Computer, develop Time Travel!

>Computer, develop Time Travel!
>Beep boop boop bop. Time Travel research complete. Time Travel has been successfully created.
>I'm a genius!

This is a movie adults enjoy

Attached: _856c127e-7171-11e9-9308-6ffbdc5c45a7.jpg (960x540, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I4ix1HSzpWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tony didn't invent time travel. Ant-Man and those guys made the time travel machine and experienced the quantum realm. All Tony did was make a GPS, which isnt that farfetched compared to other Marvel technology.

Attached: pokemon-detective-pikachu.jpg (660x374, 42K)

Adults who enjoyed this are probably less dumb than you that made a thread about it...

It was more like
>computer, run simulation of time travel with new info I just obtained from captain America
The fact that he already had a simulation running was meant to show that he’d already considered time travel but without the knowledge of pym particles, his simulations were not working

>pajeet, help me make indestructible armor and an arc reactor in this haji den with a box of scraps

It wasn't time travel, it was dimensional travel

thread over already. that was easy

Get that breadcrumb out of your beard pikachu

its not hard to think up an excuse with the amount of crazy tech/magic in the setting
>his armor analyzed the time stone when Strange used it near him

lol true

I agree. It should have been a 5 hour movie with 2 hours dedicated to shirtless sweaty Tony flexing and coming up with how to time travel

They even sent Scott back in time already and back before Tony showed up with his device. Tony didn't invent the time machine. OP is a fag as always

Reminder that if a female character did this, she would be called a Mary Sue.

Still insecure about his height lmao

>literally a childrens genre
>surprised it uses cartoon logic

wowie

/thread

OP is a retard

The time machine was some really deus ex machina stuff. Scott comes out of the quantum realm mumbling shit about time any three year old could've contrived from hearing the theory of relativity, yet somehow he extrapolates that you can travel backwards in time; a proposition arguably far different from time moving relatively slowly.

Not only that, it kind of retcons Michelle Pfeiffer's character who spent probably over 30 to 40 years in the quantum realm, which by Scott's math, should've only amounted to about 3 to 4 years in the real world. Janet Van Dyne comes out of the quantum realm looking considerably older. She looks to be around the same age of Dr. Hank Pym.

Anyway, that's the deus ex machina of the entire Avengers storyline especially how they tripped across time travel.

Attached: MV5BOWJjYTVjMjktMWQ1Zi00YWVkLTk5MDktZGVkZjY4MzEwMDY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzk3NDUzNTc@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,17 (1777x998, 143K)

Literally Jimmy Neutron-tier writing. Bravo.

Looks like you need some sex fren

The only thing unrealistic was Potts reaction
>I did it...
>It?
>Time travel!
>oh wow thats amazing. And scary I guess.

Do people shooting lasers and flying bother you as well, OP?

>Scott comes out of the quantum realm mumbling shit about time any three year old could've contrived from hearing the theory of relativity
Have you ever met a three year old?

Attached: 1487670703704.jpg (707x536, 154K)

Time travel is always nonsense no matter how hard you try to explain it, because it's not real. The directors of Endgame said in an interview, that's why they made it a joke, because that's exactly what time travel is. You can't go on and on about the topic without eventually it being ridiculous. Endgame was at least self-aware about this. And OP is still wrong about Tony inventing time travel.

>Time travel is always nonsense no matter how hard you try to explain it, because it's not real.
Correct user.

Nevermind how they introduced it, they couldn't even keep the rules straight.
>War Machine Lampshade: Why don't we go back and kill Thanos as a baby?
>Green Banner: It doesn't work like that, this is parallel universe version
>Meanwhile Captain America at end

It's not a GPS, its the trajectory and speed required to ride the quantum realm in such a way to reverse time. It's still fucking stupid.

>which by Scott's math, should've only amounted to about 3 to 4 years in the real world.
I meant to say 30 to 40 years in the real world is the equivalent of 30 to 40 hours in the quantum realm since each real world year is 1 hour in the quantum realm.

>, that's why they made it a joke, because that's exactly what time travel is.
Why use time travel then? How the fuck are these schmucks given the resources to direct such a huge movie when they admittedly are being idiots?

Cringed when he mentioned Eigenvalues while developing time travel. Apparently Russo brothers never took a linear algebra course.

only if you're a brainlet. Two easy explanations
>went back to a different timeline, lived his life, came back to his original timeline
>rules not broken
>went back in his own timeline, lived a quiet life and didn't interfere, meaning he had always gone back which isn't contradicted in previous movies
>rules not broken

because it worked to tell their story and only contrarian retards get ass blasted about it

I think HG Welles did it pretty well

also they kind of skim over the fact that they essentially also created a de-aging device when they brought back scott at three different ages in his life but him being conscious and aware of it completely would mean that his consciousness was tied to whatever age he was when he came through, meaning he had all the same knowledge no matter what age he was.

that seems kind of fucking useful for super heroes don't you think?

Okay, so say they created the alternate route, so what? Why can't they just live in the timeline they created where everything is okay? Pretty sure this was the only reason for Tony's daughters existence

That's an interesting and new plot hole.

Agreed, but there's only one possible explanation given Banner's theory.

>went back to a different timeline, lived his life, came back to his original timeline
Time travel doesn't work like this in the Avengers if you accept Banner's theory. You can't change the past. You can only affect a different timeline. Once you leave the current timeline, if you don't use the same technique to get you out, you'll be stuck in the new timeline. Timelines do not intersect. The only explanation for Captain at the end of EG is that another parallel Captain America made a similar choice as current timeline's Cap, and just so happened to appear in the Avengers current timeline as an old man who lived out his years in the new timeline for himself yet still the current timeline for the Avengers.

it's not a plot hole. Fuck, you retards just love abusing buzzwords

he didn't change the past, he was already in it.

Didn't he spend the last 5 years studying it or was just me introducing some sense into this?

he studied it for a weekend.

Because it was the only way to beat the villain with the mess they found themselves in.

yes it was deus ex machina bullshit but it's not like the quantum realm has set rules about how time passage works, in the second ant man they even say something about "staying away from time vortexes".

Shut up you retard

>I figured it out
>figured what out
>time travel
Sure thing boss

>why didnt they spent a half hour with him trying to figure out time travel distillation so TIME FUCKING TRAVEL would be more believable duuuuuur

this bothered me because it seems like tony stark could have discovered time travel at literally any point in time. He just never felt like it. Oh you mean time travel? yeah I guess I could do that...

What, you want me to bend reality and make everybody fly and destroy all evil from the planet... Well I guess I could do some math and make that happen

Not everyones a pedo chief

Because they couldn't figure out any other clever ways to reverse the snap. Can you?
And dont say they should have left those characters dead, give me a fucking break, its Disney

Making yourself younger isnt going to beat villains

>Banner discovers fountain of youth
>never think to place tony's body inside fountain of youth to reverse the effects of the infinity stones on his body
Another thing that got me was how important the infinity stones seemed to be in maintaining the alignment of different realities and dimensions ... the same infinity stones that Thanos used to destroy the infinity stones. If they hadn't gone back in time, wouldn't there have been an even more calamitous outcome for the remaining half of everything in the universe?

What bugs me is that they didn't just invent timetravel. Post Endgame earth literally has teleporting across the universe now. Anywhere, any time they want.

check mate.

>Not only that, it kind of retcons Michelle Pfeiffer's character who spent probably over 30 to 40 years in the quantum realm, which by Scott's math, should've only amounted to about 3 to 4 years in the real world. Janet Van Dyne comes out of the quantum realm looking considerably older. She looks to be around the same age of Dr. Hank Pym.
This is explained in the post credits of that movie user
>Janet to Scott: "And don't get sucked into a time vortex"
Which she obviously didn't

it wouldn't do that, it would just make his dead body younger

>being at peak strength isn't going to give you an edge

they could've put thor in it and made him jacked

>If they hadn't gone back in time, wouldn't there have been an even more calamitous outcome for the remaining half of everything in the universe?
no...?

and the stones weren't destroyed destroyed, they're just not in one piece.

But his body wouldn't have been dead when it was younger. As Tony described, it was pulling time through Scott, not putting Scott through time.

What Marvel hero is too old and needs to de-age to stand a better chance against villains?

>they could've put Back Widow in it and made her hot

Attached: 578256a0935e90178ba0a1f6733c0c40.jpg (736x430, 50K)

Spider-Man

you can't be this retarded.

Can I still fuck the little twink?

Because normies eat shit and love it

>which she obviously didn't
And we're supposed to assume that Scott got pulled into one?

At least the time vortex language gives some pretext for what becomes time travel. It's not entirely deus ex machina if that's the case, but it's pretty damn close.

just like you?

Attached: aHGAhzb.gif (720x538, 3.48M)

epic post upfagged

>doesn't mention the rat the braps on some tech equipment and yanks Scott from inside the quantum realm
This entire movie when you think about it ...

>imagine being so retarded that you can't put two and two together and need to have the movie spell it out for you by having characters say it to the audience
I don't know man, I mean I guess that whole time vortex line was a throw away statement that means nothing in a franchise that likes to build up into other movies.

No they sent time back through Scott before iron man showed up.

You're forgetting that Scott's brain and memories were the same in each age he came back as. Tony's brain is dead so even if you made him younger he would still be completely braindead

The implication is he was working on it for years before Ant Man and Co. suggested the idea to him but was still struggling with the idea of actually using it.

imagine being this retarded

lmao! that was literally that, and that's how you retcon your so-called drama from last episode which was only a cheap cliffhanger...

>Scott Lang
>the only human being to ever pull himself out of the quantum realm
>doesn't know a time vortex when he sees one
I don't man, maybe you like to make up shit when something isn't written all that good. You probably wouldn't notice it anyway given how IW and EG basically uses the same characters while writing them stupendously idiotic in one film over the other. That's not good writing.

based DC shill

FPBP
OP BTFO

That's why I hate capeshit. Literal ass pulls over 22 movies.

Science = magic so at least call it that.

I'm cool with Dr strange and thor because they're literal myths and magicians

This movie is riddled with paradoxes:
- Nebula kills her past self
- They kill Thanos from the past, so now he never gets the stones and kills everyone to begin with
- How the fuck did Cap live in the past with Peggy without being recognized or interfering in world events?
- Cap fighting himself should've shredded reality

Bonus stupidity:
- Fat Thor was literally unnecessary.
- Smart Hulk meets the Ancient One and immediately threatens to beat her ass for the Time Stone instead of explaining himself rationally?

It's been a while since I've seen this much sperging on here.

>these are things I don't like or confused by so I'm gonna say they're wrong.

>STILL doesn't understand that paradoxes don't exist by the rules they established
Imagine being this much of a brainlet that you can't understand a children's movie

>- Nebula kills her past self
she kills a different self
>- They kill Thanos from the past, so now he never gets the stones and kills everyone to begin with
in a different timeline
>- How the fuck did Cap live in the past with Peggy without being recognized or interfering in world events?
he wore glasses
>- Cap fighting himself should've shredded reality
this isn't timecop

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
Brainlet.

>computer kick up the 4d3d3d3

Attached: BMCXS-LB_400x400.png (293x293, 72K)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clark

Any sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial is indistinguishable from God. -Michael Shermer

Paul Rudd is great

Because its based on a comic book where everyone gets brought back you fucking idiot.

shut the fuck up faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=I4ix1HSzpWE

Cap going back in time and creating a new timeline but still being present in their timeline as an old man is a severe contradiction to the movies in universe time travel rules.

>the movie writers put some discrepancies in the movie, but it's my job as the viewer to work those discrepancies out
>not the actual people writing the movie

That second quote sounds like it said by a hack considering how edgy and retarded it is

Attached: gfs face when seen with you in public.png (1920x1090, 2.57M)

This

Because superheroes aren't real either, so it doesn'tm atter

>ITT: look how smart I am, I can point out logical holes in the plot of this children's movie full of gods and colourful aliens

do any of you even realise what obnoxiously intense faggots you are, or does it genuinely just slip your notice

He seriously could have said a few more big words. Instead of what he said, he could have said something like "Ok, now invert the helix and truncate the structure by 32%.. no 29%"

don't try to reason with these idiots dudes, thi
es people are actually payed shills from Disney, they know the movie is stupi shit for babys and the time travel part makes no sense in itself so these shills were ordered to counter that statement with "movie logic" you dont get.

Sounds like something you'd hear on a supercut of terrible technobabble.

This, OP is a stupid fuck that cant follow a capeshit plot

When a man does it we call it bad writing. The difference is the later rarely is driven by an agenda.

Attached: 13932851_833849080084321_3270671884196306570_n.jpg (317x317, 9K)

This thread is why I will never buy Yea Forums looking down on capeshit as lower form of media. You people are literally too dumb for capeshit. These movies are for middle schoolers, and you cant grasp basic elements of their plots.