581, 64K)

Attached: 711315F5-40BC-4802-A36B-627309800007.jpg (750x271, 148K)

Attached: 1528710923240.jpg (310x163, 13K)

This man is in shock, take him to the infirmary.

>protons are positive and neutrons are chargeless yet are able to bind together

Attached: 1318481726091.jpg (762x744, 89K)

Attached: 1557644944009.png (401x367, 9K)

time for a new thread. The /infirmary/ thread just 404d and now the shill has migrated to this one.

Continuing from the other thread:

Cast the show with your favorite Russian and Ukranian actors.

I'll go first:
>Dyaltov - Steven Seagull.
ok I'm out of Russian actors

Attached: anything is possible with today's camera technology.webm (830x466, 1.22M)

Attached: 1547322214010.jpg (472x451, 271K)

Brainlet here. Would that chunk have been more radioactive than the elephant's foot?

You don’t have to be so upset at legitimate complaints you know. That other user also saw it. You can deny it all you want but you’d just be further and further cucking your own brain with SJWism. Soon you’ll all be into femdom like the rest of your island.

That's a very simplified view. The whole thing is a lot more complicated than that. There are things called strong and weak nuclear forces. They don't bind only because of eletrical charge

>Try wikipedia
>30 direct, 19 not entirely related and 15 minors due to thyroid cancer, as of 2008
Followed your advice, so you are fucking lying nigger

i dont give a shit about whatever it is you are discussing, im just here for comfy shitposting

Attached: 1555198390339.jpg (720x719, 75K)

According to physicists, who understand this shit far better than any of us, they don't bind together but are held in place by the Strong Force

At that point it doesn't exist because it's still a burning pile in the reactor core. The graphite would also still be the most accessible too.

Soldier was there as emotional support.

>>where is proofs
It is expected that you can back your claims, retard

>there is considerable debate concerning the accurate number of deaths due to the disaster's long-term health effects, with estimates ranging from 4,000 (per the 2005 and 2006 conclusions of a joint consortium of the United Nations and the governments of Ukraine, Belarus, and Russia), to no fewer than 93,000 (per the conflicting conclusions of various scientific, health, environmental, and survivors' organizations).
the patient is delusional

like frens helping frens?

Attached: 1532001721484.png (2376x1552, 2.06M)

There were a lot of cancers that were covered up by the Soviet government at the time. They estimated up to 6000 cancer cases but the reality was more around a hundred thousand. And the deaths were definitely much higher as well.

>You don’t have to be so upset at legitimate complaints you know.
If they were "legitimate" you'd just engage with the arguments honestly instead of just attacking everyone that disagrees with you.
>That other user also saw it.
Who? You without your trip?
>You can deny it all you want but you’d just be further and further cucking your own brain with SJWism.
Ok so you're a non-SJW because you think a 70 year old Gynecologist in 1980s Soviet Ukraine would be better informed about Iodine Pills than someone that graduated from med school a few years earlier?

You're talking about a 1930s education versus a 1980s education.

And more practical the point of the "iodine pills" meme was to explain to the western audience that didn't grow up having to take fucking radaway what the fuck Iodine pills are. The dipshit old-guard doctor was as much of an surrogate for the dipshit audience as anything else.

Like you talk about "cucking your own brain with SJWism" but that is LITERALLY what you're doing. The mere existence of female characters AT ALL sends you into a manic episode!
>Soon you’ll all be into femdom like the rest of your island.
You're still not talking to an "anglo" m8.

Attached: tfw no iodine 1.jpg (1478x1462, 196K)

see

a grand post, fellow atomic patrician

Absolutely apex post

Attached: 1557546613398.jpg (600x788, 43K)

Is that CGI vomit?

Attached: hits table.webm (632x612, 95K)

*throws up

Attached: rude .jpg (2584x1440, 304K)

So, will you give me the link to your source or what?

Attached: 15576936023160.jpg (1920x1080, 581K)

Brainlet here, could you men of science explain this one to me?

Attached: 1531090955568.gif (540x300, 2.59M)

THIS IS A MAN SHOOTING AT GOD

>Hodemchuk

Attached: YOOOOOO.gif (480x360, 2.11M)

All the cool people died in 86 and the cunts live on, typical.

SURE, IT WAS CONTAMINATED FULL OF RADIOACTIVE DEBRIS THAT IT WASHED OFF THE STRUCTURE

BUT HE WAS DIRECTLY EXPOSED ALL OVER THE PLACE, THAT WATER WAS THE LEAST OF HIS PROBLEMS

Attached: 9o19fr4iovoz.jpg (1198x1254, 102K)

thank u for finally answering my question

I wish you would step onto
the roof my friend

Attached: 083DC44A-8703-47B9-AF27-D84E124A722D.jpg (205x246, 9K)

when is the next episode?

youtube.com/watch?v=CDymNYzh6aQ

Attached: gubment gang.png (2682x1432, 3.65M)

TOMORROW

GET READY FOR THE LAST GOOD EP BEFORE THE MARYSUEINING

Attached: 1557682205673.jpg (960x720, 367K)

lol nope

Attached: broken meters.png (1716x1446, 2.4M)

>>>/infirmary/

Attached: user report.png (900x676, 410K)

Pffft HAHAHAHAHAHA. You've clearly never lived under anything resembling authoritarianism. Things like "laws" and "warrants" matter very little when your uncle gets taken to a secret stash house at 3AM to get waterboarded because he attended a college rally once. Once they get in power, anything resembling a threat gets dealt with quickly and quietly. Not only yourself, but your family as well.

theres no mary sue

Why did they construct it next to the ocean?

so that if something went wrong they could irradiate everybody and not just themselves

YES COMRADE, CLEARLY A DELUSION

A HAMFISTED MARYSUE THAT NEVER EXISTED IN REALITY CAN NOT RUIN WHAT WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE BEEN A PAINSTAKINGLY ACCURATE AND EXCELLENT SHOW

TO INFIRMARY!

>The biggest and most artificial contrivance of the show is the creation of a fictional character, a Belarusian scientist played by Emily Watson who takes a suspicious radiation reading in Minsk and magically, preposterously takes over the story. She’s everywhere at the same time, forcing herself onto the investigatory commission, sitting in on meetings with Gorbachev, raiding government archives, interviewing engineers in their hospital beds, single-handedly uncovering the secret history of the faulty reactor
nytimes.com/2019/05/03/arts/television/review-chernobyl-hbo.html

Attached: 1557677339076.jpg (1123x553, 222K)

Nuclear plants need a ready source of water to cool the reactor.

Also its Japan, where you'd be hard pressed to find real estate that isn't next to the ocean.

Elephants Foot is my favourite character from Chernobyl.

Attached: 1511833091240.gif (148x111, 264K)

>>>/infirmary/

Attached: noble report.jpg (395x584, 56K)

Revenge for Hirosima. HAHAHA it's your turn to get get irradiated now amerimutt.

IRL DYATLOV WAS THE CHADDEST

HIS ACTOR IS GREAT BUT DOESN'T DO HIM FULL JUSTICE, WENT MORE WITH THE SNIVELY TYPE OF ARROGANCE

IMAGINE THE SWAGGER IN 1986 WHEN HE REALLY SAID >I'VE SEEN WORSE

WHAT A BADASS

Attached: 1557447836197.jpg (1920x1080, 977K)

Graphite tipped control rods increase power output/neutron reflection before they decrease it. It's thought to have been what triggered the reactor explosion.

That death beam
imagine being able to see it from space.

Attached: 1385760747074.gif (245x118, 437K)

It's not just soviet communism, dude. We do that shit in the west too, if a captain tries to leave a boat that's sinking and he gets caught they'll put him back on the fucking boat to die.

WOP COASTGUARD LITERALLY DESTROYED A "MAN" FOR THIS

ON A PUBLIC RADIO CHANNEL FOR EVERYONE TO HEAR
youtube.com/watch?v=WX_08zcCmx8

IF YOU DONT GO DOWN WITH THE SHIP YOU ARE DISGRACING ALL THE CAPTAINS THROUGHOUT HISTORY WHO WENT DOWN WITH THEIR SHIPS

THERES ALSO A MILITARY VS CIVILIAN THING GOING ON

Attached: 1552599374166.jpg (309x303, 42K)

Attached: reactor boronallis.png (964x736, 875K)

>r- reactor chan what are you doing?~

Attached: 1530831560313.jpg (1258x830, 175K)

>if a captain tries to leave a boat that's sinking and he gets caught they'll put him back on the fucking boat to die.
eeeeeehhhhh
that's kind of more of a meme. Captains leave assholes trapped in hulls all the time. That kind of applies to passengers or whatever, but if a Captain doesn't have all crew accounted for and they could likely be fucking dead they don't sit around and wait so they can be le last one off

It's mildly contaminated feedwater. They'll be fine.

MOSSSURAAA

Attached: ret zem fite.gif (495x464, 1.49M)

>The deportees, mostly political prisoners and petty criminals, were forcibly sent to the small, isolated island in Western Siberia, located 540 kilometers (340 mi) northwest of Tomsk, to construct a "special settlement". They were abandoned with only flour for food, and little in the way of tools, clothing, or shelter, and those who attempted to leave were killed by armed guards.[1][2]
>The conditions of the island led to widespread disease, abuse of power, violence, and cannibalism. Within thirteen weeks, over 4,000 of the deportees related to Nazino Island had died or disappeared, and a majority of the survivors were in ill health.[3][2]

It's not about going down with the ship, it's the gross negligence that lead to the sinking plus the fact he was the first one off and left everyone else to fend for themselves

that was 50 years prior to Chernobyl. You might as well criticize Barack Obama for Jim Crow laws

THE TERM IS DERELICTION OF DUTY

HIS INCOMPETENCE WAS ASTOUNDING TO BEGIN WITH, BUT THEN RUNNING OFF THE SHIP IS JUST BEYOND THE PALE
ESPECIALLY SINCE IT WAS RUN AGROUND IN SHALLOW WATER WITH NO DANGER OF REALLY LOSING THE SHIP

HE SHOULD HAVE DROWNED FIRST

Attached: 1557573156069.jpg (541x437, 133K)

The question was, verbatim, "Do people really believe Soviet communism was like this?"

Soviet communism, like all communism, is exactly like that.

I had such a response to this. It triggered something. I think my amygdala just took over, I was terrified.

you could
cut ties with all the lies
that you been livin' in
aaaand
if you do not want to
do as I command
the state won't understayayayaaaaayayand

you're an indoctrinated baby talking about things you can't understand. You've got Tom and Jerry playing in your brain

>you're an indoctrinated baby talking about things you can't understand.
no u tho

how many versions of this meme has that scene inspired?
what an absolutely based shot.

Attached: 1557380538038.png (1166x946, 978K)

>noble their sacrifice.
they didnt die. two are still alive, the third died by heartattack in 2006.

like ark of the covenant

Yes, clearly I'm the indoctrinate one. Perhaps you'd like to tell us about some of the great communist utopias of history that didn't immediately devolve into dystopian nightmares.

Oh right, you can't because they don't exist.

Attached: 1481924019367.jpg (498x460, 100K)

THIS COMRADE IS DISPARAGING GLORIOUS GOMMUNISM OF V. I. LENIN

HE IS SIMULTANEOUSLY IN SHOCK, DELUSIONAL, IN NEED OF INFIRMARY AND A WALK ON THE ROOF

Attached: 1557526375205.jpg (960x960, 229K)

Mostly reason that they didn't have them because there weren't any. Why would they bother stocking hospitals with them?

it's one thing if you want to own other morons online with the same set talking points every youtube commenter and 70 IQ Fox and Friends anchor uses, but you're doing yourself a disservice if you actually believe that I'm the one being sold a fairy tale here

Attached: 1557660584871.jpg (1023x756, 324K)

Wait, Chernobyl is out already?

Not ONE OF YOU FUCKERS have told me HOW a RBMK can POSSIBLY EXPLODE!

Are you all S T U P I D?!

Attached: noneofu.png (344x401, 206K)

based and iodine pilled

Is this worth watching? Worth trying to find a download for?

It’s magic I ain’t gotta explain shit.

(But seriously, steam and negative void coefficients)

Attached: collage.png (900x1600, 1.25M)

IT MIGHT LEAK A BIT BEFORE AIR, PROBABLY NOT THOUGH

OFFICIALLY ONLY EP 1 IS OUT, EP 2 SHOULD STILL BE SOLIDLY GOOD

IF ONLY YOU KNEW WHAT THEY'RE PLANNING FOR THE INVESTIGATION PHASE IN THE LATTER PART OF THE SERIES

Attached: 1523672922029.jpg (1718x1501, 322K)

why was the head engineer guy so adamant about the impossibility of the core exploding? it's not like he designed the thing and didn't want to admit his design was fallible or something.

Yes. Took me all of 10 seconds on google to find.

it's too early to say for the whole series but yes, the first episode is fantastic. they're using realist historical fiction to tell a true cosmic horror story

This is an intimidation tactic

Hubris. Under normal circumstances the reactor would have never been in that condition. I don’t think they ever considered the possibility that high pressure steam could build up in the channels.

it's pretty good yeah

i dunno mate. this is mainly focused on the notebook which has many false info on the events, whether it be echoes or just plain lies

the idea of such a failure was not something anyone was prepared to deal with. there were no protocols for what happened in chernobyl and the potential damage as well as the necessary steps to follow were unimaginable

A mixture of shock and denial.

oh

Attached: got a case of the delusion poisoning.png (1302x1436, 1.17M)

right, I just mean they aren't introducing any fantastical elements, but the tone is clearly inspired by lovecraftian horror

His underlings pulled the "reactor just exploded, there's graphite all over the place" prank every other friday, he was sick of it

I assure you, radiation is very much real and can fuck your shit six ways from Sunday if you don’t respect it.

OH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

So basically America could target Russia's one carrier with an ICBM using nothing more than satellite photos.

>3.6
I've seen more just from eating a lot of bananas

>IF ONLY YOU KNEW WHAT THEY'RE PLANNING FOR THE INVESTIGATION PHASE IN THE LATTER PART OF THE SERIES
what you mean by this

it's only the first episode. we'll see where it goes. that core scene was pretty fucking crazy though. who is directing this again?

>why was the head engineer guy so adamant about the impossibility of the core exploding?
The opening monologue kind of spells it out.

>What is the cost of lies?

>It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth, the real danger is that if we hear enough lies, we'll no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon even the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories?

>In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is, "Who is to blame?"

He knows it's fucked immediately. That's the opening shot, is him realizing it's fucked. We're basically watching him go through a comedy of fuckery as he tries to find ways to avoid dying in a labor camp or being shot or having all the blame dumped on, etc.

Attached: no graphite there.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

Probably pissed that their shoving 5-6 other scientists into one fictional chick character that’ll probably be a Mary Sue

>

Attached: 1557526375202.jpg (953x800, 179K)

have sex

I do. I don’t care about the character, it’s a dramatization.

Thanks for reposting this

The word is they're creating their very own Captain Feminism who's going to single-handedly fix Chernobyl. She isn't in any of the trailers, but perhaps that's because they realise what an abysmal mistake they've made, or perhaps the editor is just doing his best to salvage what the hack director/writer has shat out all over this kino.

>If you're the kind of person that in such moments, moments where the finest of men should shine, would just pack up and scram then go fucking off yourself nigger - we all have a moral duty in such situations to do whatever needs to be done even if it means death. It's not the party but the people that require you to act. For as much as you know, there could still be a chance to save the situation. I swear, 90% of people on this website are cowards that would abandon their own children if it meant their own life was at risk. No honor, no chivalry, no national identity
All rational and logical reactions of the flesh, impulses, basically human biology.
Now the question of why some choose to stay and run toward the danger instead of away from it is up in the air.
What possesses a man to override all fears and weaknesses of the flesh and willingly commit self to certain death.

Marysue is such faggot nu-speak can we please keep that contained in the capeshit threads?

Mary Sue has been around for ever user.

You're just talking in circles now, Ivan.

>Friends theme strts playing

i've got a circle for you to talk to..it's my ass

I like this

All good guys die first.

Attached: Rip+aniki+aniki+the+glorious++died+from+getting+hit_39a15e_6534709.jpg (1200x1601, 186K)

no it really hasn't. It didn't become actual newspeak that we used on these boards at all outside of literally star trek until Max Landis made the tweet about TFA. Which was about the whole movie being an easy fanfiction with the Mary Sue character getting all the focus instead of the original characters. This got polcelitized as a culture wars meme label and has just become nu-speak for sjws to say "girls" without having to say it.

It's fucking cringey shit that politically activated star wars virgins shriek about baby movies. You're using the wrong generation of Russian propaganda for this show.

Attached: atwater nigger.jpg (806x558, 122K)

>mfw based brave liquidators are relegated for a fictional feminist insert.

Attached: I+know+hence+the+sad+wojak.jpg (279x326, 10K)

I like how all the scenes with building radiation have a quiet theme in the background.

Attached: 1439968524172.png (609x469, 553K)

have sex

LANDIS REVIVED MARYSUE IN THE CURRENT VERNACULAR, IT WAS IN EXISTENCE A LONG TIME BEFORE

ONCE A TERM REACHES CRITICAL MASS IT SHOULD BE USED TO BE BEST UNDERSTOOD

AND LANDIS KEYED IN ON A TREND, WHICH IS OBJECTIVELY OBVIOUS TO ANYONE, AND INCREASINGLY ANNOYING

NO PIECE OF MEDIA IS NOW SAFE FROM THIS FEMOID EMPOWERMENT PONTIFICATING AND MARYSUE INSERTION

YOU WOULD THINK A DOCUDRAMA ABOUT CHERNOBYL TOUTING RESEARCH AND ACCURACY COULD ESCAPE THIS GARBAGE BUT ALAS NO SUCH LUCK, THEY MUST BE FRONT AND CENTER YET AGAIN #YASSS!

Attached: rolleyes.jpg (600x399, 22K)